Part 1

Sunny Side Up

 

It was just supposed to be another typical day at the small, tucked-away Distractions Café…except that it wasn’t. With their only waiter at the moment, Do Kyungsoo, calling in ‘sick’ earlier this morning, and their manager, Taeyeon, on maternity leave, the café was short on staff. Much to Chanyeol’s utter delight.

 

“May I take your order, Madam?” he said in his – often surprising – deep voice as he stopped at table number four.

 

The elderly woman and her young grandson – presumably – looked up at him, startled by the sudden intrusion on their no doubt interesting conversation.

 

Their eyes widened simultaneously as they took in the mop of messy, golden-brown hair, sprouting in unruly waves from the top of his head and coffee-coloured eyes that were gazing back at them, feigning interest but hiding his impatience.

 

What a handsome-looking boy, thought the old woman. Perhaps if I took Tiffany here…

 

And then Chanyeol smiled.

 

Uhhhh…perhaps not, she thought with a weak smile. Good heavens ~ that smile!

 

“Uh…One serve of eggs benedict on toast, with a chai tea,” she began as her grandson whispered not-so-quietly in her ear what he wanted for breakfast. “…And choc-chip pancakes with a hot chocolate, please.”

 

Chanyeol nodded, as he quickly scribbled their order onto the small notepad that he’d been given at the start of this unfortunate shift, before tucking it snugly into the front pocket of the black apron that was tied loosely around his waist.

 

“Is that all?” He asked politely, silently praying that they didn’t want anything else, so that he could escape to the small kitchen out the back quicker.

 

Thankfully, the woman nodded and then turned back to scolding her grandson for having his elbows resting on the table. With a sigh, Chanyeol stopped at another table – its occupants just nodding that they were fine after being practically paralysed by his smile.

 

“What did you do to the old woman at table four?” asked Chanyeol’s best friend, Kim Jongin, while watching the woman fan herself, as Chanyeol gave the order to the chef in the kitchen. “She looks as if you’ve scared the living daylights out of her!”

 

“All I did was smile…” mumbled Chanyeol with a shrug of his shoulders, as his extremely supportive friend burst into fits of laughter.

 

“Oh sweet Jesus…please tell me that it wasn’t your creepy pedo smile?” Jongin guffawed, as he facepalmed while mentally picturing the described smile.

 

“I don’t have a ‘creepy pedo smile’…I just have my normal smile!” retorted Chanyeol defensively as he leaned against the countertop.

 

“Ah…so it was the creepy pedo smile then,” Jongin chuckled, as he patted his friend on the back, before heading off to fulfil his job as the café’s barista, and make the beverages. “This is why we normally keep you in the kitchen…away from the customers!”

 

“I’m good at customer service!” scowled Chanyeol as he crossed his arms in front of his chest childishly, while glaring daggers at his friend’s back. “I got ‘Employee of the Month’ last May!”

 

“That you are,” said Jongin with a mockingly condescending smile as they both watched the milk become frothy. “You are good at scaring away the customers…which we need someone to do every now and then.”

 

Jongin turned around to hand his ridiculously tall friend the now-made drinks, but was met with a sad, ‘kicked puppy’ look on Chanyeol’s face…and felt a stab of guilt knowing that his friend had taken his teasing to heart.

 

Oh crap…Damn my sudden bouts of insensitivity!

 

“Is my smile really that bad?” Chanyeol questioned sorrowfully, as he scuffed his shoe on the ground, not making eye contact with Jongin. “Do I honestly scare people away?”

 

“Mate…I was only messing with you,” said Jongin as he lightly punched him in the shoulder. “Your smile is fine. I think that, sometimes, people can be overwhelmed by your…enthusiasm, though. And besides, those that you scare away are never worth your time in the first place.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and perked up immediately at his friend’s reassuring words, his face breaking into an ear-to-ear smile – one that wasn’t creepy!

 

And the ‘Happy Virus’ is back, thought Jongin with a fond smile at Chanyeol’s quick change-in-mood. Not that it’s ever really gone anyway!

 

“Oi! Yeollie! Finished with Table Number four’s order,” called out Suho from the kitchen, as he placed the plates onto the countertop in between the kitchen and the dining area. “Hurry up before it gets cold!”  

 

Chanyeol quickly scurried over and grabbed the plates, piled high with scrumptious food, before rushing over to table number four, causing Jongin to snicker when he nearly stumbled over his own two feet.

 

Glowering at his best friend, Chanyeol gently placed the plates in front of the eagerly waiting customers before smiling – while trying not to be too much of a creeper – and heading back to join Jongin and chat before the ‘breakfast rush’ which usually starts in about half an hour.

 

 

 ~ Ding-a-ling-ling ~

 

 

Chimed the bell hanging on the door, loudly indicating that another person had entered the café. Quickly whipping his head around, Chanyeol came face-to-face with his latest customer. And for the first time that entire morning, he was glad that he was playing the waiter.

 

A young man, who didn’t look much older than twenty, dressed in typical work attire – long black trousers, white button-up shirt, shiny, black leather shoes, and a black coat thrown over one arm – leisurely strolled over to one of the vacant tables near the window, overlooking the quiet street. With a slow yawn, he took a seat and picked up the menu lying abandoned next to the salt and pepper shakers.

 

Chanyeol blatantly stared, open mouthed, as this stranger ran his fingers through his lustrous, mahogany brown hair, mussing it so that bits and pieces stuck up at the back, all the while scanning his eyes through the menu.

Upon realising that he really would’ve looked just like a creeper by staring at this customer for more than an appropriate length of time, Chanyeol grabbed the dishcloth that was hanging from his apron and pretended to be busy wiping-down tables…which were oh-so-conveniently located close to this gorgeous stranger’s table.

 

While distractedly wiping at the already-clean table, Chanyeol tried to subtlety ‘check out’ the café’s latest patron. It wasn’t in the slightest way subtle. Jongin tried to stifle his laughter as he watched his friend gawk at some random.

 

He is such an awkward turtle, he thought with a fond smile, as Chanyeol bumped into the side of the table and nearly fell over. Such an awkward turtle!

 

After a couple of moments, Chanyeol began to furiously scrub at one of the tables taking his frustration out on the poor, inanimate object.

 

He’s probably not even gay, he thought sadly. And even if he is…he’s kinda out of my league.

 

“Uhhhh…Excuse me?” came a soft, hesitant voice from in front of him.

 

Chanyeol lifted his gaze from the gleaming, white table to see the boy that he was currently obsessing over, smiling nervously at him from his table. He stiffened visibly, before tucking the cloth back into his apron and hurrying over the young man.

 

“Y-Yes?” stammered Chanyeol, stunned that he was speaking to him.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he got a ‘closer look’ at this extremely attractive member of the male species. His breathing quickened and his pulse rate sped up as he took in every miniscule detail that made up this man.

 

Two almond-shaped, cocoa-coloured eyes beamed up at him. His face alone was beautiful, much less the features adorning it. Skin as smooth and flawless as an infant’s – and probably as soft – was decorated with a pair of blush-coloured lips, which were curved in a smile.

 

His eyebrows were pencil-thin dark lines, almost hidden by tufts of his windswept fringe. Delicately curved lashes framed his eyes and gently rested on his cheeks. His ears cheekily poked through his hair, and Chanyeol noticed that he had no piercings.

 

“Ummm…can I please have a tall, black coffee and, um, the bacon and eggs breakfast?” he asked, as he scanned through the breakfast menu one last time.

 

Chanyeol’s eyes darted to his lips as he spoke, watching in awe as the plump lips moved according to the words being spoken; before shifting his eyes downward to see his Adam’s apple bob up and down.

 

Jongin’s right! I am such a creeper, Chanyeol realised with a grimace, as his eyes kept moving downward before they stopped abruptly. I should probably stop…I think that I might be creeping him out.

 

“S-Sure,” mumbled Chanyeol, as he pulled out his notebook and wrote down the order. “How would you like your eggs?”

 

“How can I have them?” the man asked, his eyebrows knotting together as he looked up at Chanyeol.

 

“Well. You can have them poached, fried or scrambled.”

 

“Ummm…” he started, with pursed lips. “Can I have them fried…sunny side up?”

 

Chanyeol’s hand froze, pencil poised above the wrinkled paper. He raised his eyes slowly, to meet those of the surprised stranger’s.

  

“W-What did you say?” Chanyeol stuttered, feeling his mouth become as dry and scratchy as sandpaper and his heart start to pound ferociously.

 

“Umm…fried and sunny side up?” replied the man with a confused look marring his face.

 

“S-Sunny side up?” muttered Chanyeol, more to himself than the man seated before him. “Nobody ever orders their eggs sunny side up.”

 

“If it’s a problem…”

 

“No!” Chanyeol practically shouted, startling the stranger to the point where he jumped in his seat. “It’s just…you’re the only other person that I’ve ever met who likes their eggs done sunny side up.”

 

Really?” said the man with a surprised grin. “That’s how I’ve always had my eggs…it’s the best way.”

 

“I completely agree!” replied Chanyeol enthusiastically, his face splitting into an enormous smile revealing all of his pearly whites. “I don’t like them any other way!”

 

For a second, the pair just smiled warmly at each other, and Chanyeol’s stomach did little flips – as did his heart – as he processed this new bit of information that he had acquired.

 

He likes his eggs the same way I do, Chanyeol thought, while he fanboy-ed in his head – which the other didn’t pick up on, thankfully. I wonder if it’s a sign

 

“Oh, right. Your order,” Chanyeol blurted out, suddenly realising that he wasn’t doing his job. “I should probably go, so that I can get you your food…”

 

“I don’t mind waiting,” replied the young man, with a twinkle glittering in his eye and sly grin on his face. “I’m not in a rush.”

 

“Oh,” Chanyeol mumbled, internally screaming at himself as he could feel his face start to heat up.

 

Please face, don’t start blushing now!

 

“Hmm?” was his reply, followed by a cheeky grin.

 

“I-I need to know your name,” Chanyeol stuttered, feeling embarrassed as he blushed in front of this boy. “F-For the order card.”

 

Chanyeol closed his eyes in mortification, as the other raised his eyebrow in amusement as him – obviously not believing the lie that Chanyeol had just told.

 

Please, just excuse me, while I find a hole to curl up and die in, thought Chanyeol, feeling utterly humiliated. Why did I say that? Bloody hell…he must think that I’m such a creeper now!

 

“It’s Baekhyun.”

 

“Huh?” grunted Chanyeol, as he re-opened his eyes, to find two pools of melted chocolate gazing at him warmly.

 

“My name,” he repeated with a smile. “It’s Baekhyun.”

 

“O-Oh…that’s a n-nice name,” replied Chanyeol nervously, before being rewarded with a genuine smile from Baekhyun.

 

“Thanks,” he replied. “Chanyeol’s a nice name too.”

 

“Huh? H-How’d you know my name?” Chanyeol inquired, feeling delightedly surprised that he knew his name.

 

“Uh…that’s your name, right? On your nametag?”

 

Chanyeol groaned inwardly as he realised his thickheadedness.

 

I’m wearing a nametag, he thought, as he mentally facepalmed. How could I forget that I had one? Of course that’s how he knew my name.

 

“Yeah…it’s Chanyeol,” he eventually said, before giving an amused Baekhyun a small smile, and escaping to the kitchen.

 

“Bloody hell,” Chanyeol mumbled as he leaned his back against the wall, sliding down until he was sitting on the tiled floor, knees drawn up to his chest.

 

“I know what you mean,” Jongin said with an amused glint in his eye, as he sauntered into the kitchen. “You looked so awkward. Wait, are you…blushing?”

 

“Probs,” he grumbled as he wrapped his arms around his legs.

 

“Holy Jesus…you’ve got it bad!” Jongin exclaimed as he peered down at his friend. “So…d’ya know his name?”

 

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol mumbled with a dreamy expression on his face.

 

“Really?” asked Jongin with a thoughtful look upon his face. “If he’s bacon then you must be…chanyoelk! You’re the eggs!”

 

Chanyeol looked up and stared at Jongin, processing the meaning of what he’d just heard.

 

It’s obviously a sign! He internally fanboy-ed. We’re meant to be!

 

“Oi! Chanyeol! Are you going to give that order anytime soon?” bellowed Suho from the other side of the kitchen. “We don’t want to keep the customers waiting!”

 

“Especially this one,” teased Jongin as Chanyeol flushed and looked away.

 

Chanyeol rose from his spot on the floor, dusted himself off before heading over to the large stovetop in the kitchen.

 

“Um…what are you doing?” questioned a very confused Jongin, as he watched as Chanyeol proceeded to put a frypan on the stove and turn the heat up.

 

“I’m making Baekhyun’s breakfast,” Chanyeol replied simply, not taking his attention off the pan.

 

“Uhhhh…why?”

 

“Because I want to. Can you cover for me?”

 

Jongin poked his head out of the kitchen, seeing that there weren’t many customers at the moment – and he didn’t want to disappoint his friend – he nodded.

 

“Fine. But you owe me,” he muttered as he headed back out into the restaurant. “Don’t make a mess.”

 

“I won’t!” Chanyeol shouted cheerfully to his retreating back. “I promise!”

 

With a roll of his eyes, Jongin sighed and collapsed into a nearby chair. Yawning – how could he be tired already? – he rubbed his tired eyes and settled into the chair, hoping for some ‘relaxation time’ before the breakfast rush.

 

“Sleeping on the job? That’s not like you at all, babe,” snickered Jongin’s boyfriend, Luhan, as he came into the café and saw him practically dozing.

 

“Hey,” smiled Jongin, as he slid his arm around his beloved’s waist and pulled him down for a kiss. “You’re late.”

 

“Sorry,” mumbled Luhan against Jongin’s mouth. “I overslept.”

 

“Did I wear you out last night?” Jongin taunted, before whining as Luhan pulled away with a frown.

 

“Honey, I’ve got a lot of stamina,” huffed Luhan with an adorable pout, causing Jongin to wrap his arms around him again and kiss him breathless.

 

“I know you do,” chuckled Jongin throatily into Luhan’s ear, causing the older male to shiver from the y vibrations. “Believe me, I know.”

 

“Yah! Stop canoodling, you two,” said Suho, as he came out from the kitchen and wiped his sweaty face on a tea towel. “We have customers to serve, Jongin.”

 

“Where’s Chanyeol?” asked Luhan as he smiled at Suho, finally realising that his friend was missing. “Isn’t he the waiter since Kyungsoo’s sick?”

 

“Yeah…he’s in the kitchen cooking for the love of his life,” said Jongin dismissively as he started to press light, butterfly kisses against the exposed skin at the nape of Luhan’s neck.

 

“Wai-What?!” shrieked Luhan, resulting in a few curious stares from onlookers – including Baekhyun – as he pulled away from Jongin.

 

He turned to face his disappointed lover and glared at him, annoyed that Jongin had neglected to tell him of this news.

 

“See that guy over there?” said Jongin pointing, as both Luhan and Suho blatantly stared in an oblivious Baekhyun’s direction. “Yeah…Chanyeol’s crushing on him.”

 

“Since when?” hissed Luhan. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner!”

 

“Because it only happened about ten minutes ago,” replied Jongin defensively. “Bloody hell – you’re such a gossip.”

 

“Well I’m going back,” said Suho, finally dragging his eyes off Chanyeol’s newfound love interest. “I’ll make sure that he doesn’t make a mess in there; I hate cleaning up after him.”

 

They all groaned as they remembered cleaning up the enormous mess that Chanyeol managed to make after cooking something. Somehow – and nobody knew how – he managed to use every single pot and pan, which wasn’t at all helpful for those who had to clean up – seeing as how whomever did the cooking, shouldn’t have to clean too.

 

“Yes, please do,” muttered Jongin, who, as Chanyeol’s ex-roommate, had copped the brunt of the washing and wiping.

 

“Well he doesn’t look like a or a e – or a serial killer – which is always a bonus,” stated Luhan, still staring at Baekhyun – the latter currently talking to someone on his phone. “I think that he and Chanyeol would make an adorable couple.”

 

“Gee, love,” chuckled Jongin, as he watched his ‘better half’ continue to inspect Baekhyun. “I’m glad that they have your approval.”

 

“Damn straight…or gay,” giggled Luhan as he sat on Jongin’s lap and snuggled into his arms. “Hey Jongin, guess what?”

 

“Mmmm?”

 

“I love you.”

 

“Not as much as I love you,” he replied before claiming Luhan’s lips with his own.

 

“Uhhhh, excuse me?” said an embarrassed, unknown voice.

 

Jongin – sadly – wrenched his lips from Luhan’s and glared up at the person who had interrupted his mid-morning make-out session. His eyes widened in shock as he realised who was standing in front of him.

 

“Y-Yes?” stammered Jongin, as Luhan just stared, speechless, at Baekhyun. “Can I help you?”

 

“Look, I’m very sorry,” he began, and Jongin felt his heart sink with dread.

 

This doesn’t sound too good…

 

“An emergency’s come up at home…and I have to leave immediately,” continued Baekhyun, running his hand through his hair in frustration. “I could pay you fo-”

 

“No!” interrupted Jongin. “I-It’s fine…I guess that we’ll see you again next time.”

 

“Thanks,” said Baekhyun, before spinning on his heel and quickly exiting the café.

 

“Oh no,” mumbled Luhan, and he closed his eyes and leaned his head against Jongin’s shoulder. “Poor Chanyeol.”

 

“My sentiments exactly,” sighed Jongin as they both stared at the door. “He’ll be crushed.”

 

As if to make matters worse, Chanyeol chose that particular moment to make his appearance, while carrying Baekhyun’s would-be breakfast as if it was a culinary masterpiece into the restaurant area.

 

His smile dwindled into nothingness as his eyes roamed the area, trying to locate Baekhyun. After a couple of moments, his gaze came to rest upon an apprehensive-looking Luhan and Jongin.

 

“W-Where’d he go?” asked Chanyeol in a small voice, looking as if someone had stolen his sunshine.

 

“Uhhhh,” started Jongin nervously, looking pleadingly at Luhan.

 

The latter shook his head, indicating that he wouldn’t be the one to break the unfortunate news to Chanyeol. Jongin gulped and then lifted his eyes to meet with Chanyeol’s fearful ones.

 

“He…had to leave,” he said softly, wincing as he saw his friend’s face fall. “An emergency came up. Mate…I’m truly sorry.”

 

“T-That’s ok,” whispered Chanyeol dejectedly, as he placed the plate piled high with food onto a table close by. “It’s not as if I meant anything to him…”

 

Jongin and Luhan felt an ocean’s worth of sympathy for Chanyeol, as they watched him slowly shuffle back to the kitchen. Luhan sighed and nuzzled the side of Jongin’s neck.

 

“I wish that we could help him,” he murmured into Jongin’s hair. “You know…I could set him up with Kri-

 

“Over my dead body will you set him up with that -faced snob,” growled Jongin, remembering his last encounter with the arrogant male. “I hate Kris.”

 

“He’s not that bad,” retorted Luhan, standing up for his friend. “He only acts that way because his parents and friends expect him too. He’s really nice once you get to know him.”

 

“Just because he’s rich doesn’t mean that he can get away with acting like a total prat,” he responded. “We are not setting him up with Chanyeol and that’s final.”

 

“According to who?”

 

“According to me,” smirked Jongin. “And seeing as I am the man in this relationship, what I say goes.”

 

WHY YOU LI-

 

“Uhhhh, guys?” interrupted Suho, as he came out of the kitchen, while throwing the occasional look over his shoulder. “Chanyeol’s sitting in the corner looking like someone died…and he keeps muttering about ‘scaring bacon’. What happened?”

 

“Oh ,” muttered Jongin, shoving Luhan off his lap, leaping out of his seat and bolting to the kitchen, only to be met with a teary-eyed Chanyeol sitting in a pathetic heap on the floor. “Double .”

 

 

~

 

 

“Morning,” yawned Kyungsoo, as he walked into the café.

 

Surprised, Jongin turned around from where he was making an espresso, to see Kyungsoo tying his apron snugly around his waist, before neatly tucking the small notebook into his back pocket, and stuffing a dishcloth into his apron.

 

“Welcome back,” greeted Jongin with a smile, as he fondly patted his friend’s back. “How was your week off?”

 

“Well…considering that I was throwing up for most of it,” Kyungsoo began with a grimace. “Not too good. How were things here?”

 

“Uhhhh…wel-”

 

“Where’s Chanyeol?” interrupted Kyungsoo with a frown, as he scanned the café for his friend. “He should be here by now.”

 

“Oh he’s here…he’s in the kitchen,” answered Jongin with a heavy sigh.

 

Sensing that something wasn’t quite right, Kyungsoo took a couple of steps and poked his head into the kitchen. The sight he was met with shocked him.

 

“Ch-Chanyeol?”

 

“Oh…hey Kyungsoo,” said Chanyeol, looking up from his slumped position against the wall. “It’s nice to have you back.”

 

Kyungsoo stared, open-mouthed, as his friend gave him a weak smile before going back to staring aimlessly at the floor. Taking a couple of hesitant steps backwards, he accidently collided with Jongin, who grabbed his arm and dragged him away.

 

“I-I don’t…I mean…what happened?” stuttered Kyungsoo, as he and Jongin sat down at one of the many empty tables. “I’ve never seen him like this.”

 

“He’s been like this for a week…a whole week,” muttered Jongin as he rubbed his exhausted eyes.

 

“I-I stil-”

 

“Some guy came in last week, and while Chanyeol was taking his order he managed to fall head-over-heels for him,” explained Jongin bluntly.

 

“That doesn-”

 

“Chanyeol went to make this guy’s order himself, but when he came back, the guy had gone – something about an emergency – and he’s been heartbroken ever since,” continued Jongin, feeling the stirrings of pity for his friend in his chest. “He thinks that he scared this guy away.”

 

Why would he think that?”

 

“Well…I may have made a comment earlier about him scaring away customers,” mumbled Jongin guiltily.

 

“You didn’t?!” gasped Kyungsoo, stunned that Jongin would be so insensitive.

 

“Uh-huh,” he nodded shamefully. “It was only a joke, though. I didn’t mean for him to take it to heart.”

 

“Oh, Jongin,” groaned Kyungsoo. “You know that he takes everything to heart!”

 

 

~ Ding-a-ling-ling ~

 

 

Both males looked up to see the newcomer remove his coat and place it over a window-side chair. Kyungsoo smiled and opened his mouth to introduce his friend to Jongin, however he was taken aback by the latter’s expression.

 

Holy ,” hissed Jongin quietly, still staring as the young man sat down and picked up the menu. “It’s him.”

 

“Who?” inquired Kyungsoo, his eyes darting between Jongin and Baekhyun.

 

“The guy that I was telling you about – Chanyeol’s latest obsession? Ringing any bells?”

 

“Who? Baekhyun?”

 

Jongin froze and whipped his head sideways to scrutinise a high-strung Kyungsoo.

 

“You know him?”

 

“Yeah…we were best friends in uni,” nodded Kyungsoo as Jongin’s eyes widened.

 

“Is he gay by any chance?” he asked with an eager gleam in his eye.

 

What?! Look, if you and Luhan are having issues I don’t think that cheating is the best way to deal with things,” said Kyungsoo in his disapproving ‘counsellor’ voice.

 

I’m not interested in him – Chanyeol is! Luhan and I are fine anyway,” said an exasperated Jongin with a roll of his eyes. “Do you ever listen to me? Anyway, where’s he staying at the moment? Maybe I could…”

 

“With me. He recently moved to the area and I offered him a place to stay until he could find his own.”

 

“He’s living with you?”

 

“Yep…and he looked after me when I was sick too,” said Kyungsoo with a fond smile, as he remembered his friend’s devotion to making him better. “Even came home one morning when I was throwing up to give me medicine.”

 

“Wait a second,” Jongin mumbled to himself as he started to piece the puzzle together. “Did this happen on the first day you were away, by any chance?”

 

“Uhhhh…yeah. Why?”

 

“So it was you that made him leave – not Chanyeol!” exclaimed Jongin excitedly. “I must tell him this!”

 

“Wha-?” began Kyungsoo, before Jongin seized his arm once more and roughly dragged him back into the kitchen.

 

“Chanyeol!” he called out cheerfully as they both entered the kitchen.

 

He looked up at them again and sighed.

 

“What is it, Jongin?”

 

“You didn’t scare him away.”

 

“You don-”

 

“I have proof.”

 

A spark of interest ignited in Chanyeol’s eyes as he slowly stood up and dusted himself off.

 

“What proof?”

 

“Baekhyun’s living with Kyungsoo and left that morning to look after him because he was throwing up,” Jongin blurted out in a rush.

 

“R-Really?” stammered Chanyeol as hope blossomed in his chest.

 

“It’s true…I called him that morning to go and get me some medicine,” Kyungsoo added. “It wasn’t you.”

 

Chanyeol’s face broke into the smile that had been missing for a week, and both Jongin and Kyungsoo felt themselves relax, as Chanyeol gave a whoop of joy and started dancing around the kitchen. However, they tensed as he abruptly stopped and looked sorrowfully at them.

 

“It doesn’t matter anyway,” Chanyeol mumbled dejectedly. “I doubt that I’ll ever see him again.”

 

“That’s where you’re wrong, my dear friend,” announced Jongin with a wide grin on his face. “Loverboy’s at table number seven.”

 

Chanyeol’s entire face lit up, and he peeked outside to discover that yes, Baekhyun was in fact sitting comfortably at table number seven.

 

“Go get him!” whispered Jongin, his head joining Chanyeol’s as they both watched the oblivious boy.

 

“Here, take this,” said Kyungsoo, offering Chanyeol his apron and notebook. “It gives you an excuse to talk to him.”

 

Chanyeol smiled his gratitude, and wrapped the apron around his waist before heading out of the kitchen, with a Cheshire-cat smile on his happy face.

 

“This’ll be interesting,” chuckled Jongin, as he and Kyungsoo watched their friend approach Baekhyun. “Let’s hope he doesn’t screw up.”

 

Chanyeol took a deep breath, and opened his mouth to say something, however, his voice caught, as the morning sunlight streaming in from the windowpane illuminated Baekhyun’s face making him look all the more ethereal.

 

You are probably the most beautiful thing that I’ve ever seen in my life, Chanyeol thought with a smile, as he studied the divine being before him.

 

Baekhyun, upon sensing Chanyeol’s presence, looked up and beamed, the corners of his eyes crinkling ever so adorably.

 

Make that the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen.

 

“Hello Chanyeol,” said Baekhyun cheerfully – he remembered his name. “How are you today?”

 

“I-I’m good,” Chanyeol stuttered, as the communication between his brain and mouth malfunctioned. “You?”

 

“Meh, same old, same old,” he answered, rolling his eyes. “I’m sorry about last week; my friend was sick and I had to go home.”

 

“That’s ok,” Chanyeol reassured him. “So, what can I get you this morning?”

 

“Whatever I had last time,” replied Baekhyun with a jolly smile. “If you can remember my order…”

 

“I do,” responded Chanyeol, with a chuckle as he wrote the order down on the notebook. “And I’m going to need your number…”

 

“For the order?” asked Baekhyun with a raised eyebrow.

 

“No,” said Chanyeol, as his steady gaze met Baekhyun’s. “So that I can call you and ask you out for dinner sometime.”

 

Baekhyun looked startled by Chanyeol’s forwardness for a moment, however, after a couple of seconds, his face lit up and he grinned.

 

“Can I borrow your notebook?” he asked, holding his hand out for it. “I’ll write it down for you.”

 

Wordlessly, Chanyeol handed him the small notepad and pencil, stunned that this was actually happening.

 

The universe must love me today.

 

“Would it seem weird if I called you tonight?” Chanyeol blurted out, before clapping his hand over his mouth as he realised that he might sound a tad desperate.

 

“I’d like that,” said Baekhyun softly, a few moments later – were his cheeks normally that pink? – as the pair smiled at each other.

 

“Me too.”

 


 

A/N:

Hey hey guys...sorry for the wait...it's just, well, this took like FOREVER to write

And this was only part one (it got ridiculously long).... 

Part 2 will be up soon - just have to edit it and stuff.

lemme know whatcha think so far,

Love Minspro

oxox