Her against the world

Maybe there won't be a next time

NARRATOR'S POV

Mei Xing stood staring at the door frustrated with what just happened.  She was still in shock from the way that argument turned out, how her cousin Luhan treated her and what he said. Upset and dizzy Mei Xing made her way upstairs to her bedroom and slammed the door loudly after her before throwing herself onto the bed.  With her head and body tightly pressed in her pillow and covers she thrashed about and threw a tantrum. After a while of not being able to breathe she sat up with silent angry tears running down her face.  Out of the corner of her eyes she spotted something that annoyed her to no ends at this very moment, picture frames of her with Kris and her with Luhan. Without thinking twice she strode over and threw the frames all on the floor.

"I HATE YOU! I HATE BOTH! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!" she screamed and cried over and over again as she smashed each picture frame.

The maids downstairs heard all the clattering sounds and exchange looks with each other before racing upstairs but were stopped halfway up the stairs. 

"What's going on? " a voiced boomed with authority. When the maids saw Mei Xing's parents they immediately bowed.

"Welcome home xiānshēng, fūrén,"

"Where are these loud noises coming from?" Mei Xing's mother asked. 

"They're coming from xiǎojiě's room,"

Her parents and the maids immediately ran upstairs and to her room as fast as possible. Mei Xing's father swung the door to her room open and her mother gasped in shock when she saw the pitiful sight before her. There in the middle of the room sat Mei Xing with her knees pulled up to her chest and arms wrapped tightly around them.

"Oh my little baby," her mother called before running to hug her. Mei Xing peeked out from behind her arms once she spotted her mother she let out a cry before hugging her tightly.

"Ma Ma~, Ba Ba~"

"Clean up this mess and bring the first aid kit please," Mr Xi addressed the maids who left to do their assigned jobs.

Mr Xi kneeled down beside his wife and gathered his daughter into his arms.

"My little princess, tell ba ba what's wrong," he gently rocked her

"It hurts ba ba," Mei Xing hid her face in her father's chest. Mr Xi picked Mei Xing up in his arms and took her to her bed where her parents tucked her in before sitting next to her and grasping a hand each.

"Who hurt you? Tell ba ba and I'll sort them out straight away," her father's face darkened by the second. His loud voice startled Mei Xing.

"Lǎogōng, I'll handle this. I think our little princess needs some mother daughter time now. You always act really rashly when it comes to her and that's not what she needs right now. I'll sort this out, you relax and wash up and I'll talk to you in a bit, if Mei Xing wants to tell you, she'll find you and tell you."

"Ba ba will go first, you know that my arms will always be open and I'll be there for you till the day I die, I love you my little princess," Mr Xi gave her a warm hug and a gentle kiss to the forehead before leaving the room, ushering the maids out after they brought the first aid box and then shutting the door behind them.

Mrs Xi sat on the edge of the bed with her back resting on the headboard. She opened her arms and Mei Xing let out a little sob before diving into her mother's arms.

"Which boy hurt my baby?" Mrs Xi rested her head against the top of Mei Xing's and gently combed and Mei Xing's hair with her fingers.

"Luhan ge and Yifan ge," she managed to choke out between the sobs.

"Tell ma ma what happened from the beginning."

 

XI MEI XING'S POV

*FLASHBACK*

"How long have you known?" He finally spoke after  along period of silence.

"Know what?"

"Don't play dumb with me Xi Mei Xing, I'm really not in the mood for this!"

"Ge ge, I'm being serious! Stop being cryptic and jsut tell me what I supposedly know!"

"How long have you known that your cousin Luhan and Li Ying are dating now?" he turned to face me with an angry expression.

"W-w-what? They're dating?" I asked completely clueless and shocked that Luhan ge ge hasn't told me.

"Don't act innocent, you just want us further apart don't you!" he strode forward and grasped my shoulders in his tight grip.

"Ge ge, I really didn't know!" I tried prying myself out of his grip.

"You ruined all my chances, is it because you want me all to yourself?"

"Yi Fan, I swear I didn't know,"

"LIAR! Well guess what Mei Xing, you're just my rebound and that's all you'll ever be,"

He let go of my shoulders before stalking back into the canteen to pick up his bag and leave. I followed his movement and when he disappeared from the canteen my legs gave out and I fell to the floor and cried my heart out. 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 "So Luhan ge drove me home, he left soon after but I don't know where he went. I knew I had to clear things up with both Luhan and Liying and the whole dating issue, I called Liying jie but things didn't run out the way I expected it to."

*FLASHBACK*

"Hello?"

"Liying jie, it's me Mei Xing,"

"Oh Mei Xing, how are you? I heard the boys said you fainted today,"

"Yeah I did, I'm feeling better now. If you're not busy at the moment would it be possible for you to come round and see me there are a few things I would like to ask you,"

"Of course, I actually intended on visiting you,"

"Oh well then I'll see you in a bit then,"

Liying jie hung up and I went to the bathroom to fix myself up. Roughly 10 minutes later there was a knock on my bedroom door,

"Xiǎojiě, Liying xiǎojiě is downstairs,"

"Thank you, tell her I'll be right down,"

I made my ways downstairs to see Liying jie sitting on the couch, she stood up and greeted me once she saw me.

"Hey mei mei,"

"Hello, do sit down," I pointed to the couch before sitting opposite her, I poured us both a cup of tea before dismissing the maids.

"What did you have to ask me?" She sipped on her tea, I sipped on mine while observing her over the top of my tea cup.

"When did you and Luhan ge start dating?" I straightforwardly ask

"oh er....erm... not that long ago,"

"How could you though? I know my ge ge is very handsome and kind but how could you just leave Yi Fan?" even though I was jealous that Yi Fan liked Liying more than me it didn't stop the fact that Yi Fan is one of my best friends and it was my job to look out for him too.

"You know how love is Mei Xing, it comes and go and you can't control it. I won't lie to you, I was attracted to Yi Fan but after meeting Luhan I felt so much more comfortable with him and it made me realise that the love I felt for Yi Fan was sibling love, I saw him as my little brother not a lover."

"No I don't know how love is because I haven't had a chance to experience it. I would have known had you not broken Yi Fan's heart in fact better yet, if you had never met him." I spat venomously.

"Mei Xing, what do you want me to do?" she asked rather desperately, but I could tell that I was testing her patience.

"What I want? I want you to go. Just disappear,"

"If that's what you want then fine, but let me warn you now, me disappearing won't change the fact that to Yi Fan you're nothing more than a rebound, he told me himself," she gave me s smug smirk.

It was then that I saw red and lunged at her. I tackled her onto the couch before and attempted to pull her hair while she struggled and tried to push my arms away. The both of us screaming profanities and screaming in pain.

"Mei Xing what on earth are you doing?!" Luhan ge ran in and pulled me off Liying, in the midst of pulling me off her pushed me back so hard that I tumbled into the table.

"Babe are you alright?" Luhan ge ignored me and went to check on her without sparing me a glance.

"Yeah, it was just a scuffle nothing big," she said dusting herself off.

"God stop acting like the victim!" I couldn't take the fact that Liying was putting on this act in front of Luhan ge just like she always does whenever any of the boys are around.

"Why are you acting like this? Just because Kris loves Liying more than you, it's hardly a reason for you to act like this. I want you to apologize right now." he finally me glaring at me.

"If I don't what are you going to do? You won't do anything because you swore to always protect me," I challenged him, why? I knew Luhan ge wouldn't do anything to me because he loved me too much to say or do anything to hurt me.

"Well guess what I've changed my mind, why should I protect a spoilt pompous little brat like you. Years of spoiling you as the only girl has made you live in this little princess bubble, well wake up to reality Mei Xing, we've grown up now and I have someone else to protect now." he gestured to Liying slightly pulling her to stand behind him. "It's funny how the one I used to protect is the root of all trouble and grief for everyone,"

"It's that what you all see me as a burden? A troublesome little girl?"  I could feel the tears building but I couldn't crumble, not now.

"Yes," with that Luhan ge led Liying out of the house and left me there by myself. I was hurt by Luhan ge's words. He had never ever said anything hurtful or raised his voice once at me, growing up Luhan would give in to me and always say nice things to me.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"Princess, as your mother I'm always going to side with you no matter what, however, from a third person's perspective you were in the wrong in regards to how you acted towards Liying. After all she is your jie and you acted rashly just like your father. As for Luhan, I'm going to have to have a word with him about the way he acted and how he treated his mei mei." she continued

"I'm sure it will all blow over soon, don't cry anymore my baby. Just remember the only man you really need is your ba ba. As for Yi Fan he doesn't know what he is missing out on," she gave me a kiss on the forehead.

'Ma ma is right, Yi Fan doesn't really treasure or love me and maybe I should consider letting go. But do I have the strength to?'

_______________________________________________________________________

Hello guys :)

Please do comment because if you don't how am I suppose to know if you like it or not

also I'm a bit confused with how my voting is going to work out

like the second poll has more votes than the first which shouldnt have happened

considering you weren;t suppose to click anything in the second poll unless

you voted yes in the first

anywho the polls are here again to continue

as always

READ,ENJOY,COMMENT,SUBSCRIBE

geekinthepinkglasses