Chapter 6

Not the holiday they had planed

Chapter 6:

 

Leeteuk started to wake; the sun in his room was too bright for him to sleep anymore.  He stretched out and hit another person beside him.  Opening his eyes a fraction due to the bright light he saw the expanse of water to his left and right and the previous two days ran through his mind.  He groaned softly and sat up a little to take in anything that had changed.  All the other members were still asleep, lying on top of each other. 

 

He got into a semi sitting position and looked around.  He turned to the front of the boat and his eyes widened.  Garbing Kangin and Heechul by the arms and shaking them vigorously he woke them up to confirm that what he was seeing was not a mirage cased by the sun. 

 

Kangin grumbled something that sounded like ‘5 more minutes’ and tried to bat his hand away.  Heechul groaned and sat up then looked around him before groaning again.  It seemed that he too had forgotten where they were. 

 

“Heechul, please tell me that you can see that too and I’m not delirious.” Leeteuk asked in a strained voice, trying to hide his excitement.  Heechul opened his eyes aging and did a double take. 

 

“Land, LAND!” He shouted and bounced in the boat, becoming fully awake.  The rocking woke the other s as they looked around in confusion. 

 

The land Leeteuk had spotted turned out to be a small tropical island surrounded by a reef with a small cove leading up to a sandy beach.  The island looked big enough to have fresh water but not human life. 

 

With the combined efforts of all the members they steered the three boats into the small cove and laughed as they could actually see the sand bellow the water. 

 

“Leeteuk-hyung!” Eunhyuk shouted with joy dripping from his voice.  Leeteuk looked at him and then to the side of the sandy beach to where he was pointing.  Up on the sand near the tree line a bright orange boat was secured to a tree by a vine. 

 

Leeteuk cried out and paddled faster along with the others.  He couldn’t see anyone on the beach until a figure jumped down from the tree and started to run down the beach and into the water.  A faint “Hyung’s” got louder and louder as the member swam close. 

 

“Kibum!” Siwon shouted and gave up on paddling, diving over the side of the boat and into the crystal clear water to meet the actor.  Siwon grabbed him in a hug, causing them to sink a little. 

 

The other members stayed on the boats as Siwon and Kibum helped pull them to shore.  Once the boats were dragged up on the sand Kibum was smothered with hugs.  Leeteuk grabbed him and looked him over to make sure he was okay before hugging him. 

 

“Who is here with you?  Are any of the others?” Leeteuk said in a rush.  Kibum nodded.  Smiling brightly, happy to be reunited with all the other members at last . . . or so he thought. 

 

“Kyuhyun and Donghae are looking for water.  They should be back in a minute.  I was watching the beach encase anyone sailed past or flew overhead.” They all smiled as Kibum listed two more of their brothers but sadness and desperation laced their eyes as well.  Kibum was missing two names from his list that they were hoping they would have found with them.  Yesung and Henry where not among the names and Ryeowook had tears sliding down his cheeks as did Zhoumi.  Kibum noticed the pair crying and went to hug them. 

 

“It’s okay.  No one is hurt we got to the island without much trouble.”  Kibum said, not realising the absence of the other two members yet. 

 

“It’s not that Kibum.” Leeteuk said softly.  We were hoping you had Henry and Yesung with you.” He said taking Ryeowook in his arms.  Kibum stoped and spun around noticing the missing faces and looked like he was about to cry now too as he realised that two of his brothers where still lost at sea. 

 

“Kibum?” A voice sounded from the trees to their right.  Eunhyuk’s eyes widened at Donghae’s voice. 

 

“HAE!” Eunhyuk called, trying to see which direction his friend was coming from. 

 

“Hyukie?  EUNHYUK!” Donghae shouted and burst through the trees to the right of the boats with Kyuhyun hot on his heels.  They stopped when they saw what they believed to be the rest of Super Junior standing on the beach.  Eunhyuk ran up the beach with Sungmin as they launched themselves at their respective partners. 

 

Donghae and Eunhyuk toppled over from the impact but continued to hug each other.  Sungmin had his arms around Kyu who was hiding his tear stained face in the elders shoulder. 

 

They all went around hugging the three newly found members.  Kyu looked around for Yesung after he hugged Ryeowook but froze, not remembering seeing him since they were in the plane.  He looked around the faces and also noted that Henry was not present.  Kyu turned to Sungmin, the distress clear n his face. 

 

“Have you seen them at all?” Sungmin asked in a small voice, knowing that Kyu had noticed their absence.  Leeteuk stood next to them and looked at Kyu with pleading eyes, willing him to say yes. 

 

“No” he checked out and watched his leaders face fall.  “What about you?” He asked hopefully. 

 

“Zhoumi said he and Henry got hit by a large wave and they got separated.  Zhoumi saw Henry come back up after but they where too far away from each other to get back together.  The main thing is that he saw Henry resurface.” Leeteuk said trying to reassure Kyu that his only dongsaeng was going to be okay. 

 

“. . . and Yesung-hyung?” Kyu said after a pause.  Leeteuk stayed silent, he didn’t want to tell Kyuhyun that one of his favourite hyungs had not been seen since his jump from the plane and they didn’t have any information on him at all. 

 

“Teukie-Hyung?” Kyu said, panic starting to creep into his voice at the leaders silence.  Leeteuk looked up at his now panicked maknae and decided that lying to him would not help at all in this situation. 

 

“We haven’t seen him Kyu.  Ryeowook got split from him when they landed in the water but he didn’t see him when he came up.  We were hoping to find him and Henry with you.” Leeteuk said quietly while Sungmin rubbed Kyu’s back to try and comfort him.  Kyuhyun felt cold but fought back the tears that prickled at the edges of his vision.  Henry could swim better than most of them but Yesung was not known for his ability in the water.  Thankfully he had been wearing a lifejacket so the chances he made it to the surface where good. 

 

Kyuhyun had managed to stop the tears from escaping his eyes but Donghae wasn’t as successful.  The young man had all but broken down when they told him that there were still two more members to be found. 

 

#          #          #

 

After the members finished their sudden reunion they proceeded to go about and prepare an area for them to sleep.  They had set up a fire on the beach and had pulled the four lifeboats around in a wide cercal for them all to sit inside.  They didn’t have anything with them to carry water, or so they though until Eunhyuk had suggested that they use one of the boats.  They were built to keep water out so it had no problem keeping water in.  It took five of them to carry the boat full of fresh water back drop the stream they Donghae and Kyu had found. 

 

Leeteuk knew that they had to boil the water to insure that they would not get sick and had cracked the top of a few coconuts they had found and sat them next to the fire to boil they water.  He put them close enough so the water would boil but not so the outer shell would burn. 

 

Siwon, Zhoumi and Eunhyuk had busied themselves with trying to catch fish so they could cook them on the fire but had turned into a water fight when Donghae and Kyu had attacked them.  Sungmin and Kibum had been the ones to catch the fish in the end and Heechul and Hangeng had managed to find some banana trees while exploring the island. 

 

It was warm enough by the fire though the night did get cold.  Most of the member had fallen asleep early; exhausted by the past few days’ events.  Leeteuk smiled to himself as he looked around at his dongsaengs.  Donghae and Eunhyuk were sleeping side by side both with an arm wrapped around the other protectively.  Donghae shifted a little and Eunhyuk tightened his hold on his age mate so that their faces where only a few centimetres apart. 

 

Sungmin was still awake and talking to Ryeowook; obviously trying to keep the younger’s mind off the fact the Yesung was still missing.  Kyuhyun was sleeping with his head in Sungmin’s lap.  The maknae rarely showed this type of affection for to his hyungs and mostly only with Sungmin and himself.  Leeteuk always found it funny that he could be an evil maknae to every member but in front of Sungmin he became this small child. 

 

Zhoumi was with Shindong and by the looks of it he was trying to teach him Chinese.  Leeteuk assumed that this was also an attempt to keep the Chinese man from thinking about the youngest member of their family who was also missing.  Leeteuk really hoped that where ever the two where that they were together.  Leeteuk was hoping that they had made it to a different island or had already been found by the authorities and not just floating around at sea. 

 

Kibum and Siwon where practising their English, sitting beside Heechul and Hangeng who where in the process of trying to cook a banana that was slowly turning to mush on the end of Heechul’s stick.  Hangeng had his arms around Heechul’s waist and his head resting on the elders shoulder.  Leeteuk smiled at their closeness.  To most people they say this pairs relationship as a very strong friendship and brotherly love but Leeteuk had known them for a long time and saw throw it.  He knew there was something going on between the oldest Chinese man and his age mate.  It was just little things in their personality and actions that made him suspicious.  Back when Hangeng was still working as a part of Super Junior the two where nearly inseparable.  When Heechul was in a bad mood the one to calm him down would always be Hangeng and the look of complete and total devastation on Heechul’s face when the preformed for the first time without Hangeng was proof enough of their close relationship. 

 

Leeteuk’s thoughts where brought back to himself as a strong arm made its way around his own waist and he was pulled back to lean on Kangin’s shoulder.  Leeteuk fought back the blush that threatened to creep over his face.  He felt a slight fluttering in his chest like the nerves he would get just before he stepped out on stage.  He blinked a few times, trying to get rid of the strange sensation inside of him before relaxing into Kangin’s calming embrace. 

 

“It’s okay Teukie, where safe.  Relax please.” Kangin said quietly, his mouth close to the leader’s ear.  Leeteuk sighed. 

 

“Not all of us.” Leeteuk said so quietly Kangin strained to hear him. 

 

“They’ll be okay, their smart.  We’ll find them or if they’ve found help then they’ll find us, either way we’ll see them again.” Leeteuk wanted to take comfort him his words but their where just too many things they didn’t know.  Despite his fears he could feel his eyes closing as he leaned into Kangin’s shoulder.