ii

Love, Me

 

Saturday
January 7th

The end of the first week of the New Year and it was spent celebrating an advanced birthday for her. Nothing extravagant at all – it was just dinner with some friends. It was nice; to be in the merriment of people who cares and infecting laughter within ourselves.

I got her a collection of coloured pens. It was so embarrassingly cheap compared to the make-up and jewellery the rest gave her. I wanted to take it back but she was already using it to scribble on the napkins the moment she got it. It was then I realise how I got the idea of getting her pens – she has this habit of writing down things. Not just that, she writes on any surface. Napkins, table tops, on her forearms. Maybe I’ll buy a notepad for her too. Tomorrow.

Sundays are her sleep in day. I feel depended on seeing her face to make sure my day would go well. I think I’m starting to sound cheesy again. I pray no one would ever read this journal, and thank goodness no one will.

 

Jaeseop                                                                                           

P.S. I just realized she bought me this notebook, seven months ago for my birthday. The first page, in her tiny handwriting, reads: Write plenty, write sincerely. I wait to be wowed by your future compositions, Jaeseop. – Me

I like how she signs off as “me”. Like her identity is a secret only the two of us knows. That makes me feel special, even though she probably didn’t mean it to be.