Intro

Those behind the scenes!

South Seoul, Hannam-dong. The night lights were starting to light up as it was getting darker and under the strong lamplight by a door, built in a solid tall concrete fence, you could see four girls – well, three - standing, waiting. Two of them were comfortably chatting with each other while leaning on the cold concrete fence, another girl was standing with her arms crossed glaring down the road while the fourth girl was sitting on the ground and scribbling on a piece of paper.

 

They had actually been waiting for about 45 minutes now, waiting for the person with the one sole key to get there, and open the gate.

 

”Try again!” It was the girl with crossed arms who had spoken, with a voice dripping of fiery but restrained irritation.

 

”Hana, we've already tried a million times.” One of the girls who had been standing leaning on the concrete fence walked up to Hana and reached out her hand in which an IPhone was placed in.

 

”You can try yourself again if you want to, I bet it's still turned off.” She chuckled and signaled to Hana to take the phone.

 

Hana gave the girl a death glare and snatched the IPhone from her palm, dialed and put the phone to her ear.

 

”Im sorry but the number you're cal-....”

 

”GAH!” Hana looked at the Iphone as if she wanted to kill it, by possibly throwing it on the ground.

 

”Calm down! We don't want you to get high blood-pressure problems already!” The girl who had offered the phone said as she carefully took back her Iphone from Hana's hand, afraid that it could go flying through the air anytime soon.

 

The other girl still leaning on the concrete fence chuckled at her friends statement and you could also hear a soft short chuckle from the girl sitting on the ground, who so far had ignored the existence of her surroundings. Hana was just about to retort something back but she got distracted by the sudden sound of tires against the ground.

 

Bright car flashlights stared the girls right in their faces and they all put up their hands infront of their eyes to shield themselves from the blindingly strong light. A bit down the street the car stopped and the flashlights turned off at the same time as the engine got cut off. The flashlights off now revealed the sleek black car with tinted windows, revealing nothing on the inside.

 

For awhile there were no movements or sounds from the car but soon enough both front doors opened. Out from the drivers seat a tall lean man appeared wearing aviator glasses and stylish black clothing while from the passenger side a woman appeared. But on the contrary to the man she was dressed in a feminine light champagne coloured suit jacket with matching same coloured wide suit pants. You couldnt see any major details of the two as it was too dark, but they sure looked like they represented night and day.

 

The woman took the initiative and strode first towards the four girls as the man fell in an inch behind her.

 

”Now she comes...” Hana muttered as she recognized the womans silohuette.

 

As they came in under the light of the lamp and their faces got revealed you could her two sharp intakes of air coming from the two girls - who had been leaning against the fence - while the two other girls eyes simply widened, but they made no effort in changing their current facial expression or body position. Leaving one of the girls still sitting on the ground and the other girl – Hana – not changing her obviously irritated expression.

 

It was an awkward silence for awhile til the woman who had arrived with the man spoke up, turned to the man.

 

”Then, thank you for taking me home, I apologize for the trouble.” While saying this she respectfully bowed.

 

The man slowly shook his head in denial.

 

”No problem, it was my offer after all and I was the one who created trouble from the very start, you shouldn't apologize.” He smiled apogetically.

 

”Then, thank you for your hard work today.”

 

”Yes, thank you for your hard work too. Please drive carefully on your way back.”

 

”I will, thank you.” He bowed and also gave a slight bow in acknowledgement to the other girls before he went back to his car and soon were out of sight.

 

”Wow~! Did my eyes see right? Was that THE Won Bin? Seems like you've really scored big this time Diana!” The ''IPhone'' girl exclaimed while wiggling her eyebrows as soon as Won Bin had disappeared.

 

”Min Hee, don't misunderstand, please. I didn't take the car today and as the meeting ran over because he was late, he kindly offered me a ride home when he realized I was stressed. That's all! He's a very humble person and for him this is normal behaviour.”

 

”You're so boring unnie!” Min Hee jokingly said.

 

Diana smiled slightly as she started to rummage in her bag looking for the keys to the gate, but stopped when she felt a killing gaze in her neck. Diana turned around to meet Hana's eyes. For a few seconds they just stood staring at each other, as if they were analyzing each others mood.

 

”Im really sorry that I'm late Hana, it's really that impossible for you to forgive me?”

 

”Why did you have your phone turned off all this time?” Hana snapped back looking up at Diana with menacing eyes.

 

”Did you use my old number?”

 

"..." It became quiet as everybody proccessed Diana's words in their head.

 

”AH!” Min Hee exclaimed. She slapped her head and started laughing.

 

”It seems like we all forgot that you're temporarily using a new number.” The girl still leaning against the fence said.

 

”So Hana, drop it, it won't get you anywhere being irritated over this” She added while she picked up her bag from the ground.

 

Hana not feeling staggered opened again to rebuke but – once again – got cut off. This time by the girl who had been sitting on the ground - though she now stood up -, holding out the jacket she had been sitting on to Min Hee.

 

”You're being overly childish! Don't act your looks!” This was said with a total ''I dont care'' face which would've pissed anyone off, but Hana knowing her knew that it was the simple but harsh truth. She decided to try to forget it. Diana had also by now opened the gate, but she failed to enter the space behind first, as Hana pushed by muttering ”Im starving!”.

 

With Hana in the lead they walked the short distance from the concrete fence to the modern concrete house in front of them. After Hana had pushed in the key code they all sprawled into the spacious lobby, moving as comfortably as if they were in their own birth home.

 

Hana and Min Hee both immediately disappeared into the kitchen and 10 seconds later you could hear the coffe machine working and the strong coffe scent spread throughout the house.

 

Diana was heading to the the stairs going up when she felt a tug on her arm and turned around with a questioning look on her face.

 

”Unnie, the last time we were here, I and Renn forgot some things, remember?”

 

Diana had to think for abit first before you could see that she had understood.

 

”Oh right, im sorry Sora, I forgot. I think they're in my bedroom. I'll go get them before I jump into the shower, just wait for abit.” But before Diana could rush up the stairs Sora took a soft grip on Diana's arm to keep her there.

 

”No, you just go and shower, I can get them myself. Thanks.” She gave Diana a warm smile before she darted past her, up the stairs.

 

Diana looked after Sora for awhile with a dazed expression and then followed her, but instead of going to her bedroom located to the left she went to the right and disappeared into the spacious bathroom.

 

Downstairs Renn was in the living room lying on the big black leather couch still scribbling on her piece of paper, but her expression had now - compared to before - turned dark and her furrowed eyebrows had created a wrinkle on her forehead. It would be obvious to anyone that she was frustrated.

 

After awhile a soft sizzling sound could be heard from the kitchen and another wonderful scent soon replaced the coffe scent. Hana – with a carrot in – about then entered the living room and saw Sora sitting and organizing a bunch of papers in two piles, while Renn was still focusing on her paper with her forehead wrinkle still there. Hana's eyes shifted to the huge wall-built-in TV and then to the floor cabinet under it, a grin started spreading on her face. She flopped down by the cabinet, opened it's ''doors'' and started working with whatever things there were inside.

 

”Unnie...” She started as she went to take the TV control lying on the main table.

 

Renn's head perked up and she looked questioningly at Hana.

 

”Feel like playing some?” Hana asked as she at the same time the TV and in an instant changed to the channel showing the Wii ''start page''.

 

A smirk much like the one on Hana's face slowly crept up on Renn's face. She put her paper and pen aside, went around the table and positioned herself on the floor infront of the TV.

 

”You're SO going down today Hana!”

 

”Don't be so sure!”

 

Hana tossed a Wii control to Renn before she sat down beside her.

 

”Racing?”

 

”Racing!” Renn answered while giving a single nodd of approval.

 

Several minutes later all three girls in the living room were totally engrossed in whatever what was happening on the TV, Sora had eventually joined them as she had finished sorting the papers.

 

Diana coming down after quite some time later couldn't help but smile at the jolly scene in the living room before she proceded to the kitchen, following that wonderful scent she had been able to pick up even when she was showering. In the kitchen - as exaggerately spacious as the living room - she saw Min Hee jumping around with a big happy smile on her face. Rather than cooking food it looked more like she was dancing, well, that was still nothing new to Diana but it always surprised her.

 

”It smells wonderfully, may I ask what you are making for us tonight?” Diana asked as she approached one of the pots to check what could possibly be cooking inside.

 

”Pasta?”

 

Min Hee energetically nodded.

 

”Pasta Carnobada Min Hee style~!” She mischievsouly smiled and flipped what looked like a small but fat orange pancake on the open pan.

 

”And bindaetteok?”

 

Yep, it's Italian and Korean fusion tonight.”

 

Diana smiled and softly patted Min Hee on her back.

 

I won't question you, you know this best.”

 

You bet I do!” Min Hee chuckled at her own words and pointed to one of the kitchen cabinets.

 

Could you..?”

 

Leave it to me.”

 

Diana started picking out the plates, glasses and utensils and then disappeared into the living room where she neatly set up everything around the table. She even took her time to bring out some candles and light them up.

 

Sora noticing Diana's preparations put down her control – with a few protests from Hana - and went away to the kitchen to check up on the food. At first Sora just stood there staring at the pan with the bindaetteok and feeling watering. It had been while since she'd been eating Min Hee's food and heck she had missed it.

 

”Unnie, Isn't it done soon?” She in the end uttered looking up at Min Hee.

 

Only a few minutes more for the last bindaetteok. Could you at the mean time take out the pasta and the sallad?”

 

”Your word, my law!” Sora - as a joke - bowed and went out with the food hearing Min Hee's laugh behind her. When she placed the two bowls with food on the table behind Renn and Hana, they no longer could ignore the existence of the food, they stopped the game, put down their controls and took their places behind a plate. Soon enough Min Hee came walking in with a plate of hot bindaetteok and placed it on the table.

 

”Then~, lets eat~!”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okey~, here it is!! >.<

 

So the chosen applicants became the following: BalsaM, oxygenbubble, blommon, Tillie & staticdream.

 

I hope you chosen all still feel like being the story, please give me a hint about that by commenting down below so I know you're still with me. :3

 

And to all you other wonderful applicants, thank you SO MUCH for applying!! Im very, very grateful that you all applied! But it was really VERY hard choosing and as I've mentioned before, three of the chosen characters were actually decided by tossing a coin. xP It really was too hard to choose by myself so that became my last way of deciding. >.<

 

Btw, if any of you still feel like being in the story as a sub-character you're free to ''voulounteer'' your character by commenting down below with your characters name. =^^=

 

Back to the story!

 

I really dunno what I think about this intro... :S Im still kinda rusty from my writing hiatus... I think... >_>''

 

One thing that's for sure is that this chapter is very.... shallow... xP But please understand me, I just wanted a ''soft start'' where I simply introduced the characters in a more natural way. The coming chapters will - hopefully - go much deeper into the characters and their own personal toughts. You 've probably also noticed that I haven't revealed any of the characters profession, once again, I wanted a ''natural'' introduction and I don't think friends would keep telling each other which profession they have... :S I also think I'll keep writing in third person omniscient, I feel most comfortable with it.

 

I hope I managed to potray your characters correctly, please, PLEASE tell me if anything is totally out of place, I'd hate to let anyone feel that I just ignored their hard work in creating their character. Also, I hope that you all realize that I sometimes will make your character ''bad'', meaning that I won't in any way ignore their ''bad points'', I will more or less fully utilize them! All to make the story have some conflicts etc. ^^

 

Hmm... I think Im done with my ranting now. ^^ If you have any additional question or ideas now or anytime in the future, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

 

 

xoxo - Rewind

 

p.s Im seriously SUPER nervous now about releasing this chapter! >.< It's gonna take alot of will-power now to press the ''update chapter'' button.

HWAITING, me.. >_<'

d.s