Redemption's Chance; Seldom Sorrow Kai one-shot sequel

Redemption's Chance; Seldom Sorrow Kai one-shot sequel

        "You most likely know who I am, because I'd show up at a few family events with Dani. But for those of you who don't, I'm Kim Jong-In or more likely known as Kai. And I...was Dani's boyfriend...until I I made the stupidest choice ever and broke her heart."
        "And now...she's gone," I choked out before tears overflowed my eyes and I ran out the room, my memory speech left unfinished. Violently shaking with anger, I fell to my knees, wishing for Dani to come back. There was so much I hadn't done with her or for her. I didn't get to piggy-back her when she drank too much soju/alcohol. I didn't get to go to Lotte World with her. I didn't even get to say...I love you. I didn't accomplish anything, and yet I threw away everything.
        Letting the melancholy cold air freeze me to my bones, I waited for death to come. Just so once again, even if only for a second, I could see Dani. Alive. Not like she was in the casket of the funeral home now.
--
Two months later:
        "Here, she'd want you to have these," Victoria smiled up at me, placing a small shopping bag in my hands. Shaking the gift, things rattled inside, like books or thin dominoes.
        "Thanks," I mumbled, closing the door behind me. Taking a deep breath, I reached inside the gray gift bag, my hands enclosing around something firm and thin. Searching more around the bag, there were multiple copies of the same shape, the same thing. Pulling out a CD, it was B.A.P's Power. Dani liked B.A.P? Never knew that. My fingers locked around the rest of the CDs pulling them out one by one:
Infinite's "Infinitize"
BIGBANG's "Stand Up"
Super Junior's "It's You"
Bang Yongguk's&Yoseob's "I Remember"
        Sifting through the CD's again, I only now noticed the smudge of marker on my fingers. Squinting closer there was a song circled on one of the CD's. Out of the BIGBANG CD, one song had a black mark around it. "Haru Haru," it read, Haru Haru meaning, Day by Day. Nearly jumping across the room, I placed it in the stereo right away, wanting to know so badly why Dani had specifically marked this song. [http://youtu.be/MzCbEdtNbJ0]
        A piano melody filled the room, the bass from the stereo pounding in my ears. Like the song's lyrics a wave of emotion crashed into me, and I wept for Dani. Begging for god to make her come back.
        After the song ended, I placed the rest of the CD's back into the bag, but not before noticing one I hadn't picked up before. Still in its plastic cover, and unopened was another album. Even though it wasn't even open, on the plastic wrap, circled with a silver Sharpie was Xiah's/Junsu's "Uncommitted." [http://youtu.be/KEo6AdSTVfI]
        I struggled to breathe, my throat dry and my eyes puffy from sobbing. With shaky fingers I ripped open the brand new CD and pressed play.
        "She said I couldn't do it, she said I wasn't faithful, she said I couldn't be committed..." The words played over and over again. Reminding me what I did, what I couldn't do, what I didn't do, and what I deserved.
-
        I'm gonna see her again. I'm going to tell her I love her. I'm going to properly ask for forgiveness. Im going to make things right. No matter the costs or consequences. And with exactly that in mind, Kai jumped off the Han river's bridge, and plunged into the bottomless water to join his love.
-
        "Kai. Wake up," someone was shaking me, urging for me to get up. Groaning, I sat up , my head throbbing with pain. I was alone, in a completely white room, with no furniture or any sign of life. Wait...am I dead? Or alive? Who was talking to me? Did they take me to a physco hospital? Or am I in heaven? If I am in heaven then that means Dani's here! Excited, I stood up too fast, my head still searing with pain. Eager to see my love, I frantically searched for the exit, poking around the walls.
        Unsuccessful, I literally just wished I could escape, and then it happened:
        "Knock, knock" someone said while tapping the wall.
        "Hello? Can you help me get out of here please?" I asked, hurrying to be at Dani's side once again.
      "Hehe, I don't need to," the voice giggled.
        "What? Why not?" I whined, my hope fading. The voice didn't answer, so I leaned on the wall...And fell through it. My body intact but transparent, I didn't waste a moment and ran away to find my love.
-
        Wandering around the all white building, I came to a lobby, with a front desk, like a hotel. Reading the "concierge" sign, I walked up to the receptionist.
        "May I help you?" He questioned, eyeing me up and down.
        "Um...where am I? And where is Dani?"
        "Well I can answer the first question but not the second," He responded sarcastically.
        "Right now, your in Heaven and that Dani lad, who knows," He said rolling his eyes.
        "Well thanks for your help, oh and 'Dani' is a girl, thank you very much," I bickered, irritated by his ignorance. Walking away from the lobby, I entered the elevator, pressing number fourteen because it was Dani's favorite number. Waiting until it stopped I stepped off onto an all black floor, my eyes flashing at the sudden change of color.
        Looking around for another person it was empty, silence my only company. I opened door through door in the endless hallway, all of the rooms containing sleeping or maybe dead patients. Hospitals gowns and machines filled the rooms, along with a body and bed. Shaking my head in dismay, I finally reached the last door in the hall, not even wanting to bother to check if it contained Dani.
        Shrugging, I popped my head through the doorframe, expecting to see an unconscious patient. But I was wrong. Awake, lively, and healthy was Dani, scrolling through songs on her iPod.
        "Dani..." I breathed and walked over to her bedside. She paused her playlist before looking up at me, our gaze's locking in at each other. She reached up to touch my cheek, and our eyes welled up with tears.
        "Ka-Ka...Kai?" She cutely stuttered, the first drop of her tears landing on my hand.
        "Dani" I smiled, and pulled her into a hug.