Don't Ever Go Away

miss_lollipop's Oneshots Book 1

 

The tree children seemed so happy, playing in the field with the other friends. Two boys and one girl. They stopped running to catch their breaths. “Are you tired?” the girl asked the two boys. One of them nodded and the other one didn’t reply. The boy who didn’t reply ran to the other friends. “Myungsoo! Where are you going?” the girl asked. She was about to catch him but her friend stopped her. “Just let him plays with his friends, Jiyeon.” The little chubby girl nodded but she pouted. She was sad. She wanted to play with Myungsoo too.

“Why are you so sad?” her friend asked. Jiyeon immediately faked smile. “No, it’s okay.” She said. “No. It’s not. You want to play with him? Let’s just call him.” He headed to Myungsoo even if Jiyeon tried to stop him.

“Myungsoo-ah, let’s play!” he said cheerfully and Jiyeon hid herself behind him. Myungsoo looked at them and smirked. “No. You are all just kids.” Myungsoo stuck out his tongue. “Yah! You are also still 6 years old!” Jiyeon exclaimed. “Sorry Jiyeon, Chunji. But I can’t play with kids like you two.” Myungsoo smirked and walked away.

Chunji sighed and looked at Jiyeon who was pouting all the time. He hugged her and said, “That’s alright. Let’s buy ice cream, okay?” Chunji smiled. Jiyeon nodded excitedly and ran to the canteen to buy her ice creams.

They their ice creams hungrily. The ice creams were all over their mouth. “Jiyeon-ah, I have to go home. See you tomorrow!” Chunji said then left and ran to his mom. Jiyeon waved from afar and continued her ice cream.

Then some boys came and insulted her. “Are you that hungry?” Joon asked and smirked. Jiyeon nodded her head innocently. “Whoa. How many times you eat in a day?” the other asked. “Um, 4?” Jiyeon replied and continued . “Oh really? No wonder you look like an elephant.” Thunder said and the boys burst in laughter. Jiyeon was hurt. She tried to hold her tears but she couldn’t.

“Let me feed you” G.O said and took her ice cream. He threw it right on her face. She cried louder and louder.

“Guys, stop it.” They looked behind them and found Myungsoo

“Oh Kim Myungsoo. What’s your problem?” Joon smirked

“Just don’t annoy her. Go away.” Myungsoo said and dragged Jiyeon away

They went to the garden. Myungsoo took a tissue and wiped her face with it. “You shouldn’t eat that much. You are fat.” Myungsoo said coldly. Jiyeon nodded. She was hurt again. Especially when her closest friend said it to her. But she didn’t cry.

“Thanks.”

-

It was how Jiyeon fell for him. Kim Myungsoo, was now the popular guy in their school, while herself? She was still the same loser.

It was Junior High years. Jiyeon and Chunji were in the same class while Myungsoo in the other class. Chunji grew up well too. He was the most popular guy too. But he never forgets Jiyeon just because he had the popularity. He knew he had fallen for her. He wanted to be by her side.

“Jiyeon-ah, want to have spaghetti?” Chunji asked as they walked down the corridor together

“Sure! I’d love to! But, can we invite Myungsoo too?” Jiyeon pleaded. Chunji was a bit disappointed by her since he wanted to be alone with her. But he wasn’t selfish so he agreed.

“Alright! I will call him! You can go first!” Jiyeon ran to Myungsoo’s class. She ran to him who was chatting with his new gang, INFINITE.

“Myungsoo-ah! Do you want to have lunch with me and Chunji?” she asked, smiling. The INFINITE boys looked at her weirdly but she ignored them. Myungsoo felt uncomfortable. He felt embarrass to have a friend like her.

“No thanks. I will have my lunch with my friends. Now go away.” Myungsoo pushed her out of his class

“She is really fat. It seems like she likes you?” Hoya teased

“No. We are just friends since we were a little.” Myungsoo answered coldly

“You shouldn’t be like that, you know? You call yourself as a friend?” Sunggyu, the leader nagged. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and shrugged. Woohyun walked out of the class and followed Jiyeon.

“Hi Jiyeon.” He waved

She was still shock. It was surprising since they never talked before. “O-Oh, Hi…” she waved back nervously. “Don’t mind Myungsoo. He is always like that. I know you know him more than me but you look so sad.” Woohyun comforted. “Thanks Woohyun-sshi.” She smiled.

“Oh, I have to meet my friend. Bye!” Woohyun waved and ran. Jiyeon mumbled, “Friend or girlfriend?” she sulked and walked to the canteen to meet Chunji.

“Where is Myungsoo?” he asked and drank his tea. Jiyeon pouted and sat on the opposite of him. “He said he will have lunch with his friends.” She explained and took her bread. Chunji smiled secretly. He was so happy if Myungsoo couldn’t make it. “It’s okay Jiyeon. I will always accompany you.” Chunji said. “Thanks Chunji. You are the best! But, why are you so kind to me? You are so different with that jerk.” Jiyeon asked. “Because we are best friends. And we will always be.” He said bitterly, especially when he mentioned ‘best friends’ part.

“That’s right. But you are popular while I’m just a fat girl.” She pouted

Chunji smirked and said, “I don’t care. It doesn’t mean popular guy can’t have a fat friend right?” she hit his arms lightly and he giggled. “I’m kidding.”

“I’m wondering… Can I be a pretty girl?” she asked

“You are pretty.”

“But I’m fat.” She sighed. “I can help, if you want.”

-

High school years. Today was the first day of High School. Jiyeon was totally different. She is a goddess. “Jiyeon-ah, Chunji is outside.” Her mom knocked the door. She putted on her uniform and answered, “Yes mom.” She went downstairs and ran to hug Chunji. “Chunji-ah! I can’t wait for the first day!” she couldn’t see Chunji was blushing all the time, especially when he was hugged by the new Jiyeon.

“M-Me too…” he stuttered

“Do you think Myungsoo will like my new appearance?” she asked and looked at the blue sky

“He… will…” his heart was ached. It hurt. Really hurt.

“You like him? Since when?” he asked curiously

“Since we were in Junior High. I’ve confessed but he rejected.” She pouted. “He said I’m too fat.” She continued with a sigh.

 

Flashback

“Myungsoo-ah, I need to talk to you.” she said and dragged Myungsoo. Myungsoo who had no strength to compared with her, just followed lazily.

“What is it? I don’t have all the day for you.”

“Um… I…”

“You what?”

“I like you!”

He was frozen at the time. After 5 seconds, he laughed hardly. “You are kidding me right?” he still laughed at her. “No. I’m serious.” She replied in her serious and cold tone.

“Then I can’t like you back.” He stopped the laugh and looked at her.

“Why not?”

“Look at you! Who would like a girl like you?”

End of Flashback

 

She shook her thought and ran to the school with Chunji. Some of their classmates from Junior High also went to the same High School as them. “Who is that? Chunji’s girlfriend?” “She’s so pretty. Chunji is handsome as well.””They match each other.” Those comments made Chunji blushed. Jiyeon shrugged and went to the principal office with Chunji to get the schedule.

“This is your schedule for a week.” The principal gave them one each. “Thank you Mr. Jung.” The bowed and left to the class. The seats were arranged. Chunji wasn’t her seatmate.

“Park Jiyeon with Kim Myungsoo.”

 

DEG

 

‘I’m sitting beside him? Does he recognize me?’ she thought nervously and sat next to Myungsoo.

“Hi Myungsoo.” She greeted him bravely. He looked at her and smirked. “Hi Jiyeon. You look different.” He complimented and Jiyeon blushed. “Thanks.”

Jiyeon couldn’t focus to the lesson since she was too nervous. In the other hand, Chunji was hardly trying to hold his jealousy.

Break time, Jiyeon was hoping that Myungsoo will ask her to go with him but, no. He just left her behind and went to the cafeteria with his friends.

“Jiyeon-ah… it’s okay…”  Chunji said and patted her back

“No.” she replied and stared blankly

“Let’s go eat with me…” she nodded and followed him

-

She tried to get close to him. She did. They were close enough.

One day, she confessed to him again

 

“Kim Myungsoo… I love you…” she blurt out

“You what?”

“I love you.” she repeated nervously

“I’m sorry Jiyeon… I don’t” he said gently

“But why? I’ve changed for you!” she said. She was about to cry again.

“You are annoying. You aren’t my type.” He replied coldly and walked away. She cried again. It was because of him.

Chunji saw it and approached him. “Do you know how hard she tried to make you love her? How could you be so heartless?!” he felt like wanted to punch him.

“I don’t care. You like her? Then take her.” He smirked and walked away

“Just don’t regret if she doesn’t like you anymore and she’s going to be with me.” Chunji shouted

 

Jiyeon and Chunji were closer than they already were. People thought they were dating. But it was only friendship. However, Jiyeon could forget Myungsoo little by little.

In the other hand, Myungsoo felt something bothered him. He missed her, didn’t he? No. He didn’t. He kept on denying it. No. He wasn’t jealous over Chunji.

“Myungsoo! What happened to you?” Sunggyu waved his hand in front of the blank Myungsoo. “What?” he snapped back and asked coldly. They followed his gaze and saw Chunji and Jiyeon fed each other like a couple.

“Why? Jealous?” Woohyun teased

“Not at all.” He said and walked out of the class.

 

He went to the rooftop and rested his head on the wall. “What is this feeling?” he whispered in the silence. He touched his chest and closed his eyes. “Am I jealous?” he asked to himself

He immediately stood up as he heard boy voice. He tried to find him and he saw Jiyeon with Chunji.

“What is it, Chunji? Why do we even have to go here?” she asked innocently

“I… Um Jiyeon… Please don’t get mad okay?” Chunji asked nervously. His heart was beating faster

“Sure. What is it?”

“I- I love you since the first time. Since we were in an Elementary School.” He confessed and lowered his head

She was frozen and didn’t move. She didn’t know how to react. She didn’t know how she felt. She didn’t know what the answer was.

“I…”

“That’s okay Jiyeon…”

“I’m sorry, Chunji…” Jiyeon said. A tear dropped down her cheek. “That’s okay…” Chunji faked smile and hugged her. “I hope you can find someone better than me.”

-

Jiyeon texted Myungsoo to go to the park that they used to play. She arrived there earlier than him. She waited and waited. The rain started pouring. It seemed he wouldn’t come. He didn’t reply her message anyway.

She sighed. “He won’t come…” she mumbled

Then a figure was coming towards her with an umbrella. “Myungsoo!” she waved cheerfully with her wet body. “You idiot. Why are you still here?” he asked. “I was waiting for you to come.” She said and pouted. “Here I am. Then, what do you want to talk about?” he asked and rolled his eyes. “I…I’m leaving to Singapore.” She said and looked down. He shocked and widened his eyes. But he rather to not to show it. “Oh. For how long?” he asked. “Maybe, I will never back.” She said sadly. “Okay then… Have fun there.” He was really heartless, wasn’t he? She didn’t reply and kept on looking at her shoes.

She cried. With the raid mixed with her tears. “What now?” he asked coldly. He didn’t know she was crying.

“I know you will never love me. Not even have any interest to me. You are even happy if I leave you alone, leave your life, right? Okay, maybe this is the last time we meet. Thank you for everything. Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for being my crush. Thank you for being the only one that I love. Also thank you for being the one who breaks my heart. Thank you for coloring my day, even if you always ignored me. You taught me what love is. Love is just heart breaking, isn’t it? Love is just a fool that can fool people or we are even get fooled. Thanks for everything. I will note that. I will be back off so you can live better. I hope you can live happily with the one you love.” She burst in crying.

She couldn’t hold it anymore. She bowed to him and walked further.

His feet suddenly moved by its own. He ran and back-hugged her. He hugged her tightly. “Then I want to teach you that love isn’t only a heart breaking or a fool. Love is when you can feel the happiness in your life. Feeling loved is something you can’t even describe. It’s what I want to teach you in the future. I want to have a good life, with you only. I’m sorry for make you suffer these past years. I didn’t mean too… I’m sorry Park Jiyeon…” he whispered. Jiyeon removed his arms and turned to him.

“Kim Myungsoo…”

“Park Jiyeon, I love you…” he pressed his lips into her and hugged her under the rain.

 

You know what? I sometimes forgot if I have this Oneshot Collection #slapped. Oh my gosh. I'm sorry for making you wait, people. I will update the rest couples soon! And here is the winners for this.

 

Shout out for:

wind_devil

JungIceberg

cherry_sakura

Lily195

 

keep on reading and follow me @mee_l1