Episode 1

Magical Firefly Town

(It's about 10:00 and the Daddy's Noodle Shop is open fro business. There's many people in the shop, so it's noisy and the shop is crowded. Xi Wang brings out the noodles as her dad and brother cooks and her mom takes care of money. Jin Yan drives his motorcycle and parks it right outside the shop and walks in for his shift)

Jin Yan: (he walks in and heads for the back)(he stops Xi Wang as she is heading out and grabs the tray of food she is holding) Li Xi Wang, I'm here for my shift now. (he smiles and turns around)

Jie Yuan: Hey Wang Jin Yuan, You're always late an hour for your shift. You should think about coming on time for once. You-

Jin Yan: I though about it. (walks out to serve the food)

Jie Yuan: (looks at Xi Wang) Look at him, he's such a hard worker. Don't be like him later on.

Xi Wang: Ge(the chinese word for older brother), Shouldn't you be worrying about yourself instead ? You've been standing there for 5 hours and only made 10 bowls of soup. Dad probably made about 50 by now.

Jie Yuan: it's because of him ! If he just came on time and worked a bit harder then... Then...

Xi Wang: Then what ?

Da Di: (yells from a different room) Wang Wang !! Come get the food !! It's overflowing !!

Xi Wang: oh, okay !! (looks at Jie Yuan) Keep it up ! (Runs into the back to get the food)

(She walks out into the front to serve the food and some village guys approach her)

Jin Bao San: Xi Wang Baby !! I'm here now !! Come and take my order !!

Xi Wang: (she drops off the food and walks over to him with a big smile) Goodmorning !!

Jin Bao San: whoa !! Xiao Wang Mei Mei(the word for little sister in chinese), have I told you yet ? You get prettier and prettier each day !! Whoaa!!

Sha Yu: Aiyo Jin Bao San !! Don't you say that everyday ?! Stop being so busybody alright ?

Qi Meng: Yeah, everyone is tired of listening to your same words everyday.

Xi Wang: What do you guys want ? If it's only to babble then I have to go.

Qi Meng: Xi Wang Mei Mei, don't worry about the work here. Jin Yan Ge can do all of it !! (they start to laugh)

Xi Wang: Hey! You guys !!! Hey !!

Jin Yan: (he walks up next to Xi Wang) What ? (they all stop laughing)(Xi Wang walks away)

(After they're all done working)

(Xi Wang is sitting by her mom's side while her mom counts money. Jie Yuan and Da Di are both eating, while Jin Yan is sleeping on a bench in the store)

Xi Guang: 500, 600, 750. 750, what can we do with that ?

Da Di: what else can we do honey ? The most is pay for the house bills.

Xi Guang: (sighs) is it always going to be that way daddy ?

Da Di: (he puts his fork down and sighs) Honey, I'm guessing that's all. Unless we... (looks at Jin Yan and makes a little goofy face)(Xi Guang shakes her head)(Xi Wang and Jie Yuan look at eachother)

Jie Yuan: (turns to Jin Yan) Jin Yan, my dad is going to cut your salary again, okay ?

Jin Yan: he already cut it last week.

Jie Yuan: Yeah, I know. And this week too.

Xi Wang: Ge, isn't that just going to leave him with... (Xi Wang thinks for a bit) 20 ?

Jie Yuan: He's not part of our family so it shouldn't matter.

Xi Guang: Jie Yuan...

Jie Yuan: I'm just being-

Xi Guang: Jie Yuan..

Jie Yuan: hey, I'm-

Xi Wang: Ge. (Jie Yuan stops) How about you guys cut it from Jie Yuan ? (Jie Yuan looks at Xi Wang)

Da Di: (smiles and points to Xi Wang and nods. Xi Wang smiles and nods too) Good idea.

Jie Yuan: But I-

Da Di: okay !! Jie Yuan, this week. I'll only pay you 300.

Jie Yuan: 300 ?! Only?! But when you cut from Jin Yan, you only cut 50 ! Why cute 150 from me ?

Da Di: because you are my son.

Jie Yuan: Dad-

Xi Guang: Jie Yuan. (Jie Yuan stops talking)

Jie Yuan: Fine then.

(Yu Dian and Jie Men run in)

Yu Dian: Xi Wang !! Xi Wang !! (Xi Wang looks at them and smiles)

Xi Wang: Why are you guys here ?

Yu Dian: We heard that they opened a new bakery in town, let's go see it. Can we ?

Jie Men: please, please, please. It'll just be quick. Really quick !

Xi Guang: (smiles) You guys can have Xi Wang for the rest of the day. We're already done with work.

Jin Yan: (sits up) Can I go too ? 

Jie Men: (looks at Yu Dian)(Yu Dian smiles nervously) Uh... OKayyy...

Jin Yan: Where is it then ? I can drive my motorcycle.

Yu Dian: (looks at Jie Men unsurely and answers doubtfully) It's where the old laundromat was.

(Jin Yan stands up and grabs Xi Wang and pulls her out with him)

Jie Men: Hey, Xi Wang !

Yu Dian: Xi Wang...

Jie Yuan: at least she's getting a ride. (Looks at them two) You guys aren't leaving yet ? (They both walk out)

Da Di: (looks at Jie Yuan) Are you okay ? Today you seem- (Jie Yuan gets up and walks into the kitchen) Ey, Jie Yuan... Li... Li Jie Yuan...

Xi Guang: Da Di, forget him. 

Da Di: (he smiles and chuckles) I was just... (laughs again)

(After A Day At The Bakery, Jin Yan Takes Xi Wang Home. They are outside of Xi Wang's house)

Jin Yan: help tell your dad for me that I won't be able to come in tomorrow.

Xi Wang: Why ? Are you going on vacation again ?

Jin Yan: No, I just... (he smiles) nothing.

Xi Wang: Ohhh... You're being lazy and not wanting to come in again, am I right ?

Jin Yan: (he chuckles) No. (Xi Wang just smiles. They have a moment of silence where Jin Yan is just staring at her for a while)

Xi Wang: What ? Why are you looking at me like that ?

Jin Yan: (smiles and shakes his head) Your nose.

Xi Wang: My nose ? What is it ? (she touches her nose)

Jin Yan: here, let me help you. (He grabs her neck with his left hand. And he pulls her close to him. He uses his other hand to wipe her nose) Goodnight. (He let's go of her and drives off)

(Xi Wang stands there for a bit, looking confused. She shakes her head and walks to the door. She unlockes the door and walks in. Sets a bag of goodies on the table and goes upstairs to sleep.) 

(In her room)

Xi Wang: (she grabs a teddy bear on her dresser and talks to it) Baby, you know it's been a long day again. But good that I have Yu Dian and Jie Men to help keep me company. (She's silent) My wish for a prince, hasn't became true yet. I hope it will be here soon, I hope that my prince will be here soon. (she kisses her bear) Goodnight baby. (she puts the bear on her dresser, turn of her lamp and goes to sleep.

(NEXT MORNING)

(In the big City Tai Pei)

(Ke Xie and Xiao Die are out on a date.)

Ke Xie: (drinking coffee and sitting across from his fiance, Xiao Die) Xiao Die, would you like another cup of coffee ?

Xiao Die: (smiles and shakes her head) No, I'm fine. You go ahead and finish your drink.

Ke Xie: (smiles and grabs her hand) Are you excited about tomorrow ?

Xiao Die: Of course. Tomorrow is when we go try on our gear to be married in.

Ke Xie: I promise you. I'll make you the happiest girl on the day of our wedding. (Xiao Die smiles) Wait here for me. I'll go pay for our bill. (Ke Xie goes to pay for the bill. As soon as he leaves Xiao Die's smile fades into a face of hatred.)

Xiao Die: So hateful. (she takes out her phone and makes a call)(ON THE PHONE) Hello ? Ping Yuan ?

Ping Yuan: Babe, are you already prepared ?

Xiao Die: Mm ! Just wait until tomorrow. I think everyhting should go fine.

Ping Yuan: Okay then. I'll get everything by tomorrow too.

Xiao Die: I'll wait for you in the fitting room tomorrow then.

Ping Yuan: okay. Bye.

Xiao Die: Bye. (She hangs up)

(LATER ON THAT DAY. Ke Xie goes home)

Da Tai: (approaches Ke Xie as he comes in) Ke Xie, your dad and Ke Wei has been looking for you.

Ke Xie: I know.

Da Tai: They phoned you a couple times, but said you never picked up.

Ke Xie: I know that too.

Da Tai: They said they'll be waiting for you in your father's office.

Ke Xie: I know. (Ke Xie leaves to his father's office as Da Tai follows him)

(IN THE OFFICE)

Ke Xie: (walks in) You were loking for me ? (He sits down)

Ke Lu: Where have you been ?

Ke Xie: Out.

Ke Lu: With Xiao Die again ? (Ke Xie doesn't answer) Ke Xie, you have to know that you have responsibilties alright ? Your center of the world isn't going to focus Xiao Die forever.

Ke Xie: (looks at his father) The center of my world already revolves around Xiao Die. Nothing else can change my mind, I hope you understand.

Ke Lu: What ? (Ke Xie keeps staring at his father)

Ke Wei: Ke Xie, what are you saying ?

Ke Xie: I'm being truthful. If he can't take it, it's not my fault. I wasn't the one who put me in charge of his branch company anyways. I didn't even ask for the spot. It's not like I wanted it. He gave it to me from his own will. He should be the one trying to hold up his own name, I never said I wanted this position.

Ke Wei: Ke Xie ! Dad's only thinking about your own good. You shouldn't put him down like this. He put you in charge of the new branch so you won't be in need of money. I know for sure that you know how hard dad worked just to get to the position he is in now.

Ke Xie: My own good ? Really ? If it was for my own good. Then why do I have to take on things I don't want to ? Xiao Die is the only person I can lay my head on, And turn to when I have problems. All you and dad ever care about is wealth. Funny, I wonder why I'm not like you guys.

Ke Lu: Luo Ke Wei !! You have the guts to say this to your own father who gave life to you ?! If I knew you were goign to be like this then I never would have let you be here !!

Ke Xie: That's fine. I never wanted to be your son too.

Ke Wei: Ke Xie, don't-

Ke Xie: Anyways, Here's invitations to me and Xiao Die's wedding. (he throws twwo evelopes onto the table infron of him) If you guys can't make it, It won't make a difference. (He walks out followed by Da Tai)

(Ke Lu sits there quietly and gets up to grab an invitation. He takes out the card inside the envelope and it's a picture of Ke Xie with Xiao Die inviting him to their wedding. He becomes frustrated and ripes up the picture. Ke Wei runs to his father and tells him to calm down and takes the half picture out of his father's hands.)

Ke Wei: (turns to a maid) Clean this up please. (the maid nods and begins to pick up the pictures)(Ke Wei turns to his father) Dad, are you okay ? Don't think about it too much. Ke Xie was just tired from today.

Ke Lu: he's always been like this. Ke Wei, don't let me down okay ? Be a good son for me.

Ke Wei: (smiles) Let's take you to rest first. (He takes Ke Lu to rest)

(NEXT DAY)

(Xiao Die calls Ke Xie)

Xiao Die: Ke Xie, where are you ?

Ke Xie: I'm almost there. Just wait for about 5 minutes. Did you already try on your dress ?

Xiao Die: Mm ! I like it. You have to come see it.

Ke Xie: Of course, If you like it then It should look very nice on you. You've always had a good taste in everything.

Xiao Die: (smiles) Then... I'll see you in a bit.

Ke Xie: Mm ! Okay. Bye. (he hangs up)

(After they hang up, Xiao Die turns to Ping Yuan, who is also in her dressing room)

Ping Yuan: Is he coming ?

Xiao Die: He'll be here in 5 minutes.

Ping Yuan: (he smiles and hugs Xiao Die) In just a while. You and me will be together forever. (Xiao Die smiles)(As Ping Yuan leans in to kiss her, they get distracted)

Xiao Wei(A friend of Xiao Die): Xiao Die, when Ke Xie gets here do you want me to lead him into this room too ?

Xiao Die: Mm ! Make sure it's this room too.

Xiao Wei: Okay. (she leaves)

Xiao Die: (turns to Ping Yuan) Will you be okay in here by yourself with that idiot ?

Ping Yuan: Relax babe. He won't know what happened to him. (He and Xiao Die kisses really quickly, then Xiao Die exits the Dressing room)

(A couple moments later Ke Xie arrives. He gets out of his car and walks into the store where he is greeted bt Xiao Wei. He doesn't know who Xiao Wei is although Xiao Wei has been friends with Xiao Die fro a long time.)

Xiao Wei: Hello, can I help you sir ?

Ke Xie: I'm looking for Tian Xiao Die.

Xiao Wei: This way please. (Xiao Wei walks first as Ke Wei walks after her.)(When they get to the place where Xiao Die is, she is wearing her gown and looking at it through the mirror.) Miss Tian, your guests is here.

Xiao Die: (turns to look at Ke Xie) Ke Xie !! (she smiles) Look !! Is it pretty ? (Xiao Wei walks out)

Ke Xie: (he smiles) Mm ! You look beautiful. Are you wearing this one for our wedding ?

Xiao Die: I think I am. (turns back to face the mirror) I think it suits me quite well.

Ke Xie: (smiles) It looks really nice on you. (Xiao Wei comes back with a suit.)

Xiao Wei: Sir, this is the suit that is a match with the dress that the pretty miss is wearing.

(Ke Xie looks at it and smiles. He turns to look at Xiao Die as she is smiling too.)

Ke Xie: Okay. Wait for me. (He grabs the clothes from Xiao Wei and she exits the room. Ke Xie goes into the same dressing room that Xiao Die goes into)

(A couple moments later Ping Yuan drags Ke Xie out. Ke Xie is knocked out. A couple of young boys that aer right around Ping Yuan's age come in and helps Ping Yuan take Ke Xie out. Xiao Wei has driven a car into the back of the store outside in an alley. The boys and Ping Yuan drag him out into the alley and throw him the backseat of the car. They tie his hands and feet together.)

Ping Yuan: (walks up to Xiao Die before he leaves) I'll be back in a couple of hours. Hurry home okay ?

Xiao Die: Okay, I'll be waiting for you at home then. (Ping Yuan smiles and kisses Xiao Die)

(Ping Yuan gets into the car and drives off. They drive for 4 hours and finally arrive at the outskirts of a town. They take out Ke Xie who is awake by now and throw him on the side of the road. They beat him a couple of times)

Ke Xie: What are you doing to me ?! I don't know who you are !

Ping Yuan: That's not important. Just stay here and be a good boy. (Ping Yuan turns around to leave)

Ke Xie: Hey !! Who are you ?! WHy are you doing this to me ?! I didn't do anything wrong to you !!

Ping Yuan: (turns to look at Ke Xie)(he goes to his car and takes out a card. He walks back tp Ke Xie and throws it at his his face.) Here, I hope you can make it. (Ping Yuan and his friends get into his car and drive back to the city.)

(Ke Xie looks at the card. It's a picture of Ping Yuan and Xiao Die inviting him to their engagement party.)

 

(BACK IN MAGICAL FIREFLY TOWN)

(The noodle shop is closed apprently. When Xi Wang comes downstairs to work, most of the townspeople are gathered in her home.)

Jin Bao San: Ahhhhhh !!!! Daddy Li, it's serious !! He was so scary !! He was bleeding, and he was tied up !! I think he was murdered !!!

Qi Meng: Aiya !!! It was such a frightful sight ?!!! Daddy Li you have to see it since you are the most brave of us all !! You can't leave us hanging on this one !!

Da Di: is it this serious like you guys say ? There was blood trails and he was bleeding ?

(Xi Wang spots Yu Dian and Jie Men, she walks to them)

Xi Wang: What's happening ?

Yu Dian: (looks at Xi Wang) Jin Bao San said that there was a scary man on the edge of our town.

Xi Wang: Scary man ? Like what ?

Jie Men: They said that he's bloody, and he can't walk or talk. 

Xi Wang: Really ? (she imagines a serial killer) Maybe it's a serial killer !

Jie Men: possibly, that's why they came to get your dad.

Yu Dian: if it's serial killer then we should pack our bags and head out. I don't want to die yet !!

Jie Men: Me too !! (they start to act all dramatic)

Xi Wang: What are you guys doing ? Even if it was a srial killer, we still have Jin Yan and Jie Yuan right ? We'll always be protected.

Da Di: okay, okay, okay. (turns to look at Xi Guang) Mama, we're ging to go take a look then. Okay ?

Xi Guang: Honey, is it safe ? I think we should just let him be.

Da Di: I think it'll be ebst to go save him. He can make us some money you know ! Haha- Like if they ever call us looking for their son, then we can say (imitataes in two voices, A low tone and his voice.) Hello ? Hello ?! Hey !! Do you have my son ?! Return him right now if you do ?! Oh sorry sir, I'm busy right now. I can't send him. If you want him then come and get him. Whoa, really ? Yes really, but let me tell you this. We found him and to get him back you must pay us 1 million dollars. (he starts to laugh) Then we be rich Mommy !!

Qi Jue: Yeah !! And you can split some to all of us !! Yeahhhhhhh !!!!!

Da Di: (stops laughing and smacks Qi Jue's head) Split with you my foot ! Go !! (he pushes Jin Bao San, Sha Yu, Qi Meng, and Qi Jue out first. He turns to look at Jie Yuan and Jin Yan) Jie Yuan, Jin Yan ! Come on ! (he walks out)

Jie Yuan: WHat ? Why me ? I don't want to- 

Jin Yan: scared ?

Jie Yuan: me ? Scared ? Huh ! (he walks out)(Jin Yan smiles and walks out)

(AT THE OUTSKIRTS OF TOWN)

(The guys approach Ke Xie as he is trying to wiggle free. They all hide behind a tree.)

Sha Yu: (Whispering) See Look Daddy Li. He's trying to wiggle uot and kill us !!!!! It's so scary !

Qi Meng: (whispering) We're all going to be dead !! Oh no !! Me and Qi Jue never got to meet our princesses yet Daddy Li !! You must kill him first !!

Jie Yuan: (talks in a regular voice) Why are you guys whispering for ? He's obviously trapped and can't get out. Just go and save him. He really can't see us like this.

Jin Yan: Idiots. (he walks out towards Ke Xie)

Qi Jue: (In a low voice) Jin Yan Ge !!! Heyyy !!! Jin Yan Ge !!! (Jin Yan turns to look at him) Be careful !! He might all your powers out.)(Jin Yan shakes his head and laughs. He continues to walk)

Da Di: Jin Yan !! Jin Yan !! Be careful !! (he runs after Jin Yan)

Jie Yuan: Dad !! Hey... (he gets out and walks aftre them.)

Sha Yu: Uhhh... Bye !! (he gets up and runs after them.)

Jin Bao San: Ahhggg !!! Sha Yuuuuu !!! (he gets up and runs after Sha Yu. Qi Meng and Qi Jue both scream and run after Jin Bao San)

(Hours after, they return with Ke Xie knocked out once again carried on Jin Yan's shoulder. The store is already empty since they didn't open for business. The only people left in the store are Xi Guang, Xi Wang, Yu Dian, and Jie Men.)

Xi Guang: (she gasps) Da Di... Jin Yan carry him upstairs to Jie Yuan's room !! (Jin Yan goes upstairs)

Jie Yuan: My room ?! What about me ?! Where do I sleep ?!

Xi Guang: Aiyo Jie Yuan ah !! You can sleep with Xi Wang okay ?!

Xi Wang: what ?! Why with me ?!

Xi Guang: You guys stop fussing over that !! Yu Dian go get the first aid kit from the top shelf by the refridgerator in the kitchen. (Yu Dian nods and runs off)(tuns to Jie Yuan) Your clothes...

Jie Yuan: Look at me ! He's too big to fit my clothes. I don't want any stretched clothes.

Xi Guang: (sighs) Okay. (Yu Dian comes back with the first aid kit and hands it to Xi Guang.) Thanks sweetie. (She runs upstairs)

Xi Wang: Hey !! You Li Jie Yuan !! I get the bed !!

Jie Yuan: Of course you do !! I don't want to sleep on your bed anyways...

Xi Wang: That's good then !!

Jie Yuan: Good !!

(Later that night before Xi Wang goes to bed. She is ordered to bring water to Ke Xie by her dad. When she goes into his room, he's alredy sitting on the bed and trying to rip off the bandagaes.)

Xi Wang: Eyy !! (she rushes in and puts the cup of water on his bedside. She tries to grab him so he won't pull of the bandages.) What are you doing ?! Don't peel these off !! You're hurt already !! Don't peel it off !

Ke Xie: Don't touch me...

Xi Wang: (she keeps fighting with him) I can't. My dad said that you can't take these off untill you're healed ! He said that your physically tired right now ! You need to rest.

Ke Xie: No, I need to go home.

Xi Wang: Hey !! (he keeps peeling it as she keeps trying to stop him) Stop it !! Even if you peel off all the bandages there will still be scars ! Just let it heal slowly like this then it'll leave less of a scar !! Let these bandages stay here as a life saver and let them help prevent scars !! Can you do that ?

(Ke Xie looks at Xi Wang and stares at her for a while. He stops fighting.)

Xi Wang: What ? Why are you looking at me like that ? 

(Ke Xie stares for a bit then looks away)

Ke Xie: nothing. (he takes tries to restick the bandages he already took off) You can leave now.

Xi Wang: You can't stick those on anymore. (Xi Wang looks around the room and finds the first aid kit. She takes it and takes out another roll of bandage. She walks up to him and starts to wrap it around his arm. She looks up at him.) Why are you here for ? You don't look like someone who will be in a small town like this. (Ke Xie doesn't answer) Who are you by the way ? I'm Li Xi Wang. My dad is incharge of this little noodel shop. Where did you come from ? (Ke Xi doesn't say anything. As soon as Xi Wang is done wrapping his arm he yanks his arm away from her.) Oh... Okay then. I brought some water here for you. If you get thirsty in the middle of the night, then there's water here. I'll be going to bed. My room is-

Ke Xie: Get out.

Xi Wang: (she looks shocked) Oh... Okay. (She walks out)

(Ke Xie sits in the room quietly. He sits there and thinks about Xiao Die and wonders how can she do that to him. He reaches in his pocket, and figures that he has nothing with him. No cellphone, no wallet and nothing. He gets up in panic and searches the whole room. He then walks out into the hallway and beings to pound on Xi Wang's bedroom door.)

Xi Wang: Who is that... ?

Jie Yuan: I'll open it. (He walks to the door and opens it, almost getting hit in the face.) What are you doing ?! Why are you pounding on our door this late already. Go back to bed ! (He begins to close the door as Ke Xie holds it open with on arm)

Ke Xie: My wallet, where is it ?

Jie Yuan: Your wallet ? How should I know where your wallet went ? It's not mine.

Ke Xie: Then where is it ?

Jie Yuan: Why are you asking me ? It's not like I helped you use it. How annoying. (He closes the door. Ke Xie stands out there quietly.)

Xi Wang: (looks at Jie Yuan) Ge, is he okay ?

Jie Yuan: I don't know. It would be nice if dad takes him to a mental hospital.

Xi Wang: He has problems ?

Jie Yuan: How should I know ? (Xi Wang makes a face at her brother and goes to sleep. Her brother goes to sleep too.)

(In The middle of the night Xi Wang wakes up to go use the restroom. She feels bad that Ke Xie was lost his wallet and can't find it. She then goes into his room and finds him still awake, sitting at her brother's desk writing something. She walks in and walks up to him.)

Xi Wang: What are you doing ? (Ke Xie looks up at her.)

~END OF EPISODE 1~