Episode 2

Magical Firefly Town

(Ke Xie turns to look at her)

Ke Xie: Nothing. (he crumbles the paper and holds it in his fist)

Xi Wang: You... Are writing a letter to someone ? (Ke Xie doesn't answer) Is that person special ? (Ke Xie still doesn't answer. Xi Wang stands there awkwardly and nods awkwardly.) Okay, then... I'll leave to my room. If you need anything then my parents are next door. So is me and my-

Ke Xie: Thanks. 

(Xi Wang stands there like "Uhhhhh...." She smiles awkwardly and walks out.)(Ke Xie slowly opens up the letter. He sets the letter on the desk and beings to write again. he takes out the engagement picture from his pocket and stares at it in silence)

Ke Xie: (in a low mumble) Xiao Die, how can you do this to me...

(NEXT DAY)

(The business is running as usual and Ke Xie is awaken by Jin Yan around 8 A.M. Back at home, Ke Xie would wake up around 12.)

Jin Yan: (walks into Ke Xie's room and he's still sleeping.)(He walks to the side of Ke Xie's bed with his hands on his hips.) Hey, wake up. It's already 10. (Ke Xie doesn't move.) Hey, wake up. (Ke Xie still doesn't move.)(Jin Yan sighs and he beings to shake Ke Xie with one hand.) Hey, wake up alright... You're such a pig slob. Wake up. (Ke Xie wakes up slowly and Jin Yan takes his hand off.) Wake up, it's time for you to work. (Ke Xie sits on his side and he looks around for a bit. He turns to look at th clock as it says, 8:49. Ke Xie turns back to look at Jin Yan and smiles, then he lies down on the bed and covers his head with the blanket.) Hey ! Seriously ?! (He beings to shake Ke Xie again. After a couple shakes, Ke Xie hits his hand away.) You dare to hit me ?! (Ke Xie doesn't say anything and continues sleeping.)(Jin Yan puts his hand on his hips again and stands there thinking. After a while, Jin Yan sighs.) Okay, I'll leave then. Wake up when you're ready. (Jin Yan takes a couple steps to the door and then quietly tip toes back. He creeps up to the end of the bed, and stands there with his hands on hips again. He then waits for a couple second and yanks Ke Xie's blanket right off !!)(Ke Xie looks up at him and curls his body.)

Ke Xie: Hey !! Don't you have some manners ?! How childish !

Jin Yan : I woke you up nicely first, but you didn't listen to me. So I got to do it this way because seems like you like it like this. (Jin Yan throws the blanket on the ground and walks out.)

Ke Xie: (he sits there in a very bothered manner.) Stupid. (Ke Xie sits there and takes out the picture invitation again. He looks at it for a bit, puts it away, and walks out of the room into the bathroom.)(He ten walks downstairs and sees a couple of people sitting at the table.)(He sees Jie Yuan and Jin Yuan walking in and out of the kitchen. He walks into the kitchen and sees Xi Wang and her dad looking over a pot.)(He goes and sits on a high stool by the little counter) Excuse me, what do you guys make here ? (Xi Wang and her dad both look up)

Da Di: You speak.

Xi Wang: You speak.

Da Di: (looks at Ke Xie and clears his throat) Ahh, we serve noodles here. Nothing else, strictly noodles. 

Ke Xie: (nods) Get me a bowl... of... Do you have menu ?

Da Di: Why don't you just order the special ? The special costs less and it taste better. You also get more food too because it's a combo.

Ke Xie: Oh, okay then.

(Da Di smiles happily and walks into the back. Xi Wang stands there in a confused way. She looks at Ke Xie, Ke Xie is looking at her sternly.)

Xi Wang: (smiles nervously) Oh, don't mind my dad. He's always goofy and he's never serious like that. (laughs nervously)(Ke Xie is still staring at her sternly.)(Xi Wang feels uncomfortable and walks out.)

Ke Xie: Miss. (Xi Wang stops walking and turns around slowly to look at Ke Xie.) Is there a post office near here ?

Xi Wang: Post office ?

Ke Xie: (nods) Mm! I have something I need to send out.

Xi Wang: Uhhmmm... Actually, I- (Jie Yuan walks in. Xi Wang and Ke Xie turns to look at Ke Xie.)

Jie Yuan: (looks at Xi Wang and then looks at Ke Xie) What ? Why are you gyus looking at me for ?

Ke Xie: is there a post office near here ?

Jie Yuan: Why ?

Ke Xie: It's my business.

Jie Yuan: Oh, well about your business. The closest post office is 65 miles away. The closest gas station is 25 miles away. This town contains 12 cars and only 4 of them actually has gas. The gas price isn't cheap and if you want to walk it will take a while. Where did you want to go again ?

Ke Xie: I don't care how far it is. Just get me there.

Jie Yuan: do you think it's that cheap ? You pay then ! (holds out his hand)

Ke Xie: I don't have money. But as soon as you get me back to town I'll give you money. I promise you. (Jie Yuan walks off.)(Ke Xie looks at Xi Wang)(Xi Wang walks off.) Hey ! Ugh, what should I do now ? (Ke Xie sits there quietly and hopelessly)

(AFTER ABOUT 5 MINUTES)

(Da Di walks out from the kitchen)

Da Di: here !! You're noodles sir !! (Sets a bowl of noodles next to Ke Xie)(Ke Xie takes it and starts to eat.)(Da Di looks at him for a bit, and he sits down next to Ke Xie) Young man-

Ke Xie: Call my Ke Xie.

Da Di: Oh, Ke Xie, I wanted to ask. How did you end up on the outskirts of our town huh ? Usually no one arrives here so we all see the same face everyday. How come all of a sudden you fall from the sky and end up here ?! You know what they say ? They say that you will only arrive in our town if you made a wrong turn. 

Ke Xie: Oh. (Continues to eat)

Da Di: (smiles and nods) yes, yes, yes. (Silence) Okay then ! Enjoy your meal. (Da Di walks off)

(LATER THAT NIGHT)

(Ke Xie eats another bowl od noodles. Jin Yan and Jie Yuan has gone out to go buy some pasteries)(Da Di and Xi Guang is sitting next to eachother. Da Di is starring at Ke Xie like crazy.)

Da Di: Mommy, he didn't pay for the other bowl earlier.

Xi Guang: It's okay. I'm pretty sure he'll pay this time. (They both sit there and watch Ke Xie finish his noodles. Ke Xie goes into the kitchen with his bowl and then walks out and goes straight upstairs.)(Xi Guang and Da Di look at eachother with suprised looks.)

Da Di: Mommy. (Xi Guang sits there quietly staring at Da Di.)

Xi Wang: What are you two doing ?

Da Di: Little sister, did you notice that the Ke Xie man didn't pay for his two bowls of noodles ?

Xi Wang: (thinks for a bit) Yeah. So What ?

Da Di: aiyo !! Are you dumb my dear ?! When you go eat at a restaurant you're supposed to pay for the fee that the food costs ?! You don't see it ?!

Xi Wang: But, isn't he staying with us now ? Soo... It should be okay if he doesn't pay right ?

Da Di: Xi Wang, ask Jie Yuan and Jin Yan. Do they pay when they eat ?

Xi Wang: then why don't I pay ?

Da Di: Ermm... I.... That.... Uhhh... Aiyo !! Because you're the only daughter so you're special okay ?!

Xi Wang: How can I be the only girl if you guys only had me and Jie Yuan ?

Xi Guang: Meaning that you're the only girl in the house a lot of the times besides me. (Xi Wang nods with an "Ohhhh, I get it face")

Da Di: you get it now ?

Xi Wang: Mm !! (smiles big) I understand now. (Da Di nods.)

(Jie Yuan and Jin Yan comes back home.)

Jie Yuan: I told you not to buy that one. It's not even that good.

Jin Yan: you ate 3 of them so you must like it.

Jie Yuan: You were the one ate 3 of them !

Jin Yan: You !

Xi Guang: Heyy !! Why are you guys screaming fro again ? (sighs)

Xi Wang: You two !! You guys argue everyday and every night ! Don't you guys get tired to yelling all the time ? How annoying. (Xi Wang sits in a very slouched position)

(Jie Yuan goes to sit across from Xi Wang and hands her a bag of pasteries. Xi Wang grabs teh bags and begins to go through it. Jin Yan walks to Xi Guang and Da Di then goes sit next to Xi Wang. They all sit there quietly. Jin Yan decides to sleep over for the nigth and shares a room with Ke Xie.)

(NEXT DAY)

(It is barely 5 AM and Ke Xie wakes up. He grabs the letter on the desk and grabs Jin Yan's keys off the dresser top. He walks out of the store and gets on Jin Yan's bike and drives off. When everyone wakes up they are all scared and panicking that Jin Yan's keys and bike are gone. Also Ke Xie is missing. Jin Bao San and his crew are all in the store too.)

Xi Wang: What ?! (Jin Yan is standing there with his hands on his hips.)

Da Di: Wait... Sooo.. You're telling me that the new guy took your keys in the middle of the night and drove off ?

Jin Yan: It's must have been him ! What other explanation is there ?!

Jin Bao San: (raises his hand) Excuse me. Isn't it possible that someone broke in and kidnapped him and your keys and bike ?

Da Di: (turns to Xi Guang) Mommy, was the door closed this morning when you woke up ?

Xi Guang: It was... But it wasn't locked.

Sha Yu: See !! We are right then !

Jin Bao San: But it was my idea, so what do you mean "we" are right ?

Sha Yu: well, You and me are like one person so If you say it then isn't it the same as me saying it ?

Jin Bao San: It's not the same.

Qi Meng: Yes it is !! (they all start to argue.)

Jin Yan: Hey !! Go argue about your little trouble outside !! We don't care about you !! (JIn Bao San does a motion sigmanling be quiet.)

Jie Yuan: It should be alright though right ? (Jin Yan turns to look at Jie Yuan.)

Jin Yan: How ? How can it possibly be any better ?! I lost my keys and my bike. How is that going to be good ?!

Jie Yuan: What do you think ?

Jin Yan: what do I think ? (he walks up to Jie Yuan and grabs his shirt like he's going to punch Jie Yuan.)

Xi Wang: Wait !! Wait !! (Jin Yan turns to look at Xi Wang.) I think what Jie Yuan is trying to say is that, even if he goes, he won't get far. Right ? (Jie Yuan sighs and takes Jin Yan's hands off.)

Jin Yan: Why ?

Xi Wang: Well, if you think about it. He's only been here for 3 days. I bet he doesn't even know where he's heading. He wouldn't get far am I right ?

Xi Guang: Yeah... That's right. He won't get far. Just leave him be until tomorrow then you guys can go look for him.

Jin Yan: then just leave it at that. (angrily sits down.)(Xi Wang looks at him as he sits there angrily. Xi Wang walks into the kitchen and makes some noodles really quickly. Everyone goes back to what they were originally doing. Xi Wang comes out with a bowl of noodles and chopsticks and sets it infront of Jin Yan.)

Xi Wang: Wang Jin Yan. Eat ! (Jin Yan looks up at Xi Wang angrily. Xi Wang's big smile slowly fades and she sits next to him. She grabs the chopsticks and grabs some noodles.) Here, eat ! (Jin Yan stares at Xi Wang angrily) What are you doing ? Don't be mad anymore. (Jin Yan keeps staring at her. Xi Wang smiles)(In a different voice, Xi Wang speaks.) Excuse me captain, we have a plane goign to land in a couple of minutes. We need a place to land. (She turns to look at Jin Yan and smiles.) Captain, the plane is coming now, voooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm !!! Jin Yan, open your mouth !! (Jin Yan looks at Xi Wang with the same angry expression.)(Xi Wang's smile fades.) Okay then. Be mad like that then. (Xi Wang gets up and leaves.)(Jin Yan sits there angrily and walks upstairs after a couple of minutes.)

(OUT IN ANOTHER PLACE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.)

(Ke Xie gets off the bike and takes off the helment. He stands around looking around confusingly.)

Ke Xie: where am I ? (he scratches his head and stands.)

Ke Xie: mind: I shouldn't have left. I don't even know my way around here. (Ke Xie straches his head again and gets back on the motorcycle to leave.)(When he turns on the engine, the engine displays low fuel. He shrugs it off and drives a little further, then the bike dies.)

Ke Xie: hey, seriously. Die at this moment ? (Ke Xie gets off and stands helplessly.)

Ke Xie: mind: I'll just walk then. (He beings to walk.)

(Back in the town. The shop is already closed for the day and Jin Yan walks while Xi Guang and Jie Yuan are cleaning. Da Di is sitting at a table counting the money.)

Da Di: Ah ! Jin Yan, you're back. Uhh... (laughs.) It's kinda late.

Jin Yan: Where's Xi Wang ?

Da Di: Xi Wang ? Why ? (Jin Yan doesn't say anything.)

Xi Guang: she's in her room dear. (Jin Yan walks upstairs.)

Jie Yuan: (watches Jin Yan walk up) Why is he looking for Xi Wang ? He's not thinking of anything nasty right ?

Da Di: oh..... Possible. (nods.)

Xi Guang: Maybe he just wants to have a chat with her. Don't be like that you two. Suppose he heard us, won't you two be embarrased ? (The look at each other and say nothing.)

(Jin Yan walks upstairs and just walks straight into Xi Wang's room. Jin YAn opens the door and sees Xi Wang sitting on her bed puttin on some nail polish on her toes.)

Xi Wang: (looks up at Jin Yan.) Jin Yan, you're back now. (Jin Yan walks slowly to Xi Wang without a word.) What's wrong ? Why are you so quiet for ? So awkward. (She begins to laugh.)

Jin Yan: (he hands Xi Wang a bag.) Here.

Xi Wang: (looks at the bag.) What ?

Jin Yan: for you.

Xi Wang: for what ? (Jin Yan doesn't answer.)(Xi Wang takes the bag and looks inside.) Whoa, you.... (Xi Wang smiles at Jin Yan.) Was it expensive ? (Jin Yan dosen't say anything. Xi Wang smiles and puts the bag aside. She hugs Jin Yan.) Thank you !! I know that you only got this for me because you were mad earlier and I tried to make you smile but you didn't like it right ?

Jin Yan: don't start having your own imaginations. I just got it because I had left over money.

Xi Wang: (keeps smiling and takes out a bun.) Whatever. Have some ! (she rips the bun in half and hands a piece to Jin Yan. Jin Yan smiles and grabs the piece of bun from her. They both eat on her bed.)

(The next day, Da Di and Jie Yuan and Jin Yan decide to go look for Ke Xie incase he goes missing. So the two girls, Yu Dian and Jie Men are at the shop helping out Xi Wang and Xi Guang.)

(The three men are out in the middle of nowhere with one of the villagers old car. Jie Yuan is driving, Jin Yan in the passenger seat, and Da Di in the back seat.)

Da Di: Jie Yuan, where should we go look ? Since you were the one that came up with this idea, where should we go look exactly ? Do you have any Ideas ?

Jie Yuan: I feel that we should just keep driving this way. There's two ways out of town, but I'm guessing he only found the one that is closest to our house. He couldn't have gone too far from our town. 65 miles is pretty far to go when you don't know anywhere and you don't have alot of gas on you.

Jin Yan: just keep driving.

Jie Yuan: That's what I just said.

Jin Yan: just stop talking and keep driving.

Jie Yuan: Oh, I'm sorry but- (the two guys start to argue and Da Di sits back on his seat and covers his ears.)

(A couple moments later.)

(the 3 guys approach JIn Yan's motorcycle, but finds no sign of Ke Xie.)

Da Di: Hey Jin Yan !! You're bike !! (Jin Yan and Jie Yuan both look, so Jie Yuan pulls over and htey all get out.) Hey ! It's your bike Jin Yan ! (he runs to hte bike.)

Jin Yan: (slowly approaches the bike.) I think It should be dead by now. That's probably why that bastard took off. (he grabs his bike by the handles, and rolls it back to the car.)

Jie Yuan: let's keep driving hen. he can't be too far from here.

Da Di: (nods) I want to drive this time. Sitting in the back and listening you two arge and argue and argue drives me so crazy !! Ughhh !! (he grabs the key from Jie Yuan's hands and walks to the car. Jie Yuan stands there cluelessly and walks over to the car. Jin Yan puts his motorcylce in the car and sits in the back.)

(As the guys drive and drive and drive. they finally catch up to Ke Xie. He's knocked out on hte side of the road. The guys stop the car and gets out.)

Da Di: see ! He's still here ! Hurry, let's get him the car before anyone sees us.

Jie Yuan: (sighs) I said that.

Jin Yan: do we need to bring him back ? He can stay here for all we care.

Da Di: no !! No, no, no !! He cannot stay here !! He still owes us some money !!

Jie Yuan: What ? Money ?

Jin Yan: what money ?

(Back at Magical Firefly Town. Everyone is in the shop [Xi Wang, Xi Guang, Da Di, Jin Yan, Jie Yuan, Yu Dian, Ke Xie and Jie Men.])

Ke Xie: What ?! Money ?! What money ?!

Da Di: ohhhh, what money ? You don't know ? Then Let me tell you. You-

Ke Xie: wait !! Why do I owe for ? I haven't done anything wrong to you guys.

Jin Yan: you haven't ?

Ke Xie: (they look at each other like they want to kill each other.) You-

Da Di: Mister Ke Xie, excuse me. (Ke Xie turns around slowly to look at Da Di.) Anyways, you owe us 2 thousand for the crops you slept on and killed. You owe 120 for Jin Yan's gas and 250 for his motorcycle fixes. You also owe12 for the two bowls of noodles you ate. And since you owe us over 2 thousand dollars, you are going to stay here until you pay it off. You cannot leave unless you pay.

Ke Xie: what ?! More than 2 thousand ?! I can't leave unless I pay ?! What kind of town is this ? what kind of ugly rule is this ? Usually I don't have to pay for things like this ! 

Da Di: Mister, let me say something to you. Now, you're no longer a person from which ever planet you came from. You are now a resident of Magical Firefly Town. So please follow our rules.

Ke Xie: Magical Firefly Town. What kind name is that too ? I bet your whole town is weird just like you and your family. Everyone here is probably awkward beings !!

Da Di: Hey, keep in mind. We did save your life. So, have a little of respect for us.

Ke Xie: I don't care !! I don't like you guys anyways, so what's the point of respecting you guys ?!

Xi Wang: Hey !! You don't like it here ?! If you don't like it here than feel free to leave !! I'm telling you, this place is not like other places and you can't find a town like ours. If you don't like this place then feel free to leave !! You understand ?! (everyone is quiet. after a while of silent Ke Xie speaks up.)

Ke Xie: Hey, Little sister. You just keep out of this. You're not one of us.

Xi Wang: you're not one of us ! Compared to you I'm more than you of anything here. Don't speak if all you can speak of is nonsense and poop ! (Xi Wang runs upstairs.)

Da Di: it's settled then !! You cannot leave our town until you pay all your debts !! (Da Di is about to go upstairs, then turns around.) One more thing, you.... Must help pay for our taxes and bills since you are living here too. Thank you. (goes upstairs. Xi Guang follows him)

Ke Xie: Hey !! You- !! (Ke Xie sits down angrily) That old man. (turns to look at Jie Yuan.)

Jie Yuan: What ? Just because You look at me doesnt mean you won't have to pay. (Jie Yuan goes upstairs.)

Jin Yan: Don't worry. They'll just cut off money from you. (he walks into the kitchen.)

Ke Xie: Cut money ?! (gets up and walks after Jin Yan.) Then how am I supposed to be pay back 2 thousand ?! It's impossible !

Jin Yan: it's not my problem. (Jin YAn heats up a bowl of soup.)

Ke Xie: (looks at the bowl of soup and then at Jin Yan.) Do they make you pay for that ?

Jin Yan: (shakes his head.) No, because they like me. (Xi Wang comes down.) Hey Xi Wang, eat with me.

Xi Wang: (stands next to Jin Yan .) Is there enough for me ?

Jin Yan: There should be. (Xi Wang smiles and nods.)(Jin Yan smiles.)

Ke Xie: what about me ? I'm hungry too.

Jin Yan: (turns to look at Ke Xie. Xi Wang turns too.) Since.... You have to pay. Go heat one up if you dare. Just add 6 more dollars for the bowl though.

Ke Xie: (sits quietly and angrily.) How annoying. (he gets up and goes upstairs.)

Xi Wang: hey ! Who said you sleep upstairs ?! (Ke Xie comes back and looks at Xi Wang.) You're staying here for a few days. So your sopt will be on the ground down here. Or the tables.

Ke Xie: Why can't I sleep up there ?!

Xi Wang: Because it's Jie Yuan's room ! If you sleep there then where does he sleep ?!

Ke Xie: can't he just continue sleeping with you ?!

Xi Wang: no, i have my own personal stuff too ?!

Ke Xie: Like what ? (Xi Wang stares at him in disbelief)

Jin Yan: hey, personal is personal alright ? Don't worry about her things. Just worry about where you'll be sleeping.

Xi Wang: unless you sleep at Jin Yan's house !!

Jin Yan: what ?!

~END OF EPISODE 2~