A Bitter Day

Will I Ever?

 

 

He kept texting and calling me, but I didn’t answer. I couldn’t answer. I was hurt. I felt betrayed. I sat outside on my porch and looked in the distance. If it is this hard find someone who I can trust I don’t want to search anymore. I decided to take Kibum to the beach. I packed some goodies for Kibum and I and we started our journey. Once we got there I ate and watched all the families around me. I felt alone once again. I took a Frisbee out of my backpack and played catch with Kibum. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and it was Taeyang again. He forwarded me a text from my friend.

It read: Seungri is not good enough for you only I can make you happy. Give me a chance and ill show you.

 

I glanced at my phone, then glanced at the ocean. Why would my friend lie to me? Did he want Taeyang for himself? I put my phone back in my pocket and continued to play with Kibum. I didn’t need any more confusion in my life.

 

I stopped talking to my friends and Taeyang. I focused on my career and trying find peace within myself. Being alone wasn’t so bad after all. I just had to stay busy. I walked into the gym I had recently joined and went to the locker room. When I walked out I had noticed Kwan was working out on the other side of the gym. I looked at him and walked away as fast as I could. I hope that he didn’t notice me. I sat down on a work out bench that was out of his view. When I put the weights on I felt someone tap my shoulder. I took a deep breath before turning around. When I turned around it was one of the workers from the gym telling me about the free smoothies they gave away. I felt relieved. When I finished working out I went back to the locker room. As I walked in Kwan was walking out. I couldn’t avoid him now. He stopped right in front me.

 

“What happened? We’ve been trying to get in touch with you.”

 

I didn’t want to answer, but it would be rude if I didn’t.

 

“I’ve been busy.”

 

“Well, take a break! You always work to hard. Come hang with us at the bar tonight like old times.”

 

How do I always get caught in situation where I can’t say no? I agreed and we went our separate ways. On my way home I kept thinking of different ways to get out of it, but nothing came to my mind. As night approached, I got ready and drove over there. I sat down and chatted with them like old times. We had a couple of drinks and laughed as we caught up with each other. I decided not to bring up the Taeyang situation. I left for a moment to go to the bathroom and when I came back there I was alone with the bill. How could they do this to me? Taeyang was right! I paid and left. I knew I should have ignored them. They just stayed around me for my money.

 

I was so frustrated. I now lost my boyfriend and all my friends. I decided to join an online dating site so I could meet new people. Everyone had told me to try it, but I have always been skeptical. What if they aren’t who they say they are? What if they don’t like me? How can I trust them? All these questions ran through my head, but I still did it.

 

I had been on the site for about two weeks now and I finally talked to someone who I thought was worth meeting. Tonight was my first date in a while and I was so nervous because of all of the horror stories I had heard. I was sure that this date wouldn’t be bad since we had such a connection over the phone. However, when I arrived it was totally different. He made himself out to be some rich guy.

 

He asked me to dress to impress and that’s exactly what I did, but he did otherwise. I just thought maybe we had to different ideas when it came to dressing to impress. He also made it seem like we were going some place extravagant, but when I got in his car he asked me where the nearest trail was so we could walk around. At this point I was pissed. What was the point of dressing up just to go for a walk? However, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and went out on a second date. This time it was quite clear that he wasn’t what he talked himself up to be. It bothered me that he made such an effort to pretend to be something he wasn’t. What else would he lie about?

 

I nicely told him that things were not going to work out. I thought since I did it nicely he would be ok. I mean it was only two dates. I didn’t know what kind of reaction to expect, but his was definitely something I wasn’t expecting. He pointed out all the imperfections he saw in me and told me how I wasn’t worth his time. If I wasn’t worth his time why didn’t he break it off first? I guess he didn’t like rejection.