[Luhan/ Tao] Rubik’s cube

This is how we love [Collection]

Title: Rubik’s cube

Pairing: LuTao/ Taohan (Luhan x Tao)

Genre: fluff, romance

Word count: 488

Rating: PG

Summary: Tao is as complicated as a Rubik’s cube.

Notes: Hahah, I haven’t heard this pairing before, but, since Luhan likes the Rubik’s cube and Tao is complicated, it works xD. Though I feel like all Kpop boys are all contractions. Like they’re fluffy and cute like a Teddy bear one moment, then they are a smoldering hot god the next xP Oh well… Oh, with Tao’s hint, I just made that up. I’ve never really played with a Rubik’s cube so I just…yeah… xD Hope you like~

 

Rubik’s cube

 

Tao is a whole mess of contractions. To Luhan, his younger bandmate is as complicated as his new five by five Rubik’s cube.

Luhan sits there in the dorm’s living room, long legs dangling over the arms of the poofy armchair, and frowning down at said object in his hands. He examines it. This one has a pattern that he has never seen before. He sighs and puts it on the coffee table and stares at the ceiling.

He couldn’t figure the stupid puzzle or the taller boy out.

On one hand, Tao is a formidable marital artist. Just by walking into the room, he exudes a powerful aura that makes everyone stop and stare in awe. He remembers watching the younger’s teaser and did not envy the men in black one bit as Tao beat them up efficiently. Even if they were just acting, Luhan won’t have been them for anything.

But, on the other, he is the panda maknae with another formidable weapon, no less dangerous than his arsenal of wushu moves. Even their -faced, ice-hearted leader, Kris, had fallen victim to the youngest’s aegyo, and not just once. His poor wallet is proof that the duizhang is not immune to the charisma of Tao’s overwhelming cuteness.

In short, Huang Zitao is basically a walking, talking, -kicking paradox.

Just then the younger walks in. Luhan looks up and thinks to himself, “Well, speak of the devil and the devil shall appear.”

His eyes connect with those dark and depthless ones. Again there is that magnetic aura.

“Where’s Kris ge?” Tao asks in that smooth voice. He doesn’t need to raise his voice – it just carries.

“In the kitchen with Yixing,” the older replies, gesturing.

Tao nods and takes a few steps before stopping. “Oh Luhan ge.”

“Hmmm?”

The younger flashes an adorable smile. “Red calls two.”

Luhan blinks a few times before realizing what the other is saying. Grabbing his Rubik’s cube, he finds the side with the most red and twists the leftmost row twice.

Click! Click!

To his astonishment, the cube forms a familiar pattern.

“Wow, thanks!” Luhan exclaims, sitting up straighter and eyes bright.

“My pleasure,” Tao returns warmly. “In return for the dinner you saved me last night.”

Luhan scratches the back of his neck. “It’s nothing…”

“Well,” the younger says, shifting his backpack higher onto his shoulder. “I’m going out!”

“慢走 (safe trip),” Luhan replies, grinning.

The front door closes with a small snap. Luhan stops, gazing at the half-finished cube.

Now he understands. Before a kickass marital artist and before a "bbuing" panda maknae, Tao is still a person. A gentle man with a big heart.

Tao is like a Rubik’s cube. Luhan is far from figuring him out but…

As his hands move again, a soft smile spreads across his smooth features.

Some rows are lining up.