Bad Luck

Bad Luck

“Owwwwww!” you groaned painfully. You limped to a chair took a carefully look at your toe. “Stupid table,” you mumbled softly. While you were doing the house chores, you had crashed your toe into the table’s leg. You stretched your arm backwards to reach the first-aid kit on the table only to fall backwards. “Why am I getting hurt so much?!” You cried out loud. You reached up and applied the soothing cream onto your toe before grabbing a cup of water and swallowing a painkiller for your growing headache.

You had finished doing the chores around the house and cleaned it in the process. Even though you had several minor accidents – where you got hurt – you still continued with doing it with some small complaints. You had crashed into the wall, spilt water onto the ground and slipped, knocked over your pile of your most favourite Korean pop group – to which you complained about since you treated them dearly and you had broken expensive vase.

You sat on the couch and winced in pain. When you had broken the vase, some of the broken shards had cut you, leaving several cuts on your fingers. Some were deep and some were shallow but they still hurt either way. “How am I going to cook lunch with all of these accidents happening to me?” you whinged to the air... Or Casper the Ghost, something you hoped so that you didn't look stupid talking to yourself. You kicked your legs and waved your arms around… Only to kick the coffee table that was in front of the couch. “OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!” you whined loudly. You rubbed your sore legs before getting up and reluctantly heading to the kitchen to cook lunch.

Once you entered the kitchen and brought out the ingredients to make tteokbokki. You took out the sauce pan and filled it with water before starting to cook it. While turning on the stove, you accidently burnt yourself. You hissed in pain and instantly turned off the stove. You grabbed your tube of cream to soothe the burn. You managed to cook your lunch with just only minor cuts and burns. You carefully settled it onto a plastic bowl out of precaution and sat at the table. You your CD player and placed one of your album’s CD before choosing a song. Last Farewell was on and you softly tapped your feet to the beat while singing in the chorus.

I don't wanna be without you girl
Majimak insaneun
Jeobeodugil barae
Oneul dan harumankeumeun
I don't wanna be without you girl
Nae seotun maeum
Kkaji ango gajwo I love you I need you girl
Baby baby baby jogeum eosaekhajiman seoro
Baby baby baby ajik saranghago inneunde
Baby baby baby duryeopgineun hajimanseodo
Kkeuchiboijiman nan geuraedo only you girl

While you were singing, the tteokbokki was too spicy for you that had to go get a cup of milk, leaving your bowl behind.

When you came back, you bowl was already empty. “Huh?” You thought confusingly, tilting your head ever so slightly to the side. “I thought I still had some left…” You lowered your speakers only to hear running water from your bathroom. Your eyes widened in fear as you grabbed the hidden wooden bat underneath your bed. You heard the water tap being turned off so you hid beside the door, your grip around the bat tightened. When you saw a feet poked out from the door frame, you swung the bat as hard as you can at the intruder while closing your eyes. You felt the bat being stopped and opened one eye to peek at the intruder.
“Man, am I glad I have a weak girlfriend,” they grinned. Your eyes widened in surprise and you dropped the bat.
“O-O-Oppa!” You whined, stomping your feet. “You scared the living day lights of me!” You continued stomping that you ended up stepping onto the bat and slipped. You instinctively closed your eyes, waiting for the surface of the hard ground only to feel something wrapped around your waist and landing onto something slightly wet and warm. You opened your eyes to a pack of abs and a grinning face.
“If you wanted a hug, you could’ve of just asked,” he teased playfully.
“Jiyong-oppa!” you slapped his chest in embarrassment before giving him a peck on the cheek. “I did miss you though,” you giggled. You got up and dusted yourself off before taking a quick glance at your boyfriend. Your face darkened when your brain finally registered what he was covered with. He only had a towel wrapped around his waist so you quickly turned around and covered your face, feeling the heat radiating from your face. “O-oppa…” you mumbled softly.
“Yes, jagiya?” he asked, getting off from the ground.
“P-PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!” You cried in embarrassment before dashing out of the room. He looked down at himself and smirked.
“I bet you enjoyed it though~” he sang when you ran out. “Who wouldn’t want to love these babies?” he mused to himself, smacking himself softly on his abs.

After quickly changing, Jiyong saw you bandaging yourself. He gaped at the scene before rushing to your aid and taking a seat beside you. “Jagiya!” He took your bandaged arm and looked at you worriedly. “What happened to you?” Your face softened at his scrunched up worried before softly answering.
“Nothing really,” you smiled. “I just dropped my cup when I accidently bumped into the table but I’m okay.” You didn’t want him to worry so you gently patted his head. Before you knew it, he grasped your hand and carefully examined it. His frown deepened as he saw all the cuts, burns and bandages on your arm.
“You’re not okay,” he chided softly. He tugged your arm softly so that you were leaning slightly forward. He gave you chaste kisses on each cut, bandage and burn. Your face pinked at each kiss he gave you. You couldn’t help but squirm and giggle every time he kissed them because it tickled you. You gazed at him lovingly to which he rece your eyes met. He reached up and held your head before giving you a long loving kiss that literally took your breath away.

When he broke the kiss your face was red from both the lack of oxygen and the kiss. Your head rested on his shoulder to which he wrapped his arms around your waist. “You always brighten up my days even if bad luck seems to follow me,” you mumbled softly. Jiyong’s ear perked up once he heard you say something.
“Did you just say something?” he asked. You shook your head as a reply before snuggling into his chest. “You know for your tteokbokki, you need to add more chilli paste.” Your eyes widened when recognition hit you. You accusingly pointed at him when you realised.
“Y-You… You… You’re the one who ate my bowl of tteokbokki!” you accused.
“Hey, I was famished and I don’t think you would call that tteokbokki, it wasn’t spicy enough,” he mused. “Unless… My girlfriend here is too wuss to put more in~” Your eyes widened at what he said and you had your hands at your hips.
“OPPA!” You cried, a tad annoyed. Jiyong heard the annoyance in your voice that he looked at you with a puppy look. You raised an eyebrow at his embarrassingly cute aeygo but you still had the annoyed look.
“Okay, I’m sorry, to make it up to you,” he rubbed the nape of his neck as if he was unsure of what to do. “I’ll sing to you, okay?” He got comfortable before singing your favourite song of all time, Butterfly.

Musimko haneureul bwa Like
Ne utneun moseubeul darma
Yunanhi nunbusingeol Baby

Once he finished, he looked at you with a pleading look. You tried to look annoyed but a giggle slipped from your lips, making your whole façade a total fail. “Oh, I could never be angry with you…” You giggled softly before snuggling into his broad chest. He grinned happily before kissing and softly nuzzling your cheek.