His Thoughts

Through His Eyes

It was already very late when he finally arrived at home; most of the resident of his mansion had fell into deep slumber when he entered the house. He was greeted by his ever loyal butler, Huang Zi Tao and was led to the dimly lit dining room. It was a spacious room: a gigantic Victorian-styled crystal chandelier was placed at the center of the room, right above an enormous onyx dining table surrounded by ten well-crafted elegant wooden dining chairs. On one of the chairs sat a beautiful lady who was sleeping with her head laid on the table. Her long silk-like black hair was spread upon the table like a waterfall, covering most of her luminous but pale face.

He inched closer toward her and gently brushed her hair to reveal her gorgeous face. She was his former fiancé of 25 years and was currently his wife, Joohyun. Judging from her sleeping position and the already cold dishes placed on the table, it seemed that she had been waiting for him all night. A tender smile was formed on his handsome feature as he saw her sleeping peacefully. He decided to not wake her up and went to the other end of the table to eat the food she had prepared for him.

Kris Wu was one arrogant man; he would only eat the best food on its best condition. Yet he silently chewed the cold dish without caring about what he was eating as all of his attention was poured to the woman sitting across of him. Everything about her had piqued him: the way her shoulder slowly rose and fell along with her steady breathing, her soft yet still audible snoring, and how she sometimes stirred in her sleep didn’t went unnoticed by him.

Kris Wu was one tough man but when he dealt with his peacefully sleeping wife, he couldn’t help but being gentle. When he realized that he had nothing left on his plate, he rose from his chair and walked toward his wife again. He tenderly tapped her shoulder but instead of waking up, she only shook her head and continued her slumber. He chuckled in amusement before he gently slid his hands behind her back and under her knees in order to be able to smoothly carry her into their room. He laid her on their bed and tucked the blanket around her. She immediately curled into a ball as soon as her skin was touched by the satin sheet, reminding him of a cat he formerly own: innocent and helpless. He sighed at the view as he entered the washing room.

 

She deserves someone better.

 

Despite his natural affectionate acts toward the younger lady, he couldn’t bring himself to love her. It wasn’t that he didn’t like her because he did but unfortunately not like how a man should love his lover. He liked her as a fine lady she was, he liked her as an intelligent companion she was, and more than anything else, he loved her as a perfect little sister she was.

He had watched her grown up from a chubby little kid into a fine young woman. Although they were officially engaged since her birth, he first met her when she was five and he was fifteen. He still remembered his utmost disbelief at his parents’ words when they told him that he was going to marry the 5 year old brat in front of him. She was cute with her round pale face and two pigtails at the sides of her head, but he was already starting to reach his puberty while she had just barely able to talk. What kind of insane joke was that?

It was natural for him to get outraged by his parents’ decision; he had just found his first crush, after all. However, the Wu patriarch had never accepted any form of rebellion and their brilliant second son was not exempted from it. So he ended up having his first love crushed brutally and was forced to follow the path they had designated for him. Therefore, he grew to resent the little kid as she was the symbol of his helplessness against his parents’ will. However, as time goes by, he found it difficult to not be fond of the little girl. Young Joohyun was naïve, adorable, and somewhat entertaining: the kid was way too klutzy for her own good. Despite his utmost effort to hold his laughter, he would always chuckle when he saw her clumsiness. It didn’t help that she was very attached to him; she made him felt like he was a mother hen followed by her baby chick. Whenever he visited Korea or the other way around, she would always tail him wherever he go. Thus, he ended up accepting the little girl who was groomed to be his bride.

As she grew up, he watched her developed into an ideal woman. She was beautiful, smart, and demure: everything that he could’ve wanted from a wife. They also had become closer with each other; they shared their problems and talked about their future. She was a great partner for him and so was he for her. Their relationship was better than that of him and his older brother or her and her cousins.

However, she would never be the woman that he wanted. They had never had the necessary chemistry and he didn’t expect it either. They relationship were purely platonic and—it didn’t matter if they wanted to change it or not—he didn’t think it would develop into something else.

Or so he thought.


 

Kris turned off the light of the washroom before he entered his room—no, their room—fully clothed in pajamas. He turned off the main light and let the bedroom lit only by the dim side lamps. He then slid under the blanket and turned to his right, facing the gorgeous goddess in her deep slumber; his long and slender fingers had unconsciously traced the outline of her perfectly sculptured face.

Kris Wu was one proud man; it means that he rather be a hypocrite than admitting his attraction toward the young lady sleeping next to him. When he did come clean about it, he thought of it as a purely ual interest. He was a healthy young man in his mid thirties and she was a woman with alluring eyes, kissable rosy lips, and seductive curves: some impure thoughts were just bound to be formed.  However, whenever he stared into her eyes, all of his desire would vanish into thin air. Her doe-like orbs were clear and innocent: it would always remind him of the adorable brat he met more than two decades ago.

He gently brushed her bang to reveal her beautiful sleeping figure and saw her stirred a bit. He heard her murmured in her sleep and quickly retracted his hand.

 

“… Jongin… I’m sorry…”

 

A hint of annoyance was shown on his handsome face. It has been a couple months after their wedding and she was still haunted by the guy she knew only for less than four month. Maybe because it is a true love, he silently pondered. A faint bitter smile was formed at the edge of his thin lips. He stared deeply at the woman who was sleeping while facing him; his mind wandered to the same thought that had been bugging him since the day of their wedding.

 

Should I let her go?

 

However, his haughty parents had groomed him into a prideful man and that was what he had grown up into. Being a pretentious man he was, he couldn’t take the humiliation of having other people stole anything in his possession. He would always tightly hold everything that belonged to him; Joohyun was not an exception.

Even if it tortured him, even if it pained her, he wouldn’t—he couldn’t—let her go.

For the reason that she was his and he wanted to keep it that way.


 

The End



AN: Yeah! The first oneshot of Through His Eyes is done.

I'll be continuing to Our Entangled Fate but it will start somewhere in September. ^^

To the subscribers:

KPOPfan619,seohyunkeroro,angelofdarkness,popgirl345543,Anitaandmonika,luyoonkai-seokris, LovelySmile ,bellamolla, Seomate_seobaby, 24Rere, glamzchic, dcyseokyu, exopanda ,thebesthappy123, Irina98, ExoGeneration0406, Eycha_sk11, hensyy,eojuri, ilovered, kyuseo, raishahcena, pandashidae, iloveseohyun, irene_cute, Tinkerbelle89, seohyunyunho, Vanilla448, seohyunforeVer, i_love_seohyun, aidalovekpop ,HuiQ_Seo, exoticworld, FallenAngel_SeoExo.

Thank you so-so-so much for all the subs and comments, I'm really touched that this story has gotten a lot of subbies before I posted this chapter. This chapter is dedicated to you, guys. T^T
I hope this chapter would be okay for you guys. This chapter is probably the fastest that I've ever written. Please do remind me of any mistakes I make in this story. T^T

And of course you, the lovely reader! I hope you enjoy this story. ^^

 

About the upcoming sequel, I'll give you all a hint: there will be new pivotal characters in the story. It will be a really different story yet closely related, it will close the loose ends I made but some hardcore shippers may have to suffer a heartbreak.

Don't tell me I didn't warn you before.

*evil laugh*

Just kidding.

Please do look forward to it. I'll do my best.

 

With many-many-many thankful love,

Himalayancat