There in the Sun

There in the Sun

"Kyuhyun?"

"Kyuhyun! Come on! Wake up!", a soft voice called the Maknae and shook him gently at the shoulder. "Breakfast is ready!"

"Yeah... five more minutes...", Kyuhyun

growled sleepy and pulled the blanket over his head. "Please..."

"Okay, okay... but don't fall asleep again!", Yesung laughed and shook his head, shighed smiling when he left the room and a almost sleeping Kyuhyun behind him.

"Didn't you say that you want to wake Kyuhyun?!", questioningly, Ryeowook looked up from the pan and at Yesung, when he entered the kitchen alone.

Yesung smiled apologetically. "Yeah... actually I wanted... but he looked really tired, so I give him another ten minutes, until breakfast is completely ready.", he streched the back of his neck and looked at Ryeowook. "Was it wrong?"

"No.", the latter smiled fondly and hugged Yesung, got a gently kiss on the cheek from the older man. "Kyuhyun-ah deserves some rest... the last months were nothing but horrible for him. I've never seen him cry so much... and all those nightmares..."

Ryeowook cut himself off, sighed heavily and turned back to the stove and the pan. ""I'm still hoping that Sungmin-hyung and he will finding back to each other..."

"Yeah... He still loves Sungmin-ah more than his own life...", Yesung sighed and sat down at the kitchen table, stared at Ryeowook's back while the other male was cooking. "I mean he-"

"You don't need to remind me!", Ryeowook cut him off, a sharp tone in his voice, and glared at him over his shoulder. "It's bad and sad enough that all that happened between them!

Yesung nodded slowly and looked down at the polished wooden table. "I'm sorry.", he mumbled, leaned his head back against the wall and closed his eyes, while they both fell into silence.

Ten minutes later, a tired Kyuhyun appeared in the kitchen and tried to rub the sleep out of his eyes. "Morning...", he yawned and settled himself down at the kitchen table too. Yesung and Ryeowook looked at him suspiciously, but didn't say anything.

"Did you sleep well, Kyuhyun-ah?", with a lovely smile, Ryeowook placed a plate right in front of Kyuhyun.

The other stared down at his dish and nodded imperceptibly. "Yeah... more or less.", Kyuhyun mumbled and eyed his breakfast, wasn't actually really hungry.

"More or less?", Ryeowook asked carefully and glanced shortly at Yesung, set down at the table as well and looked at the Maknae. "Did you have a nightmare again?"

Kyuhyun didn't answered and the both other men looked nervously at each other, before they looked back at Kyuhyun, who was still staring at his plate but nowhere at the same time. "Kyu? Are you okay?", Ryeowook was getting worried with every further moment.

"I...I dreamt of Sungmin... a-and this rainy day at the train station.", Kyuhyun whispered and tears started to blur his vision. "He- he said... that he loves me..."

Kyuhyun's voice cracked and he suddenly hide his face in his hands, while he silently sobbed. "I- I know it's weird, bu- but I'm still loving him!"

"It's not weird and we can understand you!" Ryeowook sat down right next to Kyuhyun, wrapped an arm around his shoulder and pulled him at his side. "Please don't cry Kyuhyun-ah." he carefully patted the others back, tried to calm and comfort him.

 

~Two months before~

It was right in the middle of the night, when Sungmin walked into the dark living room where Kyuhyun was lying on the couch.

He immediately sat up when he noticed Sungmin's silhouette through the dim lighting from the hall way. "Sungmin-ah?"

"Explain it to me...", Sungmin whispered after he stopped in front of Kyuhyun. "Why Kyu? Why with him?"

Kyuhyun tried to swallow the lump in his throat, when he heared Sungmin's shaky voice. "Please... Min... You really must believe me that I could never cheat on you!", guilt filled his heart, when he reached for Sungmin's hand, but got no really motion from the elder male.

He sighed. "Can... can you please sit down?", Kyuhyun asked carefully and shifted slightly to the side that Sungmin could sit.

It took a moment, before Sungmin slumped down and was still looking at him; Kyuhyun could feel his gaze on him.

Gently, Kyuhyun took Sungmin's hand in his, leaned forward and placed a butterfly kiss on the back of his hand.

Sungmin sobbed, when he felt Kyuhyun's soft lips and tears were running down his cheeks again.

Kyuhyun sighed quietly and tried to hold back his own tears. "It... it all started, when he became my personal secretary. He was friendly, courteous and helped me a lot with my work. I don't know when he became this attentive and... intrusive. He brought me coffee, my lunch, little gifts and a relaxing massages here and there and... and I didn't noticed that he managed all of my schedules that I've to spent more and more hours at my office and alone with him. Then there were all those flights to Japan and China and the strange coincidences that the hotels booked the wrong rooms, or that our booking wasn't registered so that we had to share a room."

"But at this time I still didn't realized it, because I worked so much that I could offer you a good life. You give me so much love and always care about me and you're doing everything for me and- and I thought that this would be the least thing I can give back to you."

"I didn't even realized that he did all this just to separate us. But you must believe me Sungmin! I'm still loving you! I always did and will do it in the future too, and there is no other one for me! My heart belongs only to you."

Kyuhyun hadn't noticed that the tears, he tried to hold back the whole time, were flowing down his cheeks.

It was embarrassing for him to admit all of this to Sungmin, but it didn't matter as long as Sungmin believed and trusted him.

"Then he fired one of my subordinates, who actually was a very good and close school friend of me. I asked him why he did it and he said that she has stolen some trade secrets and sold them to our competitors. From this moment I got suspicious and started to observe him, but his attentions became less and so I became careless again.", Kyuhyun started again and squeezed Sungmin's hands. "When you caught us he... he tried to extort me..."

Now it was Sungmin who squeezed Kyuhyun's hand and the latters heart begans to flutter. "W- why did he tried to extort you?", the elder male asked with a low voice and was looking at their intertwined hands; even if it was still dark in the living room he could see them. "And... with... with what?"

Kyuhyun bit his lower lip and avoided Sungmin's gaze, looked anywhere but at him.

"Uhm... do you remember my business trip four months ago? There was this conference in Tokyo and after we got the deal with the other company, we went out in the evening and celebrated our win. I uhm... I don't know what exactly happend at this evening and I can only remember fragments, but this are very blurred. At the next morning I woke up next to him... com- completely and he was still sleeping. Later he... he said that I was completely drunk the evening before and had allegedly confess to him that I love him and then, he said, I slept with him."

Sungmin gasped in shock and wanted to withdraw his hands from Kyu, but Kyuhyun held his hands. "No, Min. Please believe me! I didn't do anything!", Kyuhyun begged with teary eyes. "I could never cheat on you!"

Sungmin sobbed and blinked multiple times, didn't know what he should say. He really wanted to trust Kyuhyun, but the scene he saw, when he caught his lover and his secretary told another story.

"But... why should he extort you, when you didn't slept with him?", the elder male asked and his body started to tremble. It was to much for him.

Carefully, Kyuhyun slipped closer to Sungmin and pulled the elder male into his arms, could feel him tense up even more.

"He... he said that he loves me and that he would do everything to get me. He said that he would tell you what I did and that he has some evidence photos and a video, which he wanted to show you. So I got frightened that I really did something with him I couldn't remember. And I also got scared that... that you would believe him and leave me."

"So I did everything he wanted during the last months, because I didn't want to lose you. But he became more demanding and today he came here and wanted to force me that I leave you. Then suddenly we heard your steps and... and... yeah... you know the rest."

Kyuhyun rested his head on top of Sungmin's who had buried his face at his chest and was a crying and sobbing mess.

"Why... why didn't you talk to me?! Why didn't you trust me?!", Sungmin suddenly yelled at him and pushed Kyuhyun away. "Am I not your boyfriend!? I would have believed you!"

"I... I know...", Kyuhyun whispered. "But I couldn't remember at that night and this photos..."

Sungmin didn't know if he should be angry that Kyuhyun hadn't spoken with him about his extortion, or if he should be sad that Kyuhyun obviously hadn't really trusted him.

He was still crying, when he stood up and walked through the living room.

"W- Where do you go, Sungmin-ah?", immediatly, Kyuhyun was on his feet too and followed Sungmin, grabbed him by his wrist. "Please don't go..."

"I need time, Kyu.", Sungmin said and was looking on the floor. "Even though I believe and trust you that you didn't cheat on me, you are the one who obviously hasn't trust me and it hurts..."

The elder freed his wrist and walked off in the direction of their bedroom.

~

This was more or less the last thing Kyuhyun had seen and heard from Sungmin. He hadn't really slept the night, but when he woke up in the morning Sungmin was already gone. The other male only left a note which said that he was still loving Kyuhyun and that there would never be another man for him. But the note also said that Kyuhyun shouldn't look for him, because he just needed some time.

Right at that moment, the time had stopped for Kyuhyun. That what he feared the most had happened. Sungmin left him and didn't want to be found.

And now he was living with Yesung and Ryeowook at their apartment, because his two best friends were frightened that Kyuhyun would get some bad and strange ideas, if he was completely alone in his despair.

But Kyuhyun was glad that they were living together, because he became sadder with every day without Sungmin.

He tried to call his boyfriend almost every morning and evening, but Sungmin ignored his calls and text messages.

"I'm pretty sure Sungmin will call you in a few days!", Ryeowook said with a warm smile and patted Kyuhyun at the back, tried to comfort the younger. "I mean... we all know that you two love each other more then your own lifes and Sungmin-hyung can never be really angry with you that long."

"But- but he ignores me since two months Ryeowook-ah.", Kyuhyun whispered with a faint voice and leaned at his hyung. "I miss him so much... I want see him, and tell him that I love him."

"Then go and do it!", they suddenly heared a third and familiar voice from the hallway and in the next moment, Hyukjae stepped into the kitchen.

"What do you mean?", Yesung and the two others were looking questioningly at him. "Do- do you know where Sungmin is?", Kyuhyun's voice was nothing but pure hope.

"Ehrm... yeah... I know where he is, because he's living since two months with Donghee and me.", sheepishly, Hyukjae looked at the ground and streched the back of his neck.

"But you had always said that you doesn't know where Sungminnie-hyung is.", Ryeowook looked dumbfounded at the male who was leaning against the counter. "I know, I know.", Hyukjae nodded, sighing. "And we both didn't like it that we had to lie, but we have promised Sungmin-hyung that we don't say a word- to anyone."

"But... then, why did you come here and tell it us now?", Ryeowook, Yesung and Kyuhyun looked stunned at the fourth male.

Hyukjae sighed. "Becaue we can't handle it any longer! Sungmin is crying every day after he recieved your calls and from time to time he has really bad nightmares."

"Can- can I see him?", Kyuhyun asked with a trembling voice and a wide smile spread across his face, when Hyukjae immediatly nodded and handed him the house keys.

"Please don't be angry with him, Kyuhyunnie.", Hyukjae smiled gently. "He's still loving you and nothing can change that! He was just hurt."

"Don't worry! I won't!" and with that Kyuhyun rushed out of the kitchen, got dressed and styled in a few seconds and dissapeared through the main door.

 

The whole way through the city was as short as never before, even if the streets were packed, and Kyuhyun had more luck than mind that he didn't caused an accident.

Fourty minutes later, Kyuhyun parked his car in a parking lot at the opposite streetside of Donghae's and Hyukjae's house and as soon he got out of his car and looked at the familiar house, his heart began to flutter and a shiver ran through his body.

He looked carefully to each side before he walked across the street and climbed the two stairs of the porch, stopped right in front of the door. Kyuhyun took a deep breath, when he unlocked the front door and stepped inside the house, looked around and was searching for a certain man he called his love and life.

Kyuhyun slowly walked into the living room and immediately froze, when he suddenly saw the other male who was sitting at the couch and blankly staring out of the patio door.

"Sungmin...", it wasn't more than a faint whisper, but Sungmin had heard him and looked instantly at him.

Like in slow motion Sungmin stood up and walked toward Kyuhyun, stopped right in front of his boyfriend. "Kyu...", he whispered and tears were blurring his vision. "You... you're here..."

The smaller male extended his arm, but before Sungmin could touch Kyuhyun, he was pulled into his embrace and Kyuhyun wrapped his arms tight around Sungmin's waist.

"I missed you...", Kyuhyun hide his face at Sungmin's shoulder, was currently sobbing and could feel Sungmin's trembling body in his arms. "I missed you so damn much!"

"I missed you too!", Sungmin whispered, sobbed uncontrolled and pressed himself at Kyuhyun, hugged him as tight as he could and wanted to never let him go again. "And- and I'm so sorry that- that I hided m- myself."

"But... but I w- was hurt and ac- actually I- I just want- wanted to talk with- with him and wanted to know what... But he- he laughed at me and ca- called me stupid and that I doesn't deserve y- you, because I wouldn't trust yo- you enough when- when I more or less have leave you.", Sungmin admitted, while he was still crying and clung onto Kyu. "I- I became angry and... and hit him, but he only laugehd even more an- and said that it seems that he was right, because I would be the proof that our relationship wasn't true, since I hadn't trusted you and oh Kyu! I'm so sorry! I got scared and believed him, when he said that he finally had got what he had wanted, and- and... "

"Ssssh....", Kyuhyun smiled fondly, when he looked at the smaller male and kissed his forehead. "It- it doesn't matter! I don't care, if you only hit him, or- or if you broke his nose, kicked his or I don't know what. I simply don't care about it, about him, Min! You're the only one I really care about! And nothing, really nothing can change it! You were right! I hurt you, because I didn't speak with you and more or less started this affair, but please please believe me that I could never betray you!"

He paused and realized that he was almost crying too.

"Please, Hyung... please never leave me again... I can't live without you!", Kyuhyun whispered and buried his face at Sungmin' neck. "I love you so much... you are my heart, my soul... my everything!"

"I know... and I'll never leave you again!", Sungmin hiccuped and closed his eyes, tears were furthermore running down his cheeks. "The months without you, I felt so empty and like half of my soul was gone..."

Kyuhyun nodded merely, wasn't able to say something. Sungmin was still loving him and would never leave him.

It took more than 10 minutes for Kyuhyun and Sungmin to calm down. They took seat on the large sofa and while Sungmin snuggled up to Kyuhyun, the latter hold his boyfriend tight in his arms and over his side again and again.

"After I left our apartment in the early morning, I just drove through the city and had no clue where I should go and I ended up in a small hotel outside of Incheon. But after a horrible week without any sleep, I drove back to seoul and asked Hyuk and Donghae if I could hide here..."

"And nobody got suspicious about it...", Kyuhyun murmured and sighed. "But why didn't you want to be found?"

"Because I was scared that you would leave me, because I left you in the middle of the night...", Sungmin said quietly. "He said that you had already called him and would have said that you weren't loving me anymore and that you had made your choice and would have chosen him instead of me..."

Ashamed, Sungmin closed his eyes with a slight pink blush on his cheeks. He felt like a foolish idiot that he had hide from Kyuhyun.

"It's okay... really!", Kyuhyun said with a gentle smile. "I fired him and as long as I can have you back, everything will be fine!"

"I love you Kyu!", Sungmin whispered, lifted his head and met Kyuhyun's lips with his own. Kyuhyun closed his eyes, sighing, and almost melted at the soft feeling of Sungmin's lips on his own, a feeling he had missed so long.

"I love you too, Ming.", Kyuhyun repeated Sungmin's words with a fond smile and felt like the happiest man on earth.

~*~

It was already afternoon and the sun brightened the living room with a warm light. Sighing, Sungmin looked at the photo frames on the end table next to the couch. Pictures of a smiling Kyuhyun and himself at a garden party, at the beach and in one frame they were both wearing black tuxedos and were fondly looking at each other.

A smile crept up Sungmin's face when he remembered that day two years ago. It was the day he had married Kyuhyun, the love of his life. The most beautiful day of his life.

The man looked around the silent living room, stood up from where he was sitting and took the frames one by one.

The frames on the table, the talbe itself and the couch were the only furnitures which were still in the in the otherwise empty apartment and Sungmin felt a little bit lonely, so he pressed the pictures at his chest, sighing.

He loved their apartment and all the memories which he associated with this place, but after all it was time to make some new...

"Sungmin?"

Sungmin looked up and smiled at the man who was standing in the doorframe. "Are you ready?"

Said man nodded and stuffed the photo frames in his bag, walked over to the other man und leaned against him. "It feels so... odd.", he whispered.

Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Sungmin's waist and rested his chin at his husband's shoulder. "Yes... it feels really odd, but I can't wait to carry you over the threshold of our new house."

Sungmin blushed slightly and nodded with a smile. "Yes... a new life part in a new house with my husband..."

"Then let's go!", Kyuhyun grinned cheeky and lifted a marveled Sungmin onto his arms, gave him a short peck on the lips. Sungmin wrapped giggling his arms around his neck and let Kyuhyun carry him out of their old apartment and downstairs to their car.

While Kyuhyun started the engine, Sungmin looked one last time at the building and couldn't stop smiling, before Kyuhyun slowly drove down the street and around the corner, he sighed in relief.

"Goodbye..."

 

~END~