Chapter One

▬▬▬▬Berry ♥ Bun Cafe || Apply Close▬▬▬▬

 

Chapter 1

“Hello! How may I help you?” asked the owner as she greeted me at the door.

“I saw the help wanted sign outside and is interested in applying; if that’s fine with you.” I replied with a smile on my face.

“Of course! We’ll just go to my office to do the interview.” she said and led me to the back where her office is.

When I walked in, I was shocked at how pink her office is. From the walls to the office supplies, everything is pink. I honestly don’t know why I’m surprised though, her café is pink to begin with. Not that pink isn’t a pretty color, I just prefer blue more.

“Have a seat, make yourself comfortable.” she pointed to the chair in front of her desk.

I did as I was told.

“So why don’t we start off with you introducing yourself. Tell me your name, age; anything that’ll allow me to know more about you.”

“My name is Won Shin Hae. I was born in Seoul on June 21, 1986, but moved to London shortly after and lived there ever since. I am fully Korean and am fluent in both English and Korean.  As a child, I discovered a passion for baking. I’ve always wanted to be a chef or a baker; anything that’ll involve me in the culinary field. I decided to move back here with my brother because he had a job at a production company. I really want to open up a café here like you, but I need the experience first.  My goal right now is to get the Assistant Chef position here and experience what it’s like to work at a café. Here is my resume. I’m not too experienced in the culinary field, but I did partake in classes in High School.”

I handed her my resume. She took the resume and begins reading it.

I play around with my fingers as I watch her carefully scan the paper. She nods a bit here and there, but does she really like it?  I have absolutely no experience what-so-ever and here I am applying for the Assistant Chef position out of everything else!

“I admire your goal, but I’m not too sure about this. You clearly have a passion, but with no experience, it’s hard for me to choose you as an assistant chef. Maybe it would be better if you tried another café.” She said as she continues to look at the resume.

“I know I have no experience and I will understand if I’m not chosen, but I’ve already been turned down by other cafes because I lack experience. I know experience is very important when it comes to being a chef, but this is a dream of mine. I know I can do this even without the experience.” I said confidently.

She sighed. “Again, I admire your goal, but I’m really not too sure about this. Tell you what, I’ll think about overnight. If you got the job, I’ll give you a call before 12:00 pm. How does that sound?”

“That sounds great! Thank you so much!” I stood up to give her a hand shake; she returned the gesture.

The Next Day

It is already 11:55 in the morning. Is she even going to call? She said before 12. Maybe she really doesn’t want to give me the job.

“Shut Up Shin! Be patient and confident. Maybe she has other things to do right now.” I thought to myself.

I continue staring at my phone while playing with the kitty phone charm.

11:56

Damn it, 4 minutes before 12. I guess I’ll look into Lulu Heart Café, but there are rarely any customers there. Maybe I’ll just open the café now, but I know absolutely NOTHING about owning a café.

I stare back at my phone.

11:57

I guess I’ll look around Seoul today. Better change now cause I have a long day ahead of me. Hopefully someone will acknowledge my dream rather than my stupid lack of experience.

 I turn away from my phone as I go towards my closet to look for professional attire. I reach for the nicely ironed sleeveless white button down with leopard collar. I laid the shirt on my bed, checking for flaws when suddenly, my phone starts to ring.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hi Shin Hae! This is Ariana from Berry Bun Café. I know I said I would call before 12, but I still had a lot of thinking to do. I really love your determination. You remind me of myself back when I was still trying to open a café. Someone who is willing to go through obstacles, just to reach their dream. I really says a lot about you! I am extremely happy to say, you are now a member of Berry Bun Café! Congratulations! I will notify you when orientation will start. I still need to gather other workers. Again, congratulations and welcome to Berry Bun!”

♥ Author's Note: Hey Guys! I hope you all enjoyed the first official chapter of Berry Bun! I will be doing the chapters member by member. Just to shw you guys how the members got their jobs. I'm extremely sorry for not updating for the past few days. I haven't been feeling well since the day I released the winners. Luckily, I went to the doctors yesterday and he gave me some medication. Now I'm feel a whole lot better. There will be no updates tomorrow because I have to go somewhere, but there will be an update on Wednesday with another member. Again, I hope you enjoyed today's update and hopefully my writing skills are good enough. Thank You!

Side Note: I already lost two subscribers even though the rule said not to subscribe. T_T I know who the two are......hopefully they won't waste their time in applying for another one of my fics again.