Before lunch time (Part 1/2)

Those behind the scenes!

A lonely light shone in the center of the room. A room completely quadratical and with all lights out, except from the lone one in the middle. The dark chocolate brown walls in combination with the darkness made the room feel wall-less, as if it had no end of space and the unusually high ceiling just added to the effect. The room wouldn't be considered big... but rather... huge!

 

Only one kind of furniture existed in the room, that of tables, empty tables. All in the same dark chocolate brown colour as the walls. Positioned outafter the four walls in neat lines and pushed up against the walls leaving no space inbetween the tables or the wall. Thus, blending in nicely with the walls, almost unnoticeable.

There existed only one small ''hole'', a bit of space by the wall where no table was placed.

This, for the sole reason to not block the one and only door connected to the room. The door, also dark chocolate brown, and almost unnoticeable. To note, no windows.

 

The light in the middle originated from a table-lamp, placed on a huge black table standing in the absolute middle of the room. A lone person could be seen standing by the table. With her hands on the tables edge and in a slightly crouched position, Diana's eyes flickered over the large amount of sketches sprawled out all over the table. The sketches – quite messily drawn – were all of males in different attires. The designs were all of big variety, some modern and others more original. But, they were all ''fresh'' with a certain sophisticated and classy feel to them. Soft, light colours was the obvious dominating palette, such as marine blue, beige, white and light brown. On each piece of paper, small pieces of fabric were stuck, all much similiar to the colours on that one certain sketch.

 

Unconsciously, Diana raised her hand and tugged at her hair-bun at the top of her head for the umpteenth time. Being to immersed in her sketches she didn't notice the door opening slightly and two eyes laying their gaze upon Diana. Soon, the door closed again.

 

The owner of the eyes turned around and shook her head slightly. ”I don't think it's a good time to disturb her right now...” The woman in her – obvious - late forties looked apogetically at the male infront of her.

 

The male sighed and looked at his wrist-watch. ”Then... later? In about seven hours, will she be available then?”

 

The woman started on her bracelet, not daring to meet the males eyes, feeling all too apologetic. ”I don't know... though Im her manager I really don't know much about her schedule... She's so impulsive when it comes to her work.”

 

The male scratched his head and thought for awhile. ”Can you atleast tell her and try to make her available? Please do call me three hours ahead of time and tell me if it's possible or not.”

 

Feeling grateful for his understanding she raised her head and smiled before bowing several small bowes. ”Thank you, I'll definitely try to make her available!” After hesitating for a moment she added, ”Please send my regards to Wonbin-sshi.”

 

The man chuckled and raised his bag from the floor and placed it on his shoulder. ”Sure, the same, bur regarding Diana.” With that, he bowed once and then hurried off.

 

When he got out of sight she exhaled and but a hand to her chest, feeling reassured. ”My.. my...” She mumbled as she went behind her desk and slumped back in her seat. Her eyes feel upon the tray that lay infront of her, it had been standing there for the past two hours. On the shiny metallic tray a white plate was placed, with several sandwiches on it and all with different fillings. Kitchen-plastic was covering the food, to keep it fresh.

 

”OMMA~!!” Some would've said it was a scream and some not. Though loud as a scream the voice didn't sound strained and the tone was calm.

 

”Ye-.. Yes?” The woman flew up from her chair and soon stood by Diana's side in the ''choco'' room, as it was known as. On the table there were now three neat piles of paper – the sketches. Diana pointed to each of them and explained what they were to be done with.

 

”Throw away! Save! Print up!” After that being said, Diana left the room with big steps, not sparing her mother a second look. Her mother picked up the piles and hurried after Diana to catch up with her before it was to late. Stepping out of the dark room she had to stop for a moment to let her eyes adjust to the new light, a light quite strong as the room was white, a big contrast to the previous dark room. Having blinked a few times she immediately scanned after Diana, not seeing her she placed down the pile of papers on her desk and hurried out of the room entering a long but wide hallway with several doors outafter the two walls. With small steps and as fast as she could she ran down it and at the end came out on the top of the stairs in a new room, having full view over the boutique below her. While running down the stairs she scanned the room after the familiar figure of her daughter, she didn't have to search for long.

 

”Two different collections means two different racks! Clear?” Diana's voice was low but the force behind her voice made the young woman infront of her wince and practically shrink

 

”Diana dear...” Diana's mother took a firm hold of Diana's right hand and squeezed it lightly. The employee immediately bowed and mumbled, ”Mrs. Seomun...”

 

Diana not taking her hand from her mothers grasp, kept looking at the clothes on the rack with her left hand, searching for more errors.

 

”Wonbin-sshi's manager was here awhile ago, can you make yourself available in about six and a half hours? He would like to add some designs. I think...”

 

”Im available.” Diana squeezed her mothers hand once before she withdrew it and headed for the street exit.

 

Mrs. Seomun looked lost for awhile after Diana had disappeared but she soon realized the existence of the employee. ”Come with me, I'll show you the collection catalogues and you can rearrange with the help of those.” The employee willingly followed.

 

- - -

 

Renn sat in her leather chair with her knees pulled up and with blank eyes staring out at the grey clouds. The keyboard was just infront of her but she had ignored it for awhile now. What had preoccupied her mind for awhile now was whether the clouds were rain clouds or not. A big difference for her, as rain would make her fingers play effortlessly. Something she yearned for. She'd been busy the whole day discussing with a certain Lee Hyori about which composition would fit her the best. Discussing? No... stating!?

 

''Clients'' as Lee Hyori weren't her favourite, instead of having a group of bussinessmen that ask for the compositions on a USB-memory and send a simple answer with the sum back, Lee Hyori came herself to the studio and blabbered on and on about whatnot. Not much got stuck in Renn's head since she hadn't paid attention - ofcourse. What had caught her attention for about two – freaking - hours was an advertisement in a random magazine Lee Hyori had brought with her, that was telling Renn about a recently opened cake-shop in the neighbourhood. For most people useless but for Renn a relaxing thing to concentrate on, instead of listening to a mouth going off as machine-gun.

So when the question came ”What do you think?”, Renn ended it cleanly.

 

”Only track four can accept your voice and writing skills, do you want it re-worked?”

 

Lee Hyori had ofcourse heard tons about Renn and her way of ''interacting'', but experiencing it was another thing. Lee Hyori had experienced many ''quiet'' persons, but for the first time in her life she felt like she was talking to a wall, where the sole answer for the whole meeting already was decided and officially ''burnt in'' the wall, obvious for anyone. After discussing the payment and other issues Lee Hyori left, never before had she done a deal as fast.

 

As much as Lee Hyori didn't want to come back – since talking to a wall isnt that enjoyable – she'd like to hear those amazing sounds again. She'd already decided that her album would be purely pop and RnB, but hearing one of those traditional compositions just when she entered the studio made her want to do trot. Trot? Banging her head on the steering wheel felt very right at that moment.

 

- - -

 

Out of eleven people, seven felt the tension in the room. While only two out of those seven felt uncomfortable with the tension, the rest... found it quite amusing.

 

The two managers present where talking in a corner while going over a schedule and JYP and his assistant were sitting by the recording table and scribbling on a paper.

 

2PM were all spread around the room, doing different things. Junsu was hanging over JYP's shoulder and listening to their conversation, Taecyeon was half sitting, half lying in the couch with his laptop on his stomach. Nickun also in the couch sat by Taecyeons – stinky - feet with a displeased look on his face while he did something on his phone. Chansung was sitting on a chair eating ramen while observing Junho who was going over some dance moves. Wooyoung was standing leaning on the wall and reading a paper, looking solid and dead as a rock.

 

Sora was sitting in a couch just beside Nickun with her knees crossed and a pencil between her lips, intently staring at the text in the book resting on her legs.

 

All in all, they all looked very immersed in what they were doing, if it just wasn't for the five pair of eyes constantly flickering between two people, keeping a tight watch on them. However, those two people were trying to do the exact opposite, they concentrated at what they were doing as if their life depended on it.

 

Taecyeon's mouth twitched when he noticed Sora uncrossing and crossing her legs again for the eleventh time. It was getting hard for him to keep quiet and he was wishing for something to happen SOON! The heavens listened.

 

”Okay guys, even though not all of you will record todays it's still good if all of you are here.” JYP had to yawn before he could continue. ”The order will be something like this; Junsu, Nickhun, Junho and Wooyoung.” Again, he had to yawn, this time Chansung got affected and did the same.

 

”Eyyy..., Chansung, please cover your mouth! You still have food in it.” Nickhun exclaimed with a frown on his face. Chansung only nodded as an answer and kept eating.

 

”Junsu and Sora, in you go!” JYP gestured to the door leading to the isolated recording room.

 

Junsu immediately walked in but Sora hesitated. ”Do I also have to go in, why?” Sora really couldn't see the reason why.

 

JYP answered her with his back still turned to her, not bothering to turn around since she sat behind him. ”My thumb is gonna break from all the pushing on the intercon button, it's easier if you're in there directly and help them.”

 

Sora understood and she couldn't argue so she nodded and headed inside. As soon as the door closed behind her she could her Junsu start laughing further inside the room, already positioned infront of the mic. When she came into his eye-sight he tried to muffle his laugh in his arm, not daring to meet her eyes.

 

”You guys are having a jolly time, aren't you?” Sora spat out as she went past him and sat down on a simple wooden chair on his right side, out of sight of those sitting in the recording studio. He nodded almost unnoticeable while he put on the headphones.

 

Sora sighed and dunked her head into the wall behind her. ”You guys are sly!” She mumbled, not sure if she wanted him to hear that or not. Just then Junsu started singing, hearing the instrumental in his headphones. For a brief second she wondered if he actually had heard her but she forgot that thought when Junsu almost immediately sang wrong, pronouncing several words horribly wrong. She stood up – coming into view - and did an X-sign to JYP and his assistant sitting on the other side of the window. Junsu groaned and pulled of his headphones.

 

”Which words?”

 

Sora underlined all the – several - wrongly pronounced words on the text sheet lying on a stative infront if him. ”These!”

 

”I guess It's different when you sing than just talk.”

 

Sora looked and Junsu with disbelief in her eyes. ”Duh!”

 

-

 

The recording kept going without any major complications and last in came Wooyoung. As he faced the window he raised an eyebrow when he noticed that all the members suddenly had positioned themselves so that they could get a clear view into the recording room. Taecyeon with his mouth twitching again, something Wooyoung hadn't failed to notice earlier. Actually, he had noticed most things but decided to ignore them, and, that's not something he was thinking of changing.

 

”Long time no see...”

 

Wooyoung hadn't expected her to actually say something... personal. ”Yes, long time no see.” He smiled slightly at her before he put on the headphones and instead focused his thoughts on singing correctly. Compared to the others he did very well and Sora didn't have to do much.

Having nothing else but him to look at, she forgot herself and let her eyes wander over his face.

 

She had missed it.

 

And him.

 

 

How come...

When I feel like writing I don't have access to the computer and when I DO have access to the computer I don't feel like writing... >.<

*cry* ;(

There's gonna be a ''part 2'' of this that's more or less done, just a few tweaks here and there! :3

 

*in reflection pose for being such a slow releaser/uploader*

Ehmm... grammar and spelling mistakes, sry... >_>'

 

xoxo - Rewind