The Beginning

You're Too Perfect

The Beginning

Dear Diary,

Today is the first day of summer vacation. I’m determined to talk to Yuri more! I’m so glad that our apartments are in the same building which is quite a coincidence.
I’ll show Yuri I’m not a bother and hopefully she’ll like me more! Krystal says I should just give up with Yuri after my several years of this never ending crush.
I read somewhere if you like someone for more than half a year then you’re in love – I must be in love, then! Hee! Hopefully one day Yuri will feel the same… I won’t give up!

Love, Jessica ♥



“Oppa, I’m hungry.”
“What?! That’s no good, my bunny can’t be hungry!”
“Mmm mmm, the last thing I ate was some snacks about three hours ago –“She was stopped when a strong hand clasped around hers and was pulled over to a stand on the street.
I just watched the scene and cringed at the couple. I love them both, really, but how they act can really kill me, it’s just too much sometimes. I let out a sigh of irritation and reunited with the pair, squeezing besides the small girl. How amusing, I just made a sandwich. Tall, small, tall. Anyway, the aromas of the fresh food made my eyes widened a bit and slowly glanced down at the tiny girl.


“Sunny…”
“Yes Yuri?”
“Could you get me something, too?”
“Of course! Mi mi,” I winced
“Hrmm?”
“Yuri’s hungry too.”
“Aaah, Is that true? What do you want?” It was amazing how quickly his voice became casual
“Just some rice cakes.”
“Okay. Excuse me! An order of rice cakes also!”


Sunny looked up at me and smiled before managing to wiggle her hand from her boyfriends grip. Once when free, she leaned against the side of a building and pressed the back of her hand upon her forehead.


“It’s far too hot. However, we have to enjoy this summer, we’re finally out of high school. This also may be the last summer we can spend together… All 8 of us.” I nodded as I flopped the bottom of a shirt a bit, trying to fan myself and allow my stomach to not be suffocated by the light weighted shirt. Perhaps I should’ve asked for some ice cream but then I’d have to make Minho go somewhere else. You know, I should’ve made him as I’m still sour towards our past. Stupid tall, muscular, handsome –


“How’s Jessica?” I practically jumped into the air as I taken by surprise. Relaxing myself, I shrugged nonchalantly
“Good, I suppose. She still wants to hang out with me, you’d think she’d give up after four years.”
“It’s not her fault she likes you, Yuri. You should at least not be such a bitter friend towards her.”
“Then how do I act? I don’t want to lead her on even more, I don’t like her the same way she likes me! It’s annoying!” Ah, in case you couldn’t tell, I have quite a short temper.
“Alright, alright, calm down. She’s a sweet girl, though - she may just come onto you.” I let out an unintentional snort.
“Have I ever told you that you should be a comedian?”
“Many times, but that’s beside the point, she –“
“Got the food!” Minho chirped. Perfect timing.


I take my food and turn my back from the two. I don’t want to watch them feed each other. You’d think after a year the puppy love phase would end but nope, it hasn’t even begun to die. Slyly, I slip into a nearby café and let out a pleased breath of air. Sweet sweet air conditioning. I settle onto a nearby table and bring my forearm to my forehead, dabbing it against my moist forehead.


Gradually, I nibble upon the food and skim through my missed calls and unread messages on my phone. You’re learning well Jessica, you’re not harassing me as much lately. However, a sudden gust of guilt attacks me as I think of what Sunny said. Maybe I shouldn’t be so bitter, but it’s not my fault she likes me. However, maybe, just maybe, I’ll make plans with her tonight, just to keep her content and get Sunny off my back. Hesitantly, I pressed the number 6 and breathlessly listen to the buzzing. Please don’t answer, please –


“Hello?”
“Ah, hi Jessica…”
“Oh! Y-Yuri! Hi! Wha-Wh-What’s up?” Perhaps this was a mistake, she’s already begun stuttering by her third word
“Nothing much, just avoiding the two. Want to hang out today?”
“You mean like a –“
“Hanging out? Yup.”
“O-oh, yeah.”
“Any place you feel like going to?”
“Ho-how about t-t-t-h-th-“
“Sounds fun.”
“The club!”
“Sure, see you at 8.” I purposely didn’t hang up to listen to Jessica’s reaction and was pleased to hear a dolphin squeal along with a series of high pitched gibberish. My amusement quickly ran out as I ended up ending the call only seconds later. Perhaps this was a foolish idea, maybe if I invited Sunny and some other girls it’ll be better. Yeah, I’ll do exactly that.


Arising from the chair, I stiffly headed towards the door and braced myself for a sudden gust of humidity. I heard a few pessimistic mutters and sharply glared at any by passers, only to see some engaged in their own conversations. Awkwardly, my hand ruffled the back of my hair as I shook my head a bit. I’m going insane.


“Yah! Lover boy!” I saw both of them wince at the sudden outburst. A timid Minho looked at me as he wiped his lips shyly. I knew I interrupted a moment and honestly speaking, I was quite glad I had. Marching over to Sunny, I lowered my elbow upon her shoulder and stared up at him. My lips twisted into a smirk. “Why don’t you make yourself some use and go get us some ice cream?”
“But…” He began
“No buts, it’s hot out, you want Sunny to faint?” His eyes suddenly widened. My smirk widened. “Didn’t think so, shoo shoo ~” While Minho scrambled away, I could sense Sunny staring up at me sorrowfully. I apologetically patted her head which only resulted in making the small girl snarl a bit.


“Sorry Sunny, but I have to ask you a question.” I heard a aggravated ‘hmph’ snort out from her
“Well, what’s this question?” She grumbled
“I was curious if –“
“Do you still have feelings for Minho?”
“E-Excuse me?” I stuttered, flabbergasted
“If you do then please just tell me Yuri.”
“How could I ever?! That was a thing of a past and I could never forgive him.” The petite girl gave me a skeptical stare for about a minute because looking forward. She puffed her cheeks as I, honestly, was desperate to change the subject.


“Well?” Sunny sighed, her arms now crossed and foot thumping
“Well… what?”
“The question?”
“Ohhh! See, I took your advice and decided to act more friendly to Jessica –“
“Or is it just that I guilted you to?”
“Alright, it was that. Anyway, I’m going to a club with her tonight andddd…”
“No, no way.”
“But Sunnyyy!”
“No no no! Invite Hyoyeon or something, not me, never!”
“SOONKYUUUU.” I shrieked, collapsing onto my knees and clinging onto her legs. I never do this but… I was desperate. “Soonkyu Soonkyu Soonkyuuuu.” I pleaded desperately. I glanced up a few times with large eyes, satisfied at the fact I was making her obviously embarrassed by the pink color upon her face.


“SOONKYUUUUU!”
“F-Fine, just be quiet! I’m inviting some of the gang, although, I’m leaving after an hour!” She sure is loyal to Minho.
“Okayyy.” At least she was coming. Pulling myself up, I twisted around to see none other than a petrified Minho. “Bye Sunny – Minho.” Snatching the appealing custard, I walked away with a chuckle as I heard Minho cry out helplessly, “Why are you her friend?!”


Why did I agree to hang out with her tonight again? I scratched my scalp in search for an answer only to find none. I was settled upon the floor of my apartment, wiggling my foot which was loosely straddled inside a heel. A melody hummed inside my apartment, forcing me look up at it. Who is it? What if it’s some criminal? Cautiously, I slithered over and poked my eye through the eyehole, examining the distorted face. Oh, it’s only Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Yoona.


Wrapping my fingers around the jagged and chipped knob, I opened the door and flashed a faux cheery smile. I wasn’t shocked everyone wasn’t here. Taeyeon is obsessed with preparation for college, Seohyun would never go clubbing, and Sooyoung is most likely helping out at her father’s restaurant. It was slightly humorous to compare Hyoyeon and Yoona’s outfits to Sunny’s. Both were wearing skin tight, highly cut flashy dresses. Now, let’s move on to Sunny who was wearing dark washed jeans (How is she surviving in those?) and a high collared tank top. She really is loyal to that thing.


“Should we go get Jessica?” Yoona anxiously questioned, bouncing from foot to foot. Hyoyeon nodded, took Yoona’s wrist, and sprinted down the hallway. Sunny and I stared at the empty space before glancing down the hallway, only to not find the two. “Strange…” I muttered before wiggling slowly towards the door. I didn’t really want to go, actually. Can’t I just stay home? There are strange, dangerous people at in this world, you know. However, Sunny sensed by unwilling attitude and pressed her hands upon my back, forcing my pace to quicken. Please stop pushing me. No. I’m walking quicker. Don’t make me go! Sunny!


By the time we got there I could already hear the three and their obvious giggles. Sunny poked her head in the doorway and chirped merrily, “We’re here!” Right at that moment I heard a deafening shrill. You know, even if I went to Europe, I could still hear this girl. Jessica quickly leaped up to her feet and stumbled over to the door, smiling brightly.


“Yuri! You look so… Wahhh –“
“HEY, LET’S GET ON A MOVE ON.” Hyoyeon quickly butted in, pushing the dazed girl out of the door. Jessica’s eyes still wandered upon me even while being nudged away. I awkwardly shifted my weight and walked besides Yoona, my eye twitching a bit. I spread out my fingers on the top of Jessica’s head and turned it forward, her staring was making uncomfortable. Perhaps that might not have been the smartest gesture to do as she almost fell.


Both Yoona and I glanced at one each other then mischievously smiled. Yoona and I had the same mind sometimes, that is, when it comes to pranks or messing with people. And in all honestly, Jessica was the easiest person. My index finger made its way to a loose, jumpy curl that fell down Jessica’s back. Teasingly, I wrapped the tip of my finger around in, glancing up at Yoona with a cheeky grin. She returned it and giggled, “Oh Yuri, don’t be so sly.” I snickered a bit at her comment.


However, the next time I looked my hand was no longer on a curl, but in the air. I looked down and just stared blankly at the corpse on the floor that resembled Jessica strikingly – Oh wait that is Jessica. Is she alive? Oh, okay, I saw her twitch, all’s fine, no need to panic like Sunny and Hyoyeon are. Weird, even her hand is red. Did I make her blush that much? Man, I truly have the power. Both Yoona and I smashed hands together in a high five and innocently walked along, ignoring the glares sensed from the shorties.


Thankfully, at night the summer heat decreased, even if it was just a bit. Yoona and I were just barely being guided by the faint lighting from nearby stores and the streetlights. I believe the club is only a few blocks away as even from here I could hear a faint boom of music. While walking I heard an intense, continuous padding of feet. Turning my head back, I only ended up seeing nothing. Strange. I continued to head towards the club with Yoona dazing off besides me, humming obliviously.


“When do you think the midgets will catch up?” I questioned, the padding noise still obvious to my ears
“No clue… Probably in a few minutes or so, Jessica was pretty knocked out.” Yoona replied while staring ahead at the dim streetlights
“Imagine what she’d do if I’d even hug her or something.”
“I’d imagine we’d need to plan a funeral.”
“Yikes, I don’t have that kind of money, I’ll have to get that thought out of my mind.” Yoona giggled in response and nodded once. “Let’s make plans with Sooyoung over the weekend.” She purred while patting her hair down. With a slightly enthusiastic tone, I said “Sounds fun, I’ll be looking forward to that.”


Yoona grinned fall silent once more. However, the feet still continued to sound off, making me irritated. No matter how many times I’d glance back I still saw nothing. Once when a high pitched giggle finally echoed I turned around, irked. Raising my hand tightly scrunched together, perturbed, I hollered, “ALRIGHT, COME OUT YOU LITTLE BRAT!”


But… Wait… What…? Nobody’s there. Stiffly, my head twitched towards the alarmed, wide eyed Yoona. Awkwardly grinning, she stared at me before quickly walking ahead, speechless. “Sometimes I question myself why I’m around you people…” She muttered to herself, her head shaking loosely. Still shocked, I looked at the spot behind us. But… No… There was someone there, right? I’m positive there was! But, perhaps, maybe I’m just going insane. No, I just need to sleep more. I looked ahead and allowed my jaw to dangle at the fact I no longer saw Yoona.


“Y-Yah, Yoona, wait up! I’m not crazy, I promise! YOONAAA!”

~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this chapter is to everyone's liking and isn't too short. Even though I've been writing for awhile now, I'm still working on improving my writing, so, yeah. xD; Enjoy!