Chapter 20

If You Cannot

 

Chapter Twenty

 

 

Youngsaeng’s POV

 

 

Kyu jong and Mara went back to the table and I could perfectly see that he was holding her hand all this time until they sat. Couples were starting to dance and I could sense that my members were thinking of asking her.

 

“Aissh I’ve had enough” I muttered and stood up, grabbed her arm and dragged her with me. I saw that the entrance to the balcony was open. I headed there.

 

 

“Saengie ah, what’s the problem?” I didn’t answer and just continued to drag her until we reach the balcony. I let go of her hand then but I turned my back on her. I leaned on the railings for some support.

 

 

“Saengie ah, what’s the problem?” she repeated her question while leaning at the wall beside.

 

 

“Did you have fun?” I was really jealous. I gripped the railings tightly.

 

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?” That’s it.

 

 

“Is there anything going on between you and Kyu jong?”

 

 

“Why are you asking?” Is she blind, aissh this is so frustrating. I turned around to face her.

 

 

“Are you and Kyu jong together?!” I blurted and half shouted at her, walking forward as she walk backwards. Cornering her against the wall as I brace both my hands on each side. Trapping her in betweens my arms. “Tell me are you in love with my best friend?! Tell me so that I can stop myself from loving you!!”

 

 

Mara’s POV

 

 

. “Tell me are you in love with my best friend?! Tell me so that I can stop myself from loving you!!”

 

He loves me? My heart skipped a few beats trying to understand what was happening. He can’t be serious is he?

 

“Are you serious?” I managed to ask, confused at his sudden confession.

 

 

“Aissh” Everything went so fast, I never got the chance to hear what he said as he pulled me to him and sealed my lips with his. I could feel his arm around my back and the other my nape as he deepened the kiss.

 

 I’ve dreamt about this before but never thought it would actually happen. Without me noticing it, I returned back his kiss. We broke the kiss a minute later to catch our breath, I lost my balance a little but glad that Saengie was holding me still. I leaned back against the wall, trying to put oxygen in my lungs.

 

 

“You still haven’t answered me.” I heard him speak but I could tell me was as breathless as I am. I giggled.

 

 

“Ya! I am being serious and you are laughing at me?” he gave me those stare that could make my legs weak and my heart melt.

 

 

“Mianhe. I didn’t mean to. It’s just that after the uh...kiss we shared you still ask me that question?” I stammered a bit and look away because I know I was blushing like crazy.

 

 

Youngsaeng’s POV

 

 

“Mianhe. I didn’t mean to. It’s just that after the uh...kiss we shared you still ask me that question?” She looks so cute stammering like that. I couldn’t help but play with her hair and leaning my forehead to hers.

 

 

“Hmm? But I have to hear it.” I could see her turning red again.

 

 

“I...I..love you too.” I couldn’t hold back my smile this time. I already knew the answer the moment she answered my kiss but hearing it from her is getting me all hype up. I drop a small smack on her lips.

 

 

“I love you too.” I saw her blush again. “honey you look so cute blushing like that.”

 

 

“Yah! Now you are just plain teasing me” she broke away from my embrace.

 

 

“Mianhe. I just couldn’t resists.” I reached out my hand for her, and hugged her from behind as she took my hand.

 

“You are such a bad boy.” I heard her say but I was busy burying my head at her neck, it smells so nice. It was sweet yet refreshing at the same time.

 

 

“Saengie ah, if you love me, then why were you so moody towards me? You seem to be always frowning at me most of the time.” I smiled at her question.

 

 

“That’s because I was jealous. You were so close to them. I wanted you for myself. Ya! Why are you calling me Saengie?”

 

 

“What do you want me to call you then?”

 

 

“Baby. Like the time you first woke me up saying Saengie Baby. That really sounds y.”  I whispered the last two words at her right ear.

 

 

“Ya! You are definitely a bad boy, I wonder why your fans call you shy prince.” She turned around to face me.

 

 

“Let’s just say I only become a bad boy in front of you.” I winked at her, pulling her for another kiss. This time it was more than a peck.

 

 

“Let’s go tell the others.” I broke the kiss and smiled at her blushing face.

 

 

“Kaja” We held hands as we returned inside only to see all the members having a showdown on the dance floor.

 

 

Hyung joon’s POV

 

 

“huhuhummm look who decided to join us.” I said pointing at the Mara and youngsaeng hyung walking towards us holding hands.

 

 

“It’s about time you two decided to be together.” I heard leader hyung talked.

 

 

“Hyung, you have to promise to take care of my lil girl or else.” Mal joined in.

 

 

“Yeah hyung or else Mal would give you a strong kick with his horse legs. Heee hheee heee” As soon as I got the words out I ran and hid behind Kyu jong. Mal was after me again.

 

 

“Hyung, finally you decided to confess. I was having a hard time pushing you to confess you know?” Kyu jong said while I dodge Mal’s attacks.

 

 

“Wae~Kyu jongie you were making hyung jealous on purpose. Oh you naught boy.” I managed to say while dodging another attack from Mal.

 

 

“Ya! kids kaja. Let’s go home. It’s getting late, you still have schedules tomorrow.” I heard manager hyung called and I quickly made my way towards him. Knowing that Mal won’t do anything when Manager hyung is near.

 

 

Kyu jong’s POV

 

 

The ride back to our home was a good one-hour but it took us two due to some detour we have to make because of a highway accident. Hyun joong, Hyung joon were sleeping at the back, while Jungmin kept Manager hyung company at front so that he wouldn’t feel sleepy while driving. Beside me in the middle was Mara and Youngsaeng hyung.

 

 

“Kyu jong ah, mianhe. I took Mara from you.”

 

 

“Anniyo. She was yours from the start. Yes she was special for me, but more like she reminds me of her. I treat Mara as a dear dongsaeng. So don’t hurt her.” I smiled.

 

 

“De. Don’t worry. I will. I never felt such strong feelings for someone like this. Komawo. For making me realize.” He was looking Mara who was sleeping on his chest.

 

 

“Hyung ah, you may be professor Heo but when it comes to yourself you are so slow.” I began teasing him. Knowing that he and Mara would be happy. That is enough for me, finally I was able to protect someone and bring happiness in their life.