Agreement.

A violent guy and a street girl's arranged marriage. [ Hiatus ]

My hoodle was on me, covering some of the bruises on my arm and waist. Curse wearing short-to-the-max dresses. Hoodie to the rescue for tonight. I opened the door as soon as I was sure my bruises were covered and Grandma was sitting there, like she was waiting for me. "Halmeoni, waeyo? (Grandma, what's wrong?) You can't sleep?" I asked as I was locking up the door. "Jae Rin-ah... we have to talk." She said as she patted on the seat beside her. Not again with her getting-hitched-up talks again... I'm sure of it. "Yes?" I let down my bag and sat beside her, still making sure she didn't notice the bruises. "Jae Rin-ah ... If Halmeoni... did something you didn't want me to do, .. will you be angry at me?" "Oh? I don't think so, wae? Did something bad happen? Don't scare me..." I rubbed her arm, making it warm. "I... Halmeoni... Halmeoni has arranged a marriage for you." 

My heart. Literally. Stopped. "Hal... Halmeoni... MWOYA!? (WHAT!?)" I stood up from my seat. She had a scared look on her face and I tried to calm myself down and listen to her explanation. "Jae Rin-ah... you've worked for this family too much, and you have once told me you want your dream husband to be rich right? I've finally found someone who's suitable for you, Jae Rin-ah. Halmeoni wants you to lead a happy and simple life, I don't want you to have this job anymore, its too tiring for you," she said. "Halmeoni, I'm okay with this job... I can manage, I don't mind--" "But I mind, Jae Rin-ah! Don't you see I don't want to see you do this anymore?! Your parents wouldn't be happy to see you doing this job any longer if they were still here!" She shouted. Silence broke between us and Jae Seung appeared out from his room. "Noona... listen to Halmeoni, please?" "Jae Seung, go back to your room." I asked. He didn't budge. "Park Jae Seung!" "NOONA!" He raised his voice at me as well. I was speechless. "Noona, just listen to Halmeoni for once... you heard her reasons. She wants you to get married to somebody rich and can pay for all of your expenses for all eternity," he said, sitting next to me. "... But... don't you guys want me anymore? You want me to marry so I can leave?" I said, tears welling up in my eyes. 

"Jae Rin-ah, are you crazy? Of course we would never EVER not want you. You're our prized possession, you worked so hard for this family - you're everything to us. Because we love you, we want you to be happy. We don't want you to have that job anymore, we want you to just live life as it is. Just think as doing this for Jae Seung and us. Please? Don't say no to us in this matter," she said. I've never seen her want something so much before, and she wants it for me. I stood up and turned away. "Its late, we should be getting some sleep. I'll think about it," I said and quietly walked to my room. Getting married at 19? What would people think of me? I ended up getting married because of an 'accident'? I'm just a teenager. And getting married to someone I've yet to meet. What is all this... These thoughts wondered in my mind back and forth as I looked at the ceiling all curled up in my tiny bed. Then I thought of what my grandma said. "Just think as doing this for Jaeseung and us. ... Don't say no to us in this matter," repeating all over again. If I did get married to a rich guy, I could change my family's lifestyle. I could actually afford to buy new stuff for our home. I could probably even buy a house for them! I thought of all the advantages at first, then ... boom. Disadvantages started taking over my mind. What if, once we get married, he leaves me? Then I wouldn't be able to change my family's lifestyle? What if the person I'm marrying is actually an old man? What if he's a ert? What if he's a ? What if ... Those thoughts were taking over my mind. I decided that I really needed my sleep.

-------------------------

NEXT MORNING, 8.30am.

I woke up with the sun shining on my face. Gah, a new day. Time for me to face them. I walked out from my room, and heard whispering. "Jaeseunggie, what if your sister doesn't want to get married? Oh, how I wish she could..." Grandma's voice worried with ... worry (lol). "Halmeoni, everything will be fine. Noona's strong, she can handle whatever that happens. She will find happiness once the marriage progresses..." Jaesung held her hand. "But what if... What if the guy doesn't treat her right? What if he's a bad person? Oh Jaeseung! I can't imagine my princess getting hurt." Her princess. I walked out on their conversation with tears in my eyes. "Halmeoni-ya~" I called out. "... For the both of you, my everything and my life, I guess I'll agree to it, but ONLY if you promise to never do anything without my consent again," the both of them smiled widely. They couldn't believe my words. "Remember, the both of you, once I get married, I'll always come back to visit. When I don't, just give me a call if you want me to, and I'll come flying home. I'm doing this for us," I explained, and looked at Jaeseung. "She's your priority now, got it?" He nodded and we ended up in a bear hug. 

"Ah, Jae Rin-ah, put on something nice to meet the parents!" My grandma cried. "Halmeoniiii~ I don't know what to wear! All of these are probably too... short! They're rich for heaven's sake! They have class! If I wear these, they'd probably not want me anymore!" I looked at my work clothes. Yeah, most of them were too short, too revealing (for rich people), too skimpy, or maybe too small. "Yah, ottoke~" I exhaled and looked around some more. Then this white dress I've not seen or wore in a while. It had long sleeves, and the skirt was about.. the middle of my thighs. Still too short, but I guess it'll have to settle. I didn't bother to straighten it out or curl it, because my hair was usually and naturally straight. And it had curls/waves since last night. 

We were invited to this grand restaurant, that even I myself have never been to. I'd probably be eating here every time once I'm handed over to them. I preferred to eat barbecued samgyupsal, with kimchi jjigae (kimchi soup), and ramyeon. Jaeseung, halmeoni and I walked in and we were greeted by the staffs. My brother and grandma dressed casually, as seen by usual rich people - but then we weren't rich. So. You get the idea. Just then, there was a couple with another dude sitting beside them. They were absolutely quiet, the son playing with his phone, while the parents talking to each other - almost to the same as whispering. I walked behind them with Jaeseung in front of me. "Annyeong haseyo~" We greeted, but it seems that the guy with his phone didn't take notice. Rude brat. "Annyeong haseyo~ Please sit," the parents stood up greeting, while the dude followed. I didn't notice his face yet, since I was somehow unbearably shorter than my brother. "Has she come?" They asked. My grandma nodded. "Here she is," and I stepped out to the front. "Her name is Jae Rin." And as soon as she said my name, the dude looked up. And that face. I recognized that face. That.... spoiled.... BRAT.