I Choose You, Park Chan-U?!

I Choose You, Park Chan-U?!

A/N: I don't know what I just wrote O_O...but I hope you guys like it anyways. Thanks for subscribing!!! *glomps you all*

 

-

 

 

There comes a time when a man needs to relax himself. When a string is pulled too tight, it will snap. Therefore Baekhyun is determined to loosen himself up after weeks of EXO’s killer promotions. However, there was one problem. He wasn’t the type that could easily sit still and just have an evening nap. That wasn’t relaxing, that would be suffocating for him.

Whilst everyone in the dorm was lounging around, Baekhyun was the only one bouncing on the sofa like a piece of bacon being constantly flipped in a pan.

“Hyung, please sit still.” D.O sighed at his hyung’s playfulness. Like usual, Baekhyun shot him an innocent smile before conforming obediently to his request.

D.O thanked him for being still and resumed back to watching his movie. However, he didn’t notice how Baekhyun kept twitching and fidgeting beside him. The bacon was sizzling!

Baekhyun could take it no longer.

 

 

“I LOST MY MIND,” he sung with all his might, causing D.O to snarl under his breath.

“I bet you have.” He heaved another sigh before leaving the living room with the temptation of making him into a real piece of bacon, so he could burn him until he’s nice and crispy. Yet D.O was never into the idea of cannibalism, hence he had no choice but to restrain himself. Plus, it was likely that he’d over do it so Baekhyun would turn into ash rather than a succulent piece of bacon.

Someone else would do the deed; he finally managed to convince himself so his mind could get some rest.

Suho noticed Baekhyun’s activeness, hence suggested for him to read a book. The latter took the advice promptly and started to read the latest manga he bought.

Things should have gone smoothly…and it would have if Baekhyun didn’t aggravate Kai.

Though it was apparent that Kai should be the one resting the most, he often refuses the offer in order to practice more on his dance routine in the dorm. No one could stop him since there was no way they could tie the poor boy down, as that would be inhumane. Especially if marks where found anywhere on Kai’s precious body, the members would surely be blamed by the managers.

They have also tried giving him sleeping pills; but who would have thought that the kid could ‘sleep-dance’? Kai was unstoppable when it came to dancing…apart from when there’s no room for him to dance.

It just so happens that Baekhyun has an awkward habit of reading whilst walking, therefore disturbing Kai’s practice.

“Hyung!” The young dancer exclaimed as Baekhyun carelessly bumped into him.

“Sorry,” he sung nonchalantly as he remained focus in his manga. “I can’t believe this manga ended just like that!”

“Thank God you’ve finished that,” Kai muttered in an almost inaudible voice.

“I’m going to read another one!”

“Hyung, this place is rather small for you to be reading whilst walking around. Especially since…YOU’RE NOT LOOKING WHEN YOU WALK! Do you have any idea how you almost broke Suho hyung’s pottery?!” The dancer yelled as his arms flailed in an exasperated manner.

“That’s not pottery, Kai,” he simply replied. “It’s…er…I don’t even know what to call it.” He tried to examine the object in Kai’s hands, tracing his fingers along it’s grey surface. “Looks like dung to me.”

A ghostly whimpering could be heard in the background as Suho swooned onto the sofa.

“That,” Kai began with an irritated expression plastered on his face. “…was hyung’s pride and joy.”

Baekhyun merely shrugged and placed Suho’s precious piece of dung pottery back to its original place. He eyed Kai, who seemed to be annoyed at him as he raised an eyebrow with his arms crossed. Slowly and carefully, Baekhyun leant closer, giving the item a small peck, hoping it would somehow make up for the ‘disrespect’ he had for Suho’s piece of dung pottery.

He then awkwardly moved onto his next victim to annoy; Sehun. It was never intentional, of course. But that was the way all the other members viewed it. It was his mission in life to get on everyone’s nerves. Luckily, they were all males. If they were all females then they would probably let Baekhyun get away with murder, seeing how he had one of those baby faces.

“What do you want?” The youngest sighed whilst tapping his fingers away on his mobile. Baekhyun peeked over his shoulders and as if Sehun could read his mind, he told him that he was texting Luhan.

“Oh! What are you guys talking about?”

“Oh, nothing. Just telling him how you’re annoying everyone in the dorm and how it’s not the schedules that are exhausting, it’s actually you who exhausts us.”

“How do I do that?” He gasped innocently.

“You work wonders. You’re like a cute face energy er.”

“I’m THAT special.” He grinned proudly as he dropped his head onto Sehun’s shoulder.

“Yes.” The magnae replied monotonously, to which Baekhyun concluded that he must be the dullest, unenergetic magnae in the kpop industry.

“Sehunnie,” Baekhyun cooed. “Are you sending love messages to Luhan hyung?”

Sehun felt his eyes and fist twitch simultaneously. He never enjoyed the attention people kept giving to the ‘hunhan couple’. Baekhyun always managed to pluck the right strings. It was a gift, he supposed. If Baekhyun wasn’t a part of EXO, Sehun knew he wouldn’t be able to resist throwing him a punch.

“No.” Sehun sighed to alleviate the anger built inside of him.

“Maybe you should write a love poem to him!”

“Go awa-”

“Bestow me with your divine presence.
The air is thinning in your absence,” Baekhyun spoke dramatically as attempted to be ‘poetic’.

“Oh the air is thin, alright.” The magnae clenched his teeth, as he tried his best to breathe regularly.  Kai sensed a war brewing in the living; hence he sneakily hid inside his room. Sehun was literally fuming with smoke coming out of his nostrils.

“Oh! You’re blushing!”

“I’m.Not.Blushing. It’s called being ANGRY YOU STUPID PIECE OF GREASY EXCUSE OF A BACON!” He growled fiercely, causing Baekhyun to instinctively hide behind the couch.

Sehun was like some kind of dinosaur, hungry for food. Suho saw this and immediately held him down before he had a chance to devour Baekhyun up whole. Though Suho had also wanted to get rid of Baekhyun, he would rather not explain the aftermath to their managers.

 

 

 

-

 

Thirty minutes later, the four members gathered around the dining table for a meeting.

 

“Right, we must do something about,” Suho glanced at the back of the room where Baekhyun was sulking whilst drawing imaginary circles on the ground. “…that thing.” He pointed.

“I think I saw a piece of wooden chip coming out of the floor.” D.O’s eyes widened at the sight. Baekhyun was trying to dispose the broken piece of flooring ‘discretely’.  The 93-er could feel his head spin at how Baekhyun was wrecking the house.

“We need a plan,” Sehun suggested with his usual stoic expression. “…and fast.”

“I’ve got an idea!” All attention was then on Kai. “How about setting him up with a date?”

“Have you forgotten we’re idols?” Suho raised an eyebrow.

“Oh…oh yeah…you’re right…idols…” The dancer murmured apprehensively. It was hard to believe Baekhyun was an idol; that was for sure.

“There’s an anime exhibition tomorrow. I have a friend who works there…I’ve asked him to reserve me some tickets.” The leader explained, instantly brightening the other’s faces.

“Oh! Great plan! And Baekhyun can cosplay so the fan girls won’t notice him!” D.O exclaimed.

They all nodded in agreement, before finally disclosing it to Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun, do you like anime? My friend has these tickets, but I don’t want to go. Do you think…?” The leader trailed midway once he noticed how his friend was sniffling. Did he make it too obvious that he was unwanted in the dorm? Was he too harsh? Did Baekhyun overhear their conversation? “Baekhyun, it’s not like that.” He tried to console him.

“I…I don’t know what to say…”

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun wiped off a fake tear. “I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!” He flung his body towards his leader, crashing onto him, leaving him dumbstruck. “I’ve always wanted to go to an anime event! Oh my God! They’ll be so many cosplayers and goodies, right? Who should I cosplay as? Oh my God I’m so excited!” He jumped up and down like a little puppy that is eager to get a treat.

The rest of the members sighed in relief, glad that Baekhyun would finally leave the dorm.

“But wait…Chanyeol hyung doesn’t know about this. Where is he anyways?” Kai asked D.O in a small whisper.

As if on cue, Chanyeol entered the dorm with his usual awkward grin.

“I’M BACK!” He roared in his low voice, shaking up the whole room. “I just came back from an audition guys! And guess what?! There was a really cute little kitten there that kept following me around and well…”

As he continued to babble on, Kai glanced at the others with lazy eyes.

 

 

“Yeah…let’s get rid of him too.”

 

 

-

 

 

On the day of the exhibition, Baekhyun had already prepared his costume.

He decided that he would role play Satoshi (Ash Ketchum) from Pokemon, seeing how he already have the cap which he bought years ago. It was also the easiest to cosplay, since it didn’t really require anything fancy.

After changing into his outfit, he slowly gelled his hair, so the sides would stick out.

Once he was satisfied with his look, he picked up his pokeball and started posing in front of the full-length mirror he and Chanyeol shared.

Since he was comfortable with his appearance, he decided to try one of the infamous lines in the anime.

“I choose you!” He held his pokeball in front.

 

“I choose you, Park Chan-U?!”

 

 

Baekhyun’s eyes almost fell out of his sockets when he saw Chanyeol beside him in a Pikachu kigurumi*.

“Pika-pi,” said Chanyeol in his attempt to speak in a higher tone…but failed.

The elder of the two continue to gaze at him in astonishment.

“What…on earth,” he muttered in disbelief. “YOU CREEP! WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING?!”

“Going to the anime exhibition with you?”

“No! You’re this…GIANT Pikachu! I can’t have you following me around! Everyone is going to notice you since you stick out like a sore thumb!” He exclaimed drastically.

The tall member immediately ran to his side of the room and dished out a pair of sunglasses, putting them on.

Baekhyun was in hysterics seeing how he was wearing sunglasses in a…Pikachu kigurumi.

“Oh, come on!”

His laughter slowly died down when he thought of walking down the streets with…a bright yellow, tall Pikachu with a scary deep voice.

“But…Pikachu is meant to be small! He’s meant to be smaller than Satoshi!” He pouted cutely. “You’re a scary Pikachu.”

“But it’ll be fun,” Chanyeol cooed. “Besides, the others don’t really want us around. So let’s just play along.”

Baekhyun sighed in defeat. He knew the others didn’t want him bothering them, but all the things he did were ways of him showing his affections. He couldn’t help being overly energetic. It was just the way he was. The same goes to Chanyeol.

“Fine. Keep those sunglasses on! We don’t need fan girls chasing after us. Though I think you’re even more noticeable with them on. You’re like a gangster Pikachu! Is there nothing else you can wear?”

“PIKACHU!” He tried to squeal like how Pikachu did when he used thunderbolts on his opponents. Baekhyun cringed like he never cringed before.

“Fine! Keep your Pikachu! Just don’t do that!” He rubbed his arms where goosebumps were formed from his abnormally deep voice trying to be Pikachu.

“You should remove your makeup. No one would realise it’s you!” Though Baekhyun was extremely pissed with Chanyeol’s statement, it was somewhat true. Baekhyun looked completely different without his makeup.

“Oh I wish I am Pikachu right now so I can use thunderbolts on you.”

“Because Pikachu is so amazing!”

It didn’t take long before Baekhyun had fully removed his makeup.

“Pika-pi, now let’s go. Pika!”

“NO PIKA! NO MORE GANGSTER PIKAS!” Baekhyun admitted he was facing a mental breakdown for the very first time.

 

-

 

Everyone stared at them as if they were some sort of aliens. It was difficult not to. Wouldn’t you stare if you saw a 184cm tall, bright yellow Pikachu with sunglasses in broad daylight?

Once they reached the anime exhibition, they found Suho’s friend who kindly let them in. They went wild like animals when they saw all the anime merchandise and cosplayers roaming around. Both of them jumped up and down like five-year-olds until they saw…

 

A giant in a panda kigurumi.

Chanyeol went up to the panda, as his gut instincts told him it was someone he knew.

“Pika-pi!” He screeched, pointing to the panda with a shaky finger. “It’s…YOU…Pika.”

Baekhyun remained confused until he went to take a closer look at the giant panda too.

“What are you doing here?!”

 

 

 

“Buuing buuing. Hello,” Tao sung as he tried to be cute. “You guys got kicked out of the dorms too?”

“You got kicked out?” The Baekyeol couple spoke in unison.

“Well, yeah. Because I kept bothering Duizhang to buy me Gucci…he talked to Suho hyung who suggested leaving me in the anime exhibition.” The Chinese magnae pouted. “But I’m not alone. Chen is also with me, because he couldn’t stop singing in the dorms.”

“So this anime exhibition has turned into a home for the EXO outcasts.” Baekhyun folded his arms. “So what did Chen come as?”

“As himself. No disguises whatsoever. I think he enjoys the attention he gets from fans, so I’m trying to avoid him. But then again, I don’t think people believe he’s an idol. No one has gone up to him.” Tao explained, pointing to Chen who was casually looking at all the games.

“Pika-pi. He is certainly amazing! Pika!” Chanyeol adjusted his sunglasses whilst nodding frantically.

“Stop.Doing.That!” Baekhyun gritted his teeth. “Surly I wasn’t as annoying as you! Why did they have to send me here with you?!” He whined. Though he was happy to be in the anime paradise, he wasn’t exactly happy with the fact that he was unwanted in the dorm.

Tao patted Baekhyun on the back as a way to console him. As if his efforts seen, Baekhyun’s eyes glistened. Unfortunately, Tao wasn’t the reason for his change of attitude; it was Baekhyun discovery of Chanyeol’s Pikachu tail.

He pulled on the tail teasingly. Chanyeol thought it was cute how he was able to entertain himself by just pulling a tail. However, after pulling on it for half an hour, it was Chanyeol’s turn to be pissed.

“PIKA-PI! AND YOU WONDER WHY THEY WANT TO KICK YOU OUT OF THE DORM! PIKACHUUUUUUU!!!!”

 

 


 

Author's note: Well, that's it folks. Sorry if it's lame or if it's not what you expected. (I certainly didn't expect there to be so little baekyeol...it's more like another baekhyun one-shot...>>) I never really planned on writing a comedy fic. But since exoplanetarium asked for a comedy fic, I mustered every ounce of creativity I have right now to write this >> 

I've also been working on a HunHan short story for a while...but don't really know if I should continue writing it since I have one on-going fic and one currently on hiatus. I don't know~ Anyone interested in a hunhan one-shot from me??

But yeah~ thanks for reading :) 

Please comment so I know your opinions on this fic :)

Thank you~~

Baekyeol loves you~

* a pikachu kigurumi