Friends

But I Love You

Aish. I forgot to call her last night. I knew she’d be mad at me. Heck, I’d be grateful if she already didn’t make other plans.

I quickly got out of the elevator and made my way to her room. I knocked. No answer. She probably already went out. How did I forget to call her? I knocked again, hoping that maybe, just maybe she’d be here.

I turned around, ready to leave when the door opened.

“Zelo?” she called out my name.

“Yah! What took you so long to open?” I asked her while walking in her room.

“I was in the shower” she said to me while closing the door.

“Well..” I said, as I noticed she was only wearing a towel to cover herself up.

“Um, let me get dressed” she quickly said with a blush making her way to the bedroom.

Why was it so hot in here? The air conditioner was probably broke. That’s what was going on.

“I’m sorry I didn’t call last night” I yelled at her while getting a glass of water.

“Oh, that’s alright. I wasn’t here anyways” she yelled back.

“Where were you? I thought you didn’t know around here that well” I answered, curious to what she had been doing out so late.

“I went to a fan meeting” she said as if it was nothing.

“I didn’t know you went to those” I replied back.

“Yeah, look!” she said as she walked out handing me a photo.

I spit all the water that I was drinking from the cup out.

“Yah! You’ll get it wet!” she said while taking the picture away from me.

She took her shirt and dried off the few spots of water on it.

“You like Bang Yong Guk?” I asked her.

“Omo, are you a fan too?” she asked, looking up at me.

“W-what?” I asked, surprised that she didn’t tell me anything. I mean we’re in the same band. Why wouldn’t she tell me that she was going to his fan meeting? I would have personally taken her if she had told me.

“Why didn’t you tell me? You could have gone with me and gotten to meet him in person” she told me.

What? What was she talking about? Why would I be a fan of his? Why would I even go to one of his fan meetings?

“We should go to his next one together” she told me as she took the picture back to her room.

How could she recognize him, but not me?

“___, do you know who I am” I asked her, curious if she knew I was in the same band as Yongguk.

“Yeah silly. You’re Zelo. Why are you asking?” she said looking at me with a confused look on her face.

“And..?”  I asked..

“And, you’re my friend.” She said still not understanding why I was asking her this.

Okay. It was official. She knew who he was, but didn’t know who I was. How did she know of him, but not me??

“Nevermind, are you ready?” I asked her. Maybe this was a good thing. Maybe this would keep her out of the media’s eyes. Yeah, it was better this way.

“Yupp, let’s go!” she said with a smile.

I couldn’t help but smile at how excited she looked to go shopping.

It took us all day to find the right dress for her. I thought she looked beautiful in all of them, but she said she had to find the perfect one.

It was starting to get late. I had wanted to take her out for dinner but I knew I had to start heading back to the apartment before everyone else started to worry.

“___, I’m sorry but I can’t send you back.” I told her.

“Don’t worry, it was enough with you taking me out” she said smiling.

“I’ll see you tomorrow?” I asked her.

“Yeah, let’s meet up” she said.

“Let me get a cab for you” I told her, while walking to the road.

“No, it’s alright. I want to walk. I want to enjoy this beautiful night” she said to me.

“Are you sure?” I asked her, worried that something might happen to her.

“Yeah, don’t worry about me. Hurry up and get going. It’s getting later” she told me as she came to give me a goodbye hug.

“Ok, but be careful” I told her while waving bye.

“Ka. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be alright” she said while walking away.

Your POV

Ah. It was nice to be taking a walk. I kept walking straight ahead, when something caught my eyes. It was a beautiful keychain of a camera. I knew who I’d want to give it to. I immediately bought it. I hope he’d like it.

I looked around to see what other small stores where around when I noticed I had gotten lost. I decided to go back the way I came from to find my way back. I ran, afraid of being somewhere I didn’t know when I bumped into someone.

“Ouch!” I yelled as I fell on the ground.

“Sorry” a deep voice said to me.

“It’s alright, I wasn’t looking where I was going” I said as I got up.

“Omo, it’s you.” He said to me. He was wearing a mask to cover half of his face, so I wasn’t sure who it was. I quickly grabbed my bags, ready to make a run for it, when he took his mask off and I saw who it was.

“Bang Yong Guk?” I asked, still unsure I was seeing correctly.

~~~~~~~~~

I know, I know. A short chapter. I'll write a longer one tomorrow. Promise!!