mentally drowning

stop me from losing myself

All of the members of Exo were together in Korea at the moment. They weren't in their usual dorm due to obsessive stalking (A/N LOL I can see that happening any time soon), but were now living in a bigger appartment in Busan.

It was already half a year after wrapping up MAMA promotions and they were busy preparing their comeback, which was scheduled one month from now.

Everyone was tired and overworked, and it was noticable. They were all grumpy and short-tempered, but at the same time nothing major had happened since everyone tried their best to keep their relationship as good as it was. Especially Suho and Kris.


 

This was the first evening they were all home at the same time. Everyone was slowly getting injured or sick, and their managers had basically pleaded for a couple of days rest. Thankful as they were, they were all just spread around the living room laying all over each other. Some sleeping, some reading, but all waiting for the last three to come home whilst enjoying the silence. Chanyeol, Kris and Luhan had yet to come back from the gym and they had all agreed to wait before starting dinner.

Finally they heard muffled voices coming from the door leading outside, followed by the jiggling of some keys. Baekyun was the first to jump up and opened the door even before the key met with the lock. “You're home! Finally!” He smiled as he hugged the two on the other side of the door. Two? There was no sight of Kris.

Whaddup guys!” Chanyeol came in followed by the other two. “Yo! Finally. I'm starving!” Xiumin said.

Luhan looked around to find what he was looking for, Sehun, sleeping at the end of the couch. He smiled at the sight and walked over to wake him up with a kiss on his forhead. “Morning sleepy head” “Ahw, hey hyung” the young smiled half awake.

Where's Kris?” Chen asked after greeting the other two. “Oh, had some sort of meeting. Let's just eat” Luhan replied after pulling up the younger next to him.

Whilst everyone was busy greeting each other and just enjoying the company of their favourite friends after not seeing each other for a couple of days, Tao sighed. There he thought he'd finally have someone. Everyone had someone they were the most close with, yet he was always alone and always treated as a child. Even more than Kai. He knew it was his own fault though, he wasn't that easy with other people. But it didn't matter because Kris always made him feel at ease about himself and he'd always stand up for Tao.

He had felt so alone the last couple of days, he had only slept around 4 hours everyone night for the last whole week. He had barely eaten and trained way too much. He was being yelled at, he had gotten injured, unfocused and hit and he was completely drained. He was tired mentally and physically, it was honestly a bit of a miracle that he still kept going with all the pain he felt. 'Don't cry Zitao. Don't ing cry' he told himself. But who was he kidding? No one would notice anyway. He stood up and sat at the table, waiting for everyone before starting his dinner containing 5 bites of rice.


 


 

After a couple of hours, full of laughter (in which Tao of course wasn't included), there was still no sign of Kris. 'Fine Wufan, go to hell then.' he tought to himself. He was reading a magazine on the couch, or well, staring at the pictures, and thinking. Over thinking actually. He was talking himself down in every single way, and he felt self-hatred burning up in his stomach. 'He left you Tao, Kris LEFT you. He doesn't see a reason to come back to you, he has his own business to mind and you're not part of it. You should just leave this group already you su--”

Yo guys. Sorry I'm late, had to go over some stuff with the manager. Seems like we're going overseas again!” “Kris!” Chanyeol jumped up, “finally man!” Everyone greeted him and without taking notice of Tao he walked to the kitchen.

Dumbfoulded, Tao stared at his back. Kris had just walked past him without saying a single thing... Tears stung in his eyes 'See? Does not care about you.' And they fell, tears fell from his eyes. Everyone was busy talking and laughing, and Tao was crying, he was such a cry baby. ' it up Tao, someone will notice, just it u--' “Tao, hey, what's wrong?”

It was Kyungsoo who noticed. Everyone became silent and turned to Tao, much to his disliking. He walked over to Tao and placed his hand on Tao's knee. “Tao, why are you crying?” “It's nothing Kyungsoo, leave me alone.” “It's obviously not nothing.”

Suddenly everyone came closer to him and told him it was okay, some tried to make him laugh, some tried to calm him by touching him, and some just lovingly smiled to him. It was when Kris walked back in with a surprised face when it got too much. The anger within him gew and he roughly shook all their touches away and stood up. All he did was give Kris an angry stare and he tried to walk out of the circle they formed around him.

Tao wha-”

" OFF!! All of you! Just leave me alone!" Tao yelled. He threw the magazine he was reading across the room and almost hit some of the members with it.

"Tao, calm down."  "woah easy man" Some of them tried to calm him, but he'd only get more angry. Lay put his hand on his arm and tried to ease him with his calmness "hey, buddy wh-" "DON'T TOUCH ME" he yelled and roughly pushed his friend away, who hit the table with his back. "Tao what the heck is wrong with you!" Chen walked over to Lay and made sure Tao wouldn't attack him again.

"What is wrong with me?! What is wrong with you! ALL of you!" 

He walked towards the door that seperated their living room from the dorm rooms, but Suho was first to stop him. "Tao sit down and tell us what's wrong" "Tell you what's wrong you say?!" He grabbed Suho by the collar and pushed him up against the wall, the older tightly shutting his eyes to surpress the pain that shot through him. "I thought you were the hyung? I thought you knew about our 'happiness and sadness'!" Suho just stared at him with his eyes wide open. Tao had never, not once, disobliged him or Kris. And here he was, almost seriously injuring some of them. 

Tao...” He knew that voice, he knew exactly to whom that voice belonged even without looking.

WHAT, Wufan.” He angrily turned around. But Kris didn't say anything, he was simply shocked to see Tao like that, the cute Tao that meant so much to him. Maybe just a little bit more than the rest of the members... But he could never admit that.

The look Tao gave to Kris was simply burning, it was filled with hatred. Hatred and... pain? But Kris didn't get another second to think about that because the younger had already slammed the living room door shut in his face.

What the hell... What did just happen?” Xiumin was able to bring out after leaving everyone standing there speechless. But no one got a chance to answer, because a very loud 'bang' came from the bathroom in Tao and Kris' room. And it was followed by another, leaving everyone standing there motionless as they knew exactly what was happening.

Kris was the first to hurry out of the living room and slammed the door again. Some wanted to follow but Lay simply and calmly said “No”,  but everyone understood what he meant. Those two needed to be alone.

--------------------

A/N. Sorry it doesn't look good ><. Heck, the whole story is bad.

 

just WHY won't it let me bold Tao's yelling. The only bold is the 'WHAT' and it looks lame T.T

I've tried it a million times why won't it work *smashes laptop*

 

ahem

 

Anyway, I hope it doesn't seem too unrealistic! At least I know I can feel exactly like Tao feels with the whole self-hatred resulting in aggression and stuff so yeah. Please comment and leave feedback, it means the world (:

I'll update the second and last part as soon as I can.

<3