Journalists Club

3 maknaes, 1 girl

"Tick.. Tock.. Tick.. Tock.. Why.. is it.. so.. boring~" I muttered under my breath as teacher continued lecturing about... cells. Why do we have to learn it anyway? I can't understand anything!

I ruffled my hair in frustration before glancing at the clock. "5 more minutes.."

"..indicating progression to a cancerous state, the term should be avoided for animal cells when describing introduction of exogenous genetic material."

This kind of information is too much for me to handle! I have to get out of here...

The teacher saw me raised my hand and he signaled for me to speak.

"May I use the restroom?", I politely asked while pretending to fidget on my seat.

He sighed, "Alright Miss Baek, but don't take long." I bowed to him respectfully before dashing outside the classroom.

FREEDOM!!

I did a victory dance when I heard a sound from the other hallway. I quickly restrain myself and naturally walk towards the way to the restroom, as if I just came out of the classroom. The janitor looked at me weirdly before proceeding to mop the floor. Great! How am I going to get out of here??

Just then, I heard girls giggling as they neared the restroom. I panicked as I try to be as quiet as possible while finding a place to hide. I entered a closet where they keep the mops and buckets and I tried not to faint from the stench inside. I peeked through the small hole and my eyes caught two girls giggling as they looked at themselves in front of the mirror.

"Those idols are so cool!" the girl with a messy bun squealed.

"It's too bad that they haven't debuted yet or else we would have taken advantage of them!" the girl with braces beamed.

There are idols inside the school? Why didn't I know about that?

I leaned closer to get a better listen at their conversation only to knock out the door before me. The girls stared at me in shock. "Nuguya??" they asked in unison.

I gave them a sheepish grin as I try to make up a lame excuse. "I-I.. I got locked ins-..inside..?" I stammered while rubbing the back of my neck.

"Geuleonga? Prove it." they stepped closer to her as I step back, thinking a good excuse.

I avoided their glares at me before an idea pops in my head. Instead of stepping back once more, I leaned closer to their ears as I whispered. "I'm actually waiting for a sponsor to replace me."

They gave me puzzled looks when they didn't understand what I meant. I lied swiftly, "You see, there's this punishment I have for exactly an hour or so but I was kinda hoping someone could replace me."

The girls looked at each other in shock before turning to me. "Andwae!"

"We'd rather leave you here in misery than join you!" the girl with the messy bun spat.

I smirked at them. "Geuleom kabwa! Toneun..I might change my mind and stuck you there." They looked at the small closet before rushing outside.

I breathed heavily as my personality changes from my acting. "Jinjiman! I really don't like acting!" I restrained myself when I recall their conversation a while ago. "I wonder who are they.."

 

-

 

I went to my usual table and as always, whenever someone wants to sit with me, I stare at them icily. While I was drinking my juice, someone patted me, or more like push me, which caused me to choke. "Mwoya!?" I shouted between my coughs  at the person only to find myself inches from the idiot's face. My anger calm a bit as I stared at her teasing eyes...

"Annyeong Jun Hongie~" she beamed before taking a seat next to me. 

I shot daggers at her, signaling for her to leave. "I told you, not to call me that!!"

She tilted her head and I swear I could punch her any second from her stupidness. "Then what should I call you?"

My mouth gaped in astonish. "D-Didn't I tell you dimwits my name s-since class started??" I stammered because of anger.

She rubbed the back of her head before responding. "I think that's the part where I was still running my way to school.."

I face-palmed myself before speaking while gritting my teeth. "Can you just leave me alone.."

The idiot looked around like she was checking if there were vacant tables. She turned back to me, "I don't like joining others' table. Besides, I don't even know anyone here besides you guys.." she lowered her head.

I inhaled then exhaled before declaring, "Then maybe I should just leave you then." I got up and her eyes pleaded for me to stay but I shove her away.

 

-

 

Did I do something wrong..? Why are they always shoving me away..? I feel so lost when I don't even know why they're acting that way..

My thoughts interrupted when I heard a ringtone. I turned my head and saw that he left his phone on the table and it was even vibrating crazy. I took it from my hands and read the called ID. "Manager..?"

I turned my head to Jun Hong before he could leave the cafeteria. "Jun Hongie!" I shouted.

 

-

 

My eyes widened in horror when I was about to exit the cafeteria. How dare she..

I prayed no one heard it but in dismay, they were all staring at me like I was someone else with that name. I covered my face with my fringe as I pulled her out of the cafeteria before anyone could notice me.

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST DO!?" I raged in outburst. Her eyes were a bit rounded in surprise, she tilted her head, and was slightly open.

"What did I do..?" she asked innocently politely. Aish jinjja! Before I could even speak, she handed out something in her hands, my phone.

"You left it on the table by accident." she smiled while placing it on my hands. I avoided letting my hands touch hers after she gave me my phone.

"W-Whatever!" I rolled my eyes before walking to my classroom. I stared at my phone before shoving it inside my pocket. Yeek! She touched my phone! Disgraceful!

 

-

 

Just as the bell rang, my stomach growled. Urgh! Why now?? I went to my next subject, which is P.E., with an empty stomach. Andwae~

I went to the girls' changing room and went to my locker. I took out my Gym clothes and closed it before realizing someone was beside me, staring at me. They were 2 girls and a boy.  The girl in front looked serious, the girl beside her looks like a very lively girl and the guy at the other side looks... like a nerd.

The girl in front walked forward first as she introduced herself. "Annyeong Miss Baek. I am Byun Seo Eun." she bowed at me. "This here is my assistant, Kang Hyuk Min." she patted the guy beside her and he slightly bowed at me with a shy smile. "And this is one of our active members, Park Hye Min." she held the other girl's shoulders and she waved at me like a little kid.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Baek Eun Hee." I introduced myself politely.

Seo Eun smiled a little. "We know. You are the daughter from the Baek Company and we were utterly astounded that someone as predominant is a transferee here."

I rubbed the back of my neck. "I wasn't accidentally enrolled here. There are reasons why my parents enrolled me here." I sheepishly smiled.

Hye Min suddenly giggled. "We already know the reason Eun Hee'ssi."

I raised my eyebrow. "So, who are you guys?"

Hyuk Min answered my question. "We are from the Journalists Club. We write articles about one specific topic each year, month, or week. The case why we're here is because the issue that is assigned for us is about important people such as heirs, heiress, artists, models, and such. Our adviser undoubtedly detected that a young heiress just registered here in our school for a few justification, just as you mentioned. So, as precise as it is, they came to an agreement that the main subject for this year is a lot about people such as yourself, Miss Baek."

Man~ This guy is seriously a geek. I barely understood what he just said.

I plastered a fake smile. Before I could speak, Hye Min interrupted. "Oppa, stop speaking like that. They won't confirm it if we, or should I say, you, keep on making it more confusing. She's not a geek like you."

Are they siblings? Wait a minute, they have different surnames...

"Fine then, Hye Min. If you're so wise then why don't you go ahead and explain it to them?" he eyed her.

Hye Min raised her chin as she nodded to him. She stepped forward to me with a genuine smile.

"We are from the Journalists Club. Our next issue for the year is about important people such as yourself. Since we are under the same roof, we came to a start with you." she smiled.

NOW I get it...

"I see.." I bobbed my head. Hye Min stuck her tongue to Hyuk Min who only pulled his tie to avoid her gaze. Then, I heard the teacher calling my name from the gym. "Guys, I'm running late but I'll surely be in touch with you." I left them.

I hope there's a way to avoid them.