Chapter 6: Expect

The Hotties and The Beauties

“Hey, Kris. Ready to set the props?” Yixing asked cutely, lightly skipping a little to the older boy.

Kris gave a nervous nod and slowly placed the diary down, fortunately, Yixing did not notice.

The two worked in silence, making the Kris feel awkward. “Hey, Kris?” Yixing called, holding up the prop with one arm. “Pass me the duct tape.”

“Uh, h-here.” Kris said. He held onto the tape with both hands, trembling. That only made a weird expression on Yixing’s face.

“Uh. Thanks…I think.”

Silence again.

Just then, when Yixing was about to take a step off the latter, he misplaced his foot and lost balance.

Luckily, Kris ran as fast as he can and caught the flying boy.

Somehow, Yixing’s arms mysteriously wrapped around Kris’s neck as the older had his arms around Yixing’s waist.

“Y-You alright?” Kris ask, helping Yixing stand up.

“I-I’m fine. Thanks.”

Silence again. The two felt very very awkward and faced away from each other. Yixing was rubbing his left elbow in a flustered way while Kris was wiping the sweat off the back of his neck.

‘I didn’t know Kris was that strong?”

‘Geez, is it hot in here or what?”

“Yixing hyung! Hurry! Hurry!!!” Baekhyun shouted from the doorway. He ran to his hyung.

“Baek, what’s wrong?”

Baekhyun forced a sheet of paper to Yixing’s chest. “Read this.”

With a worried face, Yixing complied. He scrolled all over the sheet and was horrified.

Xi Luhan will be expelled from school if he does not attend class from the start of next week.

He has been absent for almost two months, which is clearly unacceptable. If Xi Luhan does not come to school next week, Nov. 21, 2012, he will be expelled.

“I found this letter in the office. Oh hyung, what should we do?!”

Yixing gulped. “There’s only one thing to do, Baekhyun. We need to get Luhan back. I don’t care if he’s still mad at us. He’s being spoiled.”

“Right hyung. But…how?”

“Don’t worry. I have a plan. First, kidnap Sehun. Use this.” Yixing said, holding up a frying pan and tossing it to his dongsaeng.

The younger tilted his head. “Where did he get this from?” He mumbled. “Well. Off to Sehun.”

~

Luhan sighed for the 8,888.1st time on his bed. Pictures of happy memories with his best friends kept recurring in his mind.

At first, he thought he was just over reacting. Kyungsoo and Suho were just cleaning. There’s nothing wrong with that. But then what happened with Yixing, is just something he can’t explain.

Just then, there was a knock on the door, followed by a maid by Luhan’s permission.

“Master. Someone is here to see you.” She said before leaving with a bow.

Tired, Luhan walked down the long stairs, ruffling through his hair. “Aish, who--?” He stopped when a familiar face stood in front of him. “W-Wu YiFan!?”

“Huh? You live here?”

Luhan sighed and pointed to the front of door that reads, ‘Xi Residence.’

“Hahaha, small world, huh?”

“Shut up and tell me why you’re here.”

“There’s a big problem.”

Luhan sighed the second time. “I’m busy right now; I’ll ignore you another time, okay?”

“You’re going to be expelled!”

“…”

“If you don’t come to school next week, the principal is going to expel you. Don’t you care at all?”

“Not really. I’m planning to move back to China anyway.”

“What?” Kris shouted. ‘Shoot, if this keeps up, I’ll mess up the plan. Aish, going onto plan B.’  “Hey, Luhan.”

BAM!

~

“Argh, where am I?” Luhan groaned. He sat up in unfamiliar surroundings and looked around.

He was scared, but the second he turned to a figure next to him, he was even more scared.

“EEEP!!!!!!”

Sehun woke up from his sleep and rubbed the back of his head. “God, this hurts. I feel like I got hit by a frying pan.” He said and the second he opened his eyes, Luhan threw an chalkboard eraser at him.

“What are you doing here?!” Luhan shouted at the younger boy.

“Ow. Geez, right on the nose. Do you play baseball or something?”

“Answer me!”

“Well, this is what happened.”

Flashback

Baekhyun walked up to the younger boy who was drinking bubble tea. “Hey Sehunnie~ how are you?~”

“Uh…fine, thanks?”

“Well that’s great. Hey, let me tell you a secret.”

“That you’re holding a frying pan?”

“How’d you know?!”

“It’s right behind you.”

“…”

“…”

“…”

“…”

Bam!

“And that’s what happened.” Sehun explained, scratching the back of his head once more.

The older boy nodded and clarified that the same thing happened to him as well. “Well, hate to chat with you, but gotta go.” Luhan said, switching love to hate and walked to the door.

But something was wrong.

“It’s not opening.” Luhan pointed out as he pulled and pushed the door. “Dammit, come on!”

Getting back to his senses, Sehun gently pulled Luhan back and tried to open the door himself, but had no use.

“Great. We’re stuck in here. And to make matters worse, with you. Aish.”

“Hey, what’s wrong with being with such a cute guy with lisp?”

“Everything.”

“Ouch.”

“Good.”

As Luhan tried to find other ways out, Sehun just sat in the corner, playing with his phone. The older boy sighed and turned to the stupid lisp kid.

“WHAT THE HELL!? YOU HAVE A CELL PHONE AND YOU DIDN’T EVEN USE IT?! DAMMIT, CALL SOMEONE!”

“But I have no signal.”

“…Calm down Luhan. Don’t bust his head apart. Don’t bust his head apart.” Luhan told himself and gave Sehun a warm smile. “Alright then.”

He checked the window, but they were too high and no one would hear them shout. He checked the cabins for any keys but no use.

“Hey I found something.”

“Is it a way out?”

“Not really, there’s like a stash of food here. You hungry?”

Luhan sighed again. “Well, it seems like we’ll be stuck here for a long time anyway.”

“Oh! And I found a blanket! And a TV set. Wait! Is that an XBOX?!”

“Wait, so there’s food, a blanket, a TV set, and an XBOX but there’s no way out? What kind of world do I live in? Sehun, smash the XBOX at the wall to see if it opens.”

“WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH AN XBOX COST?!”

“As long as I didn’t buy it. Now smash it.”

“I refuse.”

“Aish.” Luhan plopped down next to Sehun. He curled his legs up to his chest. “I guess we are going to be here for a long time.”

“Want a cookie?”

“Huh, oh, thanks.” Luhan said, yawning after munching on his cookie.

Sehun just smiled at the cute action and placed the blanket around the two of them. “If you want to sleep, you can lean on my shoulder if you want to.” He said that made Luhan blush a little.

“T-Thanks…but I don’t feel like sleeping…”

“Alright…let’s watch some TV!”

Before Luhan could answer, Sehun had already inserted the only disc into the player and pressed play.

At first, Luhan thought it would be one of the stupid, boring, sappy movies but it was something way different.

“Hi Hyung! It’s Baekhyunnie here. We, Beauties, made a special video as an apologize for you.

Hyung, I’m really really sorry for everything that had happened. Seeing all my friends fight is not a good sight to watch. I hope you will---

Okay! You had your time, it’s my turn!

But Yixing hyung, I wasn’t finished!

Life’s tough, sonny. Anyway, Luhan ge. I’m so sorry for acting that way towards you. It’s just that, you’re my best friend and you were over reacting to the situation. I’m really sorry and I hope you can forgive me. I want to be friends again. Beauties forever!

Yes. Finally my turn. You guys took forever! So, yeah, hi HYUNG! I miss you sooo much and I’m sooo sooo sooo sooo sooo sorry for what I’ve done. I was childish and stupid. Please forgive me!”

Luhan hyung! Come back! We’re sorry and we love you!”

By now, Luhan was full of tears. They wouldn’t stop coming out and he sobbed on Sehun’s shoulders.

The taller boy didn’t know what to do at the moment, so he just wrapped his arms around Luhan and patted him before the two fell asleep in each other’s arms.

~

Meanwhile, Yixing, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho and Kyungsoo were downstairs, listening to Luhan and Sehun upstairs through a small hearing device they hid on top of the shelves.

“That was cute.” Baekhyun squealed, crushing his new fashion magazine.

“I’m here. Did I miss anything?” Kris asked, squatting down next to the others. For once, they all were the same height.

“Only the fluffiest thing in the world after puppies and kitties!”

“Alright then…well, I bought ice cream.”

“Ice cream!” Yixing shouted, hugging Kris. “Omg you bought ice cream! What flavor?!”

“Uh, strawberry….?”

“Really?! Omona! Strawberry is my favorite! I love you, love you, love you!” Yixing squealed, hugging Kris to death.

The older boy could only let out a nervous chuckle and turned to Suho who shook his head before biting into his ice cream.

“Hey, guys. Something’s wrong.” Chanyeol said after he heard a loud clash upstairs.

Through the device, Luhan spoke. “Sehun?! Sehun! Oh my god, Sehun wake up! Sehun! Hah, why are there so many blood?! Sehun! Wake up! Sehun! You have to be alright! Sehun!”

The six boys immediately dropped their ice creams and ran upstairs. They quickly unlocked the door and slammed it open; only to find Luhan and Sehun safe and sound with the device in the palms of Luhan.

“What the….”

“Fooled ya.” Luhan said, standing up to the others. “I can’t believe you would do all of this.”

“We’re sorry…but you forgive us, right hyung? We’re truly sorry and we miss you. Please forgive us…”

“Aish, do you really think I’d forgive you after all that’s happened?”

“Hyung…”

“Because I do.” Luhan said with a  smile.

“Hyung?!”

“I’m sorry for acting like a child. I missed the three of you. Yeah you others too.” Luhan said, giving the Beauties a big hug.

“Does this mean the rivalry between us is over?” Baekhyun asked cutely.

“Yepp. Now that everything’s settled, let’s go back to our normal lives!~”

“Shut up, Chanyeol. Not everything is solved.”

“Huh? What do you mean hyung?”

Kris sighed and faced Yixing. “I’m sorry, Yixing. I read your diary and I’m flattered about all you said about me. I uh, I---

“But…I don’t have a diary…”

“What?”

“I don’t have a diary. What are you talking about?”

“But…before…you…huh?!”

A few moments later into the auditorium…

“This isn’t your diary?” Kris asked, holding a very familiar book in his hands but Yixing just shook his head.

“I told you. I don’t have a diary. That must be someone else’s.”

“AH!”

They all turned to Baekhyun.

“That’s my cousin’s diary!”

“What?! Your cousin has a crush on Kris?!?”

“What? No! Ew! He has a crush on some dude name Bang Yongguk. Geez. Crush on Kris, that’s disgusting.”

“Excuse me?”

“Sorry but it’s true.”

Kris rolled his eyes and went back to Yixing. “So…you don’t have a crush on me?”

“No. I don’t.”

“But you said you loved me.”

“When?”

“When I bought ice cream.”

“I was saying I love you to the ice cream, not you.”

“…Oh…omg I’m so sorry I messed everything up. Gosh I must look like a total idiot right now.”

“It’s alright. To make you feel better, you were always in idiot, arraso. Anyway, why were you so nervous that you thought I had a crush on you?”

“I, uh…”

Silence. Everyone just stared at Kris.

“Oh and what were you going to say after when I cut you before?”

“Um….I’ll buy you more ice cream…”

“Really? Chincha? Zhen de ma? (Really?) Ok! Let’s go!” Yixing shouted, dragging Kris to the nearest ice cream shop.

Luhan giggled. He turned to Sehun and smiled. On the other hand, Sehun’s eyes darted to the floor after connecting with Luhan’s and his cheeks lit up.

Baekhyun took notice of this and giggled. “Aw, did Sehunnie put on some makeup? Why is he blushing when he saw Luhan?”

“What?! Who’s blushing?! I’m not blushing!!!”

“YEAH YEAH YEAH.”

“I’M NOT BLUSHING!!!”

~

Later that night, Kris secretly bought a diary and began to scribble his thoughts into it.