Chapter 5

Love Style

“Donghae-ah!” Hyukjae called out, running across the road when the light changed to green.

“Hyukkie!” Donghae said back, beaming at the other young boy.

Hyukjae walked up to Donghae and took his hand.

“Let’s go” he said, taking Donghae to the café shop he had promised to take him to.

Donghae couldn’t believe this was really coming true. He was rushing down the street hand in hand with the boy of his dreams. Life couldn’t get better.

“Donghae-ah. Is eating here okay?” Hyukjae asked as he stopped in front of the café.

Donghae nodded “Eating anywhere is okay as long as it’s with you”

Hyukjae blushed and nodded, walking inside the café with Donghae in tow.

They took a seat in a booth next to the window and took a look at the menu.

“Good morning Hyukjae and…” the waitress said as she walked over.

“His name is Donghae” Hyukjae said.

“Donghae! It’s nice to meet you” she smiled “Now what would you two like today?”

“Just the usual for me” Hyukjae said.

“What about you Donghae?” the waitress smiled.

“Umm..I think I’ll just have the same” Donghae said.

The waitress wrote down their orders and then walked off to the kitchen.

“Donghae-ah. Why did you order the same thing as me when you didn’t even know what I ordered?” Hyukjae asked, leaning back in his seat.

Donghae just shrugged “Just because”

Hyukjae chuckled and without thinking he took Donghae’s hand in his.

Donghae blushed but he didn’t flinch and move away like he knew he should have. He just relaxed into the other boy’s hand.

At that moment the bell rang, signalling that somebody had entered the café and a gasp sounded in that general direction.

Donghae and Hyukjae turned around to see what the commotion was about and were surprised when they saw Sungmin lingering at the door with an unreadable expression on his face.

“H-Hyukjae, what do you think you’re doing?”

“I-I…Sungmin, I can explain!” Hyukjae said, his face looking exactly like a deer being caught in headlights.

Sungmin shook his head “No excuses this time Hyukjae”

“B-But…” Hyukjae said, trailing off his words.

“I’ll give you two options” Sungmin said “Either you come with me and never speak to Lee Donghae again OR stay with Lee Donghae and I will promise you that I will bully him mentally and physically until the day I die”

Hyukjae looked up at Sungmin in shock. Sungmin has been his friend for years. Would he really do all that to someone he really loves? Hyukjae knew this was a bad idea from the start. You should never start dating a close friend. It would only lead to trouble.

Sungmin on the other hand was furious. He couldn’t believe Hyukjae would do this to him. He was good looking, sweet and loving. What more could Hyukjae ask for? Lee Donghae was a loser and he had already brainwashed his boyfriend!

“S-Sungmin…” Hyukjae said, his voice breaking slightly.

Hyukjae got up and stood beside Sungmin.

“I-I’m sorry Hae…I hope you understand that I’m doing this because I don’t want to see you hurt. You don’t deserve to get hurt” Hyukjae explained.

Sungmin took Hyukjae’s hand and smiled a fake smile at Donghae.

“B-But Hyukkie, I don’t care about what Sungmin will do to me! Never seeing you again is what will hurt me the most” Donghae called out desperately.

“Sorry Donghae but MY Hyukkie has already made his decision” Sungmin said before practically dragging “his” Hyukjae to the door.

“Please monkey! Don’t leave me!” Donghae shouted out, tears now streaming down his face.

“Fish!” Hyukjae screamed out just as desperately as he disappeared out the door and down the street.

Donghae couldn’t control his rage anymore as he pounded his fists into the table, screaming out to anyone who would listen.

The kind waitress rushed over and helped to calm the boy down, his back gently.

“What’s the matter? What happened?” she asked, sounding genuinely concerned.

“H-Hyukjae’s boyfriend…h-he caught us here” Donghae said, still sobbing slightly “And..he said if Hyukjae speaks to me a-again…he’ll harass me and bully me for the r-rest of my life..s-so Hyukjae left with h-him and s-said that it was for the b-best”

The waitress sighed and pat the boy’s back.

“Look, I don’t really know you but I have known Hyukjae for his whole life. The way Hyukjae was interacting with you and the way you would both look into each other’s eyes and laugh at unspoken words. This shows that you two are made for each other. I’m sure Hyukjae is doing this for your safety but…I’m sure he won’t be able to keep away for long. He’ll speak to you again and if you two are really meant for each other everything will fall into place. Just be patient and trust the power of love” The waitress said in a soothing voice.

Donghae sniffed and nodded “Thank you for that”

The waitress smiled slightly “Now go home and get some rest and clean yourself up, okay?”

Donghae nodded and relaxed his tensed up body “Goodbye and thank you once again”

~~~

Siwon smiled with glee as he walked down the street with Park Heechul on his arm. They were both heading over to the skate park to meet up with Heechul’s friends. Siwon was finally going to become the most popular guy in the school! He was dating a popular guy and soon he would be hanging with other popular kids. Now he was guaranteed to be as amazing as Heechul!

“Siwonnie” Heechul said.

“Yes hyung?” Siwon asked, smiling even wider.

“I want to see your house” Heechul said, looking up at Siwon.

“My house? We can go there after the skate park if you like. My parents aren’t home” Siwon said, wiggling his thick eyebrows.

“Think of all the things we could get up to” Heechul said with a smirk.

Siwon smirked back. He couldn’t believe how lucky he was getting. He quickly thanked god and turned back to watch where he was going.

Across the other side of the road Siwon spotted his friend, Kyuhyun.

“Hey Kyuhyun!” he called out.

Siwon stopped along with Heechul and waved his hands at the younger boy.

Kyuhyun looked around to see who had called out to him and spotted Siwon waving to him enthusiastically.

Kyuhyun waved back awkwardly until he spotted Park Heechul on Choi Siwon’s arm. His eyes bugged out in surprise. How the heck did Siwon get Heechul? Siwon had told him all about his plan but he never thought it would work!

Kyuhyun felt jealousy bubble inside him. To be honest Kyuhyun had always admired Park Heechul. He was amazingly good looking, he didn’t put up with people he didn’t like, he came across rude…this was definitely Kyuhyun’s type of guy.

Kyuhyun marched over to the other side of the road and tried to hide his anger.

“Hey hyung…who’s this?” Kyuhyun asked, trying to act casual.

Heechul scoffed “How could you not know who I am?”

“How could you not know who I am?” Kyuhyun asked back, with a smirk.

“I like this guy’s style” Heechul commented.

“What about my style hyung?” Siwon asked, interrupting the conversation.

Heechul ignored Siwon and continued to chat with Kyuhyun.

Siwon’s shoulders slumped. Did Kyuhyun just come here to steal away his boyfriend?

“Yah Kyuhyun. Do you want to come to the skate park with us too?” Heechul asked.

“As long as you don’t mind me being the third wheel” Kyuhyun said.

“We don’t mind. Don’t we Siwonnie?” Heechul said, looking over to Siwon for the first time since Kyuhyun walked over here.

Siwon put on a fake smile “It’s fine. The more the merrier, right?”

~~~

Jungsoo stopped to catch his breath as he was running to the park. That was the one place he needed to be right now. He needed time to think and hopefully Youngwoon would be there. He needed to tell him how he felt before it would be too late.

Once Jungsoo had regained his breath he stood up and continued to run toward the park. Once he got there he made his way to his spot. He sat down and looked in every possible direction for Youngwoon but he wasn’t there.

He sighed and took out his novel. He began reading from where he left off last time. But something kept distracting him from the book. It was a faint noise that sounded a bit like music. He decided to ignore it once again and keep reading but after the fifth time it had interrupted him he couldn’t take it anymore.

He stood up and curiously followed the sound around the corner and then he saw the source of the noise. It was a boy playing the guitar. He was sitting on the edge of the fountain, facing away from Jungsoo.

Jungsoo thought about it for a second and decided that he would go and ask the other boy if they could maybe move or play quieter. The park was Jungsoo’s one place he could have silence after all.

Jungsoo lightly tapped the boy on the back “Umm…excuse me but could you…”

The boy turned around and Jungsoo immediately stopped what he was saying. It was Youngwoon.

Youngwoon smiled “What are you doing here Jungsoo-ssi?” he asked.

“I just came to clear my mind I guess” Jungsoo shrugged “And...I was also hoping I’d see you here”

Youngwoon smiled and began strumming his guitar again.

“You play guitar?” Jungsoo asked.

Youngwoon nodded as he closed his eyes and strummed the strings gently.

“You’re really good” Jungsoo commented as he also closed his eyes and listened intently to the sound Youngwoon was producing.

Youngwoon chuckled “I wouldn’t say I’m really good. I only just learnt how to play a few weeks ago”

“Really? You learnt that quick?” Jungsoo asked.

When Jungsoo learnt to play the piano it took him a whole year to learn how to play it properly.

Youngwoon nodded “Some say I’m a quick learner”

Jungsoo laughed wildly at this. Youngwoon was exactly what he needed right now.

Youngwoon looked at the other boy like he was crazy but eventually laughed along with the contagious laughter.

After a while Jungsoo had calmed down and looked back over to Youngwoon, seeing his face he started laughing hysterically again.

“I-I don’t even know what’s so f-funny” Jungsoo said in between laughter.

Youngwoon laughed a hearty laugh along with Jungsoo and rubbed the other’s back.

Jungsoo stopped laughing again after he was completely out of breath and gasped for air.

“Are you okay?” Youngwoon asked.

Jungsoo took one last breath of air and sighed “I’m fine”

Youngwoon smiled, his eyes slightly disappearing behind his grin.

“You had me worried there for a second. I thought you were going to laugh yourself to death!” Youngwoon exclaimed.

Jungsoo chuckled a bit and sighed.

“Can I stay here with you forever?” he asked out loud.

“What?” Youngwoon asked, looking over at Jungsoo with wide eyes.

“I-I…” Jungsoo blushed a crimson red “I just like your company…a lot”

Youngwoon smiled a sweet smile and could feel himself blushing slightly.

“I like your company a lot too” Youngwoon said.

After hearing that Jungsoo was convinced he would faint right there on the spot. Now that he was alone with Youngwoon he could see how genuine, kind and gentle the other man really was. At first glance Youngwoon appeared as big and scary, then he appeared as strange and odd but now Jungsoo could see how sweet and friendly Youngwoon was.

“Yah…Youngwoon-ssi” Jungsoo said, softly.

Youngwoon looked back over to Jungsoo and smiled “What is it, Jungsoo-ssi?”

“How old are you?” Jungsoo asked, starting to get curious about the other boy.

“I’m 15 Jungsoo-ssi. How about you?” Youngwoon said casually.

Jungsoo chuckled “I’m 17, so I’m your hyung! You have to treat me well, okay?”

Youngwoon chuckled as well “Of course hyung! But you don’t look 17, you look younger”

Jungsoo laughed and hit Youngwoon lightly on the shoulder “I can’t believe you’re only 15 though. You act really mature for your age”

“You think I’m mature?” Youngwoon asked “I guess I can be mature when I want to”

Jungsoo nodded and unconsciously moved closer to the younger boy.

Youngwoon smiled to himself, his eyes turning into small crescents. He began to strum on his guitar again and he heard Jungsoo hum along.

“Do you know this song?” Youngwoon asked softly.

Jungsoo nodded “My mother used to sing it for me every night before I slept. To be honest…she still does. It’s kind of embarrassing though”

Youngwoon shook his head “Don’t be embarrassed. I’d give anything for my mother to sing to me before I slept”

“She doesn’t sing to you?” Jungsoo asked, tilting his head.

“She used to…but not anymore” Youngwoon said, deciding to explain everything before Jungsoo asked anymore questions “My mother and father passed away in a car accident when I was five”

Jungsoo felt a stab in his heart. It was stupid of him to keep asking questions about Youngwoon’s life like that.

“Y-Youngwoon-ah…I’m sorry, I didn’t know…” Jungsoo said with a forlorn look on his face.

“Jungsoo-hyung, it’s okay” Youngwoon assured with a smile.

“Do you miss them a lot?” Jungsoo asked, mentally hitting himself afterwards for asking such a stupid question.

Youngwoon closed his eyes and nodded “I remember when I was younger I wanted to become just like my father. I wanted to cook ramen in the family’s ramen shop but my uncle had to sell it so he would have enough money to look after me”

“Don’t give up your dream, okay? I’m sure it will work out” Jungsoo said, rubbing Youngwoon’s back soothingly “I’m really sorry for bringing this up”

“It’s okay. I would have told you sooner or later anyway” Youngwoon smiled, secretly enjoying being fretted over and touched by Jungsoo.

Jungsoo smiled and retracted his hand from Youngwoon’s back “I can imagine you in a ramen shop right now”

Youngwoon chuckled “Really? What does it look like?”

Jungsoo closed his eyes and smiled “You’ve just made a bowl of black bean ramen and you’re taking it to one of the tables and I’m sitting there and you put it in front of me and I eat it”

Youngwoon laughed at his hyungs imagination “Is that it?”

Jungsoo opened his eyes and nodded.

Youngwoon laughed and hit Jungsoo playfully on the shoulder but a little too hard for Jungsoo to handle. Jungsoo fell backwards and splashed into the fountain.

“Yah!” Jungsoo shouted as he shivered in the cold water.

“Hyung! I’m so sorry! Here let me help you” Youngwoon said, extending his hand for Jungsoo to take.

Jungsoo smirked and took his hand before pulling Youngwoon into the fountain with him.

Youngwoon wore an expression of shock on his face. He still couldn’t comprehend what had just happened.

“That was payback Youngwoon-ah!” Jungsoo said, splashing water at Youngwoon playfully.

Youngwoon laughed and splashed Jungsoo back.

After a couple of hours spent playing in the fountain Youngwoon and Jungsoo became tired and cold. They both stepped out of the fountain and decided to lie on the green grass over in the sun to dry off.

They both looked up to the sky and Jungsoo pointed at a cloud.

“That cloud looks like you” he said, giggling softly.

“It does?” Youngwoon asked, looking up at the same cloud “It’s not as handsome as me though”

“Of course not!” Jungsoo said, shifting his body so he was looking at Youngwoon.

Youngwoon also turned his body so he was looking at Jungsoo “You’re so beautiful”

Jungsoo blushed and so did Youngwoon.

“Why did I just say that?” Youngwoon asked himself out loud.

He felt like he was coming onto Jungsoo too strong. Jungsoo had Siwon. He didn’t need another guy chasing after him.

“I need someone to say that to me right now, thank you” Jungsoo said, slowly bringing his hand up to brush Youngwoon’s cheeks.

“No you don’t. You’re with Siwon and I’m sorry” Youngwoon apologised.

“No I’m not…” Jungsoo said with a sigh “I caught him in bed with my brother yesterday…I just can’t believe he would do that, especially in the room next to mine!”

“Jungsoo…he doesn’t deserve you if he is going to do something like that. You’re too good for him…you’re too good for me. You’re perfect” Youngwoon said.

Jungsoo shook his head “I’m not too good for you. You’re too good for me…if only I had left Siwon in the first place”

A tear escaped Jungsoo’s eye as he looked at the man in front of him. Why hadn’t he seen how absolutely perfect he was before?

“YAH!” A loud voice shouted.

“Look at this you guys! Kim Youngwoon is in love with another guy!” Another voice shouted.

“I knew he was gay!” A different voice laughed.

“Hyung, we have to leave. Now.” Youngwoon said quickly, standing up and grabbing Jungsoo’s hand.

“Quick you guys! He’s getting away!” The first voice shouted to his companions.

Youngwoon and Jungsoo ran as fast as they could through the park. The other boys were right on their tail.

Jungsoo had no idea why they were being chased or why they were running but he still clung tightly to Youngwoon. He was afraid and he could sense that Youngwoon was afraid as well.

Youngwoon quickly rounded the corner and the two of them dived behind a bush. Once they heard the other boys pass by Jungsoo turned to Youngwoon.

“What…just.. happened?” he asked, still out of breath from the running.

“Those boys are from my school. They bully me every chance they get” Youngwoon explained “At first it was just because I mostly kept to myself. That’s when they started to say awful things to me and I would always react violently. Then one day they decided to chase me on my way home from school. Now they chase me every chance they get” Youngwoon explained.

“Youngwoon, t-that’s so awful” Jungsoo said, wrapping the younger boy in a hug.

Youngwoon relaxed into the hug and let a tear escape his eye. Jungsoo noticed and immediately wiped the stray tear.

“I don’t know if it helps but I get bullied a lot at school as well. You’re not alone Youngwoon. There are plenty of other kids who are in the exact same situation as you”

Youngwoon smiled slightly “Thank you hyung. It helps a lot”

Jungsoo smiled back and then both of them made their way out of the bushes.

“Do you want me to take you home?” Youngwoon asked.

Jungsoo shook his head “It’s alright. I don’t have to be home for another three hours”

“Do you want to come to my place then?” Youngwoon asked.

Jungsoo thought about it for a couple of seconds before nodding “I’d love to”

~~~

“Heechul-hyung!” Hongki said enthusiastically as Park Heechul entered the skate park “Who are these guys?”

“This is Cho Kyuhyun” Heechul said, pointing at Kyuhyun “And this is my new boyfriend, Choi Siwon”

“It’s nice to meet you two. I’m Lee Hongki” he said, sticking out a hand.

Siwon pushed passed Kyuhyun so he could be the first one to shake the popular kid’s hand and he shook it firmly with a nod.

After a couple of minutes more of Heechul’s friends turned up. There was Hongki, Sungmin and Hyukjae and Kibum.

“Heechul hyung. Can I have a minute with you?” Sungmin asked Heechul.

Heechul nodded and left Siwon’s side.

Sungmin took Heechul to a secluded area and faced Heechul.

“Would you be able to do me a favour?” he asked.

“You can ask me anything” Heechul replied.

“Do you know Jungsoo’s best friend, Donghae?” Sungmin asked.

Heechul nodded.

“Could you make sure he stays away from Hyukjae? I caught them holding hands this morning and I threatened Donghae if he speaks with my Hyukkie again. But I don’t trust Hyukjae and Donghae at all. Would you mind?” Sungmin said.

Heechul nodded “I’ll think of something to keep them separated”

“Thank you so much hyung!” Sungmin said, hugging Heechul.

“It’s no problem”

A couple of hours later Siwon had found himself the centre of attention. Everybody wanted to talk with him and he couldn’t be happier.

“You’re so handsome Siwon-ssi! What skin products do you use?” Sungmin asked.

Siwon smiled “I don’t use anything for my skin. It’s naturally perfect”

Sungmin’s eyes widened “You really are amazing Siwon! I wish my skin was that great!”

“Choi Siwon-ssi! Tell us that joke again!” Hyukjae pleaded.

Siwon laughed to himself and nodded “Why did the chicken cross the road?”

“I don’t know!” Hyukjae said enthusiastically.

“To get to the other side!” Siwon said.

Hyukjae fell to the ground and started laughing hysterically.

“It wasn’t that funny” Kyuhyun said, walking over to stand beside Siwon “And Siwon isn’t that great. Do you want to know about the real Siwon?”

Heechul, Sungmin, Hyukjae and Hongki nodded hesitantly.

“For starters, he wears plenty of skin products to hide his bad skin just like anyone else. Another thing is that he has never been in trouble once. He’s the biggest teacher’s pet! He is also a major Christian. He pretty much lives by the bible, except for the fact that he sleeps with guys. Whenever he sins he begs for god’s forgiveness. And another thing is that he Heechul while he was drunk that night!” Kyuhyun said.

Heechul’s face turned to shock. He couldn’t believe it! Everything Choi Siwon had told him were lies!

Heechul marched right up to Siwon and slapped him in the face.

“H-Heechul! It’s not what it looks like” Siwon stuttered.

“Get lost. You don’t belong here Siwon” Heechul said in a low voice “Now I know how my brother feels. Betrayed by you”

Siwon couldn’t believe what was happening to him! Was god doing this to him? Was god punishing him for being attracted to men?

Siwon sighed and decided he could do nothing to get Heechul back. Maybe Heechul wasn’t meant for him after all.

He gave one last longing look at Heechul and then walked off.

“Cho Kyuhyun. I like your honesty. Take me home?” Heechul whispered into Kyuhyun’s ear once Siwon had left.

Kyuhyun’s eyes lit up like a light bulb and he nodded “Follow me precious”

Heechul waved good bye to his friends and left with Kyuhyun.

~~~

A/N Finally finished this chapter! I had so much fun writing the Kangteuk!! :D And it looks like Siwon just blew his second relationship. OTL And I don’t even know why I made Sungmin such a in this! He’s so mean! D: I hope you enjoy this anyway^^ Comment and subscribe please!~