Part 2

Sunny Side Up

 

“Are you sure about this?” grumbled Chanyeol, as he emerged from his bedroom. “Don’t you think that this is a little too formal?”

 

Luhan wolf-whistled, twirling his index finger in the air, indicating for Chanyeol to spin around so that he could see him from all sides. With a sigh and an exasperated shake of his head, Chanyeol went into the bathroom so that he could see what he looked like in the mirror.

 

The clean-cut style of his classic black tuxedo suited him well. It was sleek. It was suave. And it was most definitely y. He ran his fingers over the smooth material, buttoned-up the jacket and put his hands into the deep pockets on the side.

 

“Not bad,” he chuckled, as he inspected himself. “Not bad at all.”

 

“It’s perfect,” murmured Luhan, as he stepped forward from behind him, and straightened the crooked navy-blue bowtie. “He won’t be able to resist your charms now.”

 

“Thanks,” said Chanyeol gratefully, as his best friend’s boyfriend continued to adjust and re-adjust his outfit. “Really…you’ve been great tonight.”

 

“I know,” cooed Luhan, as he patted Chanyeol’s cheek fondly. “Here to help.”

 

“I’ve got the flow-” bellowed Jongin, joining the pair in the bathroom, his mouth dropping open as he saw his nervous best friend and smug looking boyfriend.

 

“Doesn’t he look dashing?” giggled Luhan, as he wrapped his arms around Jongin and gazed lovingly into his eyes.

 

“Uh-huh,” he replied. “You worked your magic again, my love.”

 

Luhan beamed up at him, pecked his cheek and then headed off to the kitchen to look at the flowers that he’d instructed Jongin to buy.

 

“So…what d’ya really think?” asked Chanyeol timidly.

 

“Mate…you look good,” he answered with a genuine smile. “I mean it.”

 

“Thanks,” replied Chanyeol with an anxious laugh. “I-I guess that I’m just a little nervous.”

 

“It’ll be fine,” Jongin reassured him. “The restaurant that we booked for you is really nice and fancy. I take Luhan there every time he gets mad at me, and he stops being grumpy with me afterwards.”

 

“You are such an idiot,” laughed Chanyeol, as the two friends grinned at each other.

 

“Oh, I know that. Luhan informs me of that fact quite often,” he snickered.

 

KIM JONGIN I SAID TO GET ROSES, NOT GODDAMN TULIPS!” roared Luhan as he stomped into the bathroom, holding the offending bouquet in his hands. “Do you ever listen?!”

 

“They’d run out, so I got those instead,” replied Jongin nervously, as he took a couple of steps to hide behind Chanyeol – Luhan could be pretty fierce when he was pissed.

 

“Who gives a person tulips on a date?!”

 

“It’s fine, Luhan,” interjected Chanyeol, before Luhan could strangle Jongin – the murderous look in his eyes made it seem like a strong possibility. “I’m sure that Baekhyun likes tulips.”

 

“Whatever,” huffed Luhan, as he glared at his apologetic lover. “You should get going – you said that you’d pick Baekhyun up at seven, and it’s six forty-five now.”

 

“Yeah…” he mumbled, as the butterflies in his stomach did somersaults and other gymnastic moves. “Wish me luck.”

 

“You won’t need it,” Luhan said with a reassuring smile. “But call us if you need anything, okay?”

 

“Uh-huh,” he said with an apprehensive smile, as he headed to the front door, picking his keys and the tulips up on the way. “Thanks for helping me, with this. It meant a lot.”

 

“It’s what friends are for,” replied Jongin simply, as he threw him his wallet that he’d almost forgotten. “Have fun…and don’t get him pregnant for God’s sake – save that for the second date!”

 

JONGIN!” scolded Luhan, as he whacked his cheekily grinning boyfriend over the head. “Don’t freak him out.”

 

“Use a ! You don’t want to get an STI,” Jongin added, as Chanyeol shut the door.  

 

The latter blushed furiously, stuck his hands into his pockets and headed to his car. Sliding into the driver’s seat, he checked the time on his silver Rolex.

 

Six fifty.

 

Crap.

 

He was going to be late.

 

 

~

 

 

~ Ding-dong, ding-dong ~

 

 

Chanyeol rang the doorbell, the tight bundle of nerves in his stomach not lessening since the frantic drive over here. His palms were sweaty and his breathing erratic – he wouldn’t be surprised if he went into cardiac arrest, right about now.

 

Okay, Chanyeol. You can do this, he told himself, trying to act normal and not like the nervous wreck that he was. You’ve been waiting for this night for days – so don’t screw up!

 

“Hello Chanyeol,” said a calm-looking Kyungsoo, as he opened the door and beckoned Chanyeol inside. “Would you like something to drink?”

 

“No thanks,” he declined politely, fearing that if he consumed anything, it would just come back out through his mouth.

 

“Okay,” Kyungsoo nodded as he headed to the lounge room, with Chanyeol close on his heels. “Take a seat.”

 

“So wher-”

 

“He’ll be down in a sec,” Kyungsoo interrupted abruptly. “He’s still getting ready.”

 

“Oh…”

 

“But I wanted to talk to you about something,” he added after a few moments. “About Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol’s head shot up and he was stunned by his friend’s piercing gaze. It was unusual for Kyungsoo to be so serious and he hoped that nothing bad was going to happen.

 

What if he’s going to tell me that Baekhyun doesn’t want to go out with me…that he doesn’t like me at all, Chanyeol thought miserably, as his insecurities took hold. I knew that this was too good to be true…that he’d want to go out with me.

 

“Bae…he likes you, Chanyeol,” said Kyungsoo with a soft smile. “And I know that he’ll probably kill me for telling you this – please don’t tell him that I did – but he was thrilled when you finally asked him out to dinner. So yeah…”

 

With a sigh, Kyungsoo recalled the many ‘comfort sessions’ that he’d had with Baekhyun, the latter lamenting that despite another phone call, Chanyeol still hadn’t plucked up the courage to ask him out.

 

When Kyungsoo had suggested that Baekhyun should be the one to ask Chanyeol out, he’s just looked at him like he was crazy and said that as Chanyeol had been the one to ask for his number, it was his duty to do the ‘asking out’.

 

“H-He does?” whispered Chanyeol, feeling a tad light-headed.

 

Kyungsoo smiled, remembering the look that Baekhyun had had on his face during one of Chanyeol’s phone calls during the week, or whenever he had visited the café under the pretence of wanting to see his darling friend Kyungsoo, while secretly trying to sneak-a-peek at Chanyeol.

 

“Uh-huh…so please – and I know that you won’t, but as his best friend it’s my job to tell you this – don’t hurt him,” sighed Kyungsoo. “His last boyfriend was a bit of a douche, and hurt him badly.”

 

“I would never hurt him,” declared Chanyeol with a reassuring look in his eyes. “I would rather hurt myself than him.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded, satisfied by Chanyeol’s words, and looked to the bedroom where Baekhyun’s head was peeking out of the doorframe, staring open-mouthed at an oblivious Chanyeol, who was currently talking about the incident with the flowers.

 

I know that you’ll take care of him, Chanyeol. And I can guarantee that Baekhyun will take care of you too. The two of you are practically perfect for each other.

 

Kyungsoo watched in amusement, as his friend snuck-up behind Chanyeol and tapped him lightly on the shoulder, causing the other male to jump in fright.

 

“Ready to go?” Baekhyun asked, his face reddening as Chanyeol gaped openly at him.

 

“Y-Yeah…thanks, Kyungsoo,” he said as he got up and gave his friend a kind smile. “See you on Monday.”

 

“Will do,” he replied with a wave as he headed into the kitchen. “Have fun, you two.”

 

“Bye,” called out Baekhyun to Kyungsoo’s retreating back, as the pair stared at each other.

 

“We match,” giggled Baekhyun, as he inspected Chanyeol’s tuxedo, which was pretty much exactly like his own.

 

“We both have good taste,” grinned Chanyeol, as he straightened Baekhyun’s emerald bowtie, causing the other male to blush even more.

 

“It seems that we do,” he sighed contentedly, as his eyes roamed over Chanyeol’s form-fitting suit, which accentuated his well-defined shoulders and arms.

 

Likewise, Chanyeol was not-at-all subtly admiring Baekhyun…and his outfit too.

 

Tuxedo plus Baekhyun equals y-as-hell!

 

Although he didn’t approve of the use of make-up, the hint of eyeliner and brush of blush only enhanced Baekhyun’s natural beauty.

 

Dear god…whatever I did in my past live, the universe loves me for it!

 

“Y-You look…stunning,” stammered a tomato-red Chanyeol.

 

“Thanks…you do too,” replied Baekhyun softly, casting his eyes downwards and scuffing the tip of his shoe against the soft carpet. “Shall we go? Our reservation is for seven-thirty.”

 

Chanyeol nodded quickly and s his arm around Baekhyun’s waist – causing the other male to gasp quietly and his cheeks turn pink – before guiding him out the door and down the couple of steps, onto the path.

 

“Your carriage awaits,” chuckled Chanyeol, as they reached his car that was parked in front of Kyungsoo’s house.

 

“Thanks,” giggled Baekhyun as Chanyeol opened the passenger’s door for him, with an extravagant flourish.

 

“Oh! I almost forgot. Here,” Chanyeol blurted out, ing the tulips he was holding in Baekhyun’s face, as the latter sat down. “T-These are for you.”

 

“Oh…they’re beautiful,” he responded, beaming up at Chanyeol with a captivating smile. “Thank you.”

 

Not nearly as beautiful as you.

 

“Y-You’re welcome,” he replied, pleased that he had liked his flowers – even if they weren’t roses.

 

“So, Chanyeol,” began Baekhyun, as he fidgeted in his seat and fiddled with the buttons on his jacket. “T-Tell me about yourself.”

 

“Hmmm, okay…what would you like to know?” replied Chanyeol distractedly while he sat down and put the key in the ignition.

 

“Everything.”

 

 

~

 

 

“I-I had a great time tonight,” murmured Baekhyun quietly, as Chanyeol pulled up in front of Kyungsoo’s house.

 

“Yeah…me too,” said Chanyeol softly, feeling the heat rise to his cheeks.

 

Tonight was perfect…you’re perfect.

 

“Thanks for dinner…you didn’t have to pay for it,” said Baekhyun with smile, as he remembered Chanyeol’s insistence at paying for their rather expensive meal.

 

“It was my pleasure,” he replied with a grin.

 

“So…do you go there often?” the latter asked, feeling a tad jealous at the thought of Chanyeol taking someone else to such a fancy place.

 

“Uhhhh…no,” replied the latter, feeling a tad abashed. “Jongin and Luhan recommended the place.”

 

“Oh…”

 

The car was silent for a moment, as both remembered the luxurious restaurant and the delicious food that they had been served.

 

 

--

 

 

Scarlet floor-length curtains, with shimmering gold ts, hung on the ceiling-to-floor windows. The lavish crystal-glass chandeliers illuminated the room with a warm yellow glow, leaving patrons with a contended feeling.

 

The plush, ivory carpet decorated with twisting ebony lines, played host to elaborately carved red-cedar tables and chairs, with soft-looking cushions matching the curtains.

 

Sophisticated waiters, dressed in tailor-made black suits, weaved in and out of the clusters of richly dressed people, clutching silver trays littered with glasses of champagne and bottles of vintage wine.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol just stared, open-mouthed, at the scene before them, each trying to take-in every miniscule detail, when one of the stylish waiters approached the star-struck couple to take them to their reserved seating.

 

“Name, Sir?”

 

“Uhh…Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Right this way, Mr Park.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol smiled awkwardly at each other, before following the fast moving waiter.

 

This was going to be an interesting dinner. At least the food would be good…hopefully. And the fact that Baekhyun’s here…makes everything better.

 

 

--

 

 

The insanely loud screech of tyres on dry bitumen jolted them both out of their thoughts, as an expensive red sports car filled with teenage ‘joy riders’ hurtled past.

 

“WOOHOOO!!!” screamed an obviously intoxicated male passenger, leaning out of the opened window, before emptying the contents of his stomach onto the road – thankfully nowhere near the pair.

 

“And on that charming note, let me walk you to your door,” said Chanyeol with a wry smile, as he got out of the car to open the door for Baekhyun.

 

“Such a gentlemen,” giggled Baekhyun, as he took the arm that Chanyeol offered him.

 

“I try,” he replied, with a cheeky wink that sent Baekhyun’s heart racing, as the pair leisurely made their way up to the front porch.

 

There was a moment of silence between the pair, as Baekhyun fumbled in his jacket pockets for his house keys, while Chanyeol contemplated on whether or not he should make a move.

 

Should I kiss him? He asked himself as he stared at Baekhyun’s plump, pink lips. Or is it too soon?

 

 

--

 

 

Kyungsoo, in the meantime, was watching this take place from the window in his lounge room that overlooked the front porch. He pulled the moss-green curtain back just a little further to get a better view, and grinned to himself as the blushing pair continued their conversation – it was such a pity that he couldn’t hear what they were saying!

 

Oh well…I’ll get Bae to tell me about it later.

 

With a heavy sigh, Kyungsoo picked up the phone resting on the windowsill and remembering the unfortunate promise that he had made earlier, he quickly dialled Chanyeol’s number.

 

“Are they back yet?” asked Luhan impatiently – Kyungsoo could practically see him tapping his foot, picking up on the first ring.

 

“Yeah…they got back a few minutes ago,” he replied with a roll of his eyes – some people were just so nosy.

 

“What are they doing now?”

 

“Uhhhh…just talking,” Kyungsoo said while taking another peek out of the window, only to see that nothing had really changed in the past five seconds. “They’re on the front porch. And before you ask, no, I cannot hear what they’re saying.”

 

“Could you go ou-”

 

“No. That would be weird.”

 

“Well you’re no fun.”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, and leaned his forehead against the cool glass of the windowpane, as Luhan continued to whine from the other end of the line about how he wished that he could see what Kyungsoo had the privilege of seeing and if Kyungsoo was a true friend he would describe everything in detail so that he could feel like he was there.

 

“You need help, Luhan. Seriously.”

 

 

--

 

 

“Uh, Baekhyun?” began Chanyeol, feeling his heart start to beat erratically and his palms become moist, as he looked down at the expectant male. “W-Would you, you know, like to do this again?”

 

“Go out with you…like on another date?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“I would love to,” Baekhyun replied with a warm smile, which Chanyeol gladly returned. “And Chanyeol?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“W-Well…um…thank you,” stammered Baekhyun, his face turning beet-red as he looked up at his smiling date. “For walking me to my door.”

 

“You’re welcome…I’ll call you later,” said Chanyeol, feeling a twinge of remorse as he took a step away from Baekhyun and turned to go. “Goodnight Baekhyun.”

 

“Oh…O-Ok,” stammered Baekhyun sadly, as he watched Chanyeol’s retreating back. “Goodnight Chanyeol. Sweet dreams.”

 

“You too…sweet dreams.”

 

Baekhyun felt his heart drop and he clutched at the wall for support in remaining upright. His vision blurred and the tell-tale pinpricks signalling the beginning of tears, started harassing him.

 

Why am I feeling this way? I can’t care that much already…can I?

 

Wait! C-Chanyeol…please,” he practically begged, not caring if he sounded pathetic or wretched. “D-Don’t go.”

 

Chanyeol froze at the gate, his hand wavering above the rusted iron latch. Swivelling around on the cracked concrete path, he looked up questioningly at Baekhyun, who only stared at him with a stunned expression – as if he was surprised by his own words.

 

“B-Baekhyun?”

 

“I-I’m sorry…” he said in a choked voice, turning his back on Chanyeol and putting his key in the lock. “N-Never mind.”

 

Grateful – for once – that he had extremely long legs, Chanyeol sprinted back up the path and stopped next to Baekhyun.

 

“Bae?”

 

The latter just shook his head and kept his eyes downcast, refusing to look Chanyeol in the eye. With a small smile, Chanyeol gently put two fingers under Baekhyun’s petite chin and lifted it until their eyes tentatively met.

 

His smile completely dropped when he saw the jewel-drop tear, glistening in the corner of one of Baekhyun’s eyes. Realising that Chanyeol was thinking that he’d done something wrong, Baekhyun offered him a weak smile and a tiny chuckle.

 

“I-I’m fine…really,” he said, trying to convince Chanyeol – but he wasn’t buying any of it.

 

“No you’re not…what’s wrong?”

 

“Well…it’s just, you didn’t even try to kiss me or anything,” wailed Baekhyun dramatically, as he looked up despairingly at a gobsmacked Chanyeol. “Are you even attracted to me at all?”

 

“W-What?!” exclaimed Chanyeol. “O-Of course I’m attracted to you – since the moment I saw you!”

 

“R-Really?” asked Baekhyun with a spark of hope in his eyes.

 

“Yes…you silly goose!” chuckled Chanyeol, as he slid his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and pulled him close, until they were pressed up against each other. “In case you haven’t noticed, I’m crazy about you.”

 

“Yeah?” smiled Baekhyun, as he wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s neck and twined his fingers through his curly locks.

 

“Yeah.”

 

The pair just grinned at each other, before Chanyeol decided to take the initiative and lean down to lightly brush his lips against Baekhyun’s. With a soft sigh, Baekhyun closed his eyes and stood on his tip-toes to press his lips harder against Chanyeol’s, eliciting a quiet groan from him.

 

As their lips moved roughly against each other, fuelled by each other’s passion, Chanyeol’s grip on Baekhyun tightened to the point that the other was at the point of being crushed – not that he minded. Seconds – or it could have been minutes later – they pulled apart to grab a couple of gasps of much-needed air.

 

“Bae?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“I finally kissed you.”

 

“Yeah…it was worth the wait.”

 

With a loud chuckle, Chanyeol wrapped his arms around a grinning Baekhyun and joined their lips once more.

 

Yep…definitely worth the wait.

 

 

--

 

 

“OH MY GOD LUHAN!!!” shrieked Kyungsoo, finally deciding to check what was happening on his front porch – the sight leaving him stunned. “THEY’RE KISSING!!!”

 

WHAT?!” screeched Luhan, nearly sending Kyungsoo prematurely deaf. “OH MY GOD YOU HAVE TO FILM IT!”

 

“Uhhhh…No. That would be rather creepy,” said Kyungsoo, quickly sobering up.

 

“BUT THEN I CAN SEE IT!”

 

“Yeah…still no.”

 

“But that’s not fair! You got to see their first kiss,” lamented Luhan melodramatically. “I can only hear about it when Chanyeol gets back.”

 

“You have a tough life,” mocked Kyungsoo as he continued watching his two friends make-out on his front porch – which wasn’t weird at all. “It must be so hard for you. How ever do you cope?”

 

“ you,” grumbled Luhan. “Now film it.”

 

“No.”

 

Kyungsoo grinned devilishly, and held the phone away from his ear, as Luhan hurled various curses and other obscenities his way. After a while, there was a scrabbling sound from the other end, followed by a moment of peace.

 

“Kyungsoo?” came a hesitant voice from the other end.

 

“Jongin?”

 

“Yeah…why is my darling boyfriend running around the apartment screaming his head off?” chuckled Jongin, amused at his lover’s antics. “I’ve just gotten back from picking up our dinner, and this is what I am greeted with…”

 

“Yeah…he’s mad at me. I won’t film Chanyeol and Baekhyun macking on my front porch so that he can watch it later,” sighed Kyungsoo, still watching them on the front porch.

 

“He asked you to do that?” snickered Jongin.

 

“Yep.”

 

“Seems about ri-…wait! They’re what?!” shouted Jongin, finally realising what was happening.

 

“Macking on my front porch,” Kyungsoo replied simply.

 

“Well I never…that’s bloody brilliant!” he exclaimed, extremely pleased for his friend.

 

“Agreed…to be honest, I didn’t think that Chanyeol had it in him.”

 

“Oh, he’s full of surprises, that one,” said Jongin knowingly.

 

“Yeah…I think that we can safely assume that the date when well,” Kyungsoo said with a grin – not that the other could see it.

 

“Uh-huh. The ‘BaekYeol’ couple is a go,” laughed Jongin, using the ‘couple name’ that Luhan had come up with earlier in the week.

 

“Yep. The ‘BaekYeol’ couple is officially a go.”

 

 

~

 

 

Chanyeol’s arm tightened around his lover’s slim waist, relishing in another Sunday sleep-in. Cracking one unwilling eyelid open, he smiled to see his precious Baekhyun curled up against him, still blissfully sleeping.

 

His smile grew even larger and he opened his other eye, as Baekhyun unconsciously drew himself even closer to him, using the arm that was currently draped across Chanyeol’s chest to propel himself further into his warm embrace, while at the same time, entangling their bare legs under the sheets.

 

“Good morning, Bae,” Chanyeol whispered with a dreamy smile, as he gently ran his fingers up and down his beloved’s back, loving the way his skin felt so smooth and supple under his fingertips.

 

How are you this soft? I use the same soap…and my skin isn’t like this!

 

Chuckling softly, as Baekhyun quietly whimpered and buried his face further into the crook of his neck, Chanyeol removed his arm from beneath his head and began to play with his boyfriend’s hair, twisting and twining the glossy locks between his fingers.

 

“Mmmph,” grunted Baekhyun, blowing hot air against Chanyeol’s exposed skin, causing him to shiver.

 

“Is that any way to greet me on a wonderful Sunday morning?” he teased, pressing a light kiss against Baekhyun’s forehead.

 

Ignoring him for the desire of more sleep, Baekhyun just nuzzled Chanyeol’s neck and gave a contented sigh, the arm slung across his chest tightening slightly. Never one to be deterred, Chanyeol grinned and started to shower Baekhyun’s face with tender kisses.

 

With a grumble, Baekhyun simply rolled over to escape the gentle caress of his lover’s lips, grinning – though his eyes were still glued shut – when he heard the childish whine escape from Chanyeol’s mouth.

 

“More…sleep,” he mumbled, as his oh-so-persistent boyfriend moved on to brushing his lips softly against his shoulders, still trying to get him to wake up. “La…ter.”

 

“But you promised me breakfast, and I’m hungry,” Chanyeol mumbled, his stomach growling to prove his point. “Do you want me to starve?”

 

Supressing a groan of annoyance, Baekhyun rolled back over to be met with a petulant Chanyeol, gazing at him with his sorrowful ‘kicked-puppy’ eyes – which were famous for getting Baekhyun to give in to him easily.

 

“Fine…I’m getting up,” he sighed as he hauled himself into something that resembled a sitting position, smiling as his boyfriend beamed at him.

 

“Where’s my good morning kiss?” pouted Chanyeol, sitting up and watching as Baekhyun crawled out of bed and searched for a pair of his briefs on the floor. “I didn’t get one…”

 

Rolling his eyes at his lover’s adorable – but still childish – behaviour, Baekhyun gave up on looking for his underwear and sat next to Chanyeol on the bed.

 

“Good morning, Chanyeol,” he whispered, closing his eyes, as he entwined his skinny arms around Chanyeol’s neck and pulled his head down for a kiss. “I love you…”

 

I will never get tired of hearing you say that…

 

“I’m pretty sure that I love you more,” mumbled Chanyeol, before he closed the remaining inches between them and claimed Baekhyun’s soft lips with his own.

 

And I will never get tired of kissing you…

 

Breaking their contact after a mere few seconds, Baekhyun waved a mocking finger in his sweetheart’s face, as Chanyeol leaned forward to capture his lips once more, with the hope of turning a simple kiss into something more…steamy.

 

“Not now, you wanted breakfast, remember?” chuckled Baekhyun, as his lover shot him a disappointed look. “And I’m going to be a good boyfie and go and cook it.”

 

“Okay,” sighed Chanyeol with a regretful smile. “I’ll go and shower then…you could join me, you know? And we could eat later.”

 

“Nah-uh,” giggled Baekhyun, as he got up and turned to walk out of their bedroom – noticing his beloved’s hawk-like gaze watching his every move. “I don’t want you to starvehey! Stop looking at my !”

 

“I happen to like your ,” said Chanyeol with a wicked grin, still not taking his eyes of his lover’s figure. “Yes…it’s a very nice .”

 

Creep!”

 

“You love me for it.”

 

“I most definitely do.”

 

And with that, Baekhyun left the bedroom – making sure to tease Chanyeol by swaying his hips as he sauntered away– and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast.

 

This ought to be interesting…I’m the chef, not Bae!

 

 

--

 

 

About ten minutes later, Chanyeol emerged out of the shower to the blaring noise of the smoke alarm going crazy. Hurriedly wrapping a towel around his waist, he bolted to the kitchen, not caring about the fact that he was still sopping wet, because he was only concerned about one person.

 

Bae…please, be okay.

 

However, the sight of Baekhyun, wearing only his white apron, tied loosely around his slender hips, and his chef’s toque (hat), perched precariously on the top of his head, frantically waving a yellow tea-towel underneath the smoke alarm stopped Chanyeol in his tracks.

 

I don’t know whether to laugh…or be extremely !

 

“Stupid…friggin’…thing,” snarled Baekhyun, flinging the tea towel onto the floor, as the deafening noise finally stopped. “I didn’t even burn the toast that much!”

 

“I beg to differ,” laughed Chanyeol, noticing the blackened squares still sitting in the toaster, which resembled charcoal more than bread. “Honey…I’m not eating that.”

 

“What’s wrong with it?!” huffed an indignant Baekhyun, crossing his arms across his chest.

 

“I wouldn’t even feed that to a dog…”

 

“It’s nice to know that you appreciate my efforts,” retorted Baekhyun, failing to keep the hurt out of his quivering voice.

 

“Bae…” sighed Chanyeol, taking a sniffling Baekhyun into his arms and tenderly kissing his forehead. “I do appreciate your efforts…but I’m starting to remember why we agreed that I would do the cooking.”

 

“The b-bacon and the eggs should turn out okay though,” Baekhyun mumbled quietly against Chanyeol’s chest, listening to the steady beating of his heart and allowing it to calm him. “Don’t you think?”

 

“I’m sure that they’ll be delicious,” said Chanyeol comfortingly, rubbing soothing circles against his beloved’s back. “And Bae?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Did I mention that you look incredibly y in my apron and toque?” he whispered seductively into Baekhyun’s ear.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah…really.”

 

Baekhyun looked up at Chanyeol with a smile and was surprised by the passion and desire that he saw glittering in his boyfriend’s eyes. He gasped, as he felt a pair of strong and powerful arms crush him against Chanyeol’s chest, and then moaned wantonly as Chanyeol’s lips began to ravish his own.

 

Giggling as Chanyeol hoisted him up onto the kitchen bench, Baekhyun took the opportunity to wrap his legs around Chanyeol and pull him closer, delighting in the lack of space between them. Tangling his fingers into his lover’s unruly hair, Baekhyun held him in position as he parted his lips and allowed Chanyeol to delve inside.

 

 

~ BRRIIINNNGGGG ~

 

 

Jolting apart in shock, Baekhyun immediately regretted setting the oven timer to let him know when to put the eggs in the frypan, while Chanyeol lamented the fact that he was always being interrupted.

 

“I’d better do the eggs,” sighed Baekhyun, as he hopped down of the countertop. “And I’m not talking about you.”

 

Damn! You got my hopes up for a second,” grinned Chanyeol, as he handed Baekhyun the egg rings and a bowl to crack the eggs into. “Such a shame.”

 

Baekhyun grinned as he cracked an egg and tipped it into the hot frypan. When he had finished, he turned around and saw Chanyeol looking thoughtfully at the calendar stuck to their fridge.

 

“Whatcha thinking?” he asked, as he stood next to him and leaned his head against his shoulder.

 

“Did you know that on this day, exactly one year ago, we met for the first time?” said Chanyeol softly, as he turned to gaze at him lovingly.

 

Baekhyun was silent for a moment; surprised that Chanyeol had actually remembered the day that they had met.

 

I thought that I was the only one who cared about stuff like that…even Luhan doesn’t remember the date of when he first met Jongin!

 

“Y-Yeah…I didn’t think that you would remember.”

 

“How could I forget? It was the day that I met my soulmate,” he said with a smile, as he cupped Baekhyun’s face and lightly brushed their lips together. “The day that I fell in love…for the first time.”

 

“Oh Chanyeol,” whispered Baekhyun, with tears prickling in his eyes. “How on earth did I get so lucky and end up with you?”

 

“Well…you have your eggs the same way as me,” he joked, as he gently tapped Baekhyun on the nose. “I think that that’s the reason.”

 

Obviously that’s the case,” he replied with a grin. “The fact that I like my eggs sunny side up is why you fell in love with me.”

 

“Yep. That and your cute .”

 

ert.”

 

“Don’t deny that you love it!”

 

“That I do,” said Baekhyun threw his head back and laughed.

 

With a grin, Chanyeol leaned down and captured his beloved’s lips in a heartfelt kiss, wrapping his arms tightly around Baekhyun’s torso, securing him in his warm embrace.

 

Everything is perfect…everything is sunny side up!

 


 

Hey, hey! here's part 2...I hoped that you guys liked this fic - I had fun writing it ^^

And thanks for subbing and showering me with you lovely comments - I really appreciate it, it makes my day. Literally ^^

Comment and lemme know what you thought!!!

Love Minspro <3

oxox