Chapter 25

How SM Town Changes One's Life

-Beis’(your) pov-

I frowned as tears started forming in my eyes again “What about your career, Yixing? What if you get fired?” I worried about yeobo’s dreams and future. I know it means a lot to him and how hard it must be to choose between two things you love.

“If staying in the company means not being able to be with you then screw it! You’re mine and I’m not giving you up!” He shook his head stubbornly.

“What if you can’t be in Exo and Exo-M anymore? What if you’re taken away from your members, your best friends, your brothers?” I broke down in tears not accepting even the idea of their separation, they are his best friends. He needs them just like they need him, Was I going to be the reason they’ll part? I’m a bad person, really!

He locked his head with mine looking into my eyes and smiling. “They’ll always be my best friends, even if I won’t be there anymore.” He then wiped my tears and embraced me into his arms warmly “Baby don’t cry~ cry~” he sang my favourite song, swinging me to calm down. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes at his melodious voice. ‘I want to sleep so bad right now!’ I thought before drifting away to sleep.

-Lay’s pov-

“Yeobo, are you feeling better?” I whispered to Beis’ ear after finishing the song. She’s not answering me. ‘Is she still crying? Maybe I shouldn’t have sang that song.’ After a few moments I pulled back slowly only to see that my princess was happily sleeping with her cute gummy smile on her face. I chuckled “That was a tiring day for the both of us!” I whispered and pecked her forehead before wrapping my arms around her protectively securing her before getting up slowly and carrying her to the car to go home.

-Back at the company-

-3rd person’s pov-

“Nae hyung! Where are you?” Luhan answered Suho’s call.

“We’re at the building’s entry! Is Kris there?” said Suho from the other line.

“He went to pick up manager hyung!” Answered back Luhan.

-A few minutes later-

“Where’s that punk?” hissed Tao earning a smack on his head by Luhan.

“Gege~” He whined rubbing his head. Taeyeon hugged him “Ow~ Poor baby~!” Luhan looked away ignoring Tao while Seohyun was giggling in the corner. Suho clapped his hands together. “Let’s go in first then Kris can join when he comes!” With that everybody got out from SNSD’s practise room and headed to the CEO’s office.

Lee So Man was calmly drinking his latte when “BAM!” Chanyeol and Kai kicked the door open angrily. “What the… Are you crazy you two?” He said wiping his now stained shirt.

“You are mister!” said Sehun arrogantly.

“Or did you think you could talk with noona-in-law-to-be and get anywhere with it?” continued Tao.

“You do know that if you fire Lay all of us will quit this company, right?” spoke the leader.

“We won’t hesitate for a second!” added Baozi.

“Besides, JYP has some very interesting contracts prepared for us!” smirked Chen.

“You wouldn’t do that!” retorted Lee So Man unsure.

“Just like baozi said, we won’t hesitate for a second!” said Baekhyun and high-fived Xiumin.

“But Lay being engaged is going to create so much bad rumors!” defended Lee So Man.

“Don’t give us that crap!” yelled D.O irritated.

“Yeah we know you can deal with that! You have your ways!” added Kai.

“I got the contracts!” said Kris coming in. “And they want me to be your manager there as well!” grinned their manager following in.

“We’re giving you until tomorrow to think about this or we’ll sign the contracts!” said Luhan pulling out a pen and wiggling it in Lee So Man’s face.

“Let’s get out of here kids!” announced the manager.

“WE ARE ONE! WE ARE EXO!” shouted the boys before getting out leaving a frustrated CEO behind them.

-That evening–

-Lay’s pov-

Beis has been sleeping ever since I sang to her in the park. She didn’t even wake up when I lifted her up or when I tugged her in her bed. Me? I’ve been watching her mumbling my name in her sleep. God is it the cutest thing ever. It’s about 8pm. We were supposed to be at the restaurant eating at the restaurant so instead of that and because I’m the best boyfriend any girl would dream of? Nah~ I just want to be the best man in the world for her. So as I was preparing her favourite Lasagna Bolognese my phone rang. I quickly washed my hands that were cutting tomatoes and wiped them then set my phone profile to silent and went to check if yeobo woke up before answering Luhan.

“Dae~” I said.

“Lay, we went to talk to Lee So Man today!” He said in an oddly calm voice.

 “Eh? Wae?” I asked feeling it wasn’t just a visit they decided to pay him.

“To tell him that if he fires you, we’ll all join JYP! We even have the contracts!” He answered coolly.

“WHAT?” I half-yelled then looked over to Beis, she was still asleep.

“So do you want to know what he answered or not?” He said in a monotone voice.

“Come on! Spill the beans” I retorted impatiently.

“He said…” started Luhan while I was literally fidgeting.