Prequel ♥

▬▬▬▬Berry ♥ Bun Cafe || Apply Close▬▬▬▬

Prequel

“I got it! Deviled Eggs!” I jumped up from my seat; excited about the idea that just popped into my head.

Minah (my co-worker) and I were sitting on the patio; thinking of new dish to add to the menu.  The menu was a bit bland. I wanted a new dish, something exotic and unique.  Something that will get the customer’s thinking, ‘Wow! I feel like an American!’

“As delicious and Western deviled eggs sound, I don’t think it’s exotic or unique. Heck, LuLu Heart Café sells it down then street! Try thinking outside the box.” Minah said with a displeasure look.

I quickly sat back down; defeated by Minah’s words.  She’s right, I should start thinking outside the box if I want a new dish.

I sighed. “Maybe I should hold off the new dish. It’s not like I’m in a rush or anything. What do you think?”

I looked over at Minah, who was staring at the floor with a depressed look on her face. Did she even pay attention to what I said? I shook Minah; she blinked a few times before looking back at me.

“What? What?” Minah asked, all dazed and confused.

“It’s only 8 pm. You’re tired already?” I asked.

Minah sighed. “No, but. Nevermind.”

“Nevermind?  What is it? Is it important?” I asked anxiously. Don’t judge me, I’m very nosy.

“It’s important, but I don’t know. You’re definitely not going to like it. Besides, it’s the night already, I don’t want you to stress out while sleeping. Maybe I’ll just hold it off till tomo—“

“No!” I said, cutting Minah off. “Tell me now, I’ll be alright. I NEVER stress.”

 “Fine, I’ll tell you, but don’t overreact!” She took a deep breath.

 “I got a job offering in America. Not just ANY job offering. A job offering from Teen Vogue as a fashion photographer. It’s been a childhood dream and I HAD to say yes! The bad news is I’m leaving next week. I’m SUPER DUPER sorry for choosing to tell you now. Please don’t be mad!”

“I’m not mad, but why did you choose to tell me this NOW? When did you get the offering?”

“I got the offering sometime in November. I decided to tell you now because I thought you would be mad at me. I’m a coward and I should have told you earlier. I realize that now.” Minah looked down.

There isn’t much I can say or do. She already accepted the offering. Am I suppose to be a and stop her from her dream? It has happened to me before and let me tell you, it is NOT a good feeling.

“At least you told me. That’s a hundred times better than you ditching off to another country without a word. I’ll find new employees. Just remember to visit as often as possible, okay?”

“You got it boss!”

One Week Later…

“This is the final boarding call for Korean Airlines flight number KE0011 to LAX.” Minah and I both frowned at the sound of that.

“Remember to do well and keep safe! If you need anything and I mean ANYTHING, just give me a call.” I said while hugging the life out of Minah.

“I will and I promise I’ll visit Berry Bun whenever I can. Don’t worry about me too much. Just focus on finding employees for now.” I nodded as I release Minah from my bear-tight hug.

We both waved our goodbye to each other as Minah turned around to board her flight.

“Now how am I going to find employees?”

♥ Author's Note: Hey Everyone! Did you like the prequel? My writing skills aren't amazing, but I tried. I decided to make a prequel because I felt that you guys needed to know more about Minah and her job offering. It's rather short, but there wasn't really much to give away. The description in the foreword itself was already specified enough. The prequel was just a treat and I hope you guys enjoyed it! You can also see how my writing skills are. Whether it's good or bad, you be the judge. That's all for now! ^^