You weren't there...

stop me from losing myself

'you screwed up Zitao.. You SCREWED up... again! He's gone because of you as well.' 

BAM. Before he knew it, he had hit the bathroom wall with all his power. He hissed in pain and tried to muffle some screams, but the adrenaline in his body made him not feel at least half of the damage he made.

'that's it. You're going to step out of this group tomorrow. You're a failure anyway. An ugly, useless, horrible, failure.'

He hit the wall again. again.

and once more.

 

Blood was dripping off his fist and coloured the tiles a shade of bright red. "" he hissed. He kicked the bathroom door open and walked into the room he and Kris shared, he hadn't realized that Kris had already knocked a couple of times and was now trying to make his way in. "Tao, this is my room too y'know. You can't just lock it"

"WELL I THINK I JUST DID"

"Tao, please let me in"

But the younger was already freaking out, he tried to remain calm and ended up just throwing the pillows against the door instead of the television, which he wanted to throw so badly.  

minutes passed, and Tao had literally thrown everything he wanted, and was now panting heavily. The anger was slowly dripping out of him, until he heard the lock turning. Kris had apparently found the master key. 'Don't come in Wufan. Don't you dare coming in. don't don't don't don't....

 

please... hold me'

Eventually ater what seemed to last minutes, the lock turned and the tall blonde stepped into the room. All he did was stand there, and stare. And Tao stared back. Hurt written in his eyes.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" The maknae spat out.

"What should I say?"

"Hmpf.. nothing. You're right. 

You're always right."

"What do you mean, Tao?"

"Nothing. Never mind okay? Never mind me. Oh, you never did"

"What are you talki--" "Oh SHUT UP KRIS." 

Anger took over again, and Tao pushed his hyung roughly against the wall. The older never closed his eyes, never changed expressions, and didn't struggle. What he did was bringing his face closer to Tao's, clearly gotten hurt by Tao's comment. "What did you say? I never cared about you? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO SAY ZITAO?" His voice scarily calm and soft

"THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING. You weren't there, ge. YOU LEFT ME ALONE" He spat out the word 'ge' as if it was something disgusting, and pressed his underarm tighter on Kris his chest. The older seemed to get what he meant. "Tao, I had a meeting. A ing meeting with our manager. It was only a couple of hours that I was late."

"You think it's about that? It's everything. But never mind, I am leaving anyway. I'll go home and just.. ugh"

He released Kris and started walking towards the door, tears filling his eyes once again. 

But before he could reach for the doorknob Kris held his wrist tightly. "You're not going anywhere. Do you hear what I am saying?" 

"Yes I hear you. But I am not listening to anything you say EVER again.

Now let me go." "No." "LET. ME. GO!"

"Fight me, Tao. I am not letting you walk out just like that."

"What are you saying...?"

"Fight me!"

seconds passed, and Tao was trying his best to stop himself from what was about to come, but he couldn't. He had not properly seen Kris for two weeks and he had missed him, Kris had promised he would be home at night, he had promised him at least 6 times. Tao never made a big deal out of it if he wasn't, but when Kris wasn't here this night, this one out of all of those, it got too much.

 

--- flashback----

message from: Tao maknae <3

[Ge!! Are you okay? Are you home at 5 tonight? I really have to talk to you.]

reply: Tao maknae<3

[Ah, yes, sure. Is it that urgent?]

 message from: Tao maknae<3

[ah, yeah. just make sure you're there! But don't worry I am okay and so is everyone else ^^ Take care]

 

...

Kris had not even noticed the fist that had hit him just now. Only seconds after the pain started to come up and he could simply feel his cheeck red and swolen, but aware of the fact Tao had held back a lot of his power. But what hurt more, was the sight of Tao breaking down in heart breaking sobs, and before he could think again he already had the younger in his embrace.

"He's gone, ge. He's gone." was all Kris could make out of his words, he was simply crying and sobbing too much.

"Shh, Tao, I'm here. It's okay. Just let it out, you don't have to tell me right now." The younger threw his arms around the waist of the older and clinged to his T-shirt. The older just continued his back, trying to calm him down.

10 minutes later, he finally calmed down, and Kris pulled him sitting up the bed. The silence was killing him, but he had no idea what to say. Luckily Tao was the one speaking up first.

 

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry for hitting you. Lay... Everyone. I have to apologize!" he stood up, only to be pulled back by Kris. "It's okay Tao, they know you didn't mean to harm them. Just sit down first." 

Tao didn't dare to look at Kris and see what he had done to him, but he had to. Slowly he moved his eyes to see the blonde's cheek red and swolen, tears filled his eyes again. Kris took his not-injured hand and put it against his cheek. "It's okay, Tao. You didn't hurt me, and you held back so you obviously didn't want to. You must have had your reason. Oh... I broke my promise again didn't I?"

no answer...

"Right?" 

"You... you did." "I'm so sorry... I know this sounds lame... But I was out getting medicine for you. I know you injured your knee and back Tao, I had to get you some stuff and after that the manage wanted to meet up about some overseas stuff an--" 

"It's okay... How did you know though?" 

"Silly, I'm your friend and leader. I check up on you every day even if you don't know that. I simply asked your teacher. Now why didn't you tell me?" "Oh... I don't want to be a burden. It's not that important anyway" "it is, Tao. It really is. I am here to help you, to make this all easier for you. I know how hard it is on you so please just let me help."

Tao simply sniffed, and didn't say anything. Minutes passed and neither said anything or even dared to move. 

"I'll uh... Get you a glass of water" Kris stood up but didn't get the chance to step away from the bed because Tao spoke up.

"Today is the day... I wanted you to be here and come with me to my brother's grave."

Kris swallowed... He did not know that... 'So that's why he texted...'

"My parents of course can't come since they're in China and I didn't want to go alone... It's been three years now... and I miss him... I miss him so much, Kris... It's not getting any easier." Tears started falling again. It wasn't crying, it wasn't sobbing... Tao just let the tears fall as Kris lovingly embraced him. "You should have told me earlier, spared yourself all of this" Kris said whilst slightly Tao's still bleeding hand with his thumb, careful not to touch his wounds. 

"You ignored me. You just walked to the kitchen like that..."

"what..? Oh! No, Tao. No no no. I was putting an icepack in the freezer, for your knee. I was going to greet you afterwards. And when I heard the rest being concerned about you I kind of dropped the tea I made for you..." He grinned at his own stupidity. Tao slightly smiled too.

"I'm sorry." "No, Tao, I am sorry... I wish I had known earlier" "It's okay, ge. We can go tomorrow, he won't be mad." 

"You could have gone with someone else? Lay maybe?" "It's not the same... You're still the only one who knows anyway... And it's not the same. I only wanted you to come" Tao replied, and a slight blush teinted his face. 

"Are you sure you want to go tomorrow? We can go now, if you want." "No, it's okay... Tomorrow is okay. You're here now, everything is okay"

Tao said softly, more to himself than to Kris, and fully hugging the older. 

It didn't take long before the tiredness completely hit Tao, and he fell asleep right away. Kris noticed the steady breathing and put the younger down on the bed. He felt guilty, so so guilty. But right now the only thing he could do for Tao was being there when he'd wake up. 

So that's what he did, after gently bandaging Tao's hand, he layed down next to him and pulled the younger closer. "I'm so sorry, Zitao. I'm so, so sorry..." Of course the latter didn't respond, but he did snuggle more into Kris' warmth, making Kris smile slightly before dozing off as well.

 

-----------------------

 

ajfoepuapofiaufpoaw >< that , I know.

Anyway, I'll tell you the loose ends about Tao's brother. In my story (!!!), Tao's brother died in an accident when he was on his way to visit Tao, hence the "He's gone because of you as well" (Tao blames himself). He didn't tell any of the other members, because he wasn't close to them at that time and was so used to those things up. So yeah, his brother doesn't really have a grave because not much of his body remained so with his 'grave' Tao meant the place where the plane crashed. Uhm yeah. 

Oh and no Tao and Kris are not together. Not yet at least (sequal, anyone? lol). It's more the kind of bound I think they, or at least other k-pop idols, have with each other. Where they just obviously care a lot for each other, more than normal best friends, but are not 'in love' or something or just don't realize/admit that. 

whew okay, please comment! It'd make my day and help me improve my writing :) And if anyone has a request or something, regarding whoever, I'd like to try and write some stuff because I am so bored it really isn't funny anymore T.T