Conquest 4 Act 1

The World Key Only Knows

 

“So he is my old friend from high school. Treat him well, the new teacher-in-training, Lee Jinki.” Our own teacher, Lee Joon, announced.

Ignoring my sunsaenim, I continued to browse through the online clothing store on my phone and flip through some magazines laying on my desk.

“Hello everybody! Please call me Onew. The people I admire most are Stevie Wonder, Jason Mraz  and Elton John!” A deep, enthusiastic voice fled into the air.

“Who?” The people in our class asked, frustrated.

“Just sit over there in the back Onew,” Joon directed.

Shuffling noises were made until a final thump was emitted from the back of the room.

“Now that everyone is seated, let’s begin class.”

As usual, I had my headphones on and didn’t really concentrate at what was going on.

I sensed a worried stare pierce me from behind. Not really caring about it, I continued doing activities on my own accord.

 

The very next day, our class was buzzing about Onew. All the girls, excluding Sulli who was crushing on Minho*, were ecstatic about his arrival; whereas the guys were moping about their poor chances in love.

“Yah! Guys quiet down.” Joon hollered.

“Good morning! I look forward to your cooperation today.” Onew said, then bowing politely.

I scoffed when the girls squealed at him.

BEEPSHK

I quickly turned my head to see Sulli’s hairclip blaring and illuminating light.

“Whose alarm is that?!?”

 Our teacher glared seeing the demon girl cower underneath his eyes.

“I’m sorry!” She sulked, pouting slightly.

Joon punished her with extra lesson questions, and then we went on with class. The day wasn’t very eventful and soon it was lunch time.

We went up to the roof as usual.

“My detector wasn’t responding yesterday…Maybe the lost spirit just entered him recently, which means the level of the ghost must still be low. Let’s get started immediately!”  Sulli fist pumped the air and I shook my head.

“No, I’m going home.”

She quizzically looked at me and I sighed.

“Make a clone of me with your robe; I’m going home to think about this conquest. Love with a teacher is difficult. He’ll only think of me as a student and I’ll have to change that. Understand?” I tiredly continued walking, not waiting for her reply.

Down the stairs and now outside the school, I was just about to leave the boundary until a shout interrupted my actions.

“Kibum! Where are you going? Classes haven’t ended yet.”

I turned around and faced Onew, his bright smile hurting my eyes.

“How about you have lunch with your teacher?” He excitedly pulled out a container of chicken.

“No…I’m fine…”

Why was he doing this? We can’t develop a relationship in school, or else it will permanently only be student and teacher.

“Aww…and I just bought this chicken too…” He slouched.

“Well…it seems like I caught a cold so I’m going home.” Before I could get away from him, he leaned in on my face.

“Cold?” I could feel his warm hand go under my bangs and touch my forehead.

My cheeks went a deep pink, and he chuckled.

“You seem fine to me, so let’s have lunch!”

Onew dragged me on to a bench, handing me a piece of chicken partially wrapped in tissue. Its scent drifted under my nose, but I resisted its tempting smell.

Why was I being attacked? I should be the one approaching him, I don’t understand. I’m even trying to avoid speaking or staring directly at him, so why does he keep talking to me?

“Look at Jason Mraz,” He took my chicken away and showed me a picture of a brown-haired American on his phone.

“He’s one of my favorite singers. Although auto-tuned and fuzzy music is more popular these days do to the fact that it pursues the power of reality, his simple acoustic songs show the idealness of music! The motivation inside his voice is really amazing.”

“Ideal more than reality…” I mumbled.

“Oh you spoke!” He clapped his hands.

Realizing what I did, I got up and was about to leave before he took hold of my fingers.

“Talk to me anytime, I really want to help you.”

 

Leaving, I slipped into the our classroom. Sulli was preparing a substitue of myself, but I interrupted her. 

 

“I don’t understand why he came to me!” I told the confused devil, wrinkles forming on my face.

 

“I think he worries about you, since you are a problem child.” She answers honestly.

 

Tapping my chin, I thought about it.

“I’m a problem child?” 

 

--

*Because of Hana Kimi I thought it would be clever to make Sulli have a crush on Minho; like JaeHee and TaeJoon

A/N: Wow I just re-read this whole story and my chapters are really boring omg why do you guys like this story I don't understand.  Sorry for the really bad grammar and revision I put into this chapter I got lazy okay.

I am really rushing with this story now since I don't think filler chapters are needed anymore. Plus I want to start a new story, a real boring, descriptive, sad one lololol.

Anyways, the whole "Jason Mraz" thing was because I've seen SHINee sing a lot of his songs.. -I looked it up and Stevie wonder and Elton John are actually Onew's inspirations.