Chapter 6

Sometimes It Just Happens That Way
 
 
thank you all for your patience! <3 here at long last is the 6th chapter to our little drama that is unfolding ^^
 
 

 

 

 

Jinki paced back and forth. He was a nervous wreck. Even he didn't quite know the reason behind his actions. Do I really like her? he thought. He was still pacing back and forth when Taemin slipped out of her room. She looked at Jinki and sighed.
 
“Don't strain yourself too hard” she said in a mocking voice.
 
Jinki jumped when he saw Taemin standing there.
 
“Where is everyone?” she continued.
 
“We have the day off so they went out” dammit why am I so nervous.
 
“So how about we do something?” Taemin said cheerfully
 
//
 
“Do you think they'll be alright?” Kibum said to Minho as they both watched Jonghyun lifting weights.
 
Minho stared at Kibum for a minute in silence “Do you want them to be alright?”
 
Kibum looked down at his hands folded in his lap “You know, even though I give them a tough time...” he trailed off “It's in my best interest if they work out” he said finally, getting up grabbing a towel to give to Jonghyun who had just stopped to take a break.
 
//
 
“Don't call me 'oppa'. It feels weird...”
 
“Then what should I call you?”
 
“Just 'Jinki' is fine.” he leaned over and kissed her on the forehead. Taemin put her controller down and turned to him, pausing the game.
 
“Don't kiss me unless you mean it. It gives me hopes for something that I don't know is real...” she trailed off looking at her hands folded in her lap, ignoring his gaze on her.
 
//
 
The three got back to the dorm and you could feel the weight in the air. Something had obviously gone wrong.
 
After that Taemin and Jinki had a strained relationship. When they would go onto programs they wouldn't look each other in the eyes. Taemin's gaze was always straight ahead even when Jinki talked. Every time she said “Onew hyung” you could almost hear the bitterness in her voice. To the outside would though it just seemed like the-little-maknae-was-growing-up. To the members though it was something else. In the car they no longer sat next to each other. When they got to the dorm they wouldn't acknowledge the others existence.
 
A few months passed and still nothing. Minho tried talking to Taemin about it but every time she would brush him off saying she was tired or didn't want to talk about it. Minho also tried talking to Jinki but he was as silent as she was about the whole thing.
 
Jonghyun and Kibum seemed to be spending a lot of time together. It went somewhat unnoticed though because of the awkwardness between the oldest and the youngest.
 
This was when the last person found out. Jonghyun had been talking to Minho about something and didn't bother to knock before coming into the room he now shared with Taemin. Taemin wasn't paying attention so she didn't notice the sounds approaching the room. She didn't have enough time to throw something over herself.
 
To say his reaction was a bit over kill would be an understatement.
 
“What the- You're a girl! A GIRL!” you could have been able to hear his voice booming the next county over. “How are you even in this group if you're a... Why didn't you tell me?! Did everyone know?!”
 
“Jonghyun hyung calm down a second.” Minho tried to intervene.
 
“Ya I'm a girl. It's kind of amazing you never noticed. We even sleep together.”
 
“Taemin now isn't the time to be difficult.” Minho stepping towards her but she just backed off.
 
“You know what I don't have to patience to deal with this.” she turned to Jonghyun “Come talk to me when you've calmed down and let it sink in.” she shoved both Minho and Jonghyun out of the room and locked the door.
 
Taemin put her headphones in and started blasting her music to drown out the sounds of everyone explaining to Jonghyun about “the situation”. The situation being her. She fell onto her bead face first and just laid there for what seemed like a life time.
 
//
 
Watching Jonghyun's reaction to Taemin being a girl sparked something in Jinki. Anger? Jealousy? Protectiveness? He shoved it away as normal thoughts going out to one of the members of his group. He tried to shove it away. Those thoughts and feelings didn't seem to go away the more Minho and Kibum were explaining to Jonghyun about Taemin. He hadn't had to think about Taemin so much in months.
 
He had kept finding himself glancing over at her. Her eyes were always dead ahead though so she never noticed. Or he thought at least she never noticed. She was completely ignoring him, and with good reason. Good reason? He brain hurt from thinking so hard about Taemin. The fact that she was a girl never bothered him. Normally he would just to be a pain. And he found himself missing it. Missing?
 
It had been at least 15 minutes since they had sat Jonghyun down. He had calmed down some. His reaction was really pissing Jinki off. Why should she have to explain herself to him, he thought, she doesn't owe him anything.
 
The leader was losing his patience by the second. He had been sitting there quietly the entire time, occasionally adding in a few words here and there. The others could see his shift in outward appearance. The annoyance on his face growing more and more pronounced.
 
“Jonghyun,” he finally spoke, voice filled with controlled anger “Stop.”
 
Jonghyun had been in the middle of a sentence when he was cut off by his hyung interrupting him.
 
“If you want to keep talking about this,” he continued “then take it somewhere else.”
 
Everyone looked at the leader with astonishment on their faces. It seemed to do the trick though because Jonghyun shut up immediately.
 
They all sat in silence for what seemed like forever when Kibum stood up pulling Jonghyun with him. He whispered something into his ear then the two went to get their jackets and left.
 
Minho and Jinki sat in silence. Neither one speaking. Minho was looking at Jinki with concern. Obviously something had snapped because no matter how annoying they would get over the years, he had never seen his hyung like this before.
 
“It might do you some good to talk about it.” Minho spoke carefully.
 
“There's nothing to talk about.”
 
Then Minho was suddenly left alone in the dorm, the only other person there being Taemin.
 
“What am I going to do with these people.” he mumbled to himself.
 
 
 

 

 

this was actually fun to write which doesn't make sense because I think it's the most drama filled out of everything so far. I kind of changed the direction this fic was going because it was becoming too typical shoujo for me. all will make sense in due time. which there aren't many chapters left soooo look forward to that!
sorry it's so short (again) /sigh what am I going to do with myself
 
also I want to thank the people who sent me nice messages <3 it really meant a lot so thank you