CHAPTER 1

Love Style

“Yo hyung! Get the out of bed!!” Heechul cursed as he stood over his older twin brother’s bed.

Jungsoo slowly opened his eyes, cringing at the loud voice shouting in his face.

“H-Heechul, I’m sorry” Jungsoo said.

“Yeah whatever, just go get ready” Heechul said bitterly, stomping out of Jungsoo’s room.

Jungsoo heaved a sigh, slipping out of his covers and stumbling over to his wardrobe. He sifted through his collection of white clothes in a hurry and tossed them about in an attempt to decide what to wear. In the end he just chose a plain white shirt with baggy blue jeans.

Jungsoo had overslept yet again which was causing the Park family to become late for school and Heechul was not happy. He wanted to get to school. You see, Park Heechul ruled SM High. He was the coolest, most beautiful and most popular person at school and EVERYONE loved him. Either that or they were too scared to tell him otherwise.

But Jungsoo was the opposite. He was labelled as the school’s dork and Heechul and his friends would always bully him but Jungsoo didn’t mind all that much, he was used to it.

Jungsoo ran down the stairs, trying to comb his strangely parted hair at the same time. He wasn’t looking where he was going and accidentally collided with Heechul as a result of it.

“Aish, watch where you’re going!” Heechul shouted, giving his brother a death glare.

“Sorry Heechul” Jungsoo said softly.

“You better be” Heechul scoffed before going up the stairs to get his school bag.

Jungsoo really loved his little brother. Heechul never used to be like this when he was younger but ever since he got into his teens he had become a lot angrier. He was your average teenager and Jungsoo felt sorry for him. He wanted to have the same brother he had back in middle school but that Heechul was gone for now.

“Jungsoo ah!” his mother sang.

Jungsoo smiled to his mother who handed him a piece of toast and his lunch for the day.

“Thank you mother” he said, taking the lunch and placing in his back before shoving the toast in his mouth.

“We’re running a little late if you haven’t already noticed” she informed.

 “I know and I’m sorry. I’ll be waiting in the car” Jungsoo smiled before heading out the door and into the car to wait.

 “HEECHUL! WE’RE LEAVING!!” Mrs Park shouted out.

“I’LL BE DOWN IN A MINUTE! I’M DOING MY MAKE-UP!!” Heechul shouted back.

This would always happen of a morning. Heechul would get mad at Jungsoo for not waking up on time. Jungsoo would get ready in a rush and wait in the car while Heechul took forever to get ready which makes them even later than late.

~~~

“Henry ah, slow down” Ryeowook called out after his little brother.

“No, you speed up!” Henry said back cheekily.

Ryeowook sighed and changed his pace to a brisk walk, easily catching up to his brother.

Even though they didn’t have the same parents Ryeowook felt as if Henry was his real brother. Ever since Ryeowook’s parents adopted Henry he had felt like he was part of the family. Ryeowook had instantly taken a liking to the sweet 13 year-old.

“Look over there Wookie hyung!” Henry said, pointing towards the school yard “Donghae hyung is waiting for us by the gate!”

“Wow! He is, isn’t he?” Ryeowook said in a mocking voice.

“Stop talking to me like I’m a baby” Henry whined.

“Then stop acting like one!” Ryeowook teased.

“You can’t talk hyung! You act like a three year-old all the time” Henry pointed out.

“Do not!” Ryeowook pouted.

The two brothers burst out into laughter at themselves.

“What’s so funny?” Donghae asked as they approached him.

“Hyung’s a baby” Henry said.

“Nuh-uh, you are” Ryeowook argued.

“No way, I am” Donghae said, suddenly joining in the conversation.

Ryeowook and Henry both gave Donghae a strange look.

“What? I wanted to be a part of your conversation” Donghae said, pouting.

“You’re weird fish” Henry said.

“That’s fish HYUNG to you, baby Henry” Donghae said, trying to stop himself from laughing.

“Anyway, who are you texting hyung?” Ryeowook asked casually.

“Jungsoo hyung. He’s going to be late for school again so he told us not to bother waiting around for him” Donghae said.

“He’s ALWAYS running late” Henry said exaggeratedly.

“What about Jongwoon hyung?” Ryeowook asked.

“I’m right here” a voice whispered into Ryeowook’s ear.

Ryeowook jumped and let out a high pitched squeal, gaining the whole school yard’s attention. 

“What’s the matter Ryeowook? Did your pop? Oh that’s right, you have none!” Kyuhyun said.

Siwon, the school’s biggest jerk, gave the younger boy a high five.

“R-Ryeowook I’m so sorry for scaring you like that” Jongwoon apologised “And don’t listen to them. You have a lovely voice and I bet none of them could sing like you”

Jongwoon encased Ryeowook in a hug and buried his head in the younger’s hair.

“It’s okay hyung” Ryeowook said softly, snuggling up into Jongwoon’s chest.

“Ewww!” Donghae complained, covering his eyes.

“You’re just jealous hyung” Ryeowook said, giggling slightly.

“No way! I don’t need someone in my life. I’m fine on my own, living it up solo. I mean, who doesn’t wanna be y, free and single?” Donghae said.

“Keep telling yourself that Donghae ah” Jongwoon said with a slightly amused tone.

Donghae bit his lip. The truth was he had fallen for someone but this someone would never return Donghae’s feelings. Donghae was just a regular kid and this crush he had developed was in the popular group. His crush had even this one time… Donghae had no chance at all.

~~~

“Hyung that was cool, right?” Kyuhyun asked.

Siwon nodded “Maybe one day you’ll even be as popular as me”

“But hyung, don’t you need friends to be popular?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun” Siwon said, shaking his head “Being popular isn’t all about how many friends you have. It’s about doing whatever you want whenever you want but doing it with style. Besides, we’re friends aren’t we?”

Kyuhyun shrugged “Yeah, I guess… but if you’re so popular then why can’t you get in Park Heechul’s pants?”

“Kyuhyun! Don’t say that out loud” Siwon whispered.

“What? Why not?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Listen, Heechul is the iest person in the entire school! I can’t just simply ask him out!” Siwon shouted “Gosh, you’re such an amateur”

“But I thought you said you could do anything you wanted”

“Look. Park Heechul doesn’t take just any guy. I’ll have to think of a way to get close to him without getting close to him…”

“What?”

“You heard what I said!” Siwon shouted.

“That’s true… but I’m not sure it makes any sense” Kyuhyun said slowly.

“I say what I wanna say” Siwon said.

“Whatever you say…”

At that moment the bell signalling for the first class of the day rang and Siwon and Kyuhyun both went their separate ways.

~~~

“See you two when you get home from school~!”

“I won’t be home until late though” Heechul stated.

“Late? Why?” his mother questioned sceptically.

“I’m hanging with my friends tonight” Heechul tossed over his shoulder before heading into the school yard and joining his friends who were chatting despite the bell signalling for class ten minutes ago.

“Jungsoo ah, have a good day” the twins’ mother said warmly.

“I will” Jungsoo said, giving his mother a hug and hurrying off to his first class.

~~~

“Sorry I’m late sir” Jungsoo said, bowing as he entered the room.

“Take a seat but if you don’t get down all these notes before the bell rings I’m going to have to keep you in after class” the teacher said sternly.

“Yes Seongsaengnim” Jungsoo said, taking a seat beside Donghae.

“Yah, where’s your brother and his friends?” Donghae whispered.

Jungsoo shrugged while he took out a notebook and pen.

“From what it seems he’s ditching school today. Why do you want to know?”

“No reason” Donghae said casually.

“I know what it is” Jungsoo said, clicking his fingers.

“What?” Donghae asked.

“Heechul’s friend. The one that’s in your dance class. He goes by the name of Hyukjae I believe” Jungsoo said in an all-knowing tone.

“Mr Park! Mr Lee! You two are staying after class!” Mr Kim shouted.

“B-But sir…” Jungsoo argued.

“No buts! Now get down these notes!”

Jungsoo sighed and did as he was told. This was his first detention ever and he was slightly afraid of the idea but at least Donghae would be there with him.

~~~

“Hyung…” Hyukjae asked as Heechul, Sungmin and himself sat in the skate park.

“What?” Heechul asked, looking up from his phone.

“I need to pee” Hyukjae stated.

“Then go” Heechul said in an uninterested voice.

“But hyung! The next toilet block is miles away!” Hyukjae complained.

“Does it look like I care?” Heechul asked.

“I’ll come with you Hyukkie” Sungmin said, standing from his spot on the cement.

“Really?” Hyukjae asked.

Sungmin flashed a killer smile and nodded.

Sungmin and Hyukjae started to walk off into the direction of the toilet, ditching Heechul.

“Seriously? You’re just gonna leave me here?!” Heechul shouted after them.

“Sorry hyung!” Sungmin shouted back.

“We’ll be back in about an hour maybe!” Hyukjae shouted.

Heechul crossed his arms with a huff.

“Hyung?” a quiet voice spoke.

“Kibum?!? I didn’t even notice you were there!” Heechul said, frightened out of his wits.

“Sorry hyung” Kibum said.

“It’s alright” Heechul laughed.

“I have to go back to school now. I need to hand in an assignment” Kibum said.

“An assignment? Dude, you need a boyfriend to keep your mind off things” Heechul said.

“A boyfriend?” Kibum blushed “I assure you, I don’t need a boyfriend”

“Yeah, yeah. Just leave” Heechul said.

“Bye hyung” Kibum said, getting up and leaving.

“Alone again” Heechul muttered to himself.

“Heechul hyung!” an enthusiastic voice said.

Heechul turned around to see another one of his many friends walking up to him.

“You skipped school as well?” Heechul asked.

Hongki nodded “And then I saw you sitting here all on your own”

Then Hongki looked around to see if anyone was watching and he pulled out a couple of beers from his bag.

“Want one?” he asked in a hushed tone.

“I-I’ve never drank before” Heechul said back.

“What?! The great Park Heechul has never tried beer?” Hongki asked.

“No. But I want one” Heechul said, snatching one of the drinks from his friend and taking a swig.

“Don’t drink it to fast Chullie hyung! You won’t be able to walk straight otherwise” Hongki warned.

“Yeah whatever” Heechul said, taking another huge sip.

~~~

“You two clean the classroom while I attend a staff meeting. By the time I get back I want it completely spotless” the teacher instructed before leaving the room.

Jungsoo picked up a broom and began sweeping the floors while Donghae just sat there watching the other boy with curiosity. Donghae watched as his hyung tripped over the broom and almost fell but caught his balance just in time.

“Hyung” Donghae said.

Jungsoo looked over to Donghae with a questioning look, his head slightly tilted.

“How did you know that I liked Hyukjae?”

Jungsoo chuckled a little “Donghae, you make it pretty obvious and I’m your best friend. I know all your secrets”

Donghae blushed and picked up another broom, finally deciding to help Jungsoo.

 “Do you think I have a chance with him?” Donghae asked.

“Of course you do Donghae ah” Jungsoo answered almost automatically “Everybody has a chance”

“B-But Hyukjae is so popular. He’s the best dancer, he has so many friends and he’s so good looking!” Donghae fretted.

“You’re all those things too Donghae. You are great at dancing, Ryeowook, Yesung, Henry and I are your friends and you are y!” Jungsoo said enthusiastically.

Donghae laughed a little “Thanks hyung. You always no how to make me feel better”

“You’re welcome. Now help me out here” Jungsoo said.

The two continued to clean the room and when the teacher arrived he told them they could go and enjoy their lunch now.

~~~

Siwon’s eyes scanned the cafeteria. His eyes searching for one person in particular, that certain person being Park Heechul.

“Yah hyung. I don’t think he’s here” Kyuhyun pointed out.

“Have you seen him at all today?” Siwon asked.

Kyuhyun nodded “I saw him walk out the school gates this morning. I think he’s ditching”

“Well then we’ll just have to find him then” Siwon said.

“Why? So you can stalk him?”

“It’s not stalking Kyuhyun” Siwon said.

“Really what is it then?” Kyuhyun asked amusedly.

“Nothing. Let’s just sneak out of school” Siwon said.

“Fine then. School was getting boring anyway” Kyuhyun agreed.

The two walked out into the school yard and jumped the fence. They wandered off in search of a certain popular boy.

~~~

Sungmin stood outside the public restrooms, waiting for Hyukjae.

The thing was that Sungmin was crushing on Hyukjae which was the only reason why he agreed to walk halfway across town with him. He wanted to have some alone time with Hyukjae.

“Minnie, I’m done. We can go back now” Hyukjae said, snapping Sungmin from his various thoughts.

“I don’t wanna go back yet” Sungmin pouted “I wanna spend time with Hyukkie”

Hyukjae gave a slight smile “What does Minnie want to do then?”

“This” Sungmin said, pushing Hyukjae up against the wall.

“S-Sungmin what are you…”

Sungmin stopped Hyukjae mid-sentence by pressing his lips against the younger boy. Hyukjae relaxed into the kiss and Sungmin deepened it by sticking his tongue down Hyukjae’s throat.

Hyukjae placed his hands on Sungmin’s waist, in content. He loved the feeling of Sungmin’s tongue exploring the caverns of his mouth.

Hyukjae already had a crush on somebody else. His name was Lee Donghae but Donghae was unpopular and if Hyukjae were to gather the courage to ask the other boy out he would be bullied for it so he decided it would be nice if he could date Sungmin. It would make him forget all about Donghae and the relationship they would never have.

~~~

A/N So, how was the first chapter? Good? Bad? Comment and subscribe~ and please continue reading^^