Awestruck

Meeting You

Dongjun's POV

It was early in June when I started going to this wretched school. Everyone just has this air of boastfulness around them which makes me feel oh so uncomfortable. Everyone is at each other's throats to be at the top and well, I don't wanna be one of those people.

The morning of my first day, I had prepared my uniform, a white button up shirt, a black pair of pants, and then this dark blue blazers. I wore some new black leather shoes my mom had gotten me as some sort of reward for passing. (She also got me a laptop, which was a bonus for my effort) They fit me really well and I took around ten minutes just looking at my reflection in the mirror. I played with my facial expression until I heard my mom tell me to get down and go to school already.

I went to school on a bus and it was almost always a sad ride, as I was always alone going to school. I got off my usual stop and I walked from there.

I had entered this school hoping to fulfill my parent's wish of getting a school void of tuition fees, but can still provide the best form of education, and of course, I worked my off to pass the entrance exam in this school. I was smart back in my old school, and though I felt really apprehensive, I wasn't really surprised when I passed the first screening of the exam (not to meantion I found it easy), the second screening and lastly interview portion of the school. I got in and was included in the cream section to boot.

My first day was a really mediocre one. It was comparable to my first at my old school. No special celebrations, everything was the same, besides of course my new uniform, new classmates, practically everything concerning our appearance was different. I was made to wear my hair short back then as part of some weird school rule, but here I wear my hair at medium length, stopping around my ears further accentuating my diamond face. 

Well anyway, they made us line up according to our sections and being one of the top 10% of the batch, I lined up at the leftmost part of the covered court along with some other kids who I could tell really were smart. I puffed my cheeks, as I felt intimidated already. I glanced around looking at people. That was when I first caught sight of this angel. He was really tall and his skin was really fair. He had jet black hair that was ruffled and it grew to around below his ears. He turned around and we met each other's gaze. I was surprised and turned away ashamed of myself. I had been staring at this guy for around 10 minutes and I'm not even gay! I sigh heavily and wait for the rest of the teacher's (who I didn't notice had gotten onto the stage) next directions.

Hyungshik's POV

I didn't really want to go to this school, it was what my mom wanted and well I didn't find anything wrong about it at first, but now, damn. I didn't expect it to be this hot, and everyone is cramping into this court. Can't they just move us into our rooms already?

I used to study at this Computer College, and I graduated a Valedictorian too. I took the exam without exerting any effort, as I only entered because my mom asked me to. I looked around and everyone was wearing their hair short. I don't like having short hair, it's just too mainstream. Glancing around again I see this guy at the far left. Probably one of the smart ones. But unlike most of the other students, he was wearing his hair long, just a bit shorter than mine. He had an amazing aquiline nose and his lips were pursed as if he was holding in his breath or something. I chuckles a little as he puffed his cheeks. I look away but I found myself looking at him again, but this time he was looking at me too. He looks away but I keep my gaze on him. I study him from head to toe, and I notice his amazingly bulgy arms. How old is this guy? 17? From the looks of it, this guy probably works out a lot, and I bet he's got abs to boot. I've been so biually curious for so long I don't mind thinking about things this way anymore. I avert my gaze, fix my blazer and listen to the teacher at front, who I didn't notice come along, drabble on about rules and what we should do next.

We were then shown to our rooms. I was on the 3rd line from the left, and the angel I was observing a while ago was on the first. I walk along with my line onto our rooms which wasn't very far, keeping an eye on the guy I had seen a while ago. His line went along with the second line as their rooms were situated above our room. I watched him as he moved slowly with his line up the blue staircase. I revert my gaze to the ground to watch where I was going, the image of the boy stuck in my mind the entire time.

Dongjun's POV

Our room was separated from all the other rooms. Damn! I had so wanted to see that boy more often. I swear the entire time the teacher was talking, it only looked like I was paying attention, but my mind was fixed on imprinting that angelic face on my mind. I was suddenly surprised to find everyone on my line approaching a white building, and then climbing up this blue staircase. I look to the right and behind this second blue staircase, I see the boy from a while ago looking at the ground deep in thought. Could I really be turning gay over this guy? Nah. I've only known seen him for what, 20 minutes? This was probably infatuation.

The woman from the covered court entered our room, telling us that our adviser would arrive shortly. The class waited silently until a woman dressed in black entered the room. 

"Good morning everyone, I am Ms Lee Chae Rin, but please call me Ms. L, as this is what I have been called in the ten years that I was here" She said.

I was thoroughly surprised. This woman did not look like she had worked for ten years!

"I will be your teacher in English for ten months, so I hope we have a good, clean and respectful year ahead of us. And with that, shall we begin?"

Everyone knew what would come next. The dreaded introductions. I had stupidly chosen the chair up front and of course, I was chosen first.

"Hello there young man. Why don't you kick off this year with your beautiful voice?" She said reaching out to me. I stood and walked a few steps to the middle of the platformand bowed my head gently.

"Good morning everyone, I am Kim Dongjun and I transferred to Seoul Imperial High from Seoul Royal Academy. I am turning 15 years old this coming October 29. My favorite subject is english, I love sports, as well as writing and singing."

My classmates slowly clapped their hands as I made my way to my chair again. I kept my eyes on the window, once again thinking of the boy from a while ago, ignoring my fellow classmates as they took their turns droning on about who they were as slowly as I did. I kept on thinking about what the boy was doing in their own classroom.

The day slowly progressed with us meeting our other teachers, leaving us with 10 subjects, which would be distributed evenly across the week, and with each day having 9 hours of school time. Well I guess this would be the start of an entirely new year and an entirely new environment.

We were given a 30 minute break at 9 in the morning. My classes start at 7 in the morning, so I wasn't really that hungry. I decided to stay in my room, along with some other kids. There were 4 of us in there. I remember one of them was named Moon Junyoung as I heard his name when he introduced himself. I decided to strike up a conversation.

"So, how did you decide to study in this school?" I asked

He looked up, a feeling of surprise obvious in his eyes. "Umm, my school tells the graduating class about this school every year, and they make sure we prepare well." he replied.

"Wow, I got into this school thanks to my mom's pestering. I didn't think an entire school was keen on making their students study here. Not that I find that wrong or anything."

"Well it's always been like that at our school, it's like if you were to fail entrance into this school, you would be different from everybody else."

"Oh is that so?"

Our conversation went on until the entire 30 minutes was spent talking about our old school, what we think our next days would be like and how we feel about the multitude of teachers we would be having.

My first day had finally ended and I was really tired. Besides the school being different from my old school, it was also considerably far. I would have to walk all the way to the side of a mall, and then ride a bus from there. I get off the bus infront of a hospital, then again walk a considerable distance all the way to our subdivision, before I can finally rest and play a few games.

It would seem, this year would be very eventful and I also thought it would be fun.

The following months definitely proved me wrong.