Goodbye My First Love

A Flower Called Illa

                           = Black colored texts are things that was said in the present

                            = While Gray colored texts are flashbacks :)

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Min hyuk –ssi, it’s been already 10 years since we last met, how are you? Even though I didn’t get the chance to tell you this ... but I am missing your cheeky smiles, soft giggles and your everlasting love.” A smile is formed in her face as she stare at the sketch Min hyuk left her before he disappeared.

 

Flashback

 

It was a bright morning; Jun-hee thought that it will be a same day for her, watching her late mother’s flower shop, admiring the scent and the gorgeousness of the flowers surrounding her.

After a few minutes the bell that is attached on the door rung, but she didn’t noticed it since she was too engrossed on the flower arrangement she was doing for a customer, a boy wearing a blue polo with a brown leather tube slinging on his shoulders came in from outside, he has a very cheeky smile, a smile that can make anyone smile.

He knocked the table in front of him to get her attention, he succeeded since the girl almost jumped from her seat from the sudden sound she heard, she raised her head to see who is the one that knocked her table, a warm smile is the first thing she saw,  “Uhhh I would like to buy a bouquet of purple illa” He ordered, the girl bobbed her head once and stood up to get the things she needed.

As the girl started to work on his order, he started to check all the flowers which are inside the shop, roses, orchids, tulips, illa and other kinds of  flowers can be found everywhere, “So ... this place is nice” Minhyuk said trying to lighten the atmosphere inside the shop.

But the girl did not respond in his questions, *Hmmm she might be busy doing the bouquet I asked for* Minhyuk said to himself and shrugged the thought.

After few minutes of still silence, the girl tapped the bell in front of her to get Minhyuk’s attention, “T-thanks” he stuttered as he slowly reach out for the bouquet Jun-hee made, after he paid for the flowers Jun-hee smiled at him and continued to finish the thing she was doing earlier.

*She is very nice, I like that smile of hers, I really do, it makes my heart go all fuzzy* He giggled at the outside of the shop while sniffing the sweet scent that the purple illa has.

 

Minhyuk’s POV

 

Another day has passed, I’m starting to love her more and more each day ever since I met her, but ... I didn’t heard her voice even once, maybe it’s just a one sided love that I always watched from dramas, I shook my head at the idea that came up into my mind.

“Ok minhyuk, let’s go and meet her again, err go to school” I stuck my tongue out in front of the mirror because of the foolishness that came out of my lips.

After a few minutes of riding my bike, I finally saw her shop again, but what excuse will I make today just to meet her? I already used my first excuse by buying a bouquet of flower, I’m afraid that If I ask for another one, she might think that I have a girlfriend already, and I don’t want her to think that.

I sigh at the frustration I am experiencing, but when I saw her smile at the flowers which she was taking care of, my heart suddenly softened and warmth can be felt inside of me, warmth from her smiles, from her grace and from herself.

A smile formed in my face, I turned around and started riding my bike towards the school, *Next time I met you I will surely let you know how I feel for you, how this heart of mine was filled with you and your smiles.*


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What?” I asked the teacher who is talking to me outside of my classroom.

“Yes you heard it right kiddo, your talent is beyond this school’s walls, you should try to learn art outside Korea, so I’m going to take care of the things you for going overseas to pursue your dreams, studying outside of Korea is a very nice foundation for your dream to become a very famous artist, so don’t you dare to decline my offer kiddo.” My professor playfully messed my hair and started walking inside the classroom, leaving me dumbfounded by his words.

 

Few days have already passed since the thing about me going overseas to pursue art came up, I’m still thinking if I should go or not, well for me I want to go since it is my dream to become a well-known artist worldwide, but can I leave her? I don’t think I can, but ... still ... I’m confused between my dreams and my love.

No matter what happens, at least I should make something for her, a thing which can express how grateful I am to meet her, how her smiles always brighten my mood, how love is formed without words.

Day by Day, my sketch of hers that was based from my memories is about to be finished, and also the day where I will go is about to come, after that I sighed as I stare at the finished portrait of hers, “I-I love you, ... but I have to go ... but if you don’t want me to go, I will not go and I will stay beside you forever” I recited these words in front of a mirror, even though I practiced my confession, I can still the nervousness inside my heart, is this a sign of a new love and couple that is about to be formed or a sign which means I have to stop so that I will not feel how painful to be rejected by her, rejection which I don’t want to experience.

 

The day has finally came, the day which I will confess to her, and also the day when I have to go to the school overseas that my professor arranged himself, nervousness came over me as I stood in front of the shop.

 

 

He stepped inside of the shop and found that it was empty, luckily he knew that the girl who he was looking for is only in the garden inside the shop, he ran towards the door and welcomed by a scene of Jun-hee arranging a bouquet of white flowers.

“E-excuse me” He stuttered as his grip into the leather casing tightened.

Jun-hee looked at her with confused eyes, her eyebrows raised while looking at him.

“I ... tomorrow .... I’m gonna study abroad” He confessed as he change his gaze between the floor and to Jun-hee’s eyes.

He awkwardly chuckled and rubbed the back of his head, “ So ... I actually ... like you, no ... I love you” His face straightened and look deeply into her eyes.

“So ... I’m thinking ... that ... do you love me too?” he waited patiently for her answer, but much to his dismay, the girl only looked at him.

“I don’t want to leave, I wanted to stay beside you, I want to see your smiles every day, I want to show you how much I love you” he waited once again for an answer but she didn’t said anything even a single word.

*I guess ... this is the end of a one sided tragic love Min hyuk ...* He said to himself as he force a smile in front of her, he turned around and started to walk away from her.

 

Choi Jun-hee’s POV.

*What is he saying? I can’t understand him* i said to myself as i confusedly look at the boy in front of me.

*Focus Jun-hee focus on his lips, try to read it from his lips.* I stared at the lips of the young man who is talking to me.

*So ... I’m thinking ... that ... do you love me too?* *I finally read it from his lips, wait ... he loves me? And now he is asking I can love him back?* I mumbled those words inside of me, as I try to understand everything he said, but before I can give him my answer he already left.

I stood up from the chair and started to chase him, but all i saw is a leather tube which he always holds, I opened it and to my surprise, the content of the tube is a portrait sketch of mine, ... from minhyuk.

Tears fell from my eyes, for me he is not just an ordinary customer, every time he visits the shop he always talk nonstop even though I can’t understand them, but seeing him happy and smiling like that always makes my heart flutter into happiness, I don’t know why .. but seeing him like that makes my day complete.

 

“Since he left that night I’m always alone, longing for his smiles and silent giggles.” I mumbled as I reminisce about the past I experienced.

 

“Why did you left without even waiting for me to answer? Why did you have to leave when I started to feel that you are important to me, why did you have to leave me here alone? Even know you still don’t know how much I am in pain when you left just like that, and you still don’t know that ... I love you”

 

=========================================================

 

Mianhe for this one shot, i just did this this midnight : 12:45 pm in our place which literally means 12 in the midnight O_O

and my eyes are closing everytime i type some words, so sorry if there is any mispelled words.