Revelations

Overboard. (Sequel to Just so you know)

 

Yonghwa didn’t have the courage to follow her and make her stay. He has no right and she had been through a lot because of him. He was too focused with his thoughts that he didn’t notice that Shinhye’s been standing there for whoever knows.

“I heard everything.” But Yonghwa still kept his head on the ground.”I was always aware of her feelings for you. And I didn’t want you to belong to anyone else. You belong with me.” Yonghwa didn’t speak, so she continued. “I was always jealous of her. The way you talk about her when we’re together. How great she is, how pretty she looks when she’s angry and blushing.  I thought it’s because you two are just so close. I never got used to it, and I felt jealous. I realized that you were just blinded by your attraction to me, that you yourself don’t realize that she’s the one you actually love. But I won’t allow you to know for yourself. So I distracted you, I grabbed the chance to steal all your time with her. And I succeed. But it still pained my heart to see you looking at her in school, and that time when you excused yourself, telling me that it’s your movie date with her every Saturday night. I know you missed her so badly, and finally giving up, I’ll never fully own your heart.” Yonghwa looked at her with wide and confused eyes. “I decided to have fun and forget you, I met lots of guys and it worked. I met Hongki at the bar a month ago. He’s a year younger than me but he’s charming, and nice and.. and.. he makes me feel like I’m the only girl in the world.” She sat beside Yonghwa and looked at him sincerely. “We never did it you know? I was just caught on his house late at night.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? Why do we have to end up like this?” Yonghwa asked. He doesn’t know why he wasn’t mad at Shinhye anymore.

“That’s why I called you earlier. I wanted a closure. But then it didn’t turned out the way I wanted to. You acted all green halk without any further explanation from me. Even breaking my favorite wooden chair.” She explained. Yonghwa didn’t answer. He really don’t know what to say. So much thoughts in his brain at that moment. “I know you won’t be able to forgive me at once, but please find it to your heart and know that she is the one you really love. And not me.”

“It’s all your fault.” Yonghwa said accusingly.

“Yah! Why is it only my fault?? You’re the one who’s stupid to believe that I’m the one you love!” Shinhye argued.

“You know what? It’s really strange” Yonghwa asked.

“What’s really strange?”

“I’m not mad anymore.” They exchanged glances and started to laugh at how pathetic they were.

“So, what’s your plan now?”

“I don’t know.” He answered.

“What do you mean you don’t know?!” Aren’t you going to win her back??!”

“I don’t think I could face her for now.” Suddenly, he felt someone smacked his head. “Yah!! What was that for!?”

“Pabo yah!? After everything I told you, you’re just gonna let her go without a fight??!”

“Sheesh! I’ll tell her on graduation next week!”

“Why still wait for next week when you can go now?!” Shinhye pulled Yonghwa’s arm, but he still didn’t got up from the ground.

“Geez lady! You’re so loud!! It’s because I want to prepare myself okay! And I’ve said some hurtful things to her just now. I don’t want to confuse her with my feelings!” Shinhye knew that he had a point so she let go of her pull.

“Alright. Good luck then.”

“Shinhye..” He said.

“Hmm?”

“I forgive you.”

-----------------------------------

It’s been a week since Yonghwa didn’t see Seohyun at their campus after that night.

“What’s with the long face? Aren’t you excited?! We’re finally going to be freee~!” Jonghyun said as he spins around with his arms wide open.

“You look like and idiot.” Yonghwa mumbled. Jonghyun stopped and patted Yonghwa’s back.

“Don’t worry, you’ll see her tomorrow. And there’s still graduation ball. You’ll have your shot.” Yonghwa looked at him and gave him a smile.

“Thanks man.”

“No problem. Hey, see you later, I’ve got to go to Yoona’s dorm. She kinda has her period today so I don’t want to be, you know, harassed to death.” Yonghwa laughed and waved goodbye to Jonghyun. Eversince that night happened, Seohyun kept hiding from him. Well, most of the time. He’d go to her dorm at night and looked at her window from his car. He didn’t have the guts to come near her door and ask for his forgiveness.

-----------------------------------------------

After graduation ceremony, Yonghwa looked for Seohyun but she was not there. Even earlier when her name was called, there was no one who came up the stage to claime the diploma. He went to ask his professor about Seohyun’s absence, but they too were clueless. He called Seohyun’s mom and dad but they won’t answer their phones.

There was a party held at the school’s gym for the students who graduated, but Yonghwa decided to pass and went straight to his dorm.

“YAH! What are you doing here?!” Yonghwa asked, surprised to see some of his friends inside their room.

“Well, we thought that the ball is going to be boring since alcohol is not allowed, and we know that you’re also so Mr. Gloomy and emotional so we decided to have fun with you.” Jonghoon said as he handed a glass of wine to Yonghwa. “Congrats to us!”

“Cheers!” Everyone lifted their glasses and beers up.”

“Jonghoon-ah, have you seen Jonghyun?”

“He’s at Yoona’s dorm. He’s gonna celebrate there.”

“Okay, I’ll be at my room to change.” Yonghwa went inside his room and closed the door, he quickly went to his wardrobe and took out some clean shirt. He placed his glass on his side table when he notice a big box lying on his bed. He took the card on top of it and read the letter.

Yong oppa,

How have you been? I’m sorry for the way I behaved for the past week. I think it’s the best to have some space between us. I miss you and I know I’ll miss you more when I go away. Always know that you will always have a place in my heart. For God knows how much I love you oppa. I will be away for now. Please take care of yourself. Don’t drink too much coffee and stay away from fights! I’ll nag you as much as I can just to give you what I know will be good for you. Oh, by the way, I bought this last year and was planning to give you on graduation personally, but I guess my plans had change because of what happened. I saw you eyeing this last year when we took a stroll on the music store. I hope you fulfill your dreams of being a musician. I may not be with you anymore, but I promise you that I’ll support you all the way. Congratulations oppa!

Love,

Seo Joo Hyun

Yonghwa felt a tear dropped from his eye. He folded the letter and placed it inside his pocket. He carefully opened the box and saw a black glossy acoustic guitar. To his surprise, his initials were perfectly drawn on the upper right of the guitar’s body. He immideately took out his car keys and went out of the dorm. Yonghwa went to Seohyun and Jonghyun was the one who opened the door. Yoona was crying at the couch when he went inside.

“Where’s Seohyun?”

“She’s gone. She left without saying goodbye.” Yoona said with a shaking voice. She looked up at Yonghwa and her eyes were full of anger.

“Maybe you could still catch her at the airport.” Jonghyun said hopefully. But Yoona shook her head.

“We don’t know where she’s going. She didn’t tell me. Her parents didn’t also know where she went. AND IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!!!” Jonghyun rushed beside Yoona and stopped her from going near to Yonghwa.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Yonghwa fell to the floor on his knees. Yoona continued to cry and wanted to hit Yonghwa, but they knew it would lead to nowhere..