Chapter 2

Married To My Brother-In-Law

 

“To the new Crown Princess of Joseon!”

The glasses clicked and the guests drowned their drinks after the King finished his speech. Sandara was sitting next to her husband, nervously staring down at her hands, afraid of looking at her husband. Prince Jaejoong was smiling at everyone but only those who were close to him could tell that he was faking it. He looked around at his people, who were dancing happily, celebrating his wedding. His eyes stopped on one of his guests, who seemed to be observing someone with a small smile on his fierce face. Prince Jaejoong followed his eyes and soon noticed the object of the young man’s attention. It was none other than Park So Rae, his now sister-in-law. Not wanting to see another member of the Park family, Jaejoong quickly averted his eyes, only to catch a glimpse of a maid hurrying to the kitchen. Jaejoong sighed deeply and closed his eyes, not caring about his bride who was sitting next to him.

So Rae laughed as she danced with the baker’s little boy. As she twirled around she noticed her sister sitting next to her husband with head down. So Rae frowned but quickly smiled and ran to get her sister.

“Unnie!” She exclaimed, making Sandara look up in shock. “Let’s go dance!” She grabbed her sister’s hand and pulled her away, not even caring that she didn’t ask her brother-in-law’s permission.

While the Park siblings were dancing and laughing, Jaejoong opened his eyes when he felt someone approach his seat. He turned around and gave a small smile to General Jung Yunho, who bowed when he was standing next to him.

“Why are you here?” Jaejoong asked and turned his head back to watch the dancing.

“I brought a letter.” Yunho said and extended a small piece of paper so skillfully that no one even noticed.

“Thank you.” Jaejoong said as he read through the content, his eyes saddening. “Is there anything else?” He asked when Yunho didn’t leave.

“Nothing, Your Highness.” Yunho said, not wanting to reveal his thoughts.

“Yunho, I’ve known you ever since we were children. So tell me, what disturbs your mind?”

Yunho took in a deep breath, knowing that what he was about to say would anger his friend and prince. “I wanted to ask you if you’re going to give Crown Princess a chance.”

 “Yunho, I do not wish to talk about it.” Jaejoong said. “Now, if you have nothing more to say, please leave.”

“As you wish, Your Highness.” Yunho bowed and left Jaejoong.

Jaejoong sighed deeply, rolling his eyes. Yunho was the second person, after Prince Junsu, who asked him this question. Junsu was very happy when he found out that Park Sandara was going to be his sister-in-law. He always liked her and couldn’t wish for a better sister-in-law. However, he also knew that she’d be suffering if she married a man who didn’t love her. So Junsu was trying to convince his brother to give her a chance to show herself.

“Prince Jaejoong.” A deep husky voice said, gaining Jaejoong’s attention. Jaejoong quickly stood up and smiled at the young man in front of him. “May I join you?”

“Of course.” Jaejoong quickly sat down, the young man sitting on Sandara’s seat.

“Congratulations on your wedding, Prince Jaejoong. You’ve got a beautiful bride.” The young man said as he stared at the Park sisters. “If you don’t mind me asking, who is that wonderful girl dancing with your wife?”

“It’s my sister-in-law.” Jaejoong said, taking a glance at his wife and her younger sister.

“She’s gorgeous.” The young man smiled.

Jaejoong nodded, not really caring about what the young man was saying. Honestly, he’d rather be anywhere else than here. Sure his wife is beautiful. But he didn’t love her and he was sure he would never fall in love with her.

The young man, on the other hand, stood up and excused himself. As he walked along the hall he was joined by a young soldier who began to walk behind him.

“Keep an eye on the Crown Princess’s sister and her family.” The young man said as he glanced back at the balcony where Jaejoong was sitting. “And make sure no one notices you.”

“Yes, Your Highness.” The soldier nodded and left him.

The young man stopped in his tracks and took out a silky handkerchief, smiling at it. “We finally meet again, my little princess.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Second chappie. Will Jaejoong fall in love with Sandara? And who is this young man?

Comment and subscribe!

See you next time :)