FINAL

My Boy, A Girl?

 

“You’re pretty, yes. But I’m prettier.” Luhan said as he fixed his bangs and I felt chills crawling up my legs. How could a handsome guy like him talk in that way?

 

Luhan was well… You know? A GAY. HOMO. GUY LOVER. MANEATER?

I met him a year before and I find him really HANDSOME. Some ajhummas would even mistake him as a girl when we walk around the city. He’s really good at aegyo and for some time, I felt really disturbed by it because he looked really HANDSOME. REALLY. AS IN REALLY. (Okay, you may start counting the REALLY)

I don’t get it, why did God take away all the handsome guys and turned them into something… UNMANLY? Here he was, in front of me, not aware that his presence was quite disturbing me. He attempted to do another aegyo in front of me again and I dismissed him with a snob. His identity is a secret because our school despises homoual students. Hell, I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT THIS. And oh dear, how was I going to explain to him that he is not a girl? And that he’s better a being guy than scaring off guys and GIRLS?

 

“Have you fallen in love with a girl?” I asked him after some time as we sat on the cold floor of a vacant class room.

“No, I haven’t.” he answered straight. WOW, direct to the point.

“Have you tried?” I asked again, and tried to dig in deeper. I sipped my soda and looked him.

“No. Hell, no.” he laughed out loud after he sipped his half-empty soda.

“Why?”

“Because I find Kai handsome.” He answered and I choked into my soda.

“You what?!”

“I find Kai handsome. And don’t tell anyone about this because I might get caught. And you know what? I love it when he walks around in the locker room after P.E.” He answered directly. After that, he gave me an evil smile which caused me to knock my soda off.

“You act like Brian Joo and Jo Kwon when they’re drunk.” I tried to change the topic.

“Oh, I like them too!” he answered. Oh my, I have to do something or else.

“Say, have you ever kissed a girl?” I asked and looked into his eyes. I leaned closer to him.

“Wh-what?” he asked, dumbfounded. He tried to move away but I leaned much more.

“Let’s play a game. I’ll ask you a question and you must answer. If you can’t, then you have to kiss me on the lips.” This was the game my friend suggested to me a while ago. I told her about Luhan and she insisted I do this. She told me this was the only way to ‘convert’ a person like him. Now, I was definitely motivated to turn this gay into a guy. And I have to win.

“W-why this game? Can’t I just kiss other guys?” he asked, trying to cool off a bit.

“No, you can’t.” I answered and rolled my eyes. I scooped in closer and when he tried to get away, I pulled him near me.

“Trust me, I won’t tell anyone about this. I’m your friend. And hey, at least you will be able to brag that you already kissed a lot of girls.” I excused and winked at him.

“But, if I kiss you…”

“What?”

“Then you have to close your eyes.” He shyly said.

“Okay. So, let me ask you –“ I said and noticed that he was trying his best to concentrate.

Have you ever fantasized about guys?” I asked and looked deeply into his eyes.

 

His next move was unexpected because he looked into my eyes as he leaned in closer and kissed me directly on the lips. My eyes were wide open and I saw him close his. His hand covered my eyes, maybe trying to remind me that I should also close mine. He was definitely enjoying the moment, and so was I. TEEHEE~ We kissed for a while and I felt his hand slip away from my face and travelled down, lower, and slowly and his hand landed on my fingers that was holding something really hard. He broke off the kiss and looked at me.

 

“You’re going to break my leg if you continue to do that.” He pointed towards my hand that was grabbing his right leg.

“Oops, I’m sorry.” I smiled and looked at him.

“Wow, what a first.” He muttered.

“What? What first?”

“You’re my first kiss.” He timidly answered.

“WHAT?! I took away your first kiss? I thought you kissed other girls than me?” my ears did not believe what they heard.

“I did not say. You only concluded that.” He reasoned and stuck out his tongue at me. Too childish but so cute.

 

“Okay, okay. That doesn’t matter. Ask me another question.” He insisted. I could feel he wanted to kiss me again. And I could feel I wanted to kiss him again.

“Okay—“ I said and cleared my throat.

“Tell me something I don’t know.” I asked him and leaned in closer again.

 

“I’m not gay.” He answered as he looked at me intensely.

“YOU WHAT?!” I asked again and moved farther away from him, I only wanted to make sure I heard the right thing.

“I’m not gay.”

“FALSE. You are, you’re just having an identity crisis right now and you don’t know what to do.” I started to gather my books and prepared to stand up.

“Lemme explain.” He took my hand and pulled me down.

“Okay, go. And try to convince me because if you can’t, I’ll tell the whole world you’re gay.”

“Actually, everyone in school knows that I told you I’m gay. They thought it was cute.” He smirked.

“You actually made a fool out of me?! How could you!” I stood up and again, he pulled me down.

“Let me talk, okay?” he insisted and I shut my mouth.

 

“Okay, here it goes.” He cleared his throat and continued.

“When I first saw you, my jaw dropped. You were really pretty and I did not know how to get close to you. My friend suggested I pretend to be gay and I did because I desperate for your attention. I spent all my time trying to act girly but the real truth was I only wanted to hang out with you and get closer to you. This –“ he pointed towards the ground, “Is actually my plan.”

“Can you please sum it up a bit? I don’t get it anymore.” I said. Oh my, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

“Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, I’m not gay cause I like you baby.” He sang and smiled at me.

“Get it now?” he continued on.

“Wait, you said this was your plan and you pointed towards the ground. What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked again, I wanted to clarify because my thoughts were too breezy.

“I told your friend to tell you to start this game. Everything was scripted.” He answered directly, he felt like a genius, for chicken’s sake.

“YOU COULD HAVE JUST ASKED ME OUT YOU DIMWIT! I FIND YOU VERY HANDSOME TOO!” I spilled out.

“And you like me too?” he asked again, smile hidden on his lips.

“OF COURSE! Why would I play this game with you if I’m not motivated to turn you into a guy?” I reasoned out and I heard him chuckle.

“Okay, I like you, you like me. You’re a girl and hey, I’m straight guy. Will you go on a date with me?” he said as he stood up and held out his hand for me.

“Of course, I will. You selfish, gay-mannered person.” I answered, held his hand and stood up.

 

“So, you wanted to kiss me from the start?” I asked and smiled at him evilly.

“Yes. But I did not know how to.” He shyly said and continued to hold my hand.

“And hey, you finally did. Thanks to my own motivation.” I sarcastically inserted.

“But, hey you like me that’s why.” He stuck out his tongue at me again and I couldn’t help but smile.

 

We left the empty room and walked outside, still holding hands. All our friends and schoolmates knew already.

I fell into his little trap but still I was happy. Who wouldn’t be?

 

The guy I was dating was a straight one ;)