It's Going to Be Alright

It's Going to Be Alright, Woohyun

 

 

Woohyun couldn’t exactly pinpoint when it all happened. Each smile, each hug, and each touch added up to Sunggyu’s arms leaving his waist completely and slithering around Dongwoo’s instead.

“Hey Namu. Do you need any help?” asked Dongwoo as he pranced into the kitchen while Woohyun was stirring the soup that he was cooking.

“Yeah, you can chop the vegetables and drop them in every minute,” Woohyun replied as he kept his eyes on the soup.

“Hehehehe, yah!” squealed Dongwoo as he felt a pair of strong arms wrap around his own waist. Woohyun turns his head to the right and notices that Sunggyu had appeared behind Dongwoo, placing his chin on Dongwoo’s right shoulder.

“Dongwoo, let Woohyun do this himself. I’ve got something to show you!” Sunggyu whispered into Dongwoo’s ear. Dongwoo took one look at Woohyun who gave him a slight nod that he would be alright cooking by himself.

As the pair left, Hoya entered the kitchen and gave Woohyun a pat on the shoulder. “It’s going to be alright, Woohyun.” It’s going to be alright, Hoya.

Woohyun encountered their first kiss together. He had walked into the kitchen to grab a piece of fruit when he noticed laughter down the hall in their dorm’s living room.

“Yah, hyung!” shouted Dongwoo as he laughed uncontrollably.

“Aw, come on!” replied Sunggyu as he placed another Pepero stick in his mouth. He wanted to kiss Dongwoo, but the other would always pull away whenever their lips were about to touch.

“Ehehehe,” he nodded.

Don’t look, Woohyun. Just turn your head and run back into your room. Do not look.

But his mind didn’t listen to him as he saw Sunggyu’s lips brush softly against Dongwoo’s.

Flashbacks of their Second Invasion Concert ran through Woohyun’s mind as he remembered his accidental kiss with Sunggyu during their paper game. In fact, he did it on purpose. Dropping the paper in order to get his lips to touch Sunggyu’s. But no one had to know that.

He walked back to his room with his head hung low. Hoya was sitting on Sunggyu’s bed flipping through the channels when he noticed Woohyun’s face. He stood up and gave Woohyun a smile. “It’s going to be alright, Woohyun.” It’s going to be alright, Hoya.

“Woohyun hyung! Important Infinite meeting in the living room in five!” Sungjong said as he popped his head into Woohyun’s bedroom.

Woohyun dragged himself in the living room where Dongwoo and Sunggyu were sitting on the couch while the rest of the members were gathered around on the floor. He noticed that Hoya was missing.

“Hoya hyung!” shouted Sungjong as he banged on their bathroom door.

“Give me ten minutes!” Hoya replied. “Start off without me!”

Sungjong trudged back into the living room.

“So as you guys may have known, Dongwoo and I have been spending a lot of time together …” started the leader.

Don’t listen, Woohyun. Just get up and run back into your room. Do not listen.

“We’ve begun dating …”

After the meeting, everyone went back into their own rooms. Sungyeol dragged both Myungsoo and Sungjong back to his room to show the two the new game that he had just bought while Sunggyu slipped his arm around Dongwoo and brought him to his shared room with Woohyun.

Woohyun sat there. Where was he supposed to go now?

The bathroom door unlocked and out walked Hoya in only a towel.

“Hey, what did I miss, Woohyun?” he asked as he took a seat next to Woohyun on the floor.

“They’re dating …”

“It’s going to be alright, Woohyun,” replied Hoya. It’s going to be alright, Hoya.

“Namu, can we talk?” asked Sunggyu as he climbed the ladder, landing himself on Woohyun’s top bunk.

It had been two weeks since they last spoke to each other.

Woohyun sat up, a smile plastered on his face. Sunggyu was looking for him, not Dongwoo. Sunggyu wanted to see him. Sunggyu wanted to talk to him.

“Neh, hyung,” he said as he waited for Sunggyu.

“Can you move out of our room?” he asked.

Woohyun dragged himself into Dongwoo’s shared room with Myungsoo and Sungyeol where he noticed that Sungjong was sleeping in Sungyeol’s bed.

“Sungjong, what are you doing there?” he asked.

“Oh, Woohyun hyung! This is our new room! Sunggyu hyung asked me if I could sleep in this room from now on.

“When did he ask you?”

“Two weeks ago,”

He wanted to kick me out of our room two weeks ago.

“So where do I go now?” asked Woohyun.

“Sunggyu hyung thought it would be fun for you to sleep with Hoya hyung from now on. He told me you two seemed close,” replied Sungjong as he slipped back under his blanket to finish watching the movie he was watching.

Woohyun left and walked into his now room with Hoya.

“I’m sleeping here from now on,”

Hoya stood up and walked over to hug Woohyun. “It’s going to be alright, Woohyun.” It’s going to be alright, Hoya.

“Namu, are you awake?” asked Sunggyu as he slipped into Woohyun’s (ex Sungjong’s bed) bed. Was this a dream?

Woohyun couldn’t help but notice the smell of alcohol roaming around Sunggyu’s mouth, clothes, and hair. He was drunk.

A pair of strong arms wrapped around Woohyun as he felt Sunggyu’s lips brush against the back of his neck.

“Hyung, stop …”

He knew what happened that night. Sunggyu and Dongwoo had gotten into a fight that night, and Sunggyu had left the dorm to go out to drink.

“Namu, I miss you …”

“Hyung, stop.”

“Please, Namu …”

“Hyung, I am not your back up plan. I’m not going to be there anymore. Please leave,” Woohyun said as he shoved Sunggyu away from him.

Hoya heard it that night. The first time he heard Woohyun cry over Sunggyu in their room. “It’s going to be alright, Woohyun.” It’s going to be alright, Hoya.

----------

I hope you guys realized that there were two heartbreaks here -- Woohyun's and Hoya's. If not, I'm just a bad writer, OTL.