The Truth

The Fallen's

 

There were angels everywhere! Well I’m guessing that their angels since they have wings and all; I mean like…hello? Common sense.

They were all guys and they looked really young. Laughing and playing around like there’s no tomorrow. Some were flying around and I too realized that I was flying. But the weird part was that I wasn’t me! You get me? It wasn’t my body but Kai’s. It was as if I was seeing the world through his eyes and it was in the past.

I was flying all around the clouds and joking with some of the guys. And for no reason, I was smiling. There was a weird happiness in me.

But then, everything changed. And I was in this weird room; looking at the floor. There were voices saying things. “We have to do something! We can’t just sit here and allow them to accuse us of doing something we didn’t intend to do! You’re our leader! Do something!” One of the voices said frustratingly.

It sounded awfully familiar. I wanted to look up but I couldn’t because at that time Kai was constantly looking down.

And before I could even find out what was going on, I or shall I say Kai, was standing near a humungous gate; still with his head down. And of all the things on earth, I felt utter pain on my back. It was excruciating! As if someone was tearing my flesh off me. The ripping sound that broke the silence was awful. It was stinging so bad. and then came another rip. It was clear to me now, that Kai’s angelic wings were being torn off. Both shoulders were pounding like crazy. It’s like you could hear own heartbeat through that wound. And the worst part was that he was just pushed down after that. There was no way he could save himself.

But then everything went blank. I blinked continuously to regain my vision. Kai’s blurry face was already becoming clear now. And when my sight was back to normal, I realized that Kai was holding my palm away from his scars. He was looking at me with sad eyes.

All of a sudden. I just don’t know what came over me, but I broke down then and there.

Kai placed his right hand on my back and brought me closer to him; allowing me to cry on his chest.

I couldn’t stop thinking about the pain that he went through. It was just unbearable.

I took quite a long time to stop crying. At that time, Kai was just twirling my hair with his fore finger as he drew tiny circles with his right hand on my back.

Just as the sadness in me went away, I could feel hot blood rushing to my cheeks when I realized how nice it felt to be extremely close to Kai.

Calming down, I backed away and muttered, “Thanks.”

I then looked up at him. Though the sadness in me was gone I could still see it in his eyes. I tilted my head to look at his scars again. They were so deep and had a slight hint of red all around it.

“Why did they do it?” I asked.

He sighed. “My batch of angels and I were accused of associating with Lucifer.”

“Lucifer…as in the devil?”

“Yeah. Sounds crazy but these things are real. They do exist,” he said with a sad smirk.

“B-but…you didn’t right?”

“Didn’t what?” he asked blankly.

“You weren’t working with the devil right?” Despite how stupid and crazy it sounded, I didn’t find it weird at all. Maybe I would have a few days ago. But after what happened today, it just seems so normal.

“Do I look like a person who would?” Kai asked jokingly. He was the same old Kai in the library today.

“No,” I answered quietly.

He ruffled my hair as he said, “Well yeah I didn’t. We didn’t. But there was no proof of—” He trailed off as I winced in pain.

 All the running and action earlier sure did hurt me like hell. I then realized that every part of me was screaming pain.

“Gosh, your injury is so bad,” Kai said panicking, examining my arms and my legs. “They could get infected easily!” He stood up and put on his shirt.

Now that he was reacting like, I’ve gotta say that it does hurt like hell but instead of saying that, I said, “Oh, I’m fine.”

Kai snickered. “There’s no use of lying to me now that I can read your mind.”

I blushed. “Is that what every fallen angel can do? Read people’s mind?” I asked curiously, looking up at him.

“Not really. In fact, I didn’t know that I was able to do that until that day you followed me.”

“When you were playing pool?” I asked trying to confirm.

“Yep. You were cheering for me,” he said smiling. Then he bent down and held my right palm. “Can you walk?” he asked.

I tried using his hand as help for me to get on my feet but felt like dying when the pain in my wounds were searing through my skin. “Ouch!” I yelped falling back.

But Kai caught me before I landed on the ground. “You’re in worst condition then I thought you were in. Here—” He slid his left arm below my legs and the other hand under my back; carrying me in bridal style.

I seriously thank God that it’s night and everything is like so freaking dark except for the bright moon; because I sure didn’t want Kai to see me blushing like this.

“Close your eyes if you get scared,” He said in an excited tone.

“W-why in the wor—” I couldn’t even finish my question when all I could feel was the wind against my face and the sound of Kai panting as he ran.

This was the first time in my entire life, that I’ve ever seen someone run as fast as him. He was just super fast. But as he continued, he started to slow down.

He must’ve been trying to show-off his running skills earlier.

Kai chuckled. “Yeah, I was.”

“Yah! Stop reading my mind!” I whined like a small kid.

“I can’t help it. I like reading your mind.”

We were both quiet after that. Occasionally, he will stop at places and tell me things like, “This place is filled with wild boars,” or ,“There are loads of daffodils here.”

“Oh! Daffodils?! I love them!” I exclaimed.

“I’ll take you there someday,” Kai said smiling.

After a few minutes, we arrived at a building. It looked really familiar.

“Our school is a few blocks away from here,” Kai said.

Oh! This is the old school building. Kai lives here?

“Yep. I still don’t have a proper house yet.”

He then carried me to a room and placed me on a bed. “Wait…I’ll be back.” He vanished and then appeared with a box in his hand. And started tending to my wounds. It really felt good that I didn’t realize that I was falling asleep.

 


 

A/N: so yeah...now Yon Jei knows a lil bit about Kai...so YAY!!(lame i know ==')

anyways,

@xAnDeRbAbY thanks for subbing to Infected...i seriously love u!!

@luluhanhan don't die yet! there's more to come LOL XD

@asianFrustration ikr!! I LOVE IT!! yeah i'm like so eager to read the fourth book!!

and thanks to the new subscribers for subbing!! i <3 u guys!!!

Please don't be a silent reader and comment~~