Broken

_______Day By Day [하루하루]

 

Chapter 11

Jiyong's POV

The members and I were alone in our practice room.

I hadn't breathed a word to any of the others and I wasn't planning to but Seungri had too much.

"HYUNG HOW THE HELL COULD YOU HAVE DONE THAT?!" Seungri burst out. "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?! WHAT HAPPENED?!"

Daesung and Youngbae flinched and sighed.

"Seungri ah… let me explain…" Daesung started.

"UGH HOW COULD YOU HAVE DONE THAT?! AM I SUPPOSE TO BELIEVE YOU?!" Seungri burst out again.

"LEE SEUNGHYUN WAIT!" I burst out. I shouldn't have yelled at him. "Sorry. I shouldn’t' have yelled at you. But let them explain first."

Youngbae and Daesung proceeded to tell the story of what Jinae told them.

They told us about how Jinae said that Hyemi and Jiyeon never liked us and were using us and that we were paying them too much attention so Jinae came up with this plan.

I shook my head and knocked my head on the wall. What has this world come to?

"Jiyong ah, we really didn't mean to but there wasn't any other way to find out other than this…" Youngbae said softly.

"Whatever…" I sighed, my heart wrenching in pain. "At least it's done for."

Suddenly, TOP hyung who hasn't said a word today spoke up. "Aren't you guys being hypocritical?"

We all looked at him confused. "You guys wouldn't even let Jiyeon and Hyemi explain but you let Daesung and Youngbae explain? It doesn't matter that we have known each other for years now. How can you guys not give Jiyeon and Hyemi the benefit of the doubt?"

"Hyung… but Jinae noona said so clearly. What more did they need to say?" Seungri retorted.

"NO! What if there was a misunderstanding? WHY should Jinae get mixed up in this? HOW does she know that Jiyeon and Hyemi are only fans? She hasn't even known them for that long. Besides, who the HELL was that Abi? What? I've talked to her online like twice?" TOP spilled.

Tears were threatening to fall when I listened to Seunghyun hyung's explanation.

"Hyung… don't you love Jinae?" Seungri said softly. "Why are you saying all this about her?"

"Because I know that people have their faults and their flaws! I am admitting that she might have done a huge mistake and messed everything up. Just because you're in love with someone doesn't mean you think they are perfection. You work around with each other's flaws. That’s how love is." TOP hyung said firmly.

"So what now?" I asked.

None of us knew what to do but all I know is that I want to see Jiyeon again.

I ran out of the practice room and headed towards where Jiyeon and Hyemi were staying.

When I had almost reached there, I saw the super market where I talked to Jiyeon.

In front of the supermarket, I saw Jiyeon collapsed there, crying with Hyemi by her side with the same amount of tears, trying to get Jiyeon to stand up.

The supermarket lady came out of the door and tried helping the two girls but in vain.

My heart broke again as I saw her crying. I felt like crying myself. I didn't know who to believe now. I didn't want to be wrong in believing, Jinae, the girl who we've known for a few years now, rather than Jiyeon, the girl who I've known for a few months.

I took a step towards them but held myself back because I realized what I was doing. I couldn't go to them like this.

Suddenly, I saw the Kwon twins, new YG trainees.

"YAH! Kwon Youngdeuk and Kwon Youngdon! Come here!"

Jiyeon's POV

It was December 12 of 2008… Seungri's birthday.

Hyemi's eyes were widened with tears threatening to fall.

I sighed and covered my face with my hands.

It was all over.

We stared as we watched the ones we love walk away.

It was all over...

Everything was done for.

I couldn't even begin to explain what happened.

Angry tears fell as I screamed. We had left Jinae's house and we were on the way back home.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw the super market where I first had a private conversation with Jiyong. More tears fell that I didn't even know I had.

WHY was this happening? WHAT was going on? WHY the heck would Jinae lie?!

I stopped in my tracks and bent down on the street in front of the supermarket. My voice cracked.

Hyemi stopped beside me and sniffed. "Eonni…" she said, her voice breaking. "Eonni let's go…"

The supermarket lady rushed out and bent beside us. People were now staring, wondering if we were filming for a drama.

Oh if only we were.

"Aigoo did something happen?" Mrs. Kim, the supermarket lady, asked. Mrs. Kim has been our "mother" while we were here in Korea. She has been very close to us.

"Auntie what do I do now? How do I tell him I wasn't lying?" I sobbed to her.

She tried to get me up but my body wouldn't budge.

Suddenly, two boys came up to us. They introduced themselves as Kwon Youngdeuk and Kwon Youngdon and offered to help.