[D.O] Simple pleasures

This is how we love [Collection]

Title: Simple pleasures

Pairing: D.O x EXO-K

Genre: fluff

Word count: 814

Rating: PG

Summary: D.O likes things simple

Notes: It’s funny how sometimes the characters kinda take over the story. This was originally supposed to be Chanyeol, but then I had the image of EXO-K freezing dead in their tracks and that made me think of Umma D.O xD He’s really grown on me and I love him so much xD Anyway, hope you like!

 

Simple pleasures

 

That morning, D.O wakes to the most wonderful sensation – warmth.

Cracking his eyes open a little, he shades a hand over his face as the rising sun showers him in its bright greeting.

He peeks over to check the clock. 7:12am. Still have plenty of time to sleep. D.O loves the feeling of merely knowing he can sleep more.

With a satisfying whump, he plops back into the covers, appreciating the sensation of the warm fabric against his cheek. As his eyelids flutter closed, he smiles.

Simple things are the best

 

When he finally decides to get up later, he slips out from under the comfort of the cozy covers and pulls on a pair of jeans and a dark T-shirt. He welcomes the fresh scent of clean laundry that radiates off his clothes like the aroma of newly-cooked food.

As he walks down the hallway, he notes the unusual quiet that blankets the dorm. Normally there is some sort of commotion going on, Baekhyun and Chanyeol bickering or Kai complaining about something or another.

He is surprised to find the dorm empty. Shrugging, he brings the coffee-maker to life. While he blows the steam off of the warm chocolate-colored liquid, a slip of paper stuck on the kitchen counter catches his eye.

Picking it up, he reads,

 

“We’re out shopping, ‘kay? Didn’t want to wake you. We should be back around 3!

Kai ;)     Baekhyun ^_^      Chanyeol :DDDDDDDDD     Sehun :|     Suho :)”

 

Scribbled at the bottom are his band-mate’s names. D.O lets out a low chuckle, loving the way Suho’s and Baekhyun’s pretty script contrasts with the other’s untidy scrawl. And, he must admit, the emoticons are very fitting and completely necessary.

He glances up at the clock. Four hours to relax alone. Stretching, he looks around for something to do and his bright eyes fall on the CD collection beside the stereo.

After flipping through, he slips an album of nature and piano pieces into the CD player. He settles down into the couch, leans back and closes his eyes. The dulcet tones of the song drifts easily around him, touching everywhere and yet not at all.

Later, he notices that the sound of rain isn't from the CD and he glances up. Like the way Suho wipes the water-stained mirror in their MV, a wide grin spreads across D.O’s smooth features.

Refilling his mug, he wraps his long fingers around the steaming cup, feeling the warmth seep from his palms to his core, and leans against the window. Watching the droplets creating a lullaby against the glass, he stands there, appreciating the beautiful simplicity of the moment until…

BAM!

Jumping at the sound of the front door being flung open, D.O sets his mug down. His ears are soon greeted by a string of profanities.

“! The rain came so fast!” He raises an eyebrow at the sound of Kai’s voice.

“Yah! Move it Kai!” Baekhyun’s smooth voice yells. “My clothes are getting wet!”

“Guys… Calm down…” comes Suho’s exasperated voice.

All of them tumble into the kitchen. About a dozen plastic bags are split among them. From his spot against the living room window, D.O watches them unnoticed, arms folded against his chest.

Pushing his dark brown hair from his eyes, Baekhyun glances up at Chanyeol.  “Did you get the galbi?”

The tall rapper looks around. “Uh…”

“You—”

“Don’t worry, hyung,” Sehun pipes up. He holds up a drenched plastic bag. “I’ve got it.”

Walking over towards the living room where D.O is standing, Kai groans. “, I’m cold,” he mutters, ruffling his long dark hair in a way that would make fangirls scream.

Then they catch sight of D.O standing there silently. All five members freeze.

They’re dead. They’re soooo dead and they know it. Any second now, D.O will be chopping their heads off to feed to the wolves for getting the white floor dirty. Might as well call the funeral home now for a mass burial.

But none of them move. The five just stare transfixed at the umma of the group. Until Baekhyun makes the first comment.

“H-hi.”

At this, the short-haired vocalist can’t hold it in anymore.

Suddenly, D.O’s clear melodic laughter, like the song of chimes in the spring wind, fills the room.

Bewildered, the others blink and glance at each other with confused expressions. But when they see how funny they look standing there gawking and drenched with rain, they burst out laughing as well.

D.O loves the way their voices blend together. Suho and Sehun’s quiet chuckle with Kai’s characteristic snicker and Baekhyun’s sweet giggle and Chanyeol’s deep rumbling laugh.

They are simply meant to be together.

Yup, the simple things really are the best