Chapter 5. This was going to be an Interesting 2 months

The Famous One

 

My room was an utter mess.

Clothes were strewn around, and I could see my iPod sticking out of my emergency food basket.

Wow.

I was one thrown shoe away from stomping downstairs and hitting the hell out of my sister.

So I had violent tendencies once in a while

But who would blame an OCD girl in a really messy room, packing for a trip she was forced to go on by her rich sister? Okay maybe I’m exaggerating.

But Alison better get her rich girl up here before I go crazy.

Seriously, I hated packing. More than algebra even. And that’s saying a lot from the math-phobic girl. I sighed exasperatedly when no one came to my rescue.

What am I supposed to bring?

And then Alison came along merrily, humming and waving from outside my bedroom.

“ALI! There you are! So, what am I supposed to bring for this thing?”

“Oh, I didn’t tell you? My people are sending boxes over to pack your stuff and bring them over to London. You just have to bring your everyday stuff” She said nonchalantly.

“ALISON EMILY GRAY! Now you tell me?! I’ve been at this for 2 freaking hours and now you tell me it was all for nothing?” I basically screamed.

“Sorry?” Alison answered sheepishly.

“I’m gonna kill you when I’m done with this mess.” I said threateningly.

Alison just shrugged and walked away, leaving me with a pile of junk to pack.

That girl better watch her back.

-Day Of departure-

“We’re gonna be late Alison!” I shrieked, pointing at the clock.

“It’s fine. We’ll be on time. I can just ask Henry to speed a little, no biggie.” Alison said, still reapplying lipstick in the bathroom.

I rolled my eyes yet again as my sisters’ “diva-ness”. Seriously, a few years being the it girl can change you. How does someone even need lipstick on a plane anyways? Did she plan on making out with random strangers or…?

“Just come now!”

“Alright, alright. Don’t get your knickers in a twist.” Alison said, smirking and sauntering out of the bathroom at the pace of a snail.

I grabbed my luggage and we piled into my sister’s hired limo, her driver waiting patiently.

-On the plane-

“Well, this was going to be a short trip.” I said, plugging earphones into my iPod and shoving them into my ears.

“mm” my sister said, barely pronouncing the words as she quickly fell into a deep sleep.

I was fidgeting in my seat, trying my hardest not to look spazzy in front of all the business class people. How am I supposed to keep calm, knowing I’m about to meet 5 people I’m supposed to LIVE with for the next few months? Why didn’t I back out when I had the chance? A million thoughts raced through my mind at that millisecond. What if they didn’t like me? What if I was too weird? Then I stopped myself. When did I care about what some random boy group thought of me? Then I almost screamed at myself. “When you’re gonna live with them for so many months of course!” 

And then I calmed myself, trying to make myself sleep. And the angelic voice of Ed Sheeran, I finally did.  

I felt a hand lightly push my shoulders a few times, as the sound of a buzzer reverberated throughout the air. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, saying “are we here yet?” and a lot louder than I thought it was might I say, considering even the people 2 rows in front of me turned around.

I became as red as a tomato and my sister laughed as the flight attendant politely replied, “No mam, it’s just time to put on your seatbelt, we’ll be landing on 15 minutes” pointing towards the blinking and beeping sign above me.

“Alright. Thanks for your help.” I sheepishly replied as I stared squarely at my sister.

“So where are we going after this and how?”

“Uhm… back to the apartment? And limo I’m guessing. But be warned there might be a few paparazzi though my agent tried to clear the area.”

“Okay. Wait what do I say if they ask questions?”

“Just ignore them and walk. If they ask if we’re related, just nod and go.”

“Will 1D be at the uh apartment?”

“Yeah why?”

“Nothing, just curious”

I sat there, pondering the possible situations of when I met them.

 -At the London Airport-

As we went through customs, I could already hear the screams from the fans.

“Wow, they’re loud”

“Yeah, but I love them” Alison replied, smiling.

As we made our way through the airport, Alison signed autographs and took pictures, whilst I covered my eyes from the flash and ran for the exit.

“That was… scary.” I said finally, after getting into the Limo

“Yeah. Get used to it my dear sister because you are going to get much worse from now on”

“Looking forward to it” I said sarcastically, and groaned.

“But hey! At least you’ll be famous now!”

I just settled into the plush leather seats and ignored her.

The limousine halted to a stop, and I jerked forward.

“We’re here!” Alison said cheeringly.

“I can see that.”

“Hey hey no need to be grumpy now sissy!”

I just glared at her.

We got off the limo, and carried our single luggage to the doorstep of their “apartment”. I saw a large three story building, covered with glass windows, and painted white.

“This is your apartment? It’s all you guys’?”

“Yeap why?”

“I didn’t think it would be this big.”

“Well, now you know.”

Alison took out the brass key, and with a quick click, the door burst open and we stepped inside.

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that the whole living room was done very modernly, like it was out from an interior design magazine. I could not see anyone in sight though.

“Hey, I thought you said they were at home?”

“That’s what they told me yesterday. Change of plans maybe?” Alison said, shrugging.

We walked into the living room, and got the shock of our lives.

“SURPRISE!” A unison voice yelled. I was amused when I saw all different types of food laid around the table, and the one I recognized as Harry holding a “Welcome home Alison” banner.

“Aww guys! It wasn’t necessary!” Alison yelled excitedly.  

“Who else could we spoil but our favorite apartment mate!” Liam said, smiling.

“GROUP HUG!” Louis yelled, smashing the six of them together.

“Uh… Alison? Why are you behind you?” Zayn muttered, confused.

“Oh right” Alison giggled and said.

“Guys that’s Skylar, my twin sister.”

“Wait, you never mentioned a twin sister” Harry said anxiously

“Yeap, and now I have. Guys, introduce yourselves”

“I’m Harry”

“I’m Liam”

“I’m Niall”

“I’m Zayn”

“I’m Louis”

“And together, we’re one direction” They finished off.

I just smiled at their cheesiness. Well, One Direction was hotter than in pictures, I must say. This was going to be an interesting two months.