Blonde Boys Are Dumb

Hi My Name Is Zico

 

“So goddamn cold…” I muttered under my breath. The crap- weather was not helping to lighten my mood. Hence the swearing.

I checked my phone again. 12:53. AM by the way. Only seven more minutes of my shift.

So what kind of job do I have? I’m a magic police.

Haha wtf right?

Yeah, well I live in a world with magic, full of wizards. Of course, there’re still the normal people. Heck, I spend the first half of my day as a normal high school student. But during the night, I need to patrol the streets of Gangnam from midnight to one. I’m one of the people who keep the world balanced between normal and magic. Without us, crazy wizards would use their powers to do psycho things to normal people.

Well anyways, I usually have PO, a childhood friend, patrol with me, since night patrols are always done in pairs, but he was assigned to a different part of the city tonight.

I began making my way to the meeting point to trade places with the wizards on the next shift. As I walked, I saw a guy walking towards me. I tensed. If he was a hostile wizard… things were going to get messy.

“Hello…?” called out the guy. I came close enough for me to able to make out his face in the darkness. He had bleach blonde hair that was sticking out in all directions. His face was rather attractive and he was really tall.

“What’re you doing out here?” I asked pleasantly, keeping my tone light.

“I… don’t know,” he replied helplessly. He wasn’t lying. Oh why oh why did this have to happen when I was so close to the end of my shift?

“Hm… do you know where you live?” I asked.

After a moment of thinking, he shook his head no.

“Do you…” I began asking the dreaded question. “Know your name?”

His eyes widened, probably realizing he didn’t.

“No,” he said, panic starting to form in his eyes. “Can you help me?”

“Of course,” I sighed. “Let’s get to somewhere warmer. My toes are about to fall off.”

As I led the guy to my apartment, I texted the wizards on the next shift, explaining the situation and telling them I wouldn’t be able to make it to the meeting point. I knew it wasn’t a smart idea to take a stranger guy to my apartment but A) I seriously wanted to get out of the cold. What was with this October weather anyways? B) I would’ve taken him to the Magic Control Center (MCC), but it was Friday night and it was closed. And C) because of my ability to see through lies, I’ve learned to be more trusting, unlike most people these days.

“Sorry it’s a little small,” I said as I unlocked my door. I walked in, shrugging off my coat and throwing it onto the sofa. The guy stepped in, a little hesitant. He sat down on the sofa, looking around with wide, wondering eyes.

He looked like a lost puppy.

I made some hot chocolate for both of us and sat down across from him.

“Careful, it’s hot,” I warned as I handed the cup to him. , I was treating him like a kid. From his looks, I was pretty sure he was older than me. Had to be at least in his twenties.

“Mm, it’s good,” he said, giving me a sweet and innocent smile. I bit my lip. There was no denying it. He was really hot.

“Alright then, let’s try to figure this out,” I sighed. “So what’s the last thing you remember?”

“Um…” he looked down at his cup. “A couple hours ago I woke up on a park bench and I’ve been wandering around since then…”

Hobo?

“Do you have any sort of identification on you?” I asked. “Driver’s license, credit card, anything?”

He shook his head no as he pat down the many pockets on his trench coat. “Oh wait…”

I heard it too. The sound of crinkling paper. He pulled out a folded up piece of paper from his inner pocket and unfolded it.

“What does it say?” I asked. I frowned when he didn’t answer. I gently took the piece of paper from him.

Hi, my name is Zico.