Chapter 8: Press conference Part 1

I'm Surrounded by Idols!

Sora's POV~


You really don’t get time alone the moment you live with Super Junior huh? They really do become over-protective big brothers, and never leave you alone. I mean, I’m not meaning to complain. I quite like the attention, but it gets too much sometimes.

And in a matter of days, it will all change. I looked around my -now former- bedroom, and admired how I managed to put up with all the purple and pinks. This drastic change happened when I was on holiday with JinJu and Eunmi coincidentally. I was alone for once, and I bathed in the silence, shutting my eyes delicately, knowing that it would and could be shattered in only a matter of moments.

I sniffed, looking at the small pile of spare clothes I was leaving in the dorms. I was going to move to a condo that was far too large for my liking, but it was something that could not be adjusted, especially with this new found fame. The pororo calendar on the wall from when I first came here was still on the wall, the photos remained.

I guess I was going to miss all of the noise, and the pets. I might even miss the presence of Ddangkoma, Ddangkoming and Ddangkomaeng on my face when I wake up some mornings, and Choco and Kkoming yapping all the time. I might even miss all of Sungmin’s pets, and maybe even Donghae’s dogs.

Why did I feel that that was such a bad thing?

I was shaken out of my daydream by the loud crash at the door, indicating the presence of my brothers. I felt a smile wash onto my face, thinking about the time I spent with them. I felt reassured to know that they were going to be at the press conference tomorrow. I faced the door, waiting for the knock, Ryeowook inviting me to eat the food bought.

It came, knock, knock. Ryeowook poked his head through the door, “Yes?” I asked, remaining in my seated position.

“Come eat Sora, you must be hungry.” Ryeowook smiled like that good maknae he was.  I slid off my bed, and followed him to the kitchen. “We decided to go for Jajangmyeon, since it brings back good memories for everyone, and is both yours and Sungmin’s favourites.”

I smiled, and put my arm around his waist, giving it a squeeze. “I’m going to miss you all.”

“We’ll miss you too!” Ryeowook pouted, “And if anything ever happens you know who to call, and who to complain to, and who to cry on. It’s me! Ryeowook Oppa!” he cheered, seating me at the table. Offering me a bowl of Jajangmyeon, I ate tiredly, trying my hardest to keep up with the news that was going around the table. Inside, I felt like it was the Last Supper, which made me sigh inwardly.

“Hyukjae Oppa has another crush?” I asked, with half-lidded eyes, this was not news to me. I just wanted to know who it was.

“I bet its Hyoyeon.” Donghae smirked, I rolled my eyes.

“Hyoyeon? Really, Hyukkie hasn’t got the guts with Hyoyeon Unnie.” I scoffed, planning on crossing my arms, but remembering about the food in front of me, waiting to be eaten.

“Hyukkie hasn’t got the balls to ask her if you ask me.” Kyuhyun agreed, taking a pair of chopsticks.

“I don’t have another crush.” Hyukjae pouted, “And no one asked for your opinion maknae.”

“We all did.” Everyone else chorused.

“Can I ask why Donghae Oppa here?” I asked.

“That’s nice,” he frowned. “I’m here to pester Eunhyuk about his crush, but he’s not opening up.”

“I’ll get it out of him soon enough, no need to worry Oppa.” I waved my hand dismissively and watched as Hyukjae gawked.  “So who is it?” I leaned over the table, and batted my eyelashes.

“N-no one, I promise.” He stuttered.

“He means she isn’t famous, which is cute. So… are you planning on letting us meet her any time soon?” I explained to everyone, and turned my attention back to Hyukjae.

“No! I don’t like anyone!” he jumped from his seat in defence. I let out a sigh of relief. I assumed he noticed, because he stomped to his and Jongwoon’s room.

“Question answered. Good night.” I said, washing my bowl and dispersing to brush my teeth. I proceeded to wash my face thoroughly, and sighed at the idea of dressing up into anything the next day. I wiped my face dry, dragging my feet into my –former- bedroom. I shut thy eyes, and fell asleep.

I was awoken abruptly by Sungmin and Kyuhyun, who were saying something about sasaeng fans being outside of the dorms. Oh yes, today was the day I was going to be killed by them. As I was about to walk, I felt my knees cave in. I didn’t realise how much I was shaking. The two took me by the arms carefully, and led me to the bathroom. I thanked them graciously, and dragged my whole body into the shower.

After, I pulled on the pair of skinnies, hoodie and jacket I had planned on wearing to the stylists. It was early morning, but that didn’t stop the sasaeng fans did it? I took Ryeowook’s sunglasses, a beanie and my high tops. I refused to eat anything, the sight of food made my stomach lurch painfully.

“Here goes nothing,” he took me by the hand, and gave it a squeeze.  He too was dressed slouchy on his way to the stylists. The rest of Super Junior were dressed in jeans, and smart-ish outfits, since they weren’t going to see Jae Unnie. I squeezed his hand back, pulling up my hood with my free hand. We were in the elevator when he added, “I want you to stay by my side, as close to me as possible okay? Your safety matters.”

“The rest of Super Junior are here too.” Jung Soo Oppa said firmly. “Safety matters, stick together just in case okay?” he ordered the rest of Super Junior in a leader-like tone. I was slowly coming to ease at the thought of all of my brothers coming with me. I nodded weakly, and felt another hand squeeze mine. It was Donghae.

“Not going to let you go.” Donghae promised, gently kissing the top of my head as if today was my crucifixion day. I couldn’t reply. I hadn’t a voice to. I just waited for Hell’s doors to open.

It opened with a joyful bing, and I immediately felt my body be pressed closer to my brothers, all surrounding me cautiously. The automatic doors that led outside swished open and I could barely hear the door man who wished me good luck. Good luck my .

I felt the cold morning air smack me in the face harshly, and I bent my head low. All I could hear were screams, and “Oppa who is she?!” and all sorts of insults thrown at me.  A touching move my brothers was when Siwon shouted.

For the first time, in my whole stay in Korea, Siwon shouted at the ‘fans’. “KEEP AWAY FROM OUR SISTER.” he hissed harshly, wrapping his arms protectively around Sungmin and Donghae, meaning I was being pressed even closer to their bodies. I let out a quiet whimper of worry, as I blinked rapidly since trying to regulate my breathing was becoming difficult.

“TWO VANS! TWO VANS! GO GO GO!” Leeteuk ordered, sending me and Sungmin into Van No.1. Siwon, Donghae and Dong Hee joined us. The rest disappeared into Van No.2, so the sasaeng fans would split up, to chase ‘their’ Oppa’s. I leant my head on Sungmin’s shoulder, and started the breathing exercises I was taught earlier.

Siwon was saying as many encouraging words as possible, but they entered through one ear and flew out the other. Seriously, I think his words were half-hearted. We all knew I just wanted this stupid press conference out of the way, and I wanted everything to be clear.

“We’re almost at the salon now, careful now, there are more of them.” Sungmin whispered, linking arms with mine. I watched Donghae’s body tense, as he too linked his arm in mine. I bit my lip, and felt the two bring their bodies closer to my sides, sharing warmth. Although thoughts like that were completely wrong in my situation. The driver stopped, and the door was opened hurriedly, DongHee and Siwon pushing away the sasaeng fans as we tried to make way through to the salon.

We were safely inside the salon when I let out a sigh, the windows were tinted black with us only being able to look outside, and I was genuinely horrified by the behaviour of the sasaengs, smacking the windows, and pressing their bodies against the windows for a view inside.

I shut my eyes tightly, as I was ushered over to a secluded area of the salon. The stylist introduced herself as Lee Hee Jin Unnie. She was pretty and very young, her eyes were soft, and she smiled encouragingly, giving me a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows, and cream as a means of ice breaking and a soother.

Hee Jin showed me the two outfits, one consisted of a black crepe dress, short to just lower than my , hung at my curves, not deep V-neck, long sleeved, that were cuffed at the wrist. I scrunched my nose at the idea. The shoes were a pair of strappy open-toed black Louboutins, decorated with a bit of gold near the platform.

My second outfit consisted of a blue kimono dress, it was like a long t-shirt, I would wear it with a belt, it was short sleeves, and mid-thigh length.  The shoes were yet another pair of Louboutins, but the shoes were Mary-Jane’s, and not open toed. Funnily enough, I felt more comfortable with this second outfit.

Hee Jin brought me to yet another room - by sliding a glass door to the right- and she helped me dress into the blue dress. She explained to me that Jae had another client to deal with and so could not do my makeup, so she would do it herself.  Funnily enough, I already trusted Hee Jin since she was so gentle in everything she did. I nodded once, and let her bring me back to the main room. I found walking in these gorgeous Mary Jane’s were easy since I had been doing for so long.  Our heights were not far off anymore due to the heels giving me extra height, and so I stood tall.

I was seated in one of the small, leather seats in front of a mirror. She started off with cleansing my face, and dealing with all the impurities, that I didn’t wash off properly. She applied the makeup gently on to my face, even going to my neck if necessary. I had asked for natural, and so she applied lip gloss, mascara, eyeliner, and some foundation. She gave them all to me to place in a black and white Yves Saint Laurent handbag. She handed me a Chanel bracelet, and the Salvatore Ferragamo necklace my real brother gave to me. She spritzed me with some Nina Ricci perfume, put on some rings – an Australian blue opal and a black diamond’s ring in the shape of a flower-, traded Ryeowook’s sunglasses for a pair of Gucci sunglasses, and handed me a black Fossil watch. The rest of my things were in the handbag already given, and arranged neatly, and to top off my outfit, I was given a Burberry trench coat.

I had never felt so prepared for anything in my life.

With a quick prayer, I was whisked to the conference room.