Chapter 1 : Welcome to Sunhwa Arts

486 012

 

I sat quietly in the car looking out the window.  My uncle started to talk to me but I gave minimal feedback, I was tired and just wanted to sleep.  Knowing my parents, they wanted me to start everything right away so I was running on 3 hours of sleep.  2 hours on the plane and 1 hour in the house before I had to get up to eat and get dressed for school.

 

"Okay, here it is" He finally spoke again.  I glanced at the school then to my uncle who was turned around to me. "I'll pick you up at 4 sharp so don't be late"

 

"Okay" I nodded and grabbed my bag beside me.  I opened the door and unknowingly hit a person. "Sorry" I spat out in Japanese.

 

"What the heck" He said and slightly pushed the door.

 

"You are Han Ahreum here, and we speak Korean here, you no longer need to use the name Setsuko and speak Japanese" My uncle firmly said.  I just blankly stared at him and left the car.  I slammed the door shut, fixed my jacket and walked to the gate where the principle was waiting.

 

I walked up to her and bowed.

 

"Han Ahreum? Am I correct?" She said with a bright voice.  She was dressed in black, red lips, oval glasses, pale face and the typical old lady perm.  She smelt of pressed powder and lavender.. the old lady smell that I always despised.

 

"Yes" I said and cracked a smile.  She happily greeted me and took me by the arm into the courtyard of the school.  I scanned it and suddenly stopped.

 

"Is something the matter?" She quickly asked, her breath in my face.  I nodded a "No" and continued to walk with her. 

 

But I did have a problem, the field, there was no grass on the field, just dirt.  Hard, yellow dirt that students ran over every single day.  It was another reason added to my list as to why I hate Korea.

 

We walked some more, and as we walked she spoke.  But I didn't have the time to listen to her, I was too busy trying to figure out ways to get myself out of this place during lunch.  We finally got to my class, a sign stuck out with the engraving  2-204.

 

"Here you are" She said between her clenched teeth and suddenly ran off.  I watched her, she ran off to someone who was walking by and grabbed his arm.  He was probably the gym teacher or something, typical of an old lady to be trying to woo the young gym teacher.

 

A couple girls pushed past me as I stood in the doorway.  They looked back at me giving me a dirty look.  I looked up at the class sign, and sighed.  This wasn't happening, I wasn't starting school in Korea.

 

Suddenly, a voice came from behind me. "Are you going in?" He asked.

 

"Oh.. yes I am" I said and stepped in.  He walked in behind me and laughed a bit.  He walked to his seat and sat down but not before giving his friend beside him a carton of milk.

 

The teacher walked in and went to his desk.  The students started to scatter in and sit into their seats.  He looked over at me and motioned me to go to my seat. "What?" He said as I stared at him.

 

"I'm Han Ahreum, the new student" I said and tried to smile.

 

"Ah, okay! Guys this is Han Ahreum, from?"

 

"Ichikawa High, in Chiba, Japan"

 

"Okay, greet them"
 

"Hello everyone, my name is Han Ahreum, please treat me good" I said and bowed.  Some students shouted out a greeting to me and some just scoffed at me.

 

"You can sit at that empty seat in the back" He said and turned around and started to write stuff onto the board.

 

I walked to my desk and sat down, it literally was at the very back, but luckily beside the window.  I took out a note book and pen and placed them onto my desk.  My homeroom teacher was our History teacher.  It just had to be history, one of the most boring subjects, and it had to be the first one of the day.  I let out a big sigh and laid my head onto my desk.

 

A billions thoughts ran through my mind, but the main one was why I had to move to Korea.  I like everything about Japan, everything but my father.  My trance of thoughts were finally stopped when I heard a loud bang.  The teacher left and decided he wanted to slam the sliding door shut.  I already hated him.

 

"Hey"  A voice came from beside me and i quickly looked over.  It was the guy who asked me if I was going in the class or not.

 

"Hi" I replied bluntly with my phone in my hand.

 

"Oh, isn't that a Japanese phone?" He said pointing.  Some other students were already listening into our conversation.  Before I could say anything he took it out of my hand and started to play around with it. "I haven't seen one of these in a couple years!"

 

"Oh.. they have these here too?" I asked watching his fingers touch one of my prized possessions.  It was starting to become anxious as he continued to go through my phone, but then again I was okay with it because it was all in Japanese anyways.

 

"No, I studied in Japan for 3 years" He finally said.

 

"Oh yeah, where?" I said.  He closed my phone, handed it back to me then went into something like deep though.

 

"I lived in Tokyo, beautiful and very crowded" He laughed. "Anyways, what's you're name again?"

 

"Ah-reum, Han-Ah-reum" I smiled the first sincere smile since i landed in Korea.

 

"Nice to meet you" He smiled a cheeky smile and held his hand out for a shake.  I reached for it but it was suddenly slapped away.

 

"What the heck! Already hitting on the new girl I see" His friend said and sat down in the seat in front of me.

 

___________________________________

AN! :

thanks to everyone so far who has stumbled upon my story.  much love to the subscribers and commenters !

i personally am horrible at starting stories so yeah, it might start a bit slow, but do not fret !

there will be some crazy kung fu stuff in here !

:D

 

ps.

no edits yet. i just wrote this out and blah :P