Yixing

X I I [A Series Of EXO One-Shots]

 

 

Literally

"The most improtant things are the hardest to say. They are the things you get ashamed of, because words diminish them-- words shrink things that seemed limitless when they were in your head to no more than living size when they're brought out. But it's more than that, isn't it? The most important things lie to close to wherever your secret heart is buried, like landmarks to a treasure your enemies would love to steal away. And you may make revelations that cost you dearly only to have people look at you in a funny way, not understanding what you've said at all, or why you thought it was important that you almost cried while you were saying it. That's the worst, I think. When the secret stars locked within, not for want of a teller but for want of an understanding ear."

--Stephen King

Pairing: Yixing & OC


 

 

A - Ardor


 

  The brown-haired boy smiled at his reflection and tried to catch his breath. His muscles were aching, his knees were starting to tremble from the amount of bending and kneeling that he have to do quickly, he was hungry, tired and covered in sweat. And he was happy. For this was the exact feeling that made him feel alive and at peace. 

 He turned his wrist and looked at the watch; 8:23 P.M.

 Yixing had been practicing by himself inside this dimly-lit dance studio for five hours now and he felt like it still wasn't enough. Like a drug, dancing was his addiction. One slight wiff, and he'd want more and more. His mind was still alert and eager yet his body was already tired and unable to dance more. With a resigned sigh, he bent down to pick up his bag and the towel that he always carries around before walking to the shower room.

  He the lights and dropped his belongings in front of one of the tiled stalls. Since it was just him in this training and shower room, he striped at once and stepped inside. He didn't waste any more time and the knob quickly without waiting for the water to cool down. Lay stepped underneath the shower head and let the hot overflowing drizzle fall on his bare shoulders, back and body and stayed like that for a few more minutes, until he was starting to get covered in a light cloud of steam.

  And like always, he started having deep thoughts while lathering soap all over his body. He wondered what his co-members would be doing right now in their dorm and if Kyungsoo had already cooked their dinner. He wanted to know if they all ate already and if he should stop by a restaurant to eat since Chanyeol and Baekhyun must have finished the food that Kyungsoo left for him. They all knew Lay's bad habbit of coming home late because he'd be dancing by himself until late at night. Then Kris would repremand him for always waking him up while entering their room.

  All the trivial, everyday things that he has to worry about has been swept out of his mind when he was dancing. It was like the system in his brain had been shut down and unable to think about little things and just concentrate on the moves and the flow of music. And it was tiring to dance every single day but it was the life that Yixing had chose and he didn't regret ever making that decision.

  When he was done, he stood upright and dried himself before taking his towel and dried himself properly with it. Lay immediately changed into a comfortable pair of sweatpants and a plain white shirt and made sure that everything was okay before heading out of the building and into the light and ever busy streets of Seoul.      

  Two strange things happened to him that night.

 

B - Belief


 

  

  The first occurance was when he was walking discreetly to a restaurant that he and Kai used to frequent. He was walking with his head bent low and his body near the shadows of the building; shying away from the gaze of other people who might or might not recognize him. Yixing was tired and the last thing that he needed right now are fans asking for autographs and screaming his name.

  However, when he turned into a curve in an alley, a woman approached him and stood in front of him; making him stop and stand in place. They both stared at each other and Yixing studied the ahjumma. She looked about forty years old, give or take. She was dressed in a casual attire and looked like a normal motherly, woman. What made him stop in his tracks wasn't her normality but they look in her eye. Like he was looking through him instead of at him. Eyes that feel like they can see all the way to your soul. One glance, and he could tell that she was beyond normal. 

 "My son," She started in a husky voice. The split second in which she spoke, their surroundings started to turn dark and the both of them were protected from curious eyes by a light mist around them, What was more eery than the sudden change in the atmosphere was where she spoke. Her words reached him but her lips haven't even moved a fraction.

"I am just a mere messenger and I have a message for you." And she did that again, her voice infiltrating his inner mind. Yixing could only blink and nod; still filled with wonder.

" When the eyes of thee opens once again, you will meet the one in whom your soul was destined to be in union with. I am just a mere messenger that was assigned to tell you this because of the amount of your belief, it was given to you. In the end, it all comes down to your choices but I will have you know that the best one will be within your peripheral vision. Choose to stay beside the one who you should be in union with." And just as quickly as she appeared, she faded into oblivion and later on, nothingness. In an instant, everything seemed to go back to the way it was before without her.

And all that was left as evidence of their encounter were Lay's trembling knees and now-cold hands, then everything around him started to turn dark.  

 

C- Coincidence


 

  The second strange thing was when he woke up in a different room. When he opened his eyes, it wasn't the familiar white cieling in his and Kris's room. Instead, the cieling overhead was painted a dark-blue (the color of the night sky) and there were twinkling little things that appeared to be stars. If it wasn't for the fact that the other walls were painted a lighter blue color, he would have believed that he really was looking into the night sky.

  His eyebrows furrowed in question and he slowly sat up. Blood  suddenly flew quickly he had to lean his head against the wall to control his head rush. He had tried to remember why he was in this place but the only thing that he could bring up from his memory was a dark alley and a woman speaking to him in his mind. Aside from that, everything was a complete blank. He wasn't sure if the lady who spoke to him was just a part of his dream or not. 

 He stood up and grabbed his things that were lying beside him. Wherever this is or for whatever reason he ended up here; he has to get out of this place. His co-members would probably start to get worried and sure enough, when he checked his phone; he received 43 miscalls from Suho, 26 from Kyungsoo, 4 from Kai and just one from Kris--the lazy king.

  He took his things and looked around the room. It was a mess yet it seemed to be organized in a quiet and inexplainable way in which only the person who arranged things here could understand how it worked. There were papers glued to the wall and beautiful paintings hanging here and there. The room was large and on the far side; it was fully painted with various things. Lay couldn't contain his curiosity (for it's not everyday that you get to be in a strange room such as this one) so he let his feet guide him towards the wall and he touched it. It was filled with watercolor paintings of various shades of blue. Everything that was painted there was blue-- a silhouette of a little boy, an array of buildings that looked like they belonged in old England,  and they all blended against each other harminously. It was different from what other people might find 'pretty' but for Lay (who was a lover of strange and different things) he found it immensely fascinating. All he could think about was, It's so beautiful.  

As he moved forward, his thigh accidentally bumped into something and his eyes wandered to it. It was a small wooden desk with an antique typewriter placed in the dead center. Lay leaned towards it and he caught a faint scent of coffee and ink.

Strangely, he found that combination intoxicating.

There were papers scattered on the desk too, and to Lay, it looked like they had been type-written and some of them had coffee stains. He took a paper lying down and started to read. They all looked like a compilation of different quotes and drabbles.

" People who are passionate are immensely beautiful to observe. I hope that the day would come when someone would witness me do something I'm reverent about and find that beautiful. To myself, I find my thoughts fluffy and really girly. Even with the knowledge that I, myself am a girl; it still feels weird but I digress that everyone has needs and I am no exception to that rule. To love and to be loved is a wonderful thing and one day, when I free myself from the chains tying me down; I'll fly and be all marvelous and  experience the wonderful feeling that people call love. I hope tha the day would come where I would lie down beside someone and try to express my feelings to them using the galaxies. I would talk to them about the amazing world of words and the literary perfection of my favorite books."

Lay was amazed and he started to lean comfortably against the desk, reading more excerpts. Each word that he reads feels like an arrow being struck into his heart. For each word, he felt himself liking the person who wonderfully wrote all of these. He found himself smiling when he read something cute and something that might have made the author blush while writing. However, the smile completely disappeared from his face when he read a particularly long excerpt.

"I'm not living. I want to see the sun. I want to play around under the heat and witness other living things grow. I want to get out of here and just be free, but I can't. Even though I'm prepared to sacrifice a little bit of comfort in order to experience the rays of the sun against my face; it still wouldn't be enough. Why is it that we have to hurt in order to feel something that we love? Or is it the fact that it is forbidden that just adds to its appeal to us? I can't understand nor would I want to right now.

I would trade all that I have just to be free.

Mother and Father had told me to just stay strong and be a good girl and keep away from sunlight. They told me to pray and have faith but I'm just a light touch away from faltering. Every night I would pray to God to ease this disability and every morning, I would wake up in tears because I knew to myself that I'm still the same. I'm still unable I'm still sick and I dislike being that way. But instead of dwelling on that, I just made the most of it. If I couldn't go out by day, I always make the most of the night time. I treasure the night so much it has become a part of me. I love the stars, the constellations, the wonderful galaxy in which we live in.

I love the dark but I know to myself that deep inside, I'm missing the light. I really don't know what to do anymore so I just write. I write it all out and try to decipher my thoughts in a format in which I can understand and at least, try to organize things in a way that I can make sense of it all. But no matter how many words, no matter how many stories; none of them could ever really describe and compare to the agony that I feel. Everything that I do feels like a vain attempt."

After reading all that, Lay realized that his eyes were starting to brim with tears. What was wrong with her that made her unable to go out on daylight? 

Unknown to the public, Lay was soft-hearted and it doesn't really take a lot for him to cry. And reading someone's thoughts and inner battles made him feel various emotions. He was grateful that he could go out freely and he started to tell himself to savor that amazing feeling because really, not everyone gets the chance. He was sad and sympathetic because of her condition. Just imagining what kind of life she must have lived made him sad. She must have been just homeschool and forever stuck inside a place during the day.

 

D- Describe


"You are conscious now." A voice startled him and he quickly walked towards where the voice was coming from. Yixing grabbed his bag and walked to the door, only to find a long, black-haired beauty leaning against it.  

She was beautiful and Lay couldn't recall seeing anyone who could measure up to her beauty. Her face was absolutely pale and her long, flowing jet black hair just added to the contras and made her look like a life-sized doll. The thing that Lay found fascinating was that she was absolutely natural--with no trace of makeup on her face.

Being a performer, it's normal for Lay to apply make up on his face but he could see that the girl in front of him was bare faced. Just one glance and he was fascinated and it might have been contributed by the fact that he had read one of her private writing; making him have a sneak peek of what was inside her mind; and what he saw enraptured him.

"Yeah, I am. Where you the one that put me here? What happenened?"

"Last night, I came upon your unconscious body and seeing how there were no other by-passers that seemed to witness you, I took it upon myself to carry you to my humble home. Is everything alright with you?" She explained softly, taking her time with each word. She didn't say it hurriedly or in the way that others would; instead, she pronounced each word carefully in a soft yet high-pitched voice and the whole thing sounded like music to him. 

"I'm fine," He said in the same moment his stomach decided to growl.

This made the girl nod her head in understanding and walked back. "Follow me. I have prepared a little something to eat."

Lay immediately got to his feet and walked a few inches behind her. Enough for him to get a wiff of her fragrance--that familiar coffee smell tinged with ink. As they were walking towards her kitchen, Lay studied her. 

She was short, really short. Probably about five feet; she barely reached his shoulder and her petite frame reminded him of thumbelina. Instead of looking fragile and soft like other little girls; there was something different about her. And Lay could assume that it was the way in which she handled herself. Her back was ramrod straight. If you held a metre stick through her length, it wouldn't make a difference. Also, the her serene expression made her appear calm and independent. Add to the fact that her chin was held high and when she talks, she looks straight at your eyes. Her whole aura screamed, "I'm not intimidated by anyone and I won't be." 

Regal, quiet, independent; she reminded him of a princess of medieval times.

"You can occupy that seat on the left." She ordered.

Yixing finally snapped out of whatever trance he had been in and could only nod at her as he sat down on the chair. Unlike the room where he woke up in, the kitchen and the other parts of the house were clean (he knew for sure that Kyungsoo would be happy if he could see this place).

The girl started to set the table and only then did he realize that he didn't know her name. "I'm Yixing, but you probably know that already. What's your name?"

She continued setting plates and placing well-cooked dishes on the table. "Why is it that I am supposed to know thee's name? I was bestowed by the name 'Song Ah Ri.''

Finally, everything was ready and Lay's eyes widened at the sight of the food aligned in front of him. His mouth watered and even though he was famished, he did what was polite and waited for her to start eating and when she did; he followed suit and exclaimed. "Your cooking is really good. Where did you learn to cook like this?"  

Ah Ri shrugged at him. "I wonder if it's just your lack of common sense but there's this magnificent invention that people call a 'television' which possesses a wide array of networks where you can learn recipes from. I am positive that you have seen it."

"I do, you don't have to be so mean. Wait, if you know what a TV is; how come you don't know me? I'm an Idol. I am EXO-M's Lay."

She stopped eating and furrowed her eyebrows at him in concentration. Ah Ri tilted her head slightly to the side and after half a minute of carefully scruntisizing him; she shrugged her shoulders once more and went back to her meal. "Should I be apologizing for my ignorance? I have no intentions of offending you but I only take notice of subjects that captures my interest."

"Are you implying that what I do for a living is boring?" His voice started to raise an octave, for he was always sensitive when it comes to his line of work; after all, it was something he religiously works hard in.

Having sensing his fondness for this matter; Ah Ri shrugged once more and replied in a softer tone (in an attempt to calm him down, however briefly). "Of course not. I'm just stating our differences. What is important to me might not be of any great concern to you and the same goes for you. Not ever human being has the same point of view. Respect mine and I'll respect yours, simple as that."

Somehow, her calm tone affected him and he continued to eat silently.

"I apologize, though. I am deeply sorry that I answered you like that. It won't happen again, I assure you." She told him, looking straight into his eyes again and it was starting to unnerve him. He had never seen anyone's eyes looked so homy and warm yet mysterious at the same time. 

They ate in silence and when they were finished, Lay bid a numb goodbye to her and a mountain of thanks before heading out of her apartment and into the bright street. When he was  afew metres from her building, he looked back and felt as if he had left a part of himself with her. Yixing shook his head because of that absurd idea but he couldn't deny the truth.

 

E-Empathy


"Jongin, can I ask you something?" Lay heaved out, lying down on the floor beside Kai.

Yixing had been counting--it had been two weeks since he saw her and he couldn't get her off his mind ever since. It was starting to annoy him, for her face would be what he'd see whenever he saw printed words and her eyes would appear on his mind's eye whenever someone starts to talk to him. 

"What is it, hyung?" Jongin asked, looking at the cieling like the elder was doing. Ever since that night when Yixing-hyung didn't return home, he was starting to get distant from them and there was always this faraway look in his eyes, as if he was contantly replaying a memory in his head.

"I have a friend," Lay started--he knew that these lines were too obvious but it would be better than having Jongin know that it's really him. "And there's this girl that he's starting to get attracted to. Now the problem is that they have no mutual friends whatsoever and no acceptable rason for meeting. How can he go up to her if he's a stranger?"

"Does sensibility and formality really have to matter? If you like someone just go after them." The younger one answered dismissively.

"I never said it was me," Yixing mumbled; feeling heat starting to creep up on his face. 

"Your face says it all," Kai smiled at his hyung. "What are you waiting for? Go!"

It took a while for Lay to process what Jongin said but when he did, he nodded and immediately scrambled to his feet and out of the building as fast a he can.

 

F-Friendship


"Excuse me, but what business do you have here?" Ah Ri greeted him the moment she opened the door and took a look at his dishelved appearance.

Yixing held his hand up; trying to catch his breath. He had been running two blocks from their building to her apartment and it wasn't an easy feat. When he was okay, he wiped the sweat of his brow and smiled awkwardly at her. "I want to be your friend."  

"Friend?" She tilted her head to the side slightly.

"Yeah, like;" Yixing tried to scramble his words into something that she can understand. "Like a companion, someone you can turn to in times of need; and someone whos going to be with you no matter what."

"I am in no way ignorant about the definition of friendship. I merely repeated it in order for you to clarify. Do tell me why you want to befriend me." Once again, her chin was held high yet there was something behind those dark eyes of hers that seemed to ignite with something. Maybe it was just his tiredness but he could say that she looked prettier today.

"You're really weird and I like weird people. I mean, you're not 'weird' in a bad way but in a good way," He started to put his hands in his pockets and faint red blotches were starting to form on his pale cheeks. "And you remind me of women in the 1700's. I know it might seem really bizzare that I'm describing you like this but I really think you're interesting and would love to get to know you more." 

He saw the slight upward twitch on her lips, as if trying to keep herself from smiling widely. Her eyes says it all-- she was happy.

And that was the first thing about her that he understood. There were no curves or twists when it comes to her; you just have to get straight to the point and tell her what you really mean.

They stared at each other and for the first time ever, Yixing was genuinely happy without any acceptable reason. He was just that--happy.

 

G- Girlfriend


"Is Yixing smiling to himself again?" Kris whispered to Tao.

Tao stole a glance at Yixing who was staring outside the window and grinning like a lovesick school girl. He leaned against his wushu stick and rolled his eyes at the ever-prying Kris. "You should get used to it. He's definitely acting weird but hey; I think it's okay. Since he's always happy now."

Kris nodded at Tao's answer but he couldn't rest his mind. During these past weeks, Lay has been nothing but happy. Like for instance, Chanyeol or Baekhyun had made a wrong move on their choreography, Lay would just smile now instead of saying anything more. Lay had even started to watch 'Food Network' or other channels that contain cooking. And when he's not coming home late or watching; he'd be bringing a book with him and finish it until midnight. Other times, he'd be talking about how beautiful some words and paintings are; he even mentioned that they all should start savouring the sunlight instead of shielding away from it.

"I'm already tan enough as it is, hyung." Kai had commented.

"Too much sunlight is bad for your skin, too." Suho and Kyungsoo advised.

"Sunblocks can only go too far." Kris told him and slapped another layer of moisturizer on.

At this point, Lay would stare at them wide-eyed as if they had said that they had done something taboo.

Chanyeol's voice interrupted Kris's reverie and he was snapped back to the present. Chanyeol had finished eating his cheeseburgers and he was starting to march angrily towards Lay. He looked mad but everyone knew that he was just kidding and that Chanyeol rarely takes some things seriously.

"Ya, hyung. Are you in love?"

Everyone turned their heads and watched in amusement as Yixing's cheeks started to take on a light shade of pink. At once the barbaric yelling and the shoving began. Everyone of the EXO members started to whistle and ask questions about who she was, how they met and of course, with each question; Yixing felt like his cheeks were going as hot as the Sahara Desert.

After a few minutes, they had finally calmed down and they were now circling around the nervous and red Yixing.

"Alright everyone, as the leader; I want to inform you that this is a special investigation that we will conduct to solve the mystery of Mr. Lay's woman." Suho's voice boomed through their dorm and everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

Chanyeol, being the happy virus that he is; started to clap and rub his hands together while grinning evily. "Can I ask the first question?"

Suho nodded and made a  sweeping movement with his hands. Chanyeol bounced up and leaned in closer to the unsuspeting Lay. "Did you two have ?"

If it was possible, his face took a redder shade. Lay shook his head. "That's ridiculous. She's not even my girlfriend."

"Why don't you ask her out, then?" Baekhyun seconded.

"I don't know. I just don't know how to. I don't think that 'we' are possible." Lay sighed and replied quietly. 

More prudding questions later; they all found out about the girl from Lay.

That she worked as a writer; and has already published some hit books (Kris and Chanyeol had even read some of them). That she was an orphan and she's a self-supporting woman who lives just a few blocks away from them. That every day after Lay practices; he goes straight to her house and they'd eat dinner together. They found out that it had been about three months since they've known each other and remained close friends. She was also the reason why Lay reads more books now and smiles much more frequently.

When asked what he's doing at her place; Lay told them that he'd just talk to her while she would try to translate it into her high-end vocabulary. Sometimes, he would watch her paint and he'd make her coffee every single time that she gets tired. On rare occasions, they would go out and walk outside during midnight and just roam around the city with no particular destinations. According to Lay; just being able to be with Ah Ri makes all the difference. 

"You're being too cheesy now." Xiumin shuddered.

"So, what are you going to do about your feelings?" Luhan asked. 

Lay was silent. What was he supposed to do? "I don't know. Maybe we should just stay like this for a while. We're both comfortable with that."

"I know!" Kai, who had been silent during the whole ordeal, finally spoke up. "You should invite her to our concert next week. We'd all love to meet her and of course, she would love to see you perform."

 

H- Him


Ah Ri hated noisy people.

She also hates crowded places.

And if you have them both combined, this will result in her not being in a good mood. Ah Ri huffed once more while she stood near the stage where Yixing would perform; trying to not get bumped again by crazed screaming fan girls. Last week, he had pleaded for her to go and watch him perform.

She had said no a million times but he kept bugging her until he finally offered to take her out to an amusement park if she just attended his concert. It was nighttime and she would get to go to an amusement park after that; it seemed to her that she had a good end of the deal. Now she just had to deal with this crowded and hot place and wait alongside other fans for EXO.

Thank God that the waiting didn't last long.

Pretty soon, it started to get dark and it started. She was amazed by how energetic everyone was and how amazing the visuals and their voices were. However, when she finally saw Lay; she had to rub her eyes. It couldn't be the same guy who would make coffee for her and listen to her read, is he? 

The same guy that used to make her heart forget to beat for a quarter of a second when he smiles was now transformed into a passionate and famed artist. She could only watch in silence as he started to dance and sing and just like that; she didn't mind the ear piercing screams coming from the girls' mouths. She didn't mind the sweat that was now starting to make her shirt stick to her skin and the constant shoving of her neighbors. It was then when she realized why Lay was so passionate about this and why it was such an amazing experience to watch him perform.

And it was the same look in his eyes that reminded her of her father when he painted. Her father would have that same look whenever he would blend the colors on the palette and start to create a beautiful masterpiece. It would take him hours to days yet it was this unwavering blissfulness knowing that he was doing something that he loved that inspired her. Unlike her dad who used his hand and brushes; Lay used his voice and his body, stepping to the beat of the music, creating a beautiful masterpiece. 

His eyes seemed to look for something and she briefly wondered what it was that he was looking for. Their questions were both answered when his eyes met hers and he stopped searching and his face broke into a cheshire grin--and that was just how he was during the whole performance. Dancing in front of her as if she was the only person in the crowded place.

 

I - Ink


 "I'm sorry if my friends were a bit too crazy." Lay took another sip of his coffee and yawned.

"Do not be worried regarding that matter. In my opinion, they are a pinch too loud but fun, nevertheless." Ah Ri nodded and pursed her lips tightly, trying to keep herself from smiling.

The truth was, she really enjoyed meeting Lay's friends right after their performance. Although they did nothing but tease the both of them, they were polite and really friendly. They only talked for half an hour but Yixing's friends had a way of making her comfortable. It was a new experience and she felt warm; she never knew that having friends would be that fun.   

"Aren't you heading home? It's getting late." She announced while looking at the wall clock.

Lay simply rolled his eyes and leaned his whole torse on the table. "I'm too tired. I'll go crash on your couch."

"Oh, just go to my room then. I'll go out for a walk." Ah Ri shrugged.

"No! It's late! Something might happen to you! You should just stay at home!" Lay's eyes widened and he panicked at the thought of anything harming her. "I know that the night time is the only time that you can go out but please; stay."

Her heart clenched a bit at the thought that he might be worried about her. Nodding her head, she walked to him and wrinkled her nose playfully. "Yes, father!"

Yixing rolled his eyes, promising himself that he would make sure to keep her in his vision.

.

.

.

Paper.

That was the first thought that he had when he woke up and felt something thin crumpling beside him. Groggily, he opened his eyes and took the paper. Ink and Coffee; it had Ah Ri's signature scent. He had to smile at that.

When you're reading this I assume that you are conscious and you have enough decency to not talk about the contents of this letter to my face (for I find that awfully embarassing and uncomfortable) Once you read this, just keep this to youself and never utter a word about this to me. Are we clear?

I wanted to tell you things that I could never tell you in person.

You're a great dancer and you're right, you really are amazing. Watching you was wonderful. Thank you for bringing me there and for introducing me to your friends and for making me experience something like that. I never knew that concerts could get that crazy. They always seem so nice in the television. Oh well. Congratulations! & I hope that you rest well--for I assume that by the time you're reading this, I'm sleeping on my room or at least pretending to (Just to avoid akwardness)-- for today is the day you promised to take me to the amusement park! I'm going to rest for tonight!

Thank you!

Love,

The most beautiful girl in the world.

(And in case you don't know, it's me; Ah Ri)

 

J-Joy


She smiled.

And once again; he was hooked.

All it took for that smile was just a whole road trip to an amusement park and three turns at each ride there--and you could also include the bubbles that she blew and the cotton candies that she stuffed in . During the whole time that they've known each other, he only saw her smile now while looking at the fireworks that were starting to erupt and burst into beautiful colors on the velvet sky above them.

Her eyes shone and Lay thought that he'd never seen something any more beautiful.

If she smiled carelessly like this before, it wouldn't have the same effect.

Only now did he realize her reason for being so serene and composed. Why she never smiled so much and laughed--when you're alone in the world and you're burdened by a great incapability-- you would never have much to smile about.

And knowing that he made her smile was worthwhile. And if being exhausted and travelling for hours was all it took to see her smile then he'd gladly comply. Unable to help himself, he reached out and held her hand. She stiffened and tried to pry her hand off his hold but he insisted until she had no choice but to sigh and let Lay smile to himself while intertwining their fingers and looking at the marvelous fireworks display.

 

K- Kudos


This was it--Ah Ri took a deep breath and gave a thumbs up sign to Kris. He winked at her and guided her towards Lay's room.

This was the first time that she would visit his room and this was the time that she would finally confess to him. After the amusement park getaway, she started to get mroe and more and more aware of him to the point where each slight touch felt like she was being burned. Her cheeks would redden when he winks or smiles at her and all those cliche things that she used to just read on books--now she was experiencing them.

This was one of the things that she liked feeling and was thankful for Lay because if it wasn't for him--she wouldn't have felt that.

She took off the two overcoat that she wore for protection--for it was just two in the afternoon and the sun was shining brightly overhead. She drove the car to Lay's dorm yet she made sure to put on a whole tube of sunblock and lots of layers of clothing. It was useless since her case was nearely severe and slight exposure to sunlight can cause her to start getting rashes and red marks on her body. However, in order to surpise him; she decided to endure the scalding pain that she was experiencing right now and go tell him the truth--that she was in love with him and this was much more wonderful than any other scenarios that she can ever think of. She even practiced it in front of the mirror last night "I really adore you and find you fascinating. I am aware that I normally do not partake in these kinds of behavior but because of you, I fell in love. I'm in love with you. Is that simple enough for you? I really love you and don't ask me why. I just do. I adore you to the moon and back. Wait, to the moon and back; and back again and back again. I simply cannot measure how much but I do know that I love you way too much to keep it hidden to myself. I love you, Lay."

She smiled to herself (for she started doing that ever since he met her and it had been nearly a year) as she twisted the knob and open the door; her heart filled with bubbling excitement she felt like it was trying to hammer its way out of her heart.

Instead of surpising him. He surprised her.

He was standing near the bed in front of a woman who had her arms wrapped around his waist and neck. When Lay saw the door open and saw Ah Ri, he took the woman's hands off him and walked to Ah Ri with a pleading and shocked look in his eyes.

"Oh, good for you. Kudos. Treat her right." Ah Ri lifted her lips up into a smile and it hurt. She took a deep breath and turned to leave with a crushed heart. The transition of her emotions amazed her but instead of being engrossed by the new-found fact; she couldn't think. Her mind started to buzz and she strengthened her pressure on her knees to keep herself from falling down. 

It was amazing how you can be elated to heaven in a moment then crushed back to earth in another second.

So this is what being heartbroken feels like. It . 

She couldn't hear anything after that-- she couldn't hear what Lay had said next. She couldn't hear him running after her, he couldn't hear him being worried about her condition, she couldn't hear him as he yelled, she couldn't hear him as he screamed her name once more and his friends looked their way. Neither did she hear him when he fell down and tripped on one of the stiars and ended up telling her to stay.

She couldn't hear anything. She didn't want to hear anything.

 

L-Listen


It had been almost a month since that incident in Lay's dorm. 

He tried calling her but she always declined his calls and engrossed herself in her writing. She would spend days and nights writing non-stop and try to concentrate on the words in front of her instead of the internal battle raging inside her. 

He tried to stop by her house every single day and every single day she would close the curtains and lock the doors. Ah Ri would drink her coffee alone while watching 'Food Network' and try to ignore Lay's yells and banging on her door. 

He would try to talk to her when she's out at night. And when she would just let him walk beside her, she still wouldn't listen. No matter how much Lay talked--she wouldn't listen. For she was permanently deaf to whatever came out of Lay's mouth. It didn't stop him from trying. Two months passed and then three and then four and then he gave up.

She wouldn't listen--and he was done trying to make her to.

 

 


(a/n: THIS IS NOT FINISHED YET! THis is super long so I decided to post them up seperately. THis is the first part and I'll update the second part when I'm finished x) I hope you like it! though it's a bit tragic, don't worry, okay? Anyway, I should go to sleep now ( for I stayed up late just to finish this and my brain cells are slowly starting to morph into zombie food.

BTW, I haven't made that disease up. In case you don't know. There's this disease called 'Solar Urcitaria' you can go and research it if you want :')))

I hope you look forward to my next update!

It will be from A - Z so yeah x)