1- Lies

Lifesaver

 

It was the prettiest day of the year. The sun was shining bright and everyone was having fun on the beach. Ah finally, after a long forever, our managers gave us some free time. Some guys we're playing soccer, all the girls we're sunbathing. I was just laying in the sun, listening to music. I had trained so much the past few days that i didn't feel like doing anything. Onew was even sleeping, he thinks the sun is great, but he can't swim, poor Jinki hyung. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep too. I thought nobody would mind. Until I suddenly heard some noise coming my way. Aish, what now...? I sighed and opened my eyes, looking into the bright sun that almost burned my eyes. I couldnt see who it was..but someone poked my head. 'Who is this?' I said confusingly.  'Taemin-ah, why are you sleeping?' I heard from behind. Ah, this was Key. You could almost here him nagging at me for falling asleep. 'I thought it was a good idea..' I sat down on my beach towel and sighed. 'But the weather is great! And..someone is waiting for you in the sea!' He laughed. Who? Who waited for me? I was curious so I stood up and watched the sea from a distance. But it was too far to see, so I had to walk to the sea. There we're alot of people swimming in the water, so how in the world could I see someone waiting for me? I looked at the water that touched my feet and got deeper into the water, step by step. I saw Victoria and Krystal throwing water at eachother.

'AH TAEMIN-AH!' I turned around with my shocked face, ofcourse it was Jonghyun. He scares me a lot, everytime. 'Where have you been? And where did he go? And wh..' Jonghyun sounded a little stressed out. About who was he talking about? I was confused. 'Jjong, what are you talking about?' 'So now you don't know?!' I didn't know what he was talking about. 'Huh? I was here alone the whole time!' Now he finally became quiet. 'But..I thought he was here? Where could he be..? hmm..' It looked like he was talking to himself, so I just stood there awkwardly. About who was he talking about? I wanted to know..I coughed softly. 'About who are you talking about..I d..' He stared into my eyes. It almost looked creepy and awkward that I had to look away. 'Minho! Minho was with you right?! He's always with you!' He almost snarled at me. Did I do something wrong? Why was he talking about Minho, I was here alone! I didn't see him all day...'I..I..what? I didnt see him, I was just laying on the beach...I thought he was pl..' He kept interrupting me. it was really annoying. Maybe he was mad at me, but why? 'But Minho said he was with you! What in the earth...' He walked away angrily and sat on the sand. Should I walk to him? Why was he being like this? My head was filled with questions. I slowly walked to him and patted his shoulder. 'Hyung, is there something?' He took his hands from his face and stared at the ground. 'I don't get it..everyone is here..aren't you worried?' He asked with his inquiring puppy eyes. Why should I be worried? Pfftt, like Minho could be in trouble..No, no..i dont even wanted to think about it. I shook my head. 'He cant..' I said softly and smiled. 'But I've been everywhere on the beach and I didn't saw him show up..' I sighed. 'It's okay, Jonghyun. Maybe he just swam really far...you know how sportive he is..' I nodded. Maybe I was right. When we we're in the car he already said those things, and that he would come back later in the evening! Maybe I really was right. The things he said we're truly no coincidence. 'Jonghyun, don't worry! He comes back later I promise' He nodded and patted my head. 'I'm sorry for being such a doubter..' I laughed and ran to the sea. I tried not to think about Minho. But it was really difficult, what if he was in trouble? Still, he will be okay. I always think too much.

'Hey Taemin-ah!' I turned around, super junior hyungs were playing in the sea. They started throwing a beach ball at me. I laughed and threw it back at their heads. Poor Soshis were they new victim. I heard Jessica and Yoona screaming and laughing. They were having fun...I started to worry again. Why am I ruining my free day while I know Minho is doing well? It just doesn't feel right. I looked at the end of the sea, but I saw no one. I shouldnt look...but I already did it without thinking about it. I swam a little more into the deep. It quickly became far too deep, I could barely stand with my toes. But I wasn't that far away...I began to think and doubt, again. What if he swam into the deep..too deep..No. No he can swim really well. But...nobody saw him today. Even manager-hyung didnt. We only saw him in the car. Then he just dissapeared. 'I come back, later? Okay?' I still know what he said, but couldnt he be more detailed? Couldn't he tell us more? Does he have a secret or something? All the questions. Again. I wanted them to be gone. I wanted him back. My eyes  teared up. What could I do? Maybe he wasn't in trouble and I'm pretending this...but what if? I realized I was still in the deep water. What now?

I could turn back, to the shallow water, the friends who are playing with eachother. Or I could go on, search for Minho, in the deep water...why not? If Minho could, why not me? But if he really was there..I really don't hope he is in danger...or even worse. Even before I wanted to think about it I tried to swim more deeper. It really was hard to swim here, but It worked somehow. However, it was getting more and more difficult. The waves became bigger. My friends became little, I could barely see them. My arms stopped working. Where was I? The sea was endless...I saw some stones close to where I was and tried to hold on to them, but my arms were too weak to grab them. I started to get angry at myself. I'm so stupid, why did I do this. But there is no way back. No Minho, it all was a lie to myself. He isn't as dumb as me to go swim here. I arm begon to bleed by trying to grab the stone and I became even angrier. I tried to scream for help but I could barely breathe. It was so difficult and I was so tired. I couldn't hold it any longer. My head started to underwater. I felt so hopeless. It was cold. I wish this never happened. But it was too late.