i. Six Days

Love, Me

 

Sunday

January 1st

Good morning new year. I’m going back to bed. Midnight yesterday was magical and I would relive it again in a heartbeat. Heartbeat – it’s funny how I felt I didn’t have a pulse for those moments when times seems to have melted and there was only the two of us against the darken backdrop with sparks of fireworks ignite the sky. Okay I really am going back to bed now.

Jaeseop.

 

 

Tuesday
January 3rd

Seven days to go until her birthday and I still have no idea what to get her.

Six days ago I should have known she wasn’t someone I would just want to be friends with. I mean, jealousy isn’t something you would feel towards someone you were just friends with right? Right. I’ve always thought I wasn’t the jealous type. Apparently I am, and this is when we’re still just friends. I wonder when we would no longer be just friends

Five hours ago she asked if I would meet her for breakfast today. It’s three in the morning right now. Why am I not sleeping yet?

Four minutes is the average time she takes to reply back a text message. Not that I’m counting or anything.

Three days after the party and I’m still thinking about that three minutes before midnight struck. I hope I wasn’t simply imagining the backs of our hands were brushing against each other. Three minutes of being in pure and utter dilemma as to if I should make a move or not. I’m glad she made the decision for me. Having a girl take the first step should be more common. I like that about her. I like anything and everything about her.

Two – hold on I just re-read that and I’m kind of weirded out how cheesy I am. Oh my God, what have she reduced me to. Anyway. Two cubes of sugar is what goes into her cup of tea. I know this because we spend a lot of time at the coffeehouse she works part-time at and since she knew my “usual”, I asked to know hers so we’d be on the same page. Best conversation starter ever.

One impulsive kiss. Or maybe seemingly impulsive.

Jaeseop.

 

 

Friday
January 6th

Breakfast has become my favourite meal of the day. Probably because it’s the only meal I’d always have someone to eat with (bonus that it’s her).

J