His Persistent Continues

Our Love's Got an Expiry Date [⌛]

Sorry for the super late update guys! The last two weeks have been busy because the deadlines for my university supplementary essays were due. BUT! It's spring break for me now!! I'll be updating maybe twice this week :) ENJOY!

 

 

-----Eunji’s POV-----

 

“Another Valentine’s Day spent with you… Why am I such a loner?” Zhang LiYin, my best-friend groaned. The two of us were having lunch in the university canteen. If there’s one thing that LiYin complains about, it’s about being single. Actually, she’s always complaining about that. She’s never had a boyfriend before because her parents never allowed her to date back in high school, but now that she’s in her third year of university, she still hasn’t had any relationships. She’s free to date guys, but somehow, she hasn’t found anybody to be with. It’s not that LiYin isn’t pretty. She’s really pretty. Well, that is without the glasses. I’ve seen her without glasses, and she looks a lot prettier without them. I tell her all the time to take off her glasses, but she hates wearing contacts and she can’t see without glasses. She’s very outgoing and she is such an easy person to be friends with. I really don’t understand why she has never had a boyfriend before.

 

“Hey… I’ve been spending every Valentine’s Day with you ever since grade 9. It’s not that bad… I’m single, but I’m not complaining.” I replied. Valentine’s Day had just passed and the two of us spent it together at home eating chocolates and watching movies.  LiYin and I have been friends for six years. We met in high school on the very first day when I accidently bumped into her when I was trying to find my classroom. We ended up being the room and from then on, we were friends. LiYin was born in China, but her parents had moved to Korea because of her father’s business. The Zhang family owned a popular clothing company called “I.D.S. Trend”. I guess you could say that LiYin’s family was quite wealthy.

 

I on the other hand was an orphan. My parents died when I was a baby. I have no clue how they died. The workers at my orphanage told me that they did know how my parents died and they were not able to contact anyone from my family. Apparently, I had no other family members. Not even cousins or grandparents. When I turned 18, I had to leave the orphanage because the workers told me that I was old enough to live on my own. I had nowhere to go and thankfully, LiYin’s family didn’t mind me living with them. They wanted me to live in their home because they were gone most of the time since they had to travel a lot and they were afraid that LiYin would be lonely. On top of that, I didn’t have to pay a single dime. LiYin’s parents treated me as if I was their daughter. I am truly grateful. I felt pathetic, but I had no other choice. I would have to repay their kindness in the future when I had a chance.

 

“That’s because you broke up with your boyfriend a month before Valentine’s Day. Ever since people found out that you broke up with that jerk, guys have been swarming around you like bees.” LiYin laughed. Yes, there are a lot of guys that have been trying to get a date with me, but I’m not really interested. Even if there was a guy that I had a bit of interest in, they would have to complete all three of my requirements on the first date in order to go on a second date with me.

 

“Even if I do find one that I like, I doubt we’ll be able to last for more than two months. Have you seen me in a relationship for more than two months LiYin? The stupid curse won’t even allow me to have a decent relationship.” I groaned. Although I’ve been in a few relationships, they never seem to exceed two months. It’s either I find them cheating on me or they just dump me. It’s like my love has been stamped with an expiry date. I really hope I can find a guy who can get past the two month limit with me.

 

“It’s not a curse Eunji. You’re just paranoid. It’s always the guy’s fault, so stop thinking about it. We’ll find you a guy that’s perfect for you. Until then, help me find a guy. I don’t want to spend another Valentine’s Day with just me and you eating chocolate while watching chick flicks at home.” LiYin pleaded with a frown.

 

“Hey! What’s so bad about being with me on Valentine’s Day?” I laughed.

 

“It’s not you, it’s me!” She recited the famous line for breaking up.

 

“Shut up and eat your lunch.” I laughed even louder as I scooped a spoonful of rice and stuffed it into . LiYin’s words were muffled by the food.

 

Just as LiYin was about to talk again, a box of chocolates was suddenly placed in front of LiYin. Both of us stopped eating and looked up to see the face of none other than Kim Jonghyun, the player of the school. Did I mention that he’s been trying to get a date with LiYin for the past couple weeks? Well, he’s had bad luck because LiYin doesn’t go for his type of guys. She likes the good guys. Not the guys who flirt around with every girl he sees. She’s rejected every time Jonghyun asked her out. She wasn’t that desperate for a boyfriend. Don’t get me wrong. Jonghyun isn’t THAT bad. He has the looks, he has the body, he has an amazing voice, and he has the family background. Jonghyun’s family owned the school. They were the founders of Seoul University. Everybody loved his parents, but all the nerds were scared of Jonghyun because he was a typical badass. All the girls swooned over hi m because he was hot. Even I thought he was quite handsome.

 

“Get away Jonghyun.” LiYin simply stated as she continued eating her lunch.

 

People were staring at our table. Actually, a lot of the girls were staring at us. They were all fans of Jonghyun. They didn’t like the fact that Jonghyun chose LiYin instead of themselves. They were all a bunch of jealous snakes.

 

“Come on. I know you want a boyfriend. I just overheard you two talking about it.” Jonghyun groaned when LiYin rejected him, once again.

 

“Yeah, I want a boyfriend, not some player. Now please get out of here so I can finish my lunch.” LiYin replied with no excitement in her voice.

 

A defeated Jonghyun placed the box of chocolate on the table and walked back to his crew. Jonghyun had the best looking guys in the school as his friends. They were all popular, rich, and handsome looking guys. As you can expect, all the girls love them. The group consisted of ten guys; Jonghyun, Taemin, Minho, Key, Onew, Jaejoong, Junsu, Yunho, Yoochun, and Changmin. I thought they were all cute, but I’m pretty sure they aren’t the type of boyfriends who can last long in relationships.

 

“Are you going to continue rejecting him? You know, he could be the guy you need to celebrate Valentine’s Day with.” I looked at LiYin who was still eating.

 

“Eunji, does he look like the type of guy who would be able to last long in a relationship? I don’t want some jerk that plays around. I want a real relationship. I want a serious boyfriend for my first relationship.” She replied with a sigh.

 

“Well, we’re both on the same boat… other than the fact that it won’t be my first relationship.” I laughed.

 

“I think we are… Jaejoong has been staring at your for a while now.” LiYin pointed out.

 

“Huh?... Why?”  I frowned and took out my pocket mirror from my purse and opened it. Just as I was about to angle it so I could see Jaejoong, LiYin stopped me.

 

“He stopped.” She told me. I sighed and put my mirror back into my purse. I turned around to see that he was to talking with the other guys at their table.

 

“Seriously, sometimes those guys creep me out.” I mumbled. In the last couple of days, LiYin said that she sometimes found Jaejoong staring towards us. I said that he was just looking around, but LiYin insisted that he was staring at me.

 

“I hate those types of guys. Just because they’re good looking and rich, they think they can play with girl’s hearts. Well, I’m not going to let Jonghyun play with my mine.” LiYin spat.

 

“What if Jonghyun is for real?” I asked her.

 

“Well, I highly doubt that. He doesn’t know anything about me other than my name. I have no clue why he would like me. I wish he would pester some other girls and just stop bothering me. I don’t like seeing his face every day.” She replied with disgust.

 

“You know, I think you two would make a cute couple.” I suddenly said.

 

“What?! Him and I?! No freaking way. I would rather spend another Valentine’s Day with you than go on one date with him.” She protested.

 

“Great… I appreciate your love LiYin.” I laughed as I finished the rest of my lunch.

 

After lunch, LiYin and I had to go to our separate classes. I’m majoring in Arts while LiYin is majoring business. My dream is to become a teacher and for her, it’s to take over her family business and become an independent business woman. I sat at the back of the room because I didn’t like interacting with others. I would get through every class without any concern. When the lecture was over, I packed my belongings and walked out of the door of the room. Something suddenly caught my eye. Actually, that something was a someone. I turned my head slightly to see that Jaejoong was standing outside my classroom door talking to one of the professors. Jaejoong was taking extra courses even though he graduated from university already with a master’s degree in law. I thought that was very impressive. If it weren’t for his flirty history with girls, I would actually think that he’s a smart guy.

 

“Great, thank you Professor Im.” I heard Jaejoong say to the balding man.

 

“Not a problem Jaejoong.” The man replied before giving Jaejoong a pat on the shoulder and walking off. I quickly turned away to walk so Jaejoong didn’t see me. Luckily, a lot of students had just gotten out of class, so there a bunch of kids walking with me.

 

“Ji! Over here!” I heard a voice to my left. I glanced and saw that it was LiYin.

 

“Coming!” I responded as I made my way towards her. Time to go home.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A COMMENT!