[Baekhyun] Stardust

This is how we love [Collection]

Title: Stardust

Pairing: just Baekhyun

Genre: angst

Word count: 447

Rating: PG

Summary: Baekhyun owes a lot to what he likes to call “stardust”

Notes: Yeah… I wanted to have some individual shots too. To me, Baekhyun is the type to worry a lot and neglect himself in order to make the fans happy. Like everyone else, he wants nothing more to be brilliant. Oh, and I imagined this situation at their first showcase when Baekhyun and D.O sang What is love? after Luhan and Chen sang Baby, don't cry. Baekkie baby don't cry~ <3

 

Stardust

 

Baekhyun always attributed his brilliant and charismatic side on stage to what he liked to call “stardust.” It was something like a drug, pulsating through his veins and empowering him one moment then vanishing like Cinderella at midnight in another instant once its magic wore off. Every time his foot stepped on to the performance platform, he was cloaked in its radiance.

Today was no exception. Baekhyun felt the heavy beat of the music overtaking the rhythm of his heart. Like a shot of espresso, it energized him and make him feel awake, aware, alive. Thus was stardust.

Swaying to the beat, Baekhyun watched D.O, his partner in this duet finish his last lines. “I can tell, this is love. I will make you smile often like a child. I will make you feel the most comfortable, like a friend…”

Picking right where the younger left off, Baekhyun sings the final verse, feeling the veins in his neck stretch and bulge as he released the emotions in his heart.

“My babe, baby babe, baby baby. Tell me, what is love?” His voice, magically magnified, rang out into the crowd and melts into the fans’ cheering. The last note is drenched in the magical substance, making it heavenly to all who were present.

And he stood there, basking in the splendor and glory of the moment.

“Thank you!” He beamed brightly when the song drew to a close, bowing and following D.O offstage.

Backstage, everyone is moving everywhere.

“Next up, Kai and Lay, are you ready?” their manager asked hurriedly. “Kris and Chanyeol are already out there.” Then the older man caught sight of Baekhyun. “You won’t be up for a while, take a rest you two.”

D.O nodded and walked off to get a drink of water. Baekhyun stood there a moment, a little lost. He watched as their leader Suho and maknae Sehun move to talk to D.O, laughing when the latter said something.

Turning, Baekhyun strode into the dressing room. It was empty since everyone else was getting ready for their next part. Locking the door behind him, the brown-haired boy collapsed onto the couch. He buried his face in his hands.

Whenever he was alone offstage, another side emerged. The worrying and anxious side of Baekhyun took over.

How did I do? He wondered. A hundred questions clouded around his head, dark like a thunderstorm. Was the performance good enough? Did I get all the notes right? Were my expressions right? Did I give it my all? Were my band mates proud? Were the fans happy?

And, as he sat there alone, he felt the stardust fall of him…

 

 

-------------

Word inspiration: startdust, weakness